• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Try out Guild Perks on Beta!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Bullet notes regarding the issues with perks:

> Bonuses offered simply don't make enough impact (benefits)* making them not appealing for the effort

> Duration of perks is too short

> Lack of functionality for leaders to choose and adres what perk should be chosen to progress up on as guild.

> Most if not all perks have little to no benefit for the guild, it's a guild affair not an single player feature for self improvement

> Once again the community feels neglected by the dev. team as hardly any meaningful changes where made and "improvements" are shrouded in mystery by silencing the CM, making it practically impossible for the CM to do the communication towards players. Similarly with the narcissistic arrogance towards constructive player's feedback on Mughal empire and ignorance regarding the heal all button debate

*Outclassed & outperformed by cheaper and many times better permanent bonuses. Even the tavern is outdoing perks by an massively long shot.

NameBoost level 1Cost in EMA
1​
Army Of Thieves​
+10% chance of 1 current era good per unit your defending army kills
+3% attack for attacking army
+5% negociation cost in GBG​
1 Good EMA = 5.000 PP (x10)
522 supplies = 2.000 PP (x30)
1 Good IA = 3.500 PP (x15)
120 diams = 10.000 PP (x5)​
PP for level 1 :
Guild Goods needed :
25​
2​
Heart of Steel​
+10% defense for attacking army
-10% defense for defending army​
1 FP = 5.000 PP (x10)
PP for level 2 :
Guild Goods needed :
3​
Industrial Focus​
+15% supply collection
+20% coin collection
-5% attack for attacking army​
10 medals = 3.500 PP (x15)
PP for level 3 :
Guild Goods needed :
4​
Master Negotiator​
-6% negociation cost in GE
-5% negociation cost in GBG
-3% defense for defending army​
1 FP = 3.500 PP (x15)
5​
Offensive Tactics​
+8% attack for attacking army
-10% attack for defending army​
827 coins = 2.000 PP (x30)
10 medals = 3.500 PP (x15)
6​
Only War​
+5% attack for attacking army
+3% negotiation cost in GBG​
7​
Peaceful Explorer​
-13% negociation cost in GE
-5% supply collection​
1 FP = 5.000 PP (x10)
1894 coins = 3.500 PP (x15)
8​
Prize Of Defense​
+10% chance of 1 current era good per unit you defending army kills
+5% attack for defending army​
1 FP = 5.000 PP (x10)
9​
Social Club​
+5% tavern silver collection
+5% defense for defending army​
1 FP = 5.000 PP (x10)
10​
Steady Formation​
+12% defense for attacking army
+3% attack for attacking army
+3% negociation cost in GBG​
1 FP = 5.000 PP (x10)

Last edited:

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
It's... for the lack of a better word - strange to keep away from us changes made to the feature, even though previously on numerous occasions we've been given the exact differences between changes, for example changes made to the Flying Island reward pools or the new GBG map reward distribution, but this kind of confusion and selective sharing of information seems to be a sad norm these days.
Anyway, I've had a quick glance and compared the original and post-change figures and this is what I've noticed (might not be everything):
  • reduced the total donation cost to lvl up a perk by ~50%
  • the two top donation options give ~30% less points, while third and diamond options remain the same
  • coin and supply donations have been tweaked, in some cases requiring less amount for the same points
  • number of possible donations for the third option seems to be increased by +5
  • guild goods required to unlock a perk lvl seem to be lowered by ~10%
1 player guild
7Kap6N6.png
1 player guild
Rm6H8ro.png

Fenix

Viceroy
Stop making players unhappy. My advice: before presenting anything in the game (either here or live), talk to one of your best sources of knowledge about the game: your moderators and direct collaborators in the forums of the various communities. They are experts and many (if not all) are players themselves. They must be a voice. After that yes present the things here.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Stop making players unhappy. My advice: before presenting anything in the game (either here or live), talk to one of your best sources of knowledge about the game: your moderators and direct collaborators in the forums of the various communities. They are experts and many (if not all) are players themselves. They must be a voice. After that yes present the things here.
This is the best suggestion I have ever seen on the future of FOE !!!
But Innogames, not taking our feedback into account, when we are their clients, would it react differently with its volunteers?

