• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
funny story.... finished another town... only had 770 pots left. so take a guess what happens, a 50 frag is in the prizes... I now have 4 out of 6 chance to win it... I failed leaving two chests open, no 50 frags... now on top of that, I won't have enough pots to start the next town correctly.

again, this just a funny story, not a complaint. If I had done fast method the entire time vs 3 slow method town to start, I would have had plenty of gold pots to simply just buy all chests.
You could also have let it sit til you made the pots - one of the years they fixed that "buy it now or it's gone!" problem. You can just close the window and come back. (of course this interferes with more runs if you need them - but if the purpose of the more runs is fragments, you could wait)

GateKeeper

Baronet
You could also have let it sit til you made the pots - one of the years they fixed that "buy it now or it's gone!" problem. You can just close the window and come back. (of course this interferes with more runs if you need them - but if the purpose of the more runs is fragments, you could wait)
I actually thought about that while at Spin Class lol . too late... in my haste I wanted to at least get the next town going...at this point and since its beta.... now I'm going to see if I could have gotten it 3 times ;)

Another funny story, at level 299 my ship is transporting NOT 1T productions, but 1000B. Thanks inno for making the final levels worthless!

The tree is competing with your attack providers, not sentinel outposts (which still remain the top building if you *just* want more defense). In general I consider 1% attack about "equal value" to 2% defense. So 1/1 + a FP seems fair enough in comparison to a sentinel. 2/2 + a FP in AF+ blows it out of the water - even including the road.

The neat part about these trees including roads are some of the visual appearances of cities that can be justified as "right" - where you'll get some heavily tree lined roads with access roads behind them : i.e. with a road servicing 4x4s:

Code:
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
T T R T T R T T T R T T
R R R R R R R R R R R R
T T R T T R T T T R T T
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4

Can make for some very aestheticly pleasing cities while averaging only 1 extra piece of road per 3 trees (or even less if for instance it was 5x6 buildings then it'd be 1 piece of road per 4 added trees).

Without the road requirement, it'd be wrong to place them as such.
Even in your ratio, in CA it's 1% attack versus 4% defense though. I just feel like having the extra road is a waste of space just for 1x1's, even 2x2's it's hard to justify since the road is "wasted" space. Its sure nice for people who have tree cities, but I want a city that works too - and changing out the troops is the most time consuming part of the game for me.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Another funny story, at level 299 my ship is transporting NOT 1T productions, but 1000B. Thanks inno for making the final levels worthless!

Even in your ratio, in CA it's 1% attack versus 4% defense though. I just feel like having the extra road is a waste of space just for 1x1's, even 2x2's it's hard to justify since the road is "wasted" space. Its sure nice for people who have tree cities, but I want a city that works too - and changing out the troops is the most time consuming part of the game for me.
too much math guys ..... if similar buildings from same event has a higher % chance i.e 40% vs 20%, thats Inno's way of telling us that the easier building to "frag up" sucks ;)

Ironrooster

Baronet
5th town done. 50 Golden Hut fragments in the first set of 6 chests. Makes 4 sets of fragments in 5 towns.

I think I will have enough pots to complete 1 more town and buy 1 more set of chests.

-Alin-

Emperor
5th town done. 50 Golden Hut fragments in the first set of 6 chests. Makes 4 sets of fragments in 5 towns.

I think I will have enough pots to complete 1 more town and buy 1 more set of chests.
11 towns done here and not a single fragment from any chest.

I switched to doing 14 cities and at least one time to get those damnit fragments from chests, if not, well, I have already the level 9 building in my city and in aproximately 30 days I should have all fragments needed for golden Archdruid Hut kit with the help of Blue Galaxy.

Owl II

Emperor
MG, what nonsense. We have been telling our players for many years that they can't put unfinished buildings in the city. And now I'll tell them: put the unfinished, because you have no other way to get finished. And don't forget to build a BG and put 70k FP in it for level 91 so that it works. This is especially true for beginners.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I found the fragments twice and now I'm just 25 tasks away from the 300 tasks milestone. I also got another Mountain reserve and some more kits. Nothing to complain for me :) This event is really time consuming but I think the actual balancing is ok, the really unlucky ones eventually will complete the building...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Current estimates are that the fragments appear with about 20% in the chests.

So about 35% of the players will not have enough fragments when going for 10 town strat.

Of the 10% that did not get any fragments till town 10, about 40% will get no fragments till town 14...

So, with the 14 towns strat as a fallback, "only" 4% of the players attempting this will not have enough fragments. And those will get the building in max 50 collections after the event.

