• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Sinitar

Regent
I have an idea
my plans when the event will be announced in server live is
-max 25 mini-task to have the kit selection and spend only 5/700 pots in manager
-accumulate the pots and spending all in the last day of the event
-few works in the event but you remeber to have the 8,4aa to unlock the "next stage"
at event finished, you have 7 kit selection (1 from task-event,1 from great rewards and 5 from open the chests) and the other 2 also from task-event)
so 1900x5 = 9500+ 5/700 from manager =10000/10200 pots used..the remained you can try to buy from incidents or with diamonds to have complet at level 2 the set

Feanor II

Baronet
Just finished the 2nd stage and I see no point in this event - the amount of chests needed to get selection kit resets every time so u HAVE TO spend 1900 pots of gold just to get selection kit at the end on a stage
I thought that if I open 4 chests at the end of the 1st stage I'd have 4/6 at the end of the 2nd stage but it seems to reset...
Yup I saw that at the end of my 2nd this morning and was steamed. If the chests you open do not carry over, it needs to be crystal-clear: open them all or lose all progress.

That + the stupid "hire X manager" tasks are essentially forcing you to spend absurd PoG no matter what, even if it makes no sense. Being forced to hire managers for factories that have stopped meaning anything at this point in the game (incredibly wasteful) is highly irritating.

DeletedUser9778

beware though: as i understand it only FIRST round of chests after each limbo round is 1.900 gold pots
all other rounds are 3.900 ...

can somebody pls confirm that ... ?

@Piotr1234685 (and others) to specify that:
first chest after second round is free again: correct ... ?
the first chest in the second round costs 50, it's not free, so it gets very expensive

In the 1st round it goes 0 -> 50 -> 100 -> 250 -> 500 -> 1000
Didn't test other rounds so I can't tell how those work

the first chest in the second round costs 50, it's not free, so it gets very expensive

yes we got a confirmation of that here too:

however nobody seems to have tried buyin the second round so no way to tell what 6th chest of second chest round (and subsequent) costs.

extrapolation / working assumption is 2.000 pots

Last edited:

DeletedUser8743

Yup I saw that at the end of my 2nd this morning and was steamed. If the chests you open do not carry over, it needs to be crystal-clear: open them all or lose all progress.

That + the stupid "hire X manager" tasks are essentially forcing you to spend absurd PoG no matter what, even if it makes no sense. Being forced to hire managers for factories that have stopped meaning anything at this point in the game (incredibly wasteful) is highly irritating.
So does that mean it resets and starts over with a free chest.

DeletedUser7624

After 2 days of playing and calculating I found out:
Managers:
Festival lvl 3 (required by quest) total 140 pots
Ship lvl 1 (no quest, just to automate production) 20 pots (there is a quest for lvl 4 but i didn't do it on my second run)
Hats lvl 3 (required by quest) total 60 pots
Flowers lvl 2 (required by quest) total 60 pots
Cakes lvl 1 (required by quest) 30 pots (there is a quest for lvl 3 but i didn't do it on my second run)
Drinks lvl 2 (required by quest) total 120 pots
Fireworks lvl 2 (required by quest) total 150 pots
Grand total 580 pots + 1900 pots to open all 6 chests to get 1 selection kit. Grand total = 2480 pots for 1 run (with current managers setup it will take you around 37-40 hours to complete, festival and port are lvl 300 and fireworks lvl 50) and 1 run will give you 26-27 tasks.
For the whole event duration (assuming every out of 56 quests will give 100 pots) we will get:
21 daily login x 100 pots = 2100
56 quests x 100 = 5600
200 from beginning = 200
750+1400 from quest line = 2150
Grand total = 10050
2480 (1 run) *4= 9920 pots
This will give you 3 set parts from quest line, 4 from chests and 2 grand prizes. Total 9 out of 10 (on my opinion 1 or even 2 parts of set can stay at lvl 1) - set completed :)
Maybe you can find enough time to repeat this 2-3 times in non-main world but question will - do you really need this set after SO MUCH efforts and NO DAILY PRIZES AT ALL!!!
The only good thing about set is building which gives 8 fp on lvl 2 - if you double-collect it with BG than it might be nice. 4% att bonus for att army - (voice of Shao Khan from Mortal Combat) Don't make me laugh! Other att/def bonuses are not so important after all :)
As for my self I will definitely miss this event on any of my worlds - on my main I don't need this set (even despite I have BG high lvl) because no space and LOW attack bonus and on my farms i need daily prize option :)

Feanor II

Baronet
So does that mean it resets and starts over with a free chest.

Yes, the I didn't write down if the price progression changes after each level (my bad) but it goes back down. However, if you open let's say 3 chests towards the CF set piece (3/6) then move on and do the next festival you're down to 0/6 again at the end. Progress DOES NOT carry over. The three you did get wiped out. And they don't tell you it ahead of time so it's just an unpleasant surprise.

