• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
I think I'll go for Garden in my main. I don't think that blue attack is the defining factor here so...

I picked the Garden as my choice, too. Another thing I like for that branch is that it has a GOODS production balance. I get a collection of current and previous in a nicely balanced way.

Previous age goods (-1 to current age) are becoming more important in playing, so this help with that generation.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Someone before me posted a good table, to show average productions. I've remade it a little with the "lazy" matrices of 100 collections. To me the garden obviously offer a great gain over couples and marina. For the sacrifice of a large amount of selection kit :fragment: among some %:att_defender:. Personally I think the letter can be missed and recouped better elsewhere. To me the issue for the garden is the biased production in favour of BP's over fps and a bias towards selection kits:fragment:. This is theoretically offset by bigger productions once fps or finish special productions are hit. To me it's just not gonna cut it on live. Marina is imho better in looks but it's specs wont carry it far enough for me. Despite better fps yields, it's falling short in finishing special productions:fragment: which I value above fps. Thus my preference lend on couples.

Average production after 100 collections. As for the goods, those numbers for each individual collection.
Production:couplesGardenMarina
:forge_point:2k2,2k2,4K
:blueprint:500900700
Sel. Kit:fragment:300225325
F.sp..P:fragment:300325225
Production:Daily:Daily:Daily:
:goods:40-453050-60
:goods_previous:10-1520-30-
Boosts:
Buff:couplesGardenMarina
:att_attacker:14-34%19-39%-
:def_attacker:34-44%34-44%34-44%
:att_defender:15-25%-17-37%
:def_defender:39-59%39-59%39-59%

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The table below feature efficiency/square of the 2 side buildings. Keep in mind that they don't require a road, when comparing next to other building's efficiency.
Feta farmG G Gyros
:att_attacker:1,17 - 2.83%:def_attacker: 1 - 3,5%
:def_defender: 2 - 3,67%:att_defender: 1,25 - 3,75%
:forge_point: 1 - 1,33:forge_point: 1,25 - 1,75
:goods: 3,33 - 5:goods_previous: 2,5 - 5
:goods_guild: 3,33:coins:% 1,25 - 2,5%

Putting them next to each other, it appears to me both target different roles.

For a trader I would probably be leaning more towards the golden goal gyros. Mainly due to the decent :goods_previous:efficiency + superior fps efficiency. The current age goods can be mass produced by other buildings fairly easily. Though Feta farm's :goods_guild: production can prove to be strategically valuable. Despite the sacrifice of fp-efficiency.
The Feta farm is a great alternative on Watch fires and pirate outposts. While not only rivalling their efficiency, adding fps, goods and guild goods as a bonus. Quite a good choice for a fighter who does GE5 too and wants to improve %:def_defender: and fund the expeditions.
The golden goal gyros is a great alternative on sentinel outposts and tacticus towers. While also offering better fp-efficiency than Feta farms and prev. age goods and for what's worth it a coin boost.

Imho both offer a different option for fighters and (parttime) negotiating players. Both bring food for thought to the table. To me both offer good utility. Personally I'm favouring golden goal gyros. As my valuation for %:att_def_defender: is lower than my valuation of %:att_def_attacker:. To me %:def_attacker: is a bit better than %:att_attacker: to counter hostile keen eye (AO+keen eye is my alternative over %:att_attacker: stacking). While guild goods are certainly more valuable than coin boosts. As my arc provides enough + some other special buildings. Both more fps and prev. age goods are imho better than less fps and current age goods. This is just a personal preference ofc.

In conclusion, I think the garden and Marina both target something else. Garden offers mostly a good balance between fps, lots of BP's, a good balance in goods and slightly more finishing special productions. Compared to the other buildings. At the costs of the side buildings and some %:att_defender:. Overall a great choice imo. The Marina appears to sacrifice %:att_attacker:,:goods_previous: and a steep drop of special productions. It's a quite decent choice when maxing out fps with a generous amount of BP's. While the couples appear to not sacrifice much across the board. Except for a drop in fps and bd's.

