• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Juber remember to adjust in the news

If people look there, they get confused and there are still many who have difficulty understanding it. This below is old info:

Screenshot%202023-06-28%20113133.png

Spawn and merge the players​

icon_soccer_footballs.png
When the event kicks off, follow the markers to complete the training section. This will introduce you to the mechanics of this year's event!. Once the tutorial is complete, you will gain access to a pitch full of players. Most of these players will be locked in place by netting. To activate the player, you need to spawn another player of the same type and merge them.
Click on the Spawner
image-2023-6-27_12-8-17.png

button to pay 10 footballs and spawn a player. You can then use this player to activate and free a locked player of the same type. Merging players will level them up and increase their star rating. Every new merge with a locked player will also get you a small reward and Grand Prize progress. The higher the star rating of the player, the bigger the reward!
Note: players will get you different types of reward depending on their type. Check out the Cheat Sheet under the board to see which rewards you can get!

Convert players into badges​

There are three types of player: Attacker, Midfielder and Defender. Each locked player will also come with a badge part: either a left or right part. Pay close attention to these when you are choosing which players to merge! If you merge two players with badge parts, those parts will be combined into a full badge. But remember - to make a full badge you need to merge a left part and a right part, as well as matching the type of player.
AttackerMidfielderDefender
soccer_player_attacker_1.png

image-2023-6-27_12-30-21.png
soccer_player_midfielder_1.png

image-2023-6-27_12-17-41.png
soccer_player_defender_1.png

image-2023-6-27_12-36-6.png
image-2023-6-27_14-22-16.png

Each merge you make will add a star to the star rating of the player. Build your players up to 4 stars to gain the maximum amount of 3 badges
The announcement will be adjusted of course, latest for the live announcement :)

Sinitar

Regent
You get 10020 currency from tasks.
  • 110 from start
  • 1680 (21x80) for daily free currency
  • 3060 (34x90) for the rush quests
  • 3570 (21x170) for the daily quests
  • 1600 from milestones.
And it's not impossible to do 50 progress. That number factors in the progress you gain from the badges you win from that game. I'm averaging about 17 badges per game, so assuming 1.35 progress per badge, that's 23 progress. Add that to your average progress/game from merging, which for me is about 27.5, and you get the average total progress/game is 50.
I didn't considered that we have 6 tasks less than anniversary...
so 90x6 = - 540

But we have 22 daily free currency(the latests hours considered as an another day)... 80 x 22 = 1760 ...Total are 10100
but I don't understand your way to see since maxed progress from a table varies each time Screenshot_9.png

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The announcement will be adjusted of course, latest for the live announcement :)
Myself expecting few more changes still since mobile view shapes and icons are still painful to differentiate and play.

Stars, shapes and small icons and green field combining together looking the mobile for more than 30 seconds getting little headache with eyes paining slightly. This is very serious issue, please inform Dev's to give something bigger and good color combinations on the event.

Kronan

Viceroy
When to call it quits on a board? Sometimes it's easy...

It was disappointing the board had to be abandoned so soon after paying for it.

RED and BLUE are BOTH locked against further progress, so it's not advisable to just chase YELLOW.

1688837522241.png

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I didn't considered that we have 6 tasks less than anniversary...
so 90x6 = - 540

But we have 22 daily free currency(the latests hours considered as an another day)... 80 x 22 = 1760 ...Total are 10100
but I don't understand your way to see since maxed progress from a table varies each time View attachment 9912
I'm not using the helper. I'm using a spreadsheet and tracking my results. As per the 22 days, yes, that helps too. But once again, I'm doing assumptions such that not everyone will be on for the last 4.5 hours and so won't benefit from that at all. There's plenty of ways to get more progress than the baseline that I provided. Not the max, but the min.

Most players won't be using the helper, and so to give advice that's based on you having to use a third party tool isn't an option imo. If you have the helper use it, but most players don't.

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
I'm not using the helper. I'm using a spreadsheet and tracking my results. As per the 22 days, yes, that helps too. But once again, I'm doing assumptions such that not everyone will be on for the last 4.5 hours and so won't benefit from that at all. There's plenty of ways to get more progress than the baseline that I provided. Not the max, but the min.

