• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

mbk28

Baronet
hi,

it will be nice if the last price will be also an update of the gong to niv 2 and not only a niv 1
if you can change it on the beta
thanks

DeletedUser1418

Again... saving up 4 days worth of lantern, pay 60, win rogue... just shame on you Inno

DeletedUser8899

Hello !

I don’t understand why so many people are ungry... I had 2 pieces of the set, and now i’ve 2 full sets !! Now i’m just trying to have second level to the second set.

To me it’s a very good event. Thanks Inno.
Just 1 problem: not yet on app ☹️

PS: i didnt use diamonds
PPS: sorry for my english, i’m french and try to speak english without google trad :)

DeletedUser

I don’t understand why so many people are ungry... I had 2 pieces of the set, and now i’ve 2 full sets !
nice joke
is like: I won a million dollars and can't understand how poor people feel

you won 7 pieces from chests (+1 from questline + 2 you had = 10)

I won 1 !!!!!!!!! piece after using all my laterns

so you can't understand it ?
then start thinking. because we didn't had the luck to win 7 pieces

and now write again with the feeling you would have after winning 1 !!! piece and not 7
would you still thank InnoGames for a good event if you didn't complete one freaking set

to the guy who won one million the lottery was a good event

other will spend 10000 diamonds and still have less than you :eek:

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-03-22 - inappropriate text.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8366

Had about 500 lanterns. Color-guard Camp and Drummer School have 5% chance each, while the upgrade has 20%, or is it 18%? Never mind, it doesn’t change the fact I won total 3 of those (unwanted) buildings, and not a single upgrade.
In total, I won 4 upgrades, BUT I had to use diamonds (the ones provided on beta), I’ll have to be extremely lucky to win the last.....

DeletedUser

I do think that there should be an option to simply buy the kits that you want, even if it's for diamonds.

DeletedUser8901

Man, I really didn't want to post here, but damn are you guys obnoxious. it's typically the same people as well. But I'll address some of the concerns people laid out and I'll say the issues with them.

1. Non-guaranteed Prizes like last years - While this is true, also please consider it's an event which like all freemium games have secondary agenda of getting people to spend money of course, and this is exactly the way to do it. Don't hate on them it's simply basic business (why do you think lootboxes are extremely common in games).

2. Barely any rewards - Although I have speculated myself whether the odds are real, there's no legal method of obtaining the actual in game odds, (wouldn't be the first game to use skewed/fake numbers) but because of that there's no point crying on here if you didn't get much from the event because "rng is a **."

But to add onto that the # of lanterns earned in the event is approximately: 220 + 220 + 585 + 50 + (131 x 2) + 175 = approximately 1512 lanterns

With AVERAGE luck this results in 5 daily specials assuming you go for most efficient daily special/lantern every time. With bad luck this allows someone without a set to EASILY to get a full lv 1 cherry blossom set. The event is setup so that people with lv 1 Cherry Blossom sets already can simply upgrade their set, and newer players can get their first lv 1 set, it's meant to benefit everyone has some individuals don't have room for a 2nd cherry blossom set. The rewards are 100% fair for the event so please stop complaining about it. If you know anything about statistics you'd know because of the low %s there's a lot of variance in rewards so even though the average is 5, you may get 10, or 1 but that's the risk reward that comes with the event. Don't like it? Don't do the event.

3. "Forced" Progression - I don't play that much on Beta, but I've had a look-see through all the quests, and from what I can tell there's no actual forced progression quests, the only progression that can be forced is research, yet all the research quests have alternatives. When it comes to Map there's always the option to go ahead ages, by either fighting (which I'm doing in my live city I'm 3 ages ahead in map but I can still fight with low losses (around 3-5 rogues/fight with 90% attack boost, lv 2 Kraken) and when the map gets attack bonus you switch to negotiations, you have the option to buy goods with fps, or trade up the goods you already have.

The ONLY exception to this is in FE and from what I know there's special goods that are only acquirable within AF/OF which would mean either moving up ages, fighting or a lot of diamonds.

