• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Astrid

Baronet
Not that I would care too much about the premium prizes(St. Patrick prizes) but they are total garbage.

Golden upgrade - useless since we can get it eventually with no money, even though it might take a month or 2
Epic Kit - nice, but it's only one, afterwards you get only 1/3 and seriously it's not enough, especially when people must pay real money for it, all they get is few kits of years' old buildings
Tree of Vitality - useless since it requires road. Sentinel outpost beats it hands down.
30% defender boost - really ?
25, 30, 35... forge points - lol this morning I sniped for over 1k and even if I wouldn't snipe, I have a decent 180 Arc to make forge points when contributing in my guild
20% attack boost bottle - got plenty from guild battle grounds, always decent to sell to the Antique Dealer
Druid Trees selection kit - a selection kit consisting of nothing
25, 30, 35... Pots of Gold - you got me with this... or not
Mass Self Aid kit - got plenty, when I am bored I sell them to the Antique Dealer
Finish All Goods Production - seriously ? Who came with this idea ?...
Some avatars - some will say they are great, some will say they are ok and some won't care(I have an opinion but it won't make sense bringing it into discussion since it's just a matter of taste here)

So basically if we spend 15 euros all we get is some new fancy avatars...

-Alin-

Emperor
I think I have been cursed ...

Just did my 13th town, and still NO fragments from any chest shown ...

1674312544452.png
1674312559251.png
1674312571009.png

Anyway, in one town and half I will reach 450 tasks, total 14.5 towns, actually 15, I will have more than enough pots of gold to do so.

Astrid

Baronet
Druid Hut is non plunderable like druid temple even if it is not motivated. Is this correct?

Didn't check all the comments and coming back to forum after few months. Sorry if someone asked and answered it already. Please answer it one more time.
It produces additional forge points upon motivation, so unfortunately it's not like the Druid Temple.

Kronan

Viceroy
Beta Feedback ... can we reverse an informational trend that's going off the rails (a bit?)....

I like the concept of telling players what/when they're getting from a building, FoE generally does this very well, especially (and recently...) under what conditions they get it. But 2 problems are coming sharply into view:

1) Grammatical language construct differences.
2) Size and wordiness (for the space available)

For #1, here's a simple example:

English: Shrine of Knowledge fragment
FoE (and Romantic language difference in base: French, German, Spanish, etc): Fragment of Shine of Knowledge

Other examples:

a) Attack for Attacking Army ==> Attacking Army Attack
b) Defense for Attacking Army ==> Attacking Army Defense

c) Tree of Silence ==> Silence Tree

For #2
a) 5 x Tree of Silence (Fragment) --> Silence Tree (5 fragments) or use 5 and the tree fragment symbol you developed), or 5 Silence Tree fragments

Note the two info boxes shown here. For both - it's impossible to accurately view the full contents, because with some of them, the edit space is overstuffed, and it does not autoscroll (or continuously scroll...), if one hovers a pointing device (mouse) on the base object, and lets it sit.

Info box 1 problems:

1) I can't read what beyond the left parenthesis...
2) Why the double information [by collecting...] (without differentiation)? If they're different, tell us why. If they aren't, it's redundant.

screen clip of DruidHut info box.jpg

For the now HUGE Druid 9 info box (found by hovering in the ArchDruid Upgrade Kit...) the problem also exists with the Tree fragments. As well, the box's size is exacerbated by seemingly having 2 sections entitled: RANDOM PRODUCTIONS, with the same instructions. This info box, in some cases, will NOT fit on a PC screen.

It seems there are 2 sets of Random productions, so IMHO, it should be labeled: Random Production 1, and Random Production 2.