Personally I favour all that this building has to offer. Though as I'm still developing my city to improve its efficiency, my choice is couples. It's however a close call from the garden. Due to it's strong production potential. The side buildings may devalue quickly due to power leap from upcoming side buildings. For this reason I think garden is offering the best long-term value and adaptability due to its theoretically superior finish special productions items production.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Feta Farm > Golden Goal Gyros imo, but if you're going to wind up with a *lot* of them becoming the primary building of your city, you probably actually want equal-ish numbers as the Feta Farm has a glaring hole that the other building provides.

My "point" breakdown for the two (with what I'm currently using to set the "standard" = 1.0 efficiency unless otherwise mentioned)

Feta Farm – SAT Raw​
Feta Farm – SAT Eff​
Golden Goal Gyros – SAT Raw​
Golden Goal Gyros – SAT Eff​
Standard​
Overall Score​
4.27​
3.47​
Size​
6​
5​
FP​
8​
0.93​
7​
0.97​
Grilling Grove​
FP(forgotten)​
2​
0.23​
1​
0.14​
Treasury Goods​
20​
0.50​
Elephant’s Bazaar​
Goods​
30​
1.00​
20​
0.80​
Feta Farm/Hidden Goods​
Att/AttA​
17​
1.00​
Feta Farm​
Def/AttA​
14​
0.70​
Sentinel Outpost​
Att/DefA​
15​
0.75​
Tactician Tower​
Def/DefA​
22​
0.61​
Watchfire​
Coin %​
10​
0.11​
Buccaneer’s Bay (0.25 Eff)​

So if you're making a city of mass feta farms, you probably want some gyros to fill in the hole - unless you have other buildings to fill in the hole, like a whole lot of Buccaneer's Bay perhaps.

And for the main building versions:

Aegean Couples Resort – SAT Raw​
Aegean Couples Resort – SAT Eff​
Aegean Garden Resort – SAT Raw​
Aegean Garden Resort – SAT Eff​
Aegean Marina Resort – SAT Raw​
Aegean Marina Resort – SAT Eff​
Standard​
Overall Score​
3.97​
3.89​
3.69​
Size​
20​
20​
20​
FP​
20​
0.70​
22​
0.77​
24​
0.83​
Grilling Grove​
FP(Forgotten)​
4​
0.14​
4.5​
0.16​
4.5​
0.16​
Goods​
60​
0.60​
60​
0.60​
60​
0.60​
Feta Farm/Hidden Goods​
Att/AttA​
34​
0.60​
39​
0.69​
Feta Farm​
Def/AttA​
44​
0.55​
44​
0.55​
44​
0.55​
Sentinel Outpost​
Att/DefA​
25​
0.31​
37​
0.46​
Tactician Tower​
Def/DefA​
59​
0.49​
59​
0.49​
59​
0.49​
Watchfire​
Blueprints​
5​
0.13​
9​
0.23​
7​
0.18​
Jester’s Stage (0.25 Eff)​
Building Production​
0.59​
0.23​
0.44​
0.17​
0.64​
0.25​
Aegean Marina (0.25 Eff)​
Finish Special Production​
0.10​
0.22​
0.11​
0.24​
0.08​
0.16​
Jester’s Stage (0.62 Eff)​

Explaining the building production raw value: it's measure in "free tiles per day". Take the feta farm for instance: at 4.27 efficiency I treat it as 3.27*6 = 19.62 free tiles. so 3% of 19.62 = 0.589, the raw value used for building production on the couples retreat.

I currently cap building production at 0.25 because generally it's better to already have good buildings than be waiting for something to make good buildings - so I don't want to let making a good building alone become too dominant in the valuation of a building. Also while the building it makes is worth 19.62 squares now, that will decrease over time - sometimes drastically. The nutcracker used to be worth a good number of free squares (somewhere around 8) - now it's worth a meagre 2.1 and you just want 15 of them for logistical reasons for certain strategies needing a lot of aid - not to tile them en masse. As we've still not seen a sign of the slowing of power creep (soccer buildings are, once again, the newest bestest ever buildings by a significant margin), one doesn't want to put *too much* stock in the future-growth value provided by a building.

