• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7951

At any rate, the core issue is when most of us look at most event chests we see :

20% You win!
10% nothing
15% nothing
55% nothing

and what needs to change is (most) of the nothings need to be changed to 'a little something that isn't what you wanted but is somewhat useful or neat or even just maybe someday i'll want that'
Spot on. I see the other prizes and cringe. I do not want them, waste of space in the inventory. And rather pointless to delete as they always come more of them. Most of the times, not just this event, I don't really want any of them. Only for the top prize. And sometimes not even then. (the bridge in the Venetian event just didn't fit visually in any of my cities)

DeletedUser7239

It seems the event is going to live servers next week.. i ask after all we(players) said regarding the event, what did inno change in live event? someone from inno answer this, i am curious what did inno listen from players and changed.

DeletedUser7107

When I started playing FOE 3 years ago I was looking for a new game because my old game had gotten greedy, and ignored the wants and needs of the players. I started just in time for the easter event. It was so refreshing to have a decent chance to get the items I wanted and for the secondary items to be worth having. I felt like I was getting decent value for my money, and I loved the game. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Now I see Inno going down that path, ignoring what the players need and want, and becoming increasingly more expensive without returning anything of value. For the 3rd event in a row I will be spending little to nothing, whereas before my norm was 600-700 dollars on an event.
take heed inno, the players are trying to tell you something, you should listen

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The law of large numbers states you'll get to that 18/20% average the more you do it, so as long as you keep opening chests you will get the set pieces so in effect you are buying the pieces with diamonds you just got to keep rolling to get there.

This law of large numbers is not exactly applied well in this case. The idea with the law of large numbers is not that if after having opened 20 chests you open 2 more it's likely to have corrected your bad luck - your bad luck isn't expected to be corrected at all. Rather it means that if you open 20 chests, and then open 200 more the bad luck in the first 20 will become less significant and over the larger sample size you'll get closer to the expectation value average. The problem with this in this case is opening 200 more = 50000 diamonds. Perhaps worse, 200 is still not necessarily enough to guarantee being close to that 20% rate - it might well be 2000 more before that's a guarantee. The vast majority of diamond players have no chance of 'fixing' bad luck with the law of large numbers as they're not interested in spending that much. They just want to spend a little more to get a little more. Yes for whales, just keep opening more and it'll work out is fine.

DeletedUser7942

This law of large numbers is not exactly applied well in this case. The idea with the law of large numbers is not that if after having opened 20 chests you open 2 more it's likely to have corrected your bad luck - your bad luck isn't expected to be corrected at all. Rather it means that if you open 20 chests, and then open 200 more the bad luck in the first 20 will become less significant and over the larger sample size you'll get closer to the expectation value average. The problem with this in this case is opening 200 more = 50000 diamonds. Perhaps worse, 200 is still not necessarily enough to guarantee being close to that 20% rate - it might well be 2000 more before that's a guarantee. The vast majority of diamond players have no chance of 'fixing' bad luck with the law of large numbers as they're not interested in spending that much. They just want to spend a little more to get a little more. Yes for whales, just keep opening more and it'll work out is fine.
I realize what it means, not sure why you think it wouldn't apply here though. luck is just mystical thinking though and doesn't really mean anything. It's 20% so it's 20%, you'll draw closer to that on average over the long run, wikis graph exemplifies the concept quite well;
400px-Lawoflargenumbers.svg.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I realize what it means, not sure why you think it wouldn't apply here though. luck is just mystical thinking though and doesn't really mean anything. It's 20% so it's 20%, you'll draw closer to that on average over the long run, wikis graph exemplifies the concept quite well;
400px-Lawoflargenumbers.svg.png

Because the number of trials to get close enough is not realistic for most players. - Very few people are going to do 200 'trials' even in this event.

DeletedUser7942

Because the number of trials to get close enough is not realistic for most players. - Very few people are going to do 200 'trials' even in this event.
oh, well yes I agree, I'm addressing the idea that one should get something if they pay which undoubtedly one will if they pay enough.
If i were to spend 100 Euro on this event, i'd surely want to get something in return.
I believe you expressed the same here;
Yes for whales, just keep opening more and it'll work out is fine.

DeletedUser8901

They have a lot more moderate spenders than they do whales. Moderate spenders aren't going to be thrilled with the prospect of potentially not getting their money's worth.

Ofc you have more moderate spenders, yes but alot of them either Don't mind the Lootbox system or do mind but will continue to spend money anyway. You'd be surprised how little the population of people that will outright stop spending money would be. Therefore it's not of significance to InnoGames as they'd make more money this way.

I think your looking at this from more of a personal perspective and not a corporate perspective.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't have direct knowledge of what they do do - but i do know with more recent events more of them SAY they're skipping this event often because they either don't like the prizes or don't feel they're able to obtain enough for their money.

These are often longtime players of the game though - who have experience with events they were happy to spend on and draw comparisons to that. It's possible new players might be more willing to just accept that this is how you have to try to get stuff.

DeletedUser8901

I don't have direct knowledge of what they do do - but i do know with more recent events more of them SAY they're skipping this event often because they either don't like the prizes or don't feel they're able to obtain enough for their money.

These are often longtime players of the game though - who have experience with events they were happy to spend on and draw comparisons to that. It's possible new players might be more willing to just accept that this is how you have to try to get stuff.

