• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

@wowo the woolve warrior Can you explain what limbo-round means?
good question, thank you @eon1299.

as i have made clear several times:

an idle game massively disturbing the tempo & rhythm of a LONG TERM STRATEGY game is more than just a nuisance:
it's a fundamental, unwanted & unwarranted change in the character of forge of empires.

people who want to play idle games all day long - and let their lives be defined by it - should do so: somewhere else.

so i looked for a good characterisation of an idle game in foe and came up with a term known from dante alighieris's divina commedia:

limbo is the first circle of the abyss a.k.a. first circle of hell.

it has nothing to do with david hasselhoff though ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10357

The announcement is clear enough if you are a native English speaker, it is not really as complicated as it sounds, but it is hard to visualize without actually playing it. I will be looking forward to how I understood the announcement compared to playing the game. Thanks for coming up with something new for us!

After playing for a few days I have found this event to be very boring, time consuming, and not very rewarding. The constant flow of everything leaves very little to do, and it seems to take a very long time to reach a goal, with very little payback once it is reached. Not liking this one so much, but the animation is fun.

DeletedUser8743

10*33 tasks = 330 tasks in total = FIVE celtic kits from main prices and 13 main prices in total.

so even if that was a good idea to do the limbo-game 10 times you get less prices than when you do five limbo-rounds:

10 limbo rounds + 2 chest rounds = 13 main prices and 14 chest prices = 27 prices in total
5 limbo rounds + 4 chest rounds = 7 main prices plus 28 chest prices = 35 prices in total

if you go for reduced price rounds though (shipyard manager @level one) you may be able to go for 10 limbo-rounds plus three rounds of chest = 34 prices in total.
--> that is only an advised strategy if you really LOVE the limbo-game and cannot get enough of it.

note that the math is different if for some reason you are searching for something specific in the chest rounds (say piazza sets):
then you HAVE to to as many limbo rounds as possible (like the 10 above) and hope you find e.g. 3-4 piazza sets.
It doesn't appear that you are including opening the free chests in your count.

It doesn't appear that you are including opening the free chests in your count.
correct. so:

10 limbo rounds + 2 chest rounds = 13 main prices and 14 chest prices plus 8 free chest prices = 35 prices in total
5 limbo rounds + 4 chest rounds = 7 main prices plus 28 chest prices + 1 free chest price = 36 prices in total

--> satisfied ... ? :p

DeletedUser8743

I just had something weird happen. I had brought my ship up to level 300 and started working on the fireworks factory to lvl 50. Now all of a sudden my ship drop back to lvl 299.

Hi guys,

After some days of playing this event, I like to give my feedback too.

Overall: I really like this event. It may be a clicky and time consuming event, yes. But you have to use some strategy to get through it. And I guess, strategy is as well a main part of FoE. ;)

Although, I do have some suggestion to improve this event:

- Give it a possibility that we can skip tasks. Now, I'm stuck with the following situation:
1580892371212.png

I don't like to waste Gold for Factory Manager, if my strategy is, not to use them to that high level.
As said, this is still a strategy game. So I like to adapt my own strategy. So I want to decide, which factory I want to push and which not.

- I would love to see a special reward, if you decide to do all task. Yes, as well with Fireworks Factory to lvl 100. It takes ages to finish this task too. And what do you get at the end: Nothing. Well you don't have to pay for the 'Next Stage' thing. But thats only 8.4aa - compared to all costs for the Fireworks is this nothing.
Therefore you could consider to give - as a special 'Marathon' reward - all chests (or at least some chests) open, or an additional Celtic Kit at the end of the round. This could consider to adapt some strategic thinking how to play through it.
Otherwise its just silly to play all 38 tasks..

- The Instruction process at the beginning was not really clear, what do we have to do and where to click it.
Maybe this can be now a bit more clear with the added animation. But I would suppose, that there were some more messages/text - animation - arrows, that show up after the first click were made.
Of course, now its clear. But I can imagine on the Live servers many people wont get the action.

- Add a legend with all abbrevations for the numbers (see image above, I added a example legend on the river in red). This would be really helpful too. Specially for the beginning.

Thanks if you could consider some of the hints to improve this events. As said, I like it. Hopefully I can enjoy it more, when there are skipable tasks on it.

Greetings
Aambroo

Last edited:

DeletedUser8262

just tried moving to next town and nothing has changed, 8.4aa is still required ... what a crock, and not of gold

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
just tried moving to next town and nothing has changed, 8.4aa is still required ... what a crock, and not of gold
The requirements are still the same, however, ou do not need to build the Fireworks Factory to see the button as was the case before.

Amdira

Baronet
Sry, but that's just annoying for ppl who want to do the mini-game and get the set by doing the tasks. Instead of making it easier to go through the tasks, now it's clear you just want us to get the set by buying the chests. As I suggested earlier buying the chests should be an option for whales to get a SECOND set and it should be possible to get a full set by doing the tasks.

conqueror9

Regent
1. upgrade "ship manager" to level 4 should change to upgrade "festival manager" to level 4. It is mis-leading to upgrade ship manager after laying several rounds

2. There are 3 mini-quest counting towards to "grand prize"
those "??? upgrade manager ???" has blocked player to progress to get grand prize

suggestion
allocate 1 mini-quest as "recruit or upgrade manager"
allowing the 2 other mini-quest to handle non-manager mini-quests (e.g. upgrade building 50 times, delivery goods by ship".... etc

This will allow player progress even all "pot of gold" run-out
rich player can still purchase "diamond" to get more "pot of gold" to progress faster to get grand-prize

"recruit or upgrade manager" ...player has to use "pot of gold" wisely ..whether to recruit a manager or whether to upgrade a manager. Especailly, when player is lower in "pot of gold", player need to think ...which manager is more important to recruit and upgrade...

DeletedUser9778

Now it's misleading, it's always orange and makes you think it's time for the next town (much better like this "next town" not "next stage" which was again misleading because imply some evolution and here there is no evolution) was better the button with 8.4aa so you can now when you are ready, sure you can see 8.4aa but it's different, now I will click several times because it makes me think it's ready

kaymedic

Marquis
The requirements are still the same, however, ou do not need to build the Fireworks Factory to see the button as was the case before.

Thats stupid because you will need the fireworks factory to get enough shamrocks to proceed to the next stage. Or do you want us to spend more diamonds?

People will think they need to use pots of gold to rush this way. Nice that you allow us to spend diamonds in the "chest-screen". But maybe a tooltip would be better. But than... less cash for inno.

Sorry but thats not a good change if you leave everything else like the last tasks.

Last edited by a moderator: