• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've got enough info now to feel comfortable summarizing available strategies. It doesn't appear the differences are terribly significant:
Pots available: 21*150+35*100+21*100+2150 = 10900. If we say 50ish a day is a reasonable average from incidents, 12000 is a nice round number to presume we have available.

1) 4 *Full* runs (even the fireworks factory presuming that can be done in 5 days time) with 6 chests opened at end of each + a partial 5th
Grand Prize Progress = 4*38 = 152 (6 prizes). You need 23 more tasks from a final run to get the 7th grand prize.
Cost: 4 * 980 + 4 * 1900 = 11520 - you'll also need about 500 pots for that 5th run to get to 23 tasks for a total of 12000. This pretty much fits with what's available.
Set Pieces: 3 from quest + 3 from grand prizes + 4 from chests = 10.

2) 7 Slow partial runs with 6 chests opened at the end of 5 of them. Festival Manager 1, Ferry Manager 1, Fireworks Manager 1. You need to do at least 15 tasks per run to hit 4 grand prizes and a 2nd kit - this requires adding the Cake Manager 1. This puts the run cost at 120 and leaves you with enough pots to open 6 chests at the end almost 6 times with the 12000 pot budget - so we'll call it 5, and you can add level 1 managers to the other factories as well to make up the difference and make the game less painful in the setup stage since it'll be slow to unlock next factory at times. Since you're still doing only a few number of runs, it's rather forgiving if you spend a little extra pots of gold here or there, but you should avoid expensive managers since your advantage over the people doing 4 runs is that you want to save pots for more rounds of chests. You can 'waste' about 200 pots a round on getting more tasks or on more lv 1 managers to make things less painful and still have enough for 5 chest rounds.
Set pieces: 3 from quest + 2 from grand prizes + 5 from chests = 10.

3) 14 Medium-speed partial runs with 6 chests opened at the end of 3 of them. Festival Manager 3, Ferry Manager 3, Fireworks Manager 1. Optimum here seems to be at 18 tasks per run. With how many runs you're now planning to complete extra pots of gold spent per run add up fast - little room for extraneous managers, you'll need to micromanage the start to avoid it. 18 task runs cost 360 pots per run, absorbing 5040 of your 12000 pots. 3 sets of chests for 5700 does leave you with 1300 spare - whether that's best used diamonding another 600 to open a 4th set of chests or spreading ~100ish more pots of gold per run on getting a few more tasks or a bit less pain (lv 1 managers) is up to you.
Set pieces: 3 from quest + 4 from grand prizes + 3 from chests = 10.

4) 21 High speed almost-full runs... Festival Manager 4, Ferry Manager 4, Fireworks Manager 1-2. Not enough pots to finish them all, let alone open chests! You could mix in some slow runs at the end for an extra few grand prizes when you're out of pots but this might be the one way you *can't* get 10 pieces for the 12000 pots. It could act as a good baseline for a big diamond spender though as it offers many opportunities to open 6 chests at the end. It seems reasonable to do most of the tasks per run if you're planning such a big-diamond-based approach to the event.

Overall the advantage to doing more runs beyond 1 every 3 days is either a greater potential for dumping diamonds on pots to get more kits at 1900 each instead of 3900 each or an ability to look at the 6 prizes at the end of a round and go 'nope, not those ones - next!'

Or you do 10 repeats to get 13 grand prizes (5 kits) and then open 2 sets of chests.
Yes, that's an option, but that would require ~ 14 550 PoGs since 2nd set of chests is more expensive.
Or you just do 13 grand prizes and 1 set of chests and just go for 6 kits and use of that "spare" PoGs to upgrade ship/festival manager. Thats gives more time for you to finish. It would only require something like 10 repeats, so thats one repeat/2 day.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes, that's an option, but that would require ~ 14 550 PoGs since 2nd set of chests is more expensive.
Or you just do 13 grand prizes and 1 set of chests and just go for 6 kits and use of that "spare" PoGs to upgrade ship/festival manager. Thats gives more time for you to finish. It would only require something like 10 repeats, so thats one repeat/2 day.

I think the 2nd set of chests is only more expensive if you do it at the same next-stage.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I believe someone tested it and said on second run the first chest wasn't free anymore.
I interpretted their statement to be after they bought 6, the 2nd chest wasn't free immediately (i.e. 2nd round of 6 chests in 1 stage, not 2nd stage after getting 6 in 1st). It's sorta the last thing I need to test, but it would make sense to me that the escalated price is a 'punishment' for skipping more minigame, not a permanent thing.

I interpretted their statement to be after they bought 6, the 2nd chest wasn't free immediately (i.e. 2nd round of 6 chests in 1 stage, not 2nd stage after getting 6 in 1st). It's sorta the last thing I need to test, but it would make sense to me that the escalated price is a 'punishment' for skipping more minigame, not a permanent thing.
Okay. Yeah that's what we thought in the beginning, but then we assumed it was not the case. I frankly have no idea anymore.. It's very unclear.. :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Okay. Yeah that's what we thought in the beginning, but then we assumed it was not the case. I frankly have no idea anymore.. It's very unclear.. :p

Yea, that's certainly the one takeaway from this event: it's very unclear :)

If things work how I expect they do at this point though, it does seem to be very precisely balanced that one of many reasonable approaches can get you to a full set. And if you mess up some, it'll still be fine at 9 easily...