Druid 9 info box.jpg

If they are the same, collapse them. If they're different (based on anything that makes them different), that should be delineated in the section. Additionally, you could remove the text" By collecting from this building...." since there are ALSO 2 of these text blocks and 1 could serve BOTH.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
After looking into the controversial event pass for cash. Let me rationalise what everyone's missing out on who doesn't buy it:

1 single premium upgrade, you're gonna get for free anyways
A couple of portraits, much like Winter event22
A few trees

Besides that, as mentioned by another player, most of the other rewards are weak. To say the least. Still though I think the ToV is workable in some settings. Particularly good for new cities. Anyways I also like to suggest better odds for lvl10:

Druid hut lvl10 suggestion:
40% chance 10 fragments of ToS
40% chance 10 fragments of ToP

60% chance 10 fragments of Druid trees selection kit* (150 frag needed)
40% chance 10 fragments of ToV

This change does would make the production of defender's trees far more valuable. To counter act this, the chance could be reduced a bit and 50 frag more can be asked. This result in an average annual just 12 trees of either ToS or ToP, instead of 12 of each on average. The ToV average would increase to also 12 per year. This is the main selling point anyways and would putting both counter parting trees in a more nicely balanced position. In which both are on average at an equal number. While the total number of trees is technically taking a bit of a hit but in exchange much better value is returned. Thus enhancing the deal for the grand prize.
Converting on Beta the frag for ToS and ToP to either a druid trees selection kit, or 1 full tree. To compensate the disappearance of the original frag from the druid hut.

*the selection kit containing ToS &/or ToP

FMaxi

Merchant
Beta Feedback ... can we reverse an informational trend that's going off the rails (a bit?)....

I like the concept of telling players what/when they're getting from a building, FoE generally does this very well, especially (and recently...) under what conditions they get it. But 2 problems are coming sharply into view:

FoE (and Romantic language difference in base: French, German, Spanish, etc): Fragment of Shine of Knowledge

Other examples:

For #2
a) 5 x Tree of Silence (Fragment) --> Silence Tree (5 fragments) or use 5 and the tree fragment symbol you developed), or 5 Silence Tree fragments

Note the two info boxes shown here. For both - it's impossible to accurately view the full contents, because with some of them, the edit space is overstuffed, and it does not autoscroll (or continuously scroll...), if one hovers a pointing device (mouse) on the base object, and lets it sit.

Info box 1 problems:

2) Why the double information [by collecting...] (without differentiation)? If they're different, tell us why. If they aren't, it's redundant.

View attachment 8785

For the now HUGE Druid 9 info box (found by hovering in the ArchDruid Upgrade Kit...) the problem also exists with the Tree fragments. As well, the box's size is exacerbated by seemingly having 2 sections entitled: RANDOM PRODUCTIONS, with the same instructions. This info box, in some cases, will NOT fit on a PC screen.

It seems there are 2 sets of Random productions, so IMHO, it should be labeled: Random Production 1, and Random Production 2.

View attachment 8786

If they are the same, collapse them. If they're different (based on anything that makes them different), that should be delineated in the section. Additionally, you could remove the text" By collecting from this building...." since there are ALSO 2 of these text blocks and 1 could serve BOTH.

To the 2 random productions: you'll get 1 of the 3 tree fragment options AND 1 of the coin boost / coin rush option.

Aerendil

Squire
Im now at 16 cities with no lvl10 fragments from chest, but need only 2 more cities for 600 :cool:

I like the change with the archdruid fragments, so I dont have to repeat this on live

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Hi,

is it a joke?
the event finish in 4 day and on ios we can't make the event (and it's not a new one), if you don't want we play on ios, say it
thanks
It's not Inno's fault. Apple refuses to allow sideloading apps in iOS (among many other things). The EU recently passed legislation (the Digital Markets Act) to combat this, but most likely there'll be no real change until 2024.

On a side note, the DMA could also mean that third party app stores will have to be allowed, which means that there could be reduced fees from the app stores. That could allow the diamond prices to be the same across browser and mobile.

Support open standards and right to repair.