Most players won't be using the helper, and so to give advice that's based on you having to use a third party tool isn't an option imo. If you have the helper use it, but most players don't.
Again, i showed foe helper only for the information and I still using in this event.. In Anniversary never used it;only the MooingCat's information site and from an another player

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
I don't mind either long slow paced minigames, or fast ones, as long as they are fun and rewarding, but this one, even if the rewards are actually really good, is kinda dumb. Last year's 10th Anniversary Event was really fun but this year's one wasn't, and I don't like repetitiveness either. We already had this event once this year, and the same goes with the St. Patrick's Day Event, you forced us to play St. Patrick's Day Event twice this year too, which wasn't fun. I for once was waiting excitedly for the Soccer Cup Event, thinking it will be the same as the last year's one. And again, I don't dislike improvements or changes but where is the fun in combining some badges with an empty or full icon? I bet even a 4th grader would consider this boring. Please, if you do want to change the events, at least do some more challenging ones.

CDmark

Baronet
When you finally figure out exactly how to use helper, it is a great tool. It tracks your progress points and badges as you spawn. To spawn another player, it gives you a range of what you can possibly get (progress and badges). While spawning you can see your progress increase then it starts to level off and become a loss. Then, it has a new window you can launch with Mooingcats exact instructions, step by step. With the new badge design, core/frame which is much better than left and right, just optically easier, I go thru a game in about 2 minutes.

My games take longer here bcs I am a newer Iron age player and I am able to get coin/supply/occasional FP RQs, 10+ per game, which is a nice side benefit for the extra goods. Blue badges reward lots of supplies, Yellow badges reward coin so you can do the unbirthday RQ every loop, that's why it is 10+. On the live server I wouldn't do that because I don't need it.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
When you finally figure out exactly how to use helper, it is a great tool. It tracks your progress points and badges as you spawn. To spawn another player, it gives you a range of what you can possibly get (progress and badges). While spawning you can see your progress increase then it starts to level off and become a loss. Then, it has a new window you can launch with Mooingcats exact instructions, step by step. With the new badge design, core/frame which is much better than left and right, just optically easier, I go thru a game in about 2 minutes.

My games take longer here bcs I am a newer Iron age player and I am able to get coin/supply/occasional FP RQs, 10+ per game, which is a nice side benefit for the extra goods. Blue badges reward lots of supplies, Yellow badges reward coin so you can do the unbirthday RQ every loop, that's why it is 10+. On the live server I wouldn't do that because I don't need it.
Oh I know how to use it - just not a fan of doing so. I'm faster without the solver, and I get the same results anyways.

CDmark

Baronet
Oh I know how to use it - just not a fan of doing so. I'm faster without the solver, and I get the same results anyways.
Not you, others that may have problems with the minigame. Funny thing, after I wrote it, I read it and thought "hope Uber doesn't think it was for him", could be interpreted that way but i was too tired to edit it. But seriously, those have problems making pairs, it is really a great tool if you are on PC.

Kronan

Viceroy
Anyone care to detail what their Aegean branching choice will be, and succinctly - why? I'll assume for the moment that most players will get the "GOLD LEVEL" (aka level 10, etc).

Please also tell us your era? There is a lot to consider in all the choices we've been presented with for the GOLDEN level Aegean.

This decision isn't so easy, so looking for a discussion on the features people want the most...

Here's Juber's post with the ACTUAL stats of each building:

Here's the static view, with stat focus and ranges:

