• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

RisenShine

Merchant
correct

Beta is for testing.
so it will be tested on the platforms it can be tested

and if you have a problem how beta is working then you shouldn't play on beta :rolleyes:

and if somebody has to wait for something to be released
then it is you playing on the regular server
there you can wait for things to be available to all platforms at the same time
I don't have a problem with Beta - but I do have a problem with it not being available on mobile, which means we can't test it on mobile.

Beta567

Baronet
and btw why we have to pay real money on beta server in order to get items (or anything). Isn't this server just for testing? So why don't you give us items for testing? I think this is insane to pay anything on BETA server.

Kronan

Viceroy
and btw why we have to pay real money on beta server in order to get items (or anything). Isn't this server just for testing? So why don't you give us items for testing? I think this is insane to pay anything on BETA server.
The question has been previously asked, but not answered. The policy of Premium track costing something (currently cash) in beta is continuing.

Yes - Inno has given us some free benefits (auto aid), which we all appreciate - and of course participants in the beta process do get 1500 diamonds as thanks for helping test. But a number of people are in beta as just live players, not beta testers.

I don't agree that people should be charged real money. Many people work hard @ helping Inno find bugs, or help hone events so they can "be the best they can be".

If they want us to test the PREMIUM track as part of our testing process, they should do it either for free, or let us use the diamonds they give us as compensation, for the cost of the track. Right now - I have made suggestions the layout of the track (more specifically - progress indicators...), but I don't feel right paying for that priviledge.

I've done professional beta testing for many large companies (including Microsoft and Google) as was never charged to help them make better products. Yes, I was vetted as a software engineer to become part of their beta test team, but it seems that anyone with a pulse can apply and be accepted to play on beta here @ FoE - even though they don't contribute to the beta process.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The question has been previously asked, but not answered. The policy of Premium track costing something (currently cash) in beta is continuing.

Yes - Inno has given us some free benefits (auto aid), which we all appreciate - and of course participants in the beta process do get 1500 diamonds as thanks for helping test. But a number of people are in beta as just live players, not beta testers.

I don't agree that people should be charged real money. Many people work hard @ helping Inno find bugs, or help hone events so they can "be the best they can be".

If they want us to test the PREMIUM track as part of our testing process, they should do it either for free, or let us use the diamonds they give us as compensation, for the cost of the track. Right now - I have made suggestions the layout of the track (more specifically - progress indicators...), but I don't feel right paying for that priviledge.

I've done professional beta testing for many large companies (including Microsoft and Google) as was never charged to help them make better products. Yes, I was vetted as a software engineer to become part of their beta test team, but it seems that anyone with a pulse can apply and be accepted to play on beta here @ FoE - even though they don't contribute to the beta process.
This isn't a beta in the normal sense. It's a large scale preview of features before they hit live. These days, it seems like it is mostly used to gauge player feedback related to balancing of buildings' boosts. The reason stuff costs money is that they want to see how players are going to spend money on new features. If everyone was given a sandbox of free diamonds, they wouldn't be able to get data before live servers on how players are going to spend money.

They aren't "testing" the Event Pass to see if it works, they're testing to see if you buy it :p

Beta567

Baronet
The reason stuff costs money is that they want to see how players are going to spend money on new features. If everyone was given a sandbox of free diamonds, they wouldn't be able to get data before live servers on how players are going to spend money.
So you are saying that amount of dollars spent on beta is equal to amount of dollars spent on live server? This is funny.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
they're testing to see if you buy it :p
Didn't they do it already at live 1 single time during Halloween22 with an AB "test"? Before realising how different the results could be during winter22?

If anything, imho Inno should be discounting Beta's cash features. Similar to how Beta diamonds are permanently at a "sale"

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Didn't they do it already at live 1 single time during Halloween22 with an AB "test"? Before realising how different the results could be during winter22?

If anything, imho Inno should be discounting Beta's cash features. Similar to how Beta diamonds are permanently at a "sale"
Well yes, but they're also trying to see if the paid features remain valuable to players, instead of just a one-time spike.

Didn't one of the event passes only cost diamonds? When I saw this was for cash for this event I was like haha nope.

Maybe we should all be given FOE+ on beta. ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Didn't one of the event passes only cost diamonds? When I saw this was for cash for this event I was like haha nope.

Maybe we should all be given FOE+ on beta. ;)
They started out for diamonds with prizes of questionable value (mostly those limited time buildings).

They ran an A/B test on $ vs diamonds for one event, and then declared $ more popular and the way to purchase it going forward.

Winter Event was the first time they made the prizes a big deal.

They've somewhat faded from that since (which is good if you don't want to spend $; if enough people will still buy it despite a lack of value, great - they make their money, and you don't miss out)

CrashBoom

Legend
Hold on... why did you change initial stats of trees? Now it is piece of crap. It still requires road? Even worse! ToS and ToP never gonna be useful.
Why Druid Trees Selection Kit offers only 2 type of trees??? Where is the 3rd one?
Come on Inno you can do better.
what was the change ?

Ironrooster

Baronet
I don't know if anyone has reported this or not, but:

I just noticed that 54 of 56 quests are done, but the event still has 4 days 5 hours 33 minutes to run.

-Alin-

Emperor
I don't know if anyone has reported this or not, but:

I just noticed that 54 of 56 quests are done, but the event still has 4 days 5 hours 33 minutes to run.

Yes, it is right, 2 days extra for this event after all quests are done, for people that maybe have one more town to do to win the grand prize, etc.

estrid

Baronet
I have had lots of memory problems lately with pages ending by 'Snap. Out of memory error.' or just going weird.
So I started to watch where the memory goes. When I opened the mini-game window to check the boat and city, chrome memory usage went up about 10% (of 8G). When I closed the mini-game, the memory usage did not go down. If all these minigames do that, they are taking lots of memory, because I play on 3 live servers too.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
When I opened the mini-game window to check the boat and city, chrome memory usage went up about 10% (of 8G). When I closed the mini-game, the memory usage did not go down.

When you've reopened the window, did the memory usage increased again? If not, then...I wouldn't call it an issue. It's more likely most of us play only on 1 server and would prefer the window open up fast next time (assuming that's how it works).

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Seems not the case. Since they only needed 1 single AB "test" if it's true, they would've had more AB "tests."
It may have been a hasty change, but I wouldn't be surprised if they gained more revenue from the paid pass than via diamonds. With the $15 being about 3x the ~$5 the 1200 diamonds would cost, they'd only have to convert 1/3 of the players who purchased the diamond event pass to make the same revenue. Additionally, it could have drawn other players who would normally spend diamonds into spending real money. And once a player has spent real money, they're much more likely to do so, so the pass stays at $15.