Other examples:

For #2

Info box 1 problems:

View attachment 8785

View attachment 8786

Per this, I think two-paned windows might be needed (wider, but then you could actually read stuff) or a clickable info screen. Sort of like how you can click on a residential and it tells you it's producing coins in however many hours, the same could be done with event buildings to make them easier to understand.

Basically have a short summary of what it's producing, and then a "click on building to see more."

Gedrog

Squire
Not that I would care too much about the premium prizes(St. Patrick prizes) but they are total garbage.

Golden upgrade - useless since we can get it eventually with no money, even though it might take a month or 2
Epic Kit - nice, but it's only one, afterwards you get only 1/3 and seriously it's not enough, especially when people must pay real money for it, all they get is few kits of years' old buildings
Tree of Vitality - useless since it requires road. Sentinel outpost beats it hands down.
30% defender boost - really ?
25, 30, 35... forge points - lol this morning I sniped for over 1k and even if I wouldn't snipe, I have a decent 180 Arc to make forge points when contributing in my guild
20% attack boost bottle - got plenty from guild battle grounds, always decent to sell to the Antique Dealer
Druid Trees selection kit - a selection kit consisting of nothing
25, 30, 35... Pots of Gold - you got me with this... or not
Mass Self Aid kit - got plenty, when I am bored I sell them to the Antique Dealer
Finish All Goods Production - seriously ? Who came with this idea ?...
Some avatars - some will say they are great, some will say they are ok and some won't care(I have an opinion but it won't make sense bringing it into discussion since it's just a matter of taste here)

So basically if we spend 15 euros all we get is some new fancy avatars...
I second this stop giving me fragments of s.... when I actually paid for the pass

Dursland

Merchant
Hopefully people will speak with their wallets on the live servers like they did with Forge Bowl and we'll see some of the issues here addressed.

RisenShine

Merchant
It's not Inno's fault. Apple refuses to allow sideloading apps in iOS (among many other things). The EU recently passed legislation (the Digital Markets Act) to combat this, but most likely there'll be no real change until 2024.

On a side note, the DMA could also mean that third party app stores will have to be allowed, which means that there could be reduced fees from the app stores. That could allow the diamond prices to be the same across browser and mobile.

Support open standards and right to repair.

Per this, I think two-paned windows might be needed (wider, but then you could actually read stuff) or a clickable info screen. Sort of like how you can click on a residential and it tells you it's producing coins in however many hours, the same could be done with event buildings to make them easier to understand.

Basically have a short summary of what it's producing, and then a "click on building to see more."
I'm missing some info somewhere:
Why can we play events from the live servers on mobile - but we can't play events from the beta on mobile.?
Right now I'm playing Forge of Bowl on mobile but I can't play St. Patrick - so those who play on mobile do not have the same chances of completing the event as those who play on PC. Then Inno has to wait to release the events until they are ready for mobile

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I'm missing some info somewhere:
Why can we play events from the live servers on mobile - but we can't play events from the beta on mobile.?
Right now I'm playing Forge of Bowl on mobile but I can't play St. Patrick - so those who play on mobile do not have the same chances of completing the event as those who play on PC. Then Inno has to wait to release the events until they are ready for mobile
The Beta app is updated daily. You have to download the newest version directly. When submitting an app to an app store, usually there's a short period when it is reviewed/scanned to make sure there's no malware included, which is good, but this can take days. To be able to push out updates daily, as per Beta in general, not necessarily just events, the app has to be sideloaded, or installed not through an app store, but as a file. Apple won't let users do that. So it isn't available for iOS.

Much of the live servers' features (and Beta for that matter) are pushed out to the users earlier than needed, to make sure that they will be able to play in events when they start. But that can be done in advance to allow time for the app stores to accept the updates, while constant, daily bugfixes can not.

LastWarrior

Regent
OK the tree of vitality should be at least given the same chance as the other two, which tbh are pretty useless.
If you would remove the need to be next to a road as well it would make this event really good.
I like the changes you have dun so far and this would make us all happy.

