• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

No event should require looking for guides to complete it. Every event in the past allowed some trial/error approach. This one does not. And that's it. And you can try to justify it all you want with "there are guides out there" and "people can look on beta forums" but it does not change hard truth. This event is just plain wrong, imbalanced and fundamentaly changing things that was set in the past.

DeletedUser9851

No event should require looking for guides to complete it. Every event in the past allowed some trial/error approach. This one does not. And that's it. And you can try to justify it all you want with "there are guides out there" and "people can look on beta forums" but it does not change hard truth. This event is just plain wrong, imbalanced and fundamentaly changing things that was set in the past.
Oh well, enjoy this Event once it gets released on Live Servers :p

Oh well, enjoy this Event once it gets released on Live Servers :p

I already said it here several times. I am skipping it on live. I have no place for that mediocre set on my live world and lack of daily prizes gives me no reason at all to do it. I have no problem with finding strategy (that is why I am here on beta), I just lack the will to suffer through it again...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8378

Unfortunately, the new event mechanics cause me only very limited joy. Why do I have to buy all 6 boxes after the end of a city to get a Celtic kit? For this I need a lot of Pots of Gold. It would be much better if you could find a selection kit in one of the chests and not have to buy all chests to get one. This would be a reasonable reward with a higher incentive after completing a city.

Furthermore, everyone strives to get a level 2 celtic garden. In the quest line there is only 1 kit and over the cities I have to complete 75 tasks to get a kit, which is only every 3rd grand prize. Assuming that it is more effective not to complete all tasks but rather 30, I only get a kit after 2 1/2 cities. The quest line only drops 2 main buildings, so I need 8 kits for a level 2 celtic garden. I get 1 kit from the quests, so I have to generate 7 kits from the cities. That would be 17 1/2 cities if you don't want to buy all the chests and generate them only through the main prizes. Really? What's that crap that you only get a kit after every 3rd prize? It has always been the case that most of the main prizes are not interesting for the majority of players and that you only play for the main prizes that are relevant to the event.

Inevitably, you will have to buy 6 boxes a few times after city completion, which means a lot of Pots of Gold and other useless prizes. Here a higher incentive should definitely be created, as I suggested above: simply offer the kit in one of the six chests and not after all 6 chests have been bought. Alternatively, please keep the progress of purchased chests (e.g. 4 of 6) and do not reset with every new city.

Furthermore I ask myself why the numbers are so absurdly high? Here one should use smaller units. That is really total nonsense to produce and transport such quantities of shamrocks.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7624

Fact that there are no daily prizes will make me miss this event on live servers. PLEASE, PLEASE INNO NEVER DO IT AGAIN! In summer event neighbours can and often do change wheel so there are many chances to get desirable prizes. In this event there are 0% chances to get anything apart from grand prizes WITH DOUBLE FILLERS! That's second BIG MINUS for any event. Third BIG MINUS I would consider ammount of time needed to setup all cities before they can go idle. Even on beta I ran out of will to play anymore. On my main world forum already plenty of info and opinions NOT TO PLAY this event because of no daily prizes and amount of time needed. I am not even talking about complexity of tasks :) remember how many great rewievs there were when you released Archaeology event and compare to amount of good/bad rewievs for this event :) please do not make this particular mini game ever come back as it is now

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How to stop complaints without really changing the event: remove double fillers, go with the usual single fillers but put grand prizes at 35 or even 38 tasks completed.

(Yes I bet this would work and calm down most of the whining. People are that stupid yes)

It's a minority that are that obsessed with the grand prize spacing :p Most people are complaining that the minigame just isn't fun.

coolyfooly

Squire
Reducing the price of Ship/Festival manager to 10/20/40/80/160 be welcome change. Would equal a total of 620 pots, which would make it worth doing vs how it is now which is not worth paying 600 just for 5th spot on both.

"lazy" strategy update

as the task sets seem to be alternating (is that officially confirmed?) you can do:

• round 1 ("old set of tasks"): 36 tasks @700 gold pots in <5 days
  • round 2 ("new set of tasks"): 34 tasks @710 gold pots in <3 days
  • round 3: 36 tasks @700 gold pots in <5 days
  • round 4: 34 tasks @710 gold pots in <3 days
  • round 5: 36 tasks @700 gold pots in <5 days

--> total 176 tasks @3.520 gold pots <21 days
+ 7.600 gold pots for 4 chest sets
11.120 gold pots in total

which means you do not need to start a SIXTH limbo round (if the setup persists on live).

and yes that is totally and practically feasible:

currently being at the end of round 4 i could start the 5th & last run tomorrow - with 500 gold pots remaining (enough to start the round)
or the day after with 750 gold pots (enough to finish the round)
--> which leaves 8+ days to finish round 5

Last edited:

coolyfooly

Squire
I would suggest doing 6 rounds at 580 pots (lvl 1 ship) taking only 2.5 days to do, 3 days if not that active (needing only 30 tasks per run). leaving you with 2 days to spare. Rushing too fast at start pointless as you will have to wait for pots of gold anyways to open all 6 chests. unless spending diamonds. being round 3,4,5,6 you can buy 6x chests. so you will have lot of time to save up on pots.

Queen Amaria

Steward
I started the Event a bit later, but I caught up well. Unfortunately I needed some time to familiarize myself with the entire mechanics, so gold was lost. A full set is rather utopian because I have to wait for more gold all the time. It will also be the most time-consuming event I've played so far.

The concept is interesting, but the implementation is also annoying. Why can't the kits come without two intermediate prices? Those who hunt wishing wells etc. could be spent their gold in chests.

The building looks very pretty, but I don't know if I will find enough time and level 1 is hardly worth the work.

There have been some good suggestions here, I hope somebody will read it.