• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Moka

Farmer
I can't say anything about possible solutions. The only thing we can do now is wait. We will of course inform you about it later.
So, the solution is to extend the duration by 1 day.
Keep entrance ticket spawn timer by 1 or 2 hours.
Keep selling entrance tickets with diamonds by 1 or 2 hours.
Screw up the leagues because ALL players could play more and buy more entrance tickets.

I think you could have done better.

zookeepers

Marquis
So, the solution is to extend the duration by 1 day.
Keep entrance ticket spawn timer by 1 or 2 hours.
Keep selling entrance tickets with diamonds by 1 or 2 hours.
Screw up the leagues because ALL players could play more and buy more entrance tickets.

Yep.

You should have freezed the points required for the leagues today, so that the extra day would be a pure bonus.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Then tell us the better solution. I can't think of any.
The bug happened and this means no matter what we do, some players will have less benefits from it. This solution makes it possible for all affected players to finish the event and gives everyone 3 more tickets.
The only players that have disadvantage now are those that paid diamonds to get to a higher league. All other players only have benefits. Even if you get to lower league now, remember that this only happens because many players were unable to spend their tickets from the daily quests. So even if this bug did not happen, you would still get pushed into a lower league. The bug and the extension of the event did not chnge anything there.

Lord Moka

Farmer
Then tell us the better solution. I can't think of any.
The bug happened and this means no matter what we do, some players will have less benefits from it. This solution makes it possible for all affected players to finish the event and gives everyone 3 more tickets.
The only players that have disadvantage now are those that paid diamonds to get to a higher league. All other players only have benefits. Even if you get to lower league now, remember that this only happens because many players were unable to spend their tickets from the daily quests. So even if this bug did not happen, you would still get pushed into a lower league. The bug and the extension of the event did not chnge anything there.
1 - You could have freezed the event once the bug was found.
2 - Give everyone the prize of the league in which was at the initial planned end date.
3 - Refund diamonds spent since the end date was not respected and most of the players made calculations based avg league points increase per day and on the end date.
4 - Remove all league points generated by players which played/purchased entrance tickets after the oficial planned end date.
5 - Keep the event enabled only for the players who had the bug.

In the end I think ALL the players should benefit and not only a few. The bug was not player's fault and the game should take the responsibility.

zookeepers

Marquis
No, then all players who saved up there daily quests would have a big disadvantage, cause they could not spend their tickets to get up the league

You should be able to get more points, but the borderline of the leagues shall be fixed. Maybe more than 1%, like 1.5% or even 2% would come into zoologist league, but it is fair that way. I can't imagine why Inno can't do this.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
1 - You could have freezed the event once the bug was found.
And how should that work? This was never done, this is technically speaking impossible to do, let alone in the middle of the night.

2 - Give everyone the prize of the league in which was at the initial planned end date.
No, then all players that were affected by the bug would have a big disadvantage. Way more players were affected by the bug then he players now getting into a lower league.

3 - Refund diamonds spent since the end date was not respected and most of the players made calculations based avg league points increase per day and on the end date.
And how do you separate the diamonds spent with an specific intent? This is not possible and just refunding all diamonds is just no solution.

4 - Remove all league points generated by players which played/purchased entrance tickets after the oficial planned end date.
Same as 2. this would be unfair for everyone affected by the bug.

5 - Keep the event enabled only for the players who had the bug.
This is not possible as there is no "list of players affected". There is also once again no technical solution to even activate an event only for specific players.

Lord Moka

Farmer
And how should that work? This was never done, this is technically speaking impossible to do, let alone in the middle of the night.

No, then all players that were affected by the bug would have a big disadvantage. Way more players were affected by the bug then he players now getting into a lower league.

And how do you separate the diamonds spent with an specific intent? This is not possible and just refunding all diamonds is just no solution.

Same as 2. this would be unfair for everyone affected by the bug.

This is not possible as there is no "list of players affected". There is also once again no technical solution to even activate an event only for specific players.
1 - Activating/Desactivating an event should be technically possible.
2 - No, you could give the prizes to the players who didn't had the bug and once the extended day ends you could reward the rest. That would be more fair to be honest.
3 - Diamonds spent spent on entrance tickets and event specials.
4 - No, it will be totally fair, you remove the points generated only by players who did not had the bug and played after the initial planned end date so that the league balance will be based only on the players who had the bug and could not play. What is the unfair part here?
5 - Probably a good idea to implement something like this in the future.

Emberguard

Emperor
1 - Activating/Desactivating an event should be technically possible.
That assumes a Event ending doesn't also completely reset your progress once the Event comes back. If Event end = delete Quest and Grand Prize progress, then it won't help anyone to deactivate the Event for 1 day and then reactivate it for 1 day once the bug is fixed. You'd never get anywhere fast enough as all the tickets are in the Daily Quests you wouldn't have access to if you end the Event early

The only players that will be negatively impacted by INNO's solution (which I applaud) are those that wrapped up their Event game before the bug hit, used all of their accumulated tickets and coins, exited the game, and do not log back in before the Event ends tomorrow to learn that they had an extra 3 tickets available for use. Everybody else gets the benefit of the extra tickets (which have no impact on League standings because everyone gets 3 tickets). Imo, the proper reply to INNO is "thanks for the free tickets".