Finish Special Production I have a weird cap for because I took a different approach than just putting a cap at 0.25, which is what I usually do for stats I think should have value but don't want to let have full-weight - I basically set that 1 finish special production has the "tile value" of the biggest collection I've scored so far for a collectible building, which happens to be the Aegean Marina which makes 43.71 tiles worth of collectibles in total (based on the weights). This is in fact an understatement if you have huge chain buildings you collect. But it seems a fair place to start for "typical" use (maybe even a bit high if you like to use your finishes on something like the trailside smithy or flowering bougainvillea because while they're quite nice 1-ofs, you do need like 75 finishes to squirt out a fully upgraded building - and their other collectibles aren't that high compared to a bigger building)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The road connection requirement on the Gyros slipped by in my valuation. Still I value it as a strong building, just not as strong as expected. The feta farms are definitely able to switch out some chain buildings’ “chains.” Personally though I still valued them as good buildings to switching out older buildings. Golden goal gyros still takes the lead. As nutcrackers are still rolling out my chocolate factory. They can be put in good use elsewhere in parallel. Switching out what the Feta farms will later be able to take over comfortably. Following the lead of the couples variant.
Personally I still think generally speaking that gardens have the most long-term value. Sacrificing the production of feta farms/golden goal gyros in favour of everything else. Which imho is more suitable for the rapid power leap. I’m sure that something ways better than feta farms rolls around before they’re time to shine has come for most. For that reason I believe that the garden is for most the superior option. With a slightly higher productivity of instant special productions, it value may improves with power leap. Due to a higher value for that item over time (ever greater event building’s production in the future).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The road connection requirement on the Gyros slipped by in my valuation. Still I value it as a strong building, just not as strong as expected. The feta farms are definitely able to switch out some chain buildings’ “chains.” Personally though I still valued them as good buildings to switching out older buildings. Golden goal gyros still takes the lead. As nutcrackers are still rolling out my chocolate factory. They can be put in good use elsewhere in parallel. Switching out what the Feta farms will later be able to take over comfortably. Following the lead of the couples variant.
Personally I still think generally speaking that gardens have the most long-term value. Sacrificing the production of feta farms/golden goal gyros in favour of everything else. Which imho is more suitable for the rapid power leap. I’m sure that something ways better than feta farms rolls around before they’re time to shine has come for most. For that reason I believe that the garden is for most the superior option. With a slightly higher productivity of instant special productions, it value may improves with power leap. Due to a higher value for that item over time (ever greater event building’s production in the future).
Mostly I'd treat the building selection, assuming you're only getting 1, as a gamble on how much the defending army will matter to you in the next year.

Couples being the safe bet - almost as good as either of the others even if things wind up tilting on you, not awful at either type of production either (buildings or finishes).

Garden being the "I'll eventually have enough for GE5 and this defense fad will fade" bet (or the I won't bother with GE5 or anything else that requires defending stats ever bet :p)

and Marina being "soon the defending army will be more important than the attacking army!" bet.

They're all solid buildings though that you shouldn't go so far as to regret having though. Even if you end up wishing you made a different choice.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Mostly I'd treat the building selection, assuming you're only getting 1, as a gamble on how much the defending army will matter to you in the next year.

Couples being the safe bet - almost as good as either of the others even if things wind up tilting on you, not awful at either type of production either (buildings or finishes).

Garden being the "I'll eventually have enough for GE5 and this defense fad will fade" bet (or the I won't bother with GE5 or anything else that requires defending stats ever bet :p)

and Marina being "soon the defending army will be more important than the attacking army!" bet.

They're all solid buildings though that you shouldn't go so far as to regret having though. Even if you end up wishing you made a different choice.
Same, in my validation it’s assumed you can only get 1 maxed out. Based off what each choice does offer, pick wisely. To me it’s mostly like this in regards of boosts:

Garden: either already have enough %:att_defender: for GE5 or don’t care enough about the offered amount of boost specifically. While chasing down better overall productions. Particularly bps and a good amount of fps. Betting on better side buildings later down the road.

Marina: fps and %:att_def_defender: are the most important. Besides those the side buildings are offering better value than finishing special productions. While also :goods_previous: doesn’t carry as much weight compared to its other productions.

Couples: it’s all nearly equally important or can’t choose in making compromises. A steady production alternating between each option equally and very decent %:att_def_attacker_defender: is great.

Golden goal gyros can be a decent replacement for stages of ages. As it offers better efficiency for :goods_previous: production. However it’ll switch %:att_attacker: to %:def_attacker:. As the stages of ages improves attack and gyros defence. Besides that improving fp-production efficiency. Another benefit on is an additional amount of %:att_defender:.

