• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Retired Guy

Marquis
No. An additional level just costs too much at that point. (and at level 300, level 301 is only 0.3% additional production).

As an example from one of my sims (festival manager 3, shipyard 4, fireworks 2), Level 301 festival at 300/300/50 would cost ~13 minutes of production. And cut off a bit over 1 minute from the wait for 8.4Q itself. So you lose a bit less than 12 minutes adding it.

About the only justification for going a bit further might be if you were doing some of those wacky last tasks that cost *way* more than the 8.4Q to move on.
I was just looking for the formula if there is one.. or is it a table of values?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was just looking for the formula if there is one.. or is it a table of values?
Base Production * Level * Manager Multiplier * Tier Multiplier (which does come from a table at each of the major breakpoints)

Festival/Shipyard Tier Multipliers
Level​
Multiplier​
0​
1​
10​
2​
25​
8​
50​
64​
100​
1024​
150​
32768​
200​
2097152​
250​
8388608​
300​
33554432​

Factory Tier Multipliers
Level​
Multiplier​
0​
1​
25​
2​
50​
8​
100​
64​
200​
1024​

.Chris

Baronet
@Juber Are there any plans regarding the amounts of PoG in the St. Patricks Prizes - line?
25 / 30 / 35 is still a ridiculously low amount compared to Daily Logins/Quests

FMaxi

Merchant
Well, there is still some space for balancing. They have changed the 20 pots "grand prize" to 50 (still a joke), but the 25 pots behind the paywall remained the same. :) And IMHO, the 275-mark for the archthingy is also a bit much if someone buys the 6 chests after each completed city. In that case you'll only need to reach 175 to have a lvl9 building at the end, given you get a bonus selection kit after each chest set. If they want to make the paywall attractive, they should put the arch upgrade into the first slot.

Last edited:

Feodor

Farmer
I got the gold level without spending money : 9 cities, 2x50 fragments in chests ans 50 fragments for 300 quests. I just miss one level for the building but I will get it after the last daily quest.

CrazyBoy08

Farmer
I got the gold level without spending money : 9 cities, 2x50 fragments in chests ans 50 fragments for 300 quests. I just miss one level for the building but I will get it after the last daily quest.
I've only got 50 in chests, and I did 10 cities, that's quite unfair from Inno

In CA the tree only gives 1%, not even worth it compared to a 4% sen outpost. Even the higher ages its 2%, but you could keep getting more in time I suppose BUT it needs a road.

I'm kind of turned off by the tree tbh. I'd rather have better army defense so I don't have to change out troops as often. Maybe if one of the trees was just 4% defense for attacking armies there would be more interest in general.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The cynical side of me says that the developers always planned on making the fragments available from the level 9 building, and had it originally set to be from the event pass/boxes only to make us happy we even got this solution.

Regardless though, if future events are going to have features like this, where we are forced to either be extremely lucky or extremely patient to just get a fully leveled event building, I'd hope that the penultimate and final levels have closer bonuses. For example, in this event, the final level could just have increased the tree fragment amounts largely, with more of a chance to win the Tree of Vitality. The other boosts could have stayed much closer to one another, similar to normal levels of event buildings.

So for example:
  • Level 9: Gives 2 fragments of Trees, with odds of 40/40/20*
  • Level 10: Gives 10 fragments of Trees, with odds of 30/30/40*
*denotes Tree of Vitality odds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
In CA the tree only gives 1%, not even worth it compared to a 4% sen outpost. Even the higher ages its 2%, but you could keep getting more in time I suppose BUT it needs a road.

I'm kind of turned off by the tree tbh. I'd rather have better army defense so I don't have to change out troops as often. Maybe if one of the trees was just 4% defense for attacking armies there would be more interest in general.
The tree is competing with your attack providers, not sentinel outposts (which still remain the top building if you *just* want more defense). In general I consider 1% attack about "equal value" to 2% defense. So 1/1 + a FP seems fair enough in comparison to a sentinel. 2/2 + a FP in AF+ blows it out of the water - even including the road.

The neat part about these trees including roads are some of the visual appearances of cities that can be justified as "right" - where you'll get some heavily tree lined roads with access roads behind them : i.e. with a road servicing 4x4s:

Code:
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
T T R T T R T T T R T T
R R R R R R R R R R R R
T T R T T R T T T R T T
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4
4  x  4 4  x  4 4  x  4

Can make for some very aestheticly pleasing cities while averaging only 1 extra piece of road per 3 trees (or even less if for instance it was 5x6 buildings then it'd be 1 piece of road per 4 added trees).

Without the road requirement, it'd be wrong to place them as such.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
10 months if you want in the future a 2nd maxed:p
still only 5 months as you have two of them making it. If you waited for both to finish before upgrading either.

Or alternatively the two of them can finish 1 in 2.5 months, and the other will take an additional 5 months to do the 2nd. (giving you 1 extra level 10 production from month 2.5 to month 5, and 1 less level 10 production from month 5 to month 7.5 - so it doesn't have an advantage in either direction to prefer one direction over the other beyond which you like better).

GateKeeper

Baronet
funny story.... finished another town... only had 770 pots left. so take a guess what happens, a 50 frag is in the prizes... I now have 4 out of 6 chance to win it... I failed leaving two chests open, no 50 frags... now on top of that, I won't have enough pots to start the next town correctly.

again, this just a funny story, not a complaint. If I had done fast method the entire time vs 3 slow method town to start, I would have had plenty of gold pots to simply just buy all chests.