Well InnoGames has all the numbers...if they were making less money, you'd think they'd do something about it. I know it doesn't sound like it, but I agree with a lot of your ideas, the main issue is I'm a realistic. I know what InnoGames would be, may be and won't be willing to consider to do, and a lot of what you and others are saying fall into the won't be willing to consider category.

DeletedUser

Moderate spenders aren't going to be thrilled with the prospect of potentially not getting their money's worth.

It's an event where desired rewards are based on percentages. Regardless of how much anyone spends, they go into that knowing this. So their 'Money's worth' as you said was never for a given prize, it was for more chances at it.
If you buy a lotto ticket do you only get your moneys worth if you win it? ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's an event where desired rewards are based on percentages. Regardless of how much anyone spends, they go into that knowing this. So their 'Money's worth' as you said was never for a given prize, it was for more chances at it.

I don't buy lotto tickets ;)

Expanding on this, people don't buy lottery tickets hoping for a little win, they buy them (with hopefully an insignificant portion of their income) hoping to win a million+ that will change their entire life. Drawing a comparison to crappy lootboxes is not really accurate. Even if you have the best luck ever spending a little bit of diamonds on the event is not going to change your entire game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Expanding on this, people don't buy lottery tickets hoping for a little win, they buy them (with hopefully an insignificant portion of their income) hoping to win a million+ that will change their entire life. Drawing a comparison to crappy lootboxes is not really accurate. Even if you have the best luck ever spending a little bit of diamonds on the event is not going to change your entire game.

Apples and oranges. Even if as you say they only buy the lotto ticket to win the big prize, do they question the odds and mechanics if they don't win? Not from my observations. If anything they buy another ticket for the next week.
Please don't misunderstand me playing devils advocate, I understand your point. I am just making the counterpoint that is technically as valid as yours :)

DeletedUser

It's an event where desired rewards are based on percentages.
and players hate that

in my country players in lotto NEVER gets what the money is worth ?
why ? because less than 50% paid into lottery goes to the winning pot
most of the rest are taxes.
so a dollar is worth less than 50 cents

playing roulette would be 100 times better than playing lotto
a dollar there is worth more than 95 cents

DeletedUser8168

I would just appreciate a little creative coding from the DEV's ...when a person takes a single attempt and doesn't get something in return or the prize they are seeking they go oh! well ! next time after about 5 Attempts the start getting depressed about their luckk 10 attempts they are now perturbed and getting angry at INNO for being caluos .....15 attempts they no their luck and that bad and are totally frustrated !
I thought the real Idea for creating a game and all the features was for entertainment purposes .....so what is entertaining about making folks go thru the stages of depression .....is INNO DEV's getting a big kick out of this ?? .
Now be creative ...once a player has so many attempts increase their chances to the point of giving it to them after all they put in the time and effort to do all the tasks associated to the attempt so give them a break !
Now my Complaint ! a non diamond player has a slim shot in hadies of getting more than one grand prise in this event ....come on be fair
and give us a little better options like a much lower amount for the first grandprise which is worthless to start with unless your a farmer at say 100 blossums and then 150 for the next and 200 for the next and so on !
Also what made the prior summer event better than this one was the interaction of aiding from friends and neighbors and guildie in creating additional trees around the city so the coding has already been done and simply needs to be reinserted

IF OTHER AGREE .....PLEASE LIKE so the points get noticed !!........................................................................................................

CCJ39

Farmer
I don't know if this was already reported on previous page, because I haven't read all of them, but there is a big problem with quest 18 for new players!

I started a few days after the event on beta and finally I'm now at the end of Bronze Age... I missed a few days of the event due to the fact it was necessary to research a special technology first, but then I was able to complete 17 quests... now on quest 18 I have to defeat 12 units or spend some goods to guild treasury... this is simply impossible for me, because I cannot beat the units on the continent map (due the other quests and main story I already own Badakus from Iron Age and have no chance to win in Paruuch)... in addition as Bronze Age player I cannot attack my neighbors and also cannot play in GE... so now way to defeat 12 units (or win battles in later quests)... spending to guild treasury is also not possible, because I cannot spend Bronze Age goods there (even if I also don't know how many "some" should be)... probably I cannot reach Iron Age early enough to have a chance to complete the event now, because I lose many days now on this quest :(

housemouse

Squire
@CCJ39
Don't worry, if you're only on the 17th task, you can't make it to the end. And there are more such tasks, where you then get stuck again. Inno will not change it!
Take a deep breath, let the event go! ;)

DeletedUser

I don't know if this was already reported on previous page, because I haven't read all of them, but there is a big problem with quest 18 for new players!

I started a few days after the event on beta and finally I'm now at the end of Bronze Age... I missed a few days of the event due to the fact it was necessary to research a special technology first, but then I was able to complete 17 quests... now on quest 18 I have to defeat 12 units or spend some goods to guild treasury... this is simply impossible for me, because I cannot beat the units on the continent map (due the other quests and main story I already own Badakus from Iron Age and have no chance to win in Paruuch)... in addition as Bronze Age player I cannot attack my neighbors and also cannot play in GE... so now way to defeat 12 units (or win battles in later quests)... spending to guild treasury is also not possible, because I cannot spend Bronze Age goods there (even if I also don't know how many "some" should be)... probably I cannot reach Iron Age early enough to have a chance to complete the event now, because I lose many days now on this quest :(
lol
that is too easy

DEFEAT 12 units
not win 12 battles

attack a sector. kill only ONE unit and then you can retreat. do it 12 times. done

maybe you are good enough to kill 3 units per battle. than it only takes 4 attacks