• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10252

I started out the event with a don't-care attitude, meaning that I didn't care much for the event set and played in a relaxed way. I did quite a few mistakes in the beginning, like upgrading the managers too much, or not balancing the production-transportation-festival upgrades. Nonetheless, I will probably get almost all the level 2 set (minus one) by the end of the event.

My thoughts so far:
* double fillers are good if the fillers are "grand" prizes, not for example a bunch of medals; otherwise, as stated before, take away a filler and make it 35-36 tasks to get one: same result, but people happier
* I miss the smaller prizes too, even if sometimes they were just a bunch of coins or supplies (you were always hoping for something better); again, you can appease people by having only big prizes in the chests; so far I never opened more than 3 in a round. I think it's too late to change the minigame now, but another solution might be to give small prizes when we reach the milestones in the factories-ship-festival upgrades.
* the getting and spending of pog seems quite balanced to me, since the most dedicated have come up with lots of different strategies that allow to get the full event set without too much hassle; also good to have a big amount of pog late in the event, when we have hopefully learnt from our mistakes

Heinrich IV

Merchant
"lazy" strategy update

as the task sets seem to be alternating (is that officially confirmed?) you can do:

• round 1 ("old set of tasks"): 36 tasks @700 gold pots in <5 days
  • round 2 ("new set of tasks"): 34 tasks @710 gold pots in <3 days
  • round 3: 36 tasks @700 gold pots in <5 days
  • round 4: 34 tasks @710 gold pots in <3 days
  • round 5: 36 tasks @700 gold pots in <5 days

--> total 176 tasks @3.520 gold pots <21 days
+ 7.600 gold pots for 4 chest sets
11.120 gold pots in total

which means you do not need to start a SIXTH limbo round (if the setup persists on live).

and yes that is totally and practically feasible:

currently being at the end of round 4 i could start the 5th & last run tomorrow - with 500 gold pots remaining (enough to start the round)
or the day after with 750 gold pots (enough to finish the round)
--> which leaves 8+ days to finish round 5

I tried to reproduce the calculation but failed.
There are two types of task sets rounds defined:
- The first one with 36 Tasks @700 Pots.
- The second one with 34 Tasks @710 pots.

For first one I get Festival Manager to 3, Ship Manager to 2, Hat Manager to 3, all other Manager to 2.
This will need 680 pots and I fail the tasks 22 (cake to 3), 25 Ship to 4. Not sure if it is possible to manage firwork to level 75 (I expect no).
This will result in 35 Tasks for 680 pots.

For second one I get Festival Manager to 3, Ship Manager to 3, Hat Manager to 3, all other Manager to 2.
This will need 760 pots and I fail the tasks 18 (cake to 3), 23 (flower to 3), 35 (ship to 4) and 200b in hat factory.
Not sure if it is possible to manage flower to 200 (>10Q - I expect no).
Also I am not sure if it is possible to do 38 upgrade 200 times (all upgradeable is expensive at this time)
This will result in 32 to 33 tasks for 760 pots.

On 5 cities I will get 171 Tasks resulting in 2 sets for 3560 pots
+ 4 sets for 7600 pots (from chests)
Total 6 sets for 11160 pots.
Together with the 3 parts from quest line this result in 9 parts - still missing one ...

DeletedUser9490

I'v lost also plenty of Shamrocks, namely from the right (town) stock. Mayby 33aa.
It became about 5 hrs ago, after reload of the game. And Festival manager returned from level 5 to level 4 and pots of gold returned to me. So it seems, that the system restored values from some old state.

DeletedUser8887

the more I play this the less I like it.

It may be possible to do all of the manager upgrades without buying pots but if there is, I haven't figured it out. Most of the time my task bar has two manager upgrades and one other task to do and only I only upgrade managers so I have one other type of task.

I'm afraid to spend pots unless I have to. I never pay to open the chests.

The rewards are minimal. I can open 3 grand prizes every 2 cities (about every 4 days) and one chest every other day when I complete a city.

The only thing I like about the set piece is that I can sell them in the antique dealer.

My overall impression is that I am spending a lot of time on this and getting very little in return.

Jonny1961

Farmer
The values of festival consumption and ship transport are different than today before the update. Or the display per cycle from the festival no longer fits.