I'd really hoped after analysis to come to the conclusion that multiple sets (or at least a few extra pieces) was a reasonable chase for a little bit of diamonds if you played precisely - but that does not seem to be the case.

The game itself is also not at all fun. Analysis was for me - but you're in general punished for experimenting and the information provided is scarce, poorly worded, and frequently misleading. So that's discouraging for anyone who enjoys such things in a live environment where they care about the result as well.

DeletedUser7624

check my post #571 - there I have nice plan how to get 9 pieces total in 4 slow paced runs :)

DeletedUser8743

If I'm interpreting it correctly is would be 750 for the 1st set and 1800 for the 2nd set. However you'd only be doing 10 repeats so you'd be saving 3 repeats of pots of gold. 11200-2550 is 8650 available for repeats or 865 per repeat. I think that's doable.

DeletedUser7624

If I'm interpreting it correctly is would be 750 for the 1st set and 1800 for the 2nd set. However you'd only be doing 10 repeats so you'd be saving 3 repeats of pots of gold. 11200-2550 is 8650 available for repeats or 865 per repeat. I think that's doable.
1st set of 6 chests cost you 0+50+100+250+500+1000=1900 PoG
2nd starts from 50 than (i assume) 100+250+500+1000+2000=3900 if you do 2 sets in 1 go! If you come back to town after finishing 1st set and walkthrough mini game again than price of chests will start from free chest again as "1st round" I've mentioned above

DeletedUser8743

1st set of 6 chests cost you 0+50+100+250+500+1000=1900 PoG
2nd starts from 50 than (i assume) 100+250+500+1000+2000=3900 if you do 2 sets in 1 go! If you come back to town after finishing 1st set and walkthrough mini game again than price of chests will start from free chest again as "1st round" I've mentioned above
If that's the case, 11200-3800 leaves 7400 for 10 run-throughs or 740 per run-through. That doesn't include POG from incidents. That still seems doable.

check my post #571 - there I have nice plan how to get 9 pieces total in 4 slow paced runs :)
Yes, I've read them and I found none of them very convincing :p
First one is out the question. Not doing all 38 tasks, and assuming it takes 5 days.. You would be on a very tight schedule to do 4,5 round in 21 days.

Second one I would consider most useful (assuming every set of chests at the end of every round will cost 1900), BUT I'm not convinced you can finish 7 rounds in time with that few manager upgrades... I will have to test in my next round to check how long time that would take to finish exactly.

So I'm leaning much more towards what was discussed earlier, which is:
10 rounds, 32-33 tasks per round (13 grand prizes), + 2 sets of chests.

edit: Ah, my respones was to your post 601

Edit: Yeah, your suggestion in post 571 was good enough for my taste! :)

Last edited:
Not sure if you have seen this but quests above 35 give 150 pots of gold - it balanses things by a bit
is that confirmed ... ?
well, it doesn't really matter anyways.

here is a derivated minimum / "lazy" strategy:
(kind of adjusting strategy #1 of @xivarmy here, just cheaper than any of his proposals)

you can't go with three runs, as the chests will be too expensive.

BUT: you can go for 5 1/3 cheap mid-runs @33 tasks° each for 175 tasks in total (3rd celtic kit milestone)
if you want you can even do 34 tasks: there's plenty of time to do the 50aa quest every time & we have up to four days per run°°.

5*33 tasks = 165 tasks completed
@700 gold pots each = 3.500 gold pots

(edit: note the 700 gold pots include using a shipyard manager level 3, which is not necessary just convenient. skipping that you can go down to 580 gold pots / round - but you will have a de-synchronised ship and festival - which tends to be confusing)

4 chests rounds @1.900 gold pots each = 7.600 gold pots for 4 celtic kits.

--> 11.100 gold pots
which according to fandom wiki is 100 less than what we get (11.200 gold pots total).
(daily quests seem to have 150 gold pots reward)

don't forget to safe enough gold and buy a round of chests EVERY TIME from 2nd limbo round onwards !
--> you don't need these gold pots when you start a new limbo round, but BEFORE you END the current limbo round (added line)

with the remaining 100 gold pots you can easily do the 10 (or 5) remaining tasks with a very short 6th run (just skip the festival manager level 3 task)
and there you are at 175 tasks and 3 celtic kits from grand prices.

--> voilà, 7 celtic kits from limbo & chests, 10 celtic kits in total
still extremely annoying, but doable.

ps: anything you spent too much on round 1 while experimenting should hopefully be compensated by incidents (and diamonds provided) ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
° skipping tasks: shipyard manager level 4, cake manager level 3, 50aa, 250 upgrades, fireworks lvl 100
°° with festival and shipyard managers on level three, ship & festival @level 300 and fireworks @level 50 it takes exactly 40 hrs to collect 50aa
(timeskip option shows 10 aa per 8 hours)
plus a very generous 32 hours to get there = 3 days max.
anyways: the limiting factor here is gold pots, not time ...

Last edited:
i can confirm its 150.
thanks @Tanmay11.

well, as

* the cake manager is useless anyways, and
* the shipyard manager lvl 4 task is also redundant (festival is bottleneck, not ship and at level three they are quite balanced)

we can safe our breaths and instead of spending ages recovering 300 gold pots that we spend before, we can just not spend the 300 to start with