Feta farms could replace quite a number of chain buildings. Offering better %:att_attacker: efficiency and offering some decently efficient productions.

Personally I can’t switch out old stuff for the new faster than it comes out. For this reason I value couples slightly above garden. This is just in the position that I am. For those in a position where replacing old stuff isn’t interesting, garden is the best. As it offers the best long term value in its production. Relying on boosts won’t carry a building far anymore due to power leap. Offering something unique or valuable does. In this regards garden secures for now it’s future better than couples and Marina.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
No achievement at the end of the quests :(

[EDIT] - got the achievement, but didn't get the popup.

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
I have 1 day 8 hours left, is this correct? I would imagine we get another daily special but I don't want to lose out spending my keys.

CDmark

Baronet
so the 8
Yes, this is correct. Today is the last full day of the event, it will end tomorrow morning CET.
so the 8 hours extra, no new DS? I know in live servers we get those extra hours. I am not sure about beta. I know there was a time clock problem a couple of events ago. I just dont want it to go poof on me when the 1 day is up.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
so the 8

so the 8 hours extra, no new DS? I know in live servers we get those extra hours. I am not sure about beta. I know there was a time clock problem a couple of events ago. I just dont want it to go poof on me when the 1 day is up.
Yes, there will be one more daily special and reset of board costs and double-chest value

Havik79

Baronet
To use a line from Homer in an old episode of the Simpsons regarding the event rewards, "those were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked, they sure did suck ".

CDmark

Baronet
Well, I was hoping everyone would get at least one 500 ball incident, I didn't, lots of 20's I think 1-100 as of yesterday. Well, it just hit. The problem now, how to spend it. Getting it at the end really leaves less options, can only do 160 game +100, 2 times. I could have distributed the balls better had it been earlier, but hey, I did get it. Now that we get one more reset, I can use it tonight.

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
Yes, unfortunately, the daily prizes were not as good as in the Anniversary Event, and I was kinda expecting the Epic Soccer 2023 Selection Kit to be on the last day of the event, as usual, not on the 4th day...

Anyway, even tho I was a bit frustrated for having to play the same minigame as we did in the Anniversary event, the rewards were too good to be missed so I played after all, but I really hope Inno will stop doing this.

I managed to get an Aegean Resort Golden Upgrade kit and a Wisteria Windmill Golden Upgrade Kit, without spending any diamonds. I also got a fully upgraded Celtic Farmstead, which from all the daily prizes, looked the best to me, the Winter Canal being the second, and I did try to get one Winter Canal too, but I was very unlucky with the daily prizes, I got many Epic Soccer 2023 Selection Kits instead from completely finishing the board many times and in the 4th day of the event, enough to be able to build the Wisteria Windmill as well.

I ended up in the Amateur League with 3320 points, the minimum for Bronze at this moment being 3362, couldn't do much about that.

Last edited:

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
I do have a question tho, about the Aegean Resort, because I didn't pay attention, does it gives the current building era Blueprints or from the current till Bronze Age era Blueprints? For example, now I am in the PE Era, will my Aegean Couples Resort building give me only PE Blueprints, or is it like in GE where you will get Blueprints from Bronze Age till your Current Age?

SirAlucard

Steward
Well, this felt, like I expected, like a kick into the face. There are too many random factors involved to make this enjoyable. I did follow the best strategy, but still didn't manage to gain enough points for any of the golden upgrade kits. And I show you why:
Such variety.PNG
I had so few incidents during the whole event, that I maybe gained 400 additional balls. In addition, most of the DCs gave me the blue or red badge, only one or two times the yellow. Then there was the factor with how unbalanced the halfed badges got placed on each field. The worst factor was 6/5 for red, 5/6 for blue and 8/2 for yellow. How should I gain anything, if such BS happens. And no, I didn't skip a day. I logged in daily, I did every DC and opened at least one chest daily for the double points.

TL;DR, too many random aspects (incidents, DC, the "player field" in placement, the "players" you buy and the costs of the chests), that kill the enjoyment of an event. I stand by my point, that I made at the start of the event: worst decision of Inno, ever. You will definitely earn well deserved negativ feedback, if this goes live.