I tried to reproduce the calculation but failed.
not very surprising, given your strange assumptions ...

not doing the math for you (again):
how the strategy works for both task sets is laid out in the posts before.

as a courtesy for those who just arrived:

here is a detailed description of the original strategy with the "old" tasks / task set #1
(again, have also provided a link in my update)

the strategy works very similar for the new tasks / task set #2

and yes, to do "old" tasks #35 (250 upgrades) and #36 (fireworks to lvl 75°) you will need plenty of time - and some planning / patience.
that's why i assumed 5 full days for these runs.

which "coincidentally" also corresponds quite well with a reasonable quest progress ... :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
° which is now doable whereas the original lvl 100 was not - with reasonable effort

Last edited:

DeletedUser9490

the more I play this the less I like it.

It may be possible to do all of the manager upgrades without buying pots but if there is, I haven't figured it out. Most of the time my task bar has two manager upgrades and one other task to do and only I only upgrade managers so I have one other type of task.

I'm afraid to spend pots unless I have to. I never pay to open the chests.

The rewards are minimal. I can open 3 grand prizes every 2 cities (about every 4 days) and one chest every other day when I complete a city.

The only thing I like about the set piece is that I can sell them in the antique dealer.

My overall impression is that I am spending a lot of time on this and getting very little in return.

Thats my feeling too.
And in addition: In the beginning, the game is fast and interesting. But whenever you reach the Firework Factory, the game became very boring. You just wait and wait and wait, as the improvements are very expensive in comparison to overal productivity of factories and the logistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

zlobnyj bot

Squire
I support all of the above. the mechanics are interesting, as new, but:
the less you raise buildings and the more you wait, the more tasks you will do in a cycle. paradoxically for clicker mechanics.
a factor of x2 was added to the ship and the festival at level 250, as a result of which the improvement price from 250 to 300 more than doubled and now amounts to half the price of switching to a new cycle.
instead of fun, a lot of waiting, tying to the screen for 2 hours at least in each cycle, and then entering the game every 2-4 hours. to a minimum.
the lack of daily prizes also does not amuse and does not please. for example, on the next world I need only packaging that I will not receive.
collecting one albeit an updated set in settlement mode is not very attractive as an event mechanic. I’ll miss 99% on a live server, unless I buy chests a couple of times.

Maladicta

Farmer
It's fun for the first hour, then it just gets more and more annoying and frustrating. And depressing.
After spending hours and hours staring at the event window, I really really hate it. The celtic forest is beautiful, couldn't we have had a design similar to that instead of a stupid city map with annoying moving dots? I wouldn't have minded the waiting so much if I was looking at little bunnies collecting clovers and leprechaums throwing beer bottles at passing druids.
Or we could have simply gone to the festival instead of ferrying goods around for 20 days. That would have actually been nice.

Hilary Briss

Merchant
Thats my feeling too.
And in addition: In the beginning, the game is fast and interesting. But whenever you reach the Firework Factory, the game became very boring. You just wait and wait and wait, as the improvements are very expensive in comparison to overal productivity of factories and the logistic.
There has to be a point at which you have to wait otherwise the game would require you to be constantly online. The waiting time could be better spaced however.

mbk28

Baronet
I'm not agree, I open the 1x1st, 2xth second, 1x5th and 1x6th.
At the begin,, nobody say we have to open the 6, we have to open 6, not the 6.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
not very surprising, given your strange assumptions ...

not doing the math for you (again):
how the strategy works for both task sets is laid out in the posts before.

as a courtesy for those who just arrived:

here is a detailed description of the original strategy with the "old" tasks / task set #1
(again, have also provided a link in my update)

the strategy works very similar for the new tasks / task set #2

and yes, to do "old" tasks #35 (250 upgrades) and #36 (fireworks to lvl 75°) you will need plenty of time - and some planning / patience.
that's why i assumed 5 full days for these runs.

which "coincidentally" also corresponds quite well with a reasonable quest progress ... :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
° which is now doable whereas the original lvl 100 was not - with reasonable effort
Thanks for the details, Of course I read those posts but the numbers do not match with the numbers I find in game.
Festival Manager L3: 140 (20+40+80)
Ship Manager L2: 60 (20+40) or L3 140 (20+40+80)
Hut Manager L3: 60 (10+20+30)
Flower Manager L2: 60 (20+40)
Cake Manager L2: 90 (30+60) or L3 180 (30+60+90)
Drink Manager L2: 120 (40+80)
Firwork Manager L2: 150 (50+100)
Resulting in 680 pots for task set #1 and 760 pots for task set #2 (keeping cake on 2).

mbk28

Baronet
if you don't want we open many time the same, you can hide it when it's done.
but I confirm open the 1x1st, 2x2nd, 1x5th and 1x6th.

mbk28

Baronet
I finish task 48, how many coins I wins on ask and on ground? and where are they in the datas? I confirm I open 5 box