• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser1418

It is terribly crap, and getting worse by the day.... opened 2 expensive coffins.... 1 rogue and 1 watch-fire won. Whoo Hoo! Devs really need to explain why having seasonal events while chance is about 20% or less to get a building. Moreover: Grand Prize not seasonal - a big downer.
Anyway, I already quit playing on the main server about 3 months ago (event sickness) - soon I'll unplug the beta one...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So. 1200 lanterns earned as a total from event. Buying only chests for 60 lanterns, which would give me 20 flowers each, I will get ONE grand prize.

ONE. And it's not even shrine of knowledge, but only wishing well, which I won't use on my main world.

I am not even talking about luck of getting any upgrade kit, because I have no faith in it - not after failure with carnival event, where I got ONE shrine of knowlegde and ONE bridge upgrade after spending 5k diaxes on it.

Thank you, Inno, I spend much more time at Settlers now, where I do not feel treated as very stupid milking cow...

I have played this event up to about halfway stage. All lanterns have now been spent on the chests and I have received not a single garden component or upgrade. Very disappointing, probably the least fun event I have played in the last 2 years. Win percentages are too low, my inventory is full of useless boosts and motivation kits. There is a greater chance of winning a garden part in the Daily Challenge than in this event.
In my guild, several other players have experienced exactly the same disappointment.

DeletedUser8304

Hi, I am only up to quest 8 - research a technology or donate 520 goods to the guild treasury. I am at the end of the research tree for my era and the alternative is far too much for a player to donate, given that I also play the daily tasks and these regularly ask that goods be donated. It is not possible to play both and acquire goods to build GBs. The donate 520 goods is a more significant quest than any of the events in 2017.

DeletedUser6617

I´ve got 2 Kits until today and I am very disappointed about this event. No chance to get all the kits without buying a lot of diamonds. I see no motivation to play the event at the live server. For most of the players this will be the third event in this year, which demotivate them. Improve the chances to win the kits. Otherwise I think you can stop these kind of events because no one will play them. I´m playing since 4 years and the fun of the events is going to zero.

DeletedUser

remove luck and chests

evey player gets 10 tickets and they can chose which 10 kit they buy
so a player without anything can get a complete set to level 2 (or 2 at level 1)
(or if you think 10 is too much then 8. and in one year with another 8 that are 16 enough to have a full set at level 3)

players who have already something can decide if they want more buildings or level what they have

and for the future:
remove the luck. that makes it unfair
give everybody the same amount of good things

DeletedUser

and for the future:
remove the luck. that makes it unfair
give everybody the same amount of good things

Yeah, and make the sun rise at west...

They just trying to force EVERYONE in buying diamonds, not just these few, which want to have somenthing "more".

Buy diamonds or you have NOTHING FROM EVENT - that is their new motto for this year's events.

DeletedUser

the ones who want to have more still can buy more kits

buying more doesn't need luck

Febe16

Farmer
I'm an experienced player on B but here I'm a new player. I'm still in the iron age and most of my neighbors haven't unlocked PVP yet. So I can't fight them.
The quest in the spring event: Win 6 battles without losing or donate 200 goods to the guild treasury. Most of my neighbors are higher in the ranking than I am. Even with a bonus from the tavern I can't win 6 times without losing. And I can only donate goods from the iron age and not from the bronze age. This mission will take me days to get to the next one.

Miepie

Baronet
Maybe someone from inno can explain again why it was such a good idea to introduce a PvP tech hahaha. Small players who can't finisch DC, have difficulties with event missions, might it be the solution is worse than the original problem?

pros and cons
Being able to upgrade existing sets instead of getting something completely different - pro
Kits that let you have a level one or an upgrade - pro
In place upgrades that don't disrupt production - pro
Daily special being just kits and nothing else - con (in past events players have had the choice of going for a set or picking up other special buildings instead by just opening chests when they contained the desired prize. This is no longer an option as we now have to select a chest with a set piece as the main prize)
Grand prize not containing set pieces - con (we can no longer guarantee a full set even by spending diamonds)
rotating chests - con (whether we want to use a strategy of maximizing the chance of the daily special or of the grand prize we will often be forced to select a chest that is contrary to our preferred option as the chests that help aren't available. One layer of chance too many)
The event quests - pro (overall I have enjoyed playing this event, I think the challenges have been well balanced without being too hard or too easy [I know that early age players are having difficulty with some quests, but I can only comment from my perspective as an OF player]. I personally have no problem with option-less quests that force tech or map, as the whole concept of this game is to advance in technology and spread your empire across the continent map. I have worlds where I don't want to do tech or map and in those worlds I simply choose not to do them, but I accept that that is MY choice and not some evil ploy of inno's)
The odds of getting a full set - con (last year I had no trouble getting a full set with some of them being quest line prizes, this year when I want a full set of upgrades I believe the odds are against success)

DeletedUser

Maybe someone from inno can explain again why it was such a good idea to introduce a PvP tech hahaha. Small players who can't finisch DC, have difficulties with event missions, might it be the solution is worse than the original problem?

As far as I know the intent was to give newer players control over when they could be attacked and plundered. To give them time to build up some resources before choosing to become PvP active.

As far as I know the intent was to give newer players control over when they could be attacked and plundered. To give them time to build up some resources before choosing to become PvP active.
Sure it is very attractive to let then have to attack someone on DC (either they can't attack neighbours nor GEs) it is soo good "welcome" message....

Febe16

Farmer
Can somebody explain me then why some of my neighbors in the iron age who haven't unlocked PvP yet, appear in the PvP tower. I can't attack them but they are there.

DeletedUser4381

Can somebody explain me then why some of my neighbors in the iron age who haven't unlocked PvP yet, appear in the PvP tower. I can't attack them but they are there.

The tower includes Campaign battles on the map, as far as I'm aware.

Febe16

Farmer
Do you mean the continent map? Before I unlocked the PvP I couldn't attack the people in the tower. I always got the message that I had to unlock the PvP. There were no swords to click on in the neighbors tab and there was no option to attack or plunder them when I visited their cities.

qaccy

Emperor
Do you mean the continent map? Before I unlocked the PvP I couldn't attack the people in the tower. I always got the message that I had to unlock the PvP. There were no swords to click on in the neighbors tab and there was no option to attack or plunder them when I visited their cities.

Yes, the continent map. All battle points count for the applicable tower, regardless of whether you're attacking neighbors or not. Appearing on the Iron Age tower is as simple as unlocking THAT on the map (the tower itself) and then winning battles using Iron Age (or lower) units.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Apart from gaining PvP tower points on the campaign map they could also be fighting encounters in Guild Expeditions; both can be done without unlocking PvP battles.