Norde

Merchant
Lord Moka, you don't get it, there is no point to freeze the points.
Without the bug, we spend all of our ticket after midnight, and some player ends in lower league.
But because of the bug we couldn't spend those ticket (that you already spent from quests).
Finally, freezing the points would only be good to keep the advantage from a bug.

Refund diamonds spent since the end date was not respected and most of the players made calculations based avg league points increase per day and on the end date.
This is wrong, you don't know that someone kept his quests for last 10,5 hours or used daily. Like me, and others player who used 10-15 tickets without diamonds.

On the other hand, everyone got an extra 24 hours with 3 tickets and the daily reward is great.
Thanks for the solution, its a win-win.

CrashBoom

Legend
which have no impact on League standings because everyone gets 3 tickets
that sentence is wrong
because that would mean: every player would get the same amount of league points from 3 tickets :rolleyes:

but good players in the minigame gets more points from those 3 tickets

and players who are bad in the minigame bought additional tickets to reach the same amount of points for the top 5% in the league
and those again drop out of the top 5% (or must spend more diamonds)

and for me: thanks for 3 tickets,
I was and will end in the 20% league without full golden upgrade from top 5%
so I have to wait 120 days to finish my Panda Shrine

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm a little annoyed because I spent a little diamonds to get around the issues that the bug caused for me (i was 8 paws short of 280 on a world that I hadn't paid enough attention to and after rushing through quests on the last day to get to the tickets, found I couldn't actually win any tickets - so I spent a teeny tiny bit of diamonds).

But I think their solution is appropriate. I wish the announcement of the time extension had somehow reached me earlier so I could just not panic.

Now I also have another day to mull over whether to drop diamonds for a 2nd panda shrine on my main ;) I was free! I had settled! And they drag me back in to sitting on the fence ;)

zookeepers

Marquis
I'm a little annoyed because I spent a little diamonds to get around the issues that the bug caused for me (i was 8 paws short of 280 on a world that I hadn't paid enough attention to and after rushing through quests on the last day to get to the tickets, found I couldn't actually win any tickets - so I spent a teeny tiny bit of diamonds).

But I think their solution is appropriate. I wish the announcement of the time extension had somehow reached me earlier so I could just not panic.

Now I also have another day to mull over whether to drop diamonds for a 2nd panda shrine on my main ;) I was free! I had settled! And they drag me back in to sitting on the fence ;)

Well, I think Inno's solution is kind of appropriate, but just a little bit not enough.
I mean, there would be some players like @xivarmy who would suddenly decide to spend massive diamonds in the extra day,
and as a result of that, he would go to the diamond league from wherever league he was in previously.
That mean that somebody will drop off from the diamond league instead of him, which would not have happened without the bug.

To be fair, number of players in the higher leagues should be added at least a little bit.

Lord Moka

Farmer
Lord Moka, you don't get it, there is no point to freeze the points.
Without the bug, we spend all of our ticket after midnight, and some player ends in lower league.
But because of the bug we couldn't spend those ticket (that you already spent from quests).
Finally, freezing the points would only be good to keep the advantage from a bug.

This is wrong, you don't know that someone kept his quests for last 10,5 hours or used daily. Like me, and others player who used 10-15 tickets without diamonds.

On the other hand, everyone got an extra 24 hours with 3 tickets and the daily reward is great.
Thanks for the solution, its a win-win.
No, you totally missed the conversation and what happened this morning.

1 - I'm not talking about freezing the points, I'm saying that players who did not had the bug(finished all quests) by the initial end date should not be allowed to play any extra move and inflate the league points. The points of those who played should be removed.
2 - I'm also saying that it was possible for 1 or 2 hrs to buy entrance tickets with diamonds in the morning after the event was extended.
2 - The only players who should be able to play should be those who had the bug and the leagues should adjust only based on the points generated by them.
3 - After the event was extended the ticket timer spawn was still active, some players got 1 more ticket because of that.
4 - The league points were inflated by normal players and NOT by those who were not able to play due to the bug.

If you don't see a problem in this then your definition of 'Fair' is different than mine.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, I think Inno's solution is kind of appropriate, but just a little bit not enough.
I mean, there would be some players like @xivarmy who would suddenly decide to spend massive diamonds in the extra day,
and as a result of that, he would go to the diamond league from wherever league he was in previously.
That mean that somebody will drop off from the diamond league instead of him, which would not have happened without the bug.

To be fair, number of players in the higher leagues should be added at least a little bit.
I may or may not jump up a league. My calculation last night when I decided not to was that I would probably *barely* move from professional to zoologist. And I wasn't sure it'd hold without adding even a bit more diamonds - and that was part of the factor in deciding not to.

Today I think just enough for the 2nd shrine would not move me to Zoologist. And I'm already comfortably in Professional.

But yes it's possible I make the decision today to spend for Zoologist instead of spending for just 2nd shrine. And if not me, then someone else probably will. Certainly someone who spent "just enough for zoologist" yesterday probably needs to spend a little bit more today to hold onto it. Perhaps they could run some sort of script and "upgrade" anyone who was at Zoologist tier as of the original event close time, but not as of the extended event close time.

qaccy

Emperor
Even when Inno does something nice for the players, someone's still gonna find a way to complain about it. You really can't please everybody, I guess.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
For those who say that the extra day can bring them down a league, it would be good for them to understand that without the bug that blocked many players, they might not be in the league they were aiming for.
So stop believing that one more day makes you lose anything, but that it restores equity for those who were stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.