4. Being Immature - I don't think I need to explain this one, but a large population of the people that post here are people being immature by begging or demanding unnecessary changes, people crying about bad rng, swearing and vulgar language at the point where there's been over 10 corrections by moderators. Seriously grow up, if you don't like the way InnoGames is handling the game mechanics, don't whine instead offer critical feedback, and if they don't do exactly what you say then suck it up. People like myself come here to see the new event, and how people perceive it, but the people who play on Beta like to complain and call it feedback.

*PS: I know not everyone is like this, just the majority* *PS2: I feel bad for the moderators who have to deal with these 6 year old*

DeletedUser8901

Actual Concerns:

Although I doubt it, will the Daily Challenges with Cherry Blossom pieces be changed to upgrade kits?

Has changing the 2 guaranteed pieces from the quest line into Upgrade kits already been taken off the table? Would strike a better balance between benefiting old players, and new which the event seems to be going for.

Also has buffing the grand prizes on global been considered? Doing the statistics bringing down daily special chance to get more blossoms for grand prize doesn't seem to be worth it with prizes like wishing well. Although they are a nice bonus the way the event is staged has "Grand" prizes side-staged by the daily specials.

Would like to say I like the event overall and I do appreciate how the daily specials cycle so there's no worry about when X upgrade will come back similar to PoH and Grand Bridge (Although they always came back nearing the end to help f2p players)

DeletedUser8471

@Zarok Dai or @Robert or any other member that could answer this. Why is it that the daily specials have been changed so drastically from previous events? Every daily special so far has been an upgrade kit for the Cherry Garden Set. What happened to offering SoKs, Rouge Hideouts, Champ retreats and other special buildings as Daily Specials? There are players out there like myself that would rather skip this set and go for other buildings that would make their city design better for them.

If this is how future events are going to be you will more than likely begin bleeding players dry and scaring them off, potentially losing your Diamond Buyers and sources of income, with the eventual death of the game... =\

HossamAly

Merchant
Don't like it? Don't do the event.
Wow! So people aren't allowed to present their feedback in the "Feedback" section?!
I would think a more reasonable approach would be: Don't like it? please elaborate why

With AVERAGE luck this results in 5 daily specials assuming you go for most efficient daily special/lantern every time.
The keyword is "Average". Some people don't like the fact that there's a distinct possibility they'll spend 100s of diamonds and still end up with nothing useful. We get it, Inno wants to encourage buying diamonds. That's fair enough. But in the current setup it's too much luck based. Some people will get frustrated, which is also fair enough.

If you know anything about statistics you'd know because of the low %s there's a lot of variance in rewards so even though the average is 5, you may get 10, or 1 but that's the risk reward that comes with the event.
There you go. You answered your own point above.

DeletedUser8901

Wow! So people aren't allowed to present their feedback in the "Feedback" section?!
I would think a more reasonable approach would be: Don't like it? please elaborate why

The keyword is "Average". Some people don't like the fact that there's a distinct possibility they'll spend 100s of diamonds and still end up with nothing useful. We get it, Inno wants to encourage buying diamonds. That's fair enough. But in the current setup it's too much luck based. Some people will get frustrated, which is also fair enough.

There you go. You answered your own point above.

Nice cherry picking, but again so what if you get nothing? In the grand scheme of things, the events have low requirements to do the quests and even with bad luck there's still incentives to do the quest, if you feel the chance at special buildings isn't worth the goods you donate to guild treasury or the sectors you need to claim then don't do it. This is a feedback section, not a cry sector, obviously if you feel certain aspects of the event are unfair, then post about it, and why. Don't post complaints of why does it have to be rng loot boxes (Im sorry but loot boxes are in almost every single mmo game for a reason) and if you look at what I said in the beginning, it was obvious I was addressing the individuals that simply complain rather than give constructive criticism, so taking a few quotes out of context of the entirety causes the contradictions you pointed out.

About the rng though, Loot boxes work, you see a lot of people complaining about the loot box system but chances are your not the target demographic as your probably a light spender or f2p. Due to the Law of Large Numbers, anyone that is a heavy spender won't notice the rng due to # of diamonds spend therefore you won't see them complaining here.

DeletedUser

luck in itself makes it unfair
some get more than average
other less

why must that be in an event ?

The rewards are 100% fair for the event so please stop complaining about it.
no they aren't

and everybody who thinks it is a fool or even worse

or do really believe it is fair that the one player above gets 2 sets and other not even one ?