Personally, I put an end to my city on the Beta version because of uselessness. At the beginning of 2022, I will look for another game to transfer my playing time and my money to a platform that is more fun and more attentive to its customers.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well at least some of the perks are useful this time... Albeit it's pretty much exclusively the ones that affect that attacking army.

The coin/supply boost at expense of attacking army could also be useful to newer cities though - so I don't see that as a bad option.

negociation cost in GBG or EG => On a 5 Good négociation a +/-5% cost that change what ?
% on defending army => who wanna use that, defending army defend nothing actually, for really defend your city you may have 3x %attacking army of you neighbour. Everybody have +1500% att attacking army, you then may have +4500% on defending army to prevent attacks... good luck !
chance of 1 current era good per unit your defending army kills => i have more or less 1 attack per month on my city i will win tons of goods, sure guys ! And i have to pay for 8 goods a month how many goods ?
+x% tavern silver collection => i have 200k tavern silver on my live account, why do i wanna have more of that monkey money ?
supply & coins collection => i have XXXXG of coins and supplies on my live account, don't throw any more I'm full
attack/defense for attacking army => i have +1500%/+850% on my live account +10 +100 +1000% I don't care it doesn't change anything about my fights

Last edited:

Dave1186

Farmer
The idea is good or at least the concept, but I think it is very poorly executed. What you invest falls on deaf ears and the benefits are not very motivating. I think they should make it more like the Castle System and reward the activity of guild players in guild functions like Battelground, Expedition, donating goods to the treasury, etc ... instead of wasting resources on pointless missions and that they will be lost after a while.

Yekk

Regent
If the designers played the game they would have done Army of Thieves differently. As a guild activity it should benefit the guild. 10% chance of a good going to the treasury for a defending army kill AND for attacking a neighbor a 10% chance of a good going to the treasury for killing a defenders troop. That would both helped guilds ( it is guild perks) PLUS reinvigorated hitting your neighbors. The negative perk should not be on this as the positive perks are both truly weak...

Again as said in first comments for version one defending armies seldom kill an attackers troops... let me repeat that Juber so you truly understand, Defending armies seldom kill any attackers troops.

Last edited:

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
I'm quite optimistic about the Guild Perks.
Reducing the costs and increasing the benefits is the way to go. After several more rounds of this, when at least 10% of the guilds have at least one perk at level 1 activated, then it will go live.
My guess would be late spring 2022.:)

Yekk

Regent
We all gave up playing Perks in our guild: too costly, little gains, too much losses. Needs balancing

THIS,,,,

Beta players are in Zugzwang, Every move we do means nothing. Guild Perks will be stuffed down our throats no matter how much we try to make it better
We can tell the designers perks is not fun but they do not listen...
We can tell the designers perks for almost every guild are inept at best but they do not listen...

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Currently there is an issue with the Perk: "Army of Thieves". One of the Boosts is: "+X% chance of 1 current era Good per unit your defending army kills". This is not correct and it should be the kills from your attacking army. Currently we plan to fix this issue on Monday, We will let you know in the feedback thread, if this changes.
With this advantage, if you wanted to relaunch the arena, you would have to transform "the kills from your attacking army" by "a chance to recover the slain troop".
So by voluntarily confronting higher ages you would give a real motivation to participate in the arena just like in this guild advantage.

Yekk

Regent
With this advantage, if you wanted to relaunch the arena, you would have to transform "the kills from your attacking army" by "a chance to recover the slain troop".
So by voluntarily confronting higher ages you would give a real motivation to participate in the arena just like in this guild advantage.

I see attacking army. Does this mean in all forms of attacks? GE,GvG,GBG,Arena, and your hoods or is it limited to just the hood fights?

Yes, a perk that gave a10/20/30% chance of bringing back back dead troops would be better than most of the junk we are seeing and should be considered by the designers.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I see attacking army. Does this mean in all forms of attacks? GE,GvG,GBG,Arena, and your hoods or is it limited to just the hood fights?
I have asked the devs, but will probably only receive the answer on Monday. But should count for all battles.