RisenShine

Merchant
The Beta app is updated daily. You have to download the newest version directly. When submitting an app to an app store, usually there's a short period when it is reviewed/scanned to make sure there's no malware included, which is good, but this can take days. To be able to push out updates daily, as per Beta in general, not necessarily just events, the app has to be sideloaded, or installed not through an app store, but as a file. Apple won't let users do that. So it isn't available for iOS.

Much of the live servers' features (and Beta for that matter) are pushed out to the users earlier than needed, to make sure that they will be able to play in events when they start. But that can be done in advance to allow time for the app stores to accept the updates, while constant, daily bugfixes can not.
Again - Then Inno has to wait to release the events until they are ready for mobile - otherwise Beta are not for mobile players

CrashBoom

Legend
Again - Then Inno has to wait to release the events until they are ready for mobile - otherwise Beta are not for mobile players
correct

Beta is for testing.
so it will be tested on the platforms it can be tested

and if you have a problem how beta is working then you shouldn't play on beta :rolleyes:

and if somebody has to wait for something to be released
then it is you playing on the regular server
there you can wait for things to be available to all platforms at the same time

Rosiemarrie

Steward
Out of 10 towns complete I have only seen the golden fragments once. Not very good chance of getting it in my view. I have managed to reach 300+ on the prize points so I've got 50 from there.

I was just thinking that I would never get the next 50, but seeing that we now get 1 fragment from the lvl 9 Druid Hut is really good. I feel a lot better that I will get there given time.

The lvl 9 druid hut is NOT a proper fully levelled event building. No animation to me really means it's not even pretending to be the top level. But the fact that I will get the top level given time addresses my issues with this event.

That makes it worth bothering with the event in my live worlds.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Maybe... just don't buy a device that locks down their software? It's not Inno's fault. They can't do anything about it. Either switch to Android, play on the browser version, or stop complaining.

If you truly want the mobile experience on iOS, then yes, Beta is not for you. But there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Kronan

Viceroy
Event suggestion...(and feedback).

Kudos Inno for including this year, a new feature I'll call the "6 chest open" for a discount. I like the offer design - thank you.

I'll admit it: It's a small facepalm time for me, though.... keep reading :)

I think this event is in it's 4th year now, and I'm very used to paying for the 6 chests each time, in incremental fashion (you know: 0, 50, 100, 500) etc for all 6 - 1800 or so FP and then getting the bonus upgrade.

So maybe out of habit, without the attentiveness I should have invested - I did that a bunch of times, and never used the new offer, 6 chest open. I was studying other things in the beta - and missed it.

However, as I proceeded along in the event process, this current time - I started to open the chests and I got 3 open, and then paused for a phone call.... When I came back to my screen, I saw the "6 chest open offer and discount" banner.

Wow... I said to myself - you're a moron
(you're allowed to call yourself a moron)... you missed this feature during most of the entire event!

So I pressed the button to initiate the 1400 cost to see what would hapen - having already done 3 chests by hand.

The message comes up - "Do you really want to spend 1400 diamonds on the chests?" ... I then realized it wasn't going to charge me a pro-rated amount, it was going to charge me the full amount, even having done 3 already.

I said no, of course.

It got me thinking though.

What if someone else does that same type of thing by mistake? It would be very nice and friendly to players to do something like this:

If they're opening chests by hand, and then click the "open all for X amount", they then get a 1 time EDUCATIONAL message of "grace". Like this:

We see you're opting for the "6 chest" open and discount, but you've already opened a few. We will, this one time, open then all (including what you've done by hand and paid for" with the adjusted discount price of X diamonds. But just this one time. Remember to use the "6 chest option" discount option in the future .

That's an extremely nice way to make new friends :)

Last edited:

Beta567

Baronet
Hold on... why did you change initial stats of trees? Now it is piece of crap. It still requires road? Even worse! ToS and ToP never gonna be useful.
Why Druid Trees Selection Kit offers only 2 type of trees??? Where is the 3rd one?
Come on Inno you can do better.