I guess my hope for live is, that at least one of my two cities falls in the 65% that get enough fragments till town 10.

.Chris

Baronet
It just feels bad that you are so dependent on luck and 20% is still a low chance.

Maybe increase the chance to have the frags in the chests by 10% after each "unsuccesful" run? And reset to 20% after having them appear (regardless of wheter or not the player chooses to get them). It would take the edge off of the frustration of the Unlucky.

Astrid

Baronet
The idea of a golden / premium / hard to get final level was a bad one from the start. Now they just try to patch it in some ways. The idea to get 1 fragment / day(maybe 2 with blue galaxy) at level 9 for the final 10th level was a decent one and an improvement, but still, the initial idea was just bad and it comes to an already difficult, convoluted event. And again, some have it too easy, some too hard. Having a chance to get 50 golden fragments after completing a town is just bad and completely unbalanced. You either get a fixed number like 10 fragments each time a town is completed, or don't offer them at all after town completion.

And again, I am extremely disappointed for the lack of the 2 years' old building from the chests, the Druid Temple. We always had the possibility to get older buildings via daily specials or other mechanisms, but here it's just impossible to obtain a level 10 Druid Temple just from the event. Yes I know it's available in the Antique Dealer when I'm always hunting them, but... again, it should be possible to get most of them in the event they were initially introduced.

My suggestion is to offer a guaranteed 10-15 golden fragments after each town is completed and offer a Druid Temple kit via chests each 2 towns.

MG, what nonsense. We have been telling our players for many years that they can't put unfinished buildings in the city. And now I'll tell them: put the unfinished, because you have no other way to get finished. And don't forget to build a BG and put 70k FP in it for level 91 so that it works. This is especially true for beginners.
That's the problem with "one size fits all" advice. There are times when building an "unfinished" building makes sense. SO1, Winner's Plaza 1, and Terrace Farm 1 to name a few. Regardless, this building introduces a new feature, "self-improvement". When circumstances change, advice needs to change along with it.

Owl II

Emperor
The idea of a golden / premium / hard to get final level was a bad one from the start. Now they just try to patch it in some ways. The idea to get 1 fragment / day(maybe 2 with blue galaxy) at level 9 for the final 10th level was a decent one and an improvement, but still, the initial idea was just bad and it comes to an already difficult, convoluted event. And again, some have it too easy, some too hard. Having a chance to get 50 golden fragments after completing a town is just bad and completely unbalanced. You either get a fixed number like 10 fragments each time a town is completed, or don't offer them at all after town completion.
This idea did not arise from scratch. Inno wants to make money on events. They want to sell buildings. Ok, no problem. Everyone should be rewarded for their work. A premium level in this sense is a great idea. They should only stick to it until the end. Make the premium level much more efficient. Make getting it in the event difficult enough for players to choose to pay. But they want to be smart and beautiful, as always. And it turned as always

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I'm on city number 22 and after each town, I would get two complete sets of chests and pick them off up to 800 shamrocks on the 3rd then move forward. During this time I have received 15 level 10 fragments out of 44 sets of chests.

This idea did not arise from scratch. Inno wants to make money on events.

Has Inno been operating in the red all these years? I was under the impression they were doing well.

My biggest concern about the event is that things will only get worse. I used to buy diamonds on occasion; now retired and on a pension, my budget is more restricted. It's not difficult (for now) to ignore the offers to "Buy this!, Pay for that!, and Spend, spend, spend!" but I expect them to multiply and become ever more intrusive.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Druid Hut is non plunderable like druid temple even if it is not motivated. Is this correct?

Didn't check all the comments and coming back to forum after few months. Sorry if someone asked and answered it already. Please answer it one more time.

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

is it a joke?
the event finish in 4 day and on ios we can't make the event (and it's not a new one), if you don't want we play on ios, say it
thanks

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Hi,

is it a joke?
the event finish in 4 day and on ios we can't make the event (and it's not a new one), if you don't want we play on ios, say it
thanks

Finally, please keep in mind that you can always test our newest features in advance by using our Beta Mobile App. For more information on how to install it, please follow this guide.
- https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/st-patricks-day-event-2023.15969/

And in that guide:
Why only Android?
At the moment, Android is the best place to test this due to some technical limitations. We may look into offering the Beta version to iOS players as well in the future.

(...)

Are there any requirements or restrictions?
Since this is limited to Android, it will be crucial to have access to an Android device.
- https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/beta-mobile-app.13512/