While I think the mini-game is a great idea, they've put some really bad ones in as well:

1. Doubling the fillers in the prize cycle
2. Not telling us the 0/6 resets each time
3. Forcing us to spend Pots of Gold on tasks that don't matter

DeletedUser10282

The only thing I want to know about this event is - how do I get more lvl 1 sentinels when there isn’t a daily prize?

I found this event entertaining for like 2 hours, after that it is pure boredom. There are not enough pots of gold. Not even if you don't open 6 chests (which I did not). I have every single quest done and I am finishing my 2nd run and all I have now is 1900 pots. And I only hired managers required for quests this time (spent few pots I did not have to in the 1st run though). If I open those boxes then I am left with zero and cannot hire managers for 3rd run.

So in my opinion huge rebalance is needed. Not only for pots of gold, but also in tasks.

Building set looks very nice and if I get full set, I will replace one of my terrace farms here on beta. On live server I will pass this event in it's current form (and it will be my first skipped event ever). I have no place for this set on my live world (it's not bad, but it's not good enough either). I was happy to see new mechanic, but after running it for 3 days I have to say a no to this. Not in it's current state.

Last edited:

Julvs

Merchant
This is for real: I'm in 84 step in fireworks. My warehouse has 125 aa in stock. I need 720 aa to reach level 100. I can produce 4 aa an hour. It's simple: a week to finish first task.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9761

After doing 1round of the mini game and getting to the chests page and having to spend gold for the second and so on chests then starting the whole production over, I see some real challenges to have enough Pots to get through more than 3 rounds of the mini game. After 3 rounds I will have wait a few days or longer before I have more pots to do some of the quests to get enough shamrocks to get to the next round. It's obvious you need some managers to automate the process to a degree that you can get to the Next stage of the game(8aa) but after 2 rounds I have 10 pots left and the next quest will not give me enough pots to raise any managers level. I like the mini game but the game needs more ways or increased levels of rewards for the pots of gold to continue the mini game at a reasonable pace. From doing to rounds I don't see that you need to complete all the tasks you just need to be able to get to the Next stage of the game to continue the mini game.

DeletedUser8743

Yes, the I didn't write down if the price progression changes after each level (my bad) but it goes back down. However, if you open let's say 3 chests towards the CF set piece (3/6) then move on and do the next festival you're down to 0/6 again at the end. Progress DOES NOT carry over. The three you did get wiped out. And they don't tell you it ahead of time so it's just an unpleasant surprise.

While I think the mini-game is a great idea, they've put some really bad ones in as well:

1. Doubling the fillers in the prize cycle
2. Not telling us the 0/6 resets each time
3. Forcing us to spend Pots of Gold on tasks that don't matter
Thanks for clarifying. No reason to spend gold on the chests until towards the end when I've accumulated significant gold.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Creating a small game for this event was a good idea, but its realization is missed.
Indeed the interest of such a game is to set up the best possible organization. In this game, this is impossible.
It should:
1) that the 3 elements of the chain (production, transport and sale) can be balanced (so that good players save time),
2) that the tasks requested are compatible with this good management (asking to improve a production building when it is completely impossible to transport the current production is ridiculous),
3) that it is necessary (and therefore possible) to complete the tasks requested to access the next step.
----------
The rest of the event has for me a big flaw: it is impossible to determine the best strategy to spend the pots of gold without trying. On the other worlds players who do not have information from the beta world will be lost.

An event at the end of which,
* you get the best result without thinking is bland,
* it took a level of reflexion accessible to +/- 80% of the players to obtain the best result is good,
* only 2% of the players obtained the best result is too complicated.

In this event, even the best strategists will be unable to manage the spending of pots of gold.
For once, there is no lottery, but the lottery will be in the way of spending the pots of gold.

Amdira

Baronet
It seems difficult, not to say impossible, to get the full lvl 2 set without spending diamonds with the actual version. Pls make it possible to gain the main price for active players without spending diamonds. Some suggestions, which may help:

- don't force us to decide which manager shall be upgraded by tasks. Either allow us to skip these tasks or at least make them recurring, thus we can decide timing
- if you want us to spend pots of gold within the mini-game, change tasks to "spend 50 or 100 pots of gold" instead "upgrade this or that manger"
- every second main price should be a selection-kit instead of every third
- give us a possibility to make the adjustments for running factories after starting a new stage without clicking thousand times for about an hour or more
- delete last task with upgrading fireworks factory to lvl 100 or change it into something possible

I don't really care about the chests, as one is for free anyway. Who is willing to buy all chests, should be able to get a second complete set. The first complete set should be able to be achieved by tasks.

Just my 2 Cents