Don't like it? Don't do the event.
don't like complaints in the forum? Don't read it :rolleyes:

If you know anything about statistics
I know everything about statistics

that doesn't make it an fair event

fair would be shop (for x florins you get a building kit. for y a SoK,...)

but if you know anything about people you would know that the ones on the bad side of luck will complain

DeletedUser8901

or do really believe it is fair that the one player above gets 2 sets and other not even one ?

Luck is the driving factor in any freemium game to encourage $$$ Lmao
Give me the name of a popular freemium game with no luck-based reward systems

DeletedUser

really ?

I thought being faster or having more than other is the reason to spend $$$

so if you get one set for free and want two that can be done without a luck factor in the event

not give one set for free to half of the players and force the other half to buy diamonds to complete it

I don't play other internet games

DeletedUser8901

really ?

I thought being faster or having more is the reason to spend $$$

so if you get one set for free and want two that can be done without a luck factor in the event

I don't play other games
Well maybe thats your problem ALL freemium games are like this. Give people more reason to spend $$$, like content? Well, if releasing new ages and new features was enough to encourage enough diamond spending for InnoGames to make profit we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

DeletedUser4381

Rubbish, I spent far more money on this game when the rewards were actually there for the money I spent. I refuse to spend real money to gamble for a virtual reward.

DeletedUser7942

why must that be in an event ?
Perhaps you can clarify, when hasn't there been a % chance to win something for anything in this game? Even getting a BP for aiding is "luck" based, it's just a %, like maybe 1% or 2%. I mean the only thing guaranteed is what they give as a reward, they're giving away 2 of 5 pieces in the questline, the others you have to like always roll for, either you'll get it or you won't.

Hello !

I don’t understand why so many people are ungry... I had 2 pieces of the set, and now i’ve 2 full sets !! Now i’m just trying to have second level to the second set.

Just 1 problem: not yet on app ☹️

PPS: sorry for my english, i’m french and try to speak english without google trad :)
You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend... those with loaded guns and those who dig... dig a bit and you find why this event is poo

DeletedUser7942

Why is it that the daily specials have been changed so drastically from previous events? Every daily special so far has been an upgrade kit for the Cherry Garden Set. What happened to offering SoKs, Rouge Hideouts, Champ retreats and other special buildings as Daily Specials?
I pretty much saw it coming when they introduced DC's. They've already eliminated diamonds as rewards from events now they're going after eliminating other Special Buildings like the ones you mentioned.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
To be honest, I don't think it's worse than last year. Yes, there's no guarantee we'd get a complete set even if we spend diamonds, and that's frustrating but sadly I got used to that...

On a positive note, some of us are in a better shape than last year because we've gotten some cherry pieces from DCs.
In my main world on live i have 1 Sakura and 4 ponds in inventory. (4 of those from DCs, 1 pond from last event). With questline giving a gong and emperor's entrance upon completing, I'd be missing only the zen zone for a complete second set. So for me it'd be easier this time, at least theoretically.

Wondering if @xivarmy will come up with the % of getting a complete set without using diamonds like he/she did for the last 2 events? ;) that was very helpful, especially the strategy for the football event - i used it in all my worlds and got the pillar to lvl 7 :)

I didn't know that I'd get to analysing this event honestly. I've been playing less, and when i do try to play it's more frequently been the case these days that the live US servers are acting up and i wind up needing to refresh my game a few times an hour at minimum and suffer 20 second waits now and then as well - kills the playability far more than all their design decisions ;) Also it's less clear what the right metric for success this event is. Many people already have full sets, and stray pieces from DCs or last year. And I know if i'm upgrading my existing sets there's only 3 of the 5 pieces i consider worth upgrading (increase in FP or increase in attack value). I guess a chart with lines for various number of kits targetted. I do share some of the frustation BetaTest03 has with this event - as last year on one world i spent every last lantern plus some diamonds trying for one piece that was hardest to get via grand prize, and never got it - this year is probably about the same but without the guaranteed part if you just flat out spend enough. However 2 other worlds made it easily so i mean most people will probably come away happy.

At any rate, i'll try to use the info on the wiki to make a useful chart of some sort to cover the likelihood of reaching various goals.