Aegean Resort - Lv. 9 (4x5)Aegean Couples Resort (4x5)Aegean Garden Resort (4x5)Aegean Marina Resort (4x5)
W_SS_MultiAge_CUP23A9%20Kopie.png
W_SS_MultiAge_CUP23A10a%20Kopie.png
W_SS_MultiAge_CUP23A10b%20Kopie.png
FishingVillage_4k%20Kopie.png
  • Boosts:
    • 20-30% Defense for Attacking army
    • 20-40% Defense for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 30 Forge Points (50%) / 6 Blueprints (50%)
    • 2 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (50%) / 2 Finish Special Production fragments (50%)
  • No road connection required
  • Boosts:
    • 34-44% Defense for Attacking army
    • 14-34% Attack for Attacking army
    • 39-59% Defense for Defending army
    • 15-25% Attack for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
    • 10-15 of one Good
    • 10-15 Goods from the previous era
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 40 Forge Points (50%) / 10 Blueprints (50%)
    • 6 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (50%) / 6 Finish Special Production fragments (50%)
  • Boosts:
    • 19-39% Attack for Attacking army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
    • 20-30 Goods from the previous era
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 88 Forge Points (25%) / 12 Blueprints (75%)
    • 3 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (75%) / 13 Finish Special Production fragments (25%)
  • Boosts:
    • 17-37% Attack for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
    • 20-30 of one Good
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 32 Forge Points (75%) / 28 Blueprints (25%)
    • 13 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (25%) / 3 Finish Special Production fragments (75%)

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Anyone care to detail what their Aegean branching choice will be, and succinctly - why? I'll assume for the moment that most players will get the "GOLD LEVEL" (aka level 10, etc).

Please also tell us your era? There is a lot to consider in all the choices we've been presented with for the GOLDEN level Aegean.

This decision isn't so easy, so looking for a discussion on the features people want the most...

Main World (SAM, likely headed to titan) that does GE5 and would like to negotiate less of it: Couples Retreat. It's the most balanced of the 3 featuring all 4 army boosts, 2nd best creation-rate of both the finish special and the sub-building. Only significant downside is less blueprints, which isn't a priority for that world.

Worlds that aren't worried about GE5: Garden Retreat. Don't care about defending army stats so the extra 5% attack for attacking army is appreciated. Also like that it gives the most blueprints for my laziest worlds.

If you're all-in on improving your defending army, then Marina is of interest - but generally I'm trying to get there with balanced buildings rather than having dedicated defending army buildings, on the live worlds that are trying to get there at least.

Kronan

Viceroy
Main World (SAM, likely headed to titan) that does GE5 and would like to negotiate less of it: Couples Retreat. It's the most balanced of the 3 featuring all 4 army boosts, 2nd best creation-rate of both the finish special and the sub-building. Only significant downside is less blueprints, which isn't a priority for that world.

Worlds that aren't worried about GE5: Garden Retreat. Don't care about defending army stats so the extra 5% attack for attacking army is appreciated. Also like that it gives the most blueprints for my laziest worlds.

If you're all-in on improving your defending army, then Marina is of interest - but generally I'm trying to get there with balanced buildings rather than having dedicated defending army buildings, on the live worlds that are trying to get there at least.

Thank you @xivarmy - I'm going to study your ideas for what I will achieve here in beta, but more to an eye for what I can achieve in live. I'm leaning toward your thoughts on Garden retreat, and will take another more focused look at that, as here in beta I play in the IA, and struggle to fight as strongly (or at all) in GE 5, vs the other more mainstream AA (attacking army) choices.

.Chris

Baronet
Personally I do enjoy those additional minigames.
However it swung from "it's the same old accumulate currency and spend it on the DS you like" in EVERY event to "play the minigame daily to have a chance for the main building" in (almost) EVERY event.
Variety is the spice of life.

I still want to know what a Greek island has to do with the Soccer Cup. Let's just rename the whole event something like "Greek Island Holiday" and drop any reference to footie.

Still not sure any of the buildings are worth the effort to get them, though. I'm not taking out a mortgage to play a game - and with 14 worlds, the price is just too high. Even one pay line would be too much for many players, so clearly the accountants had a big hand in this event. Sorry Inno, you're just p*ssing off your customers.

CDmark

Baronet

Here's Juber's post with the ACTUAL stats of each building:

Here's the static view, with stat focus and ranges:

Aegean Resort - Lv. 9 (4x5)Aegean Couples Resort (4x5)Aegean Garden Resort (4x5)Aegean Marina Resort (4x5)
W_SS_MultiAge_CUP23A9%20Kopie.png
W_SS_MultiAge_CUP23A10a%20Kopie.png
W_SS_MultiAge_CUP23A10b%20Kopie.png
FishingVillage_4k%20Kopie.png
  • Boosts:
    • 20-30% Defense for Attacking army
    • 20-40% Defense for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 30 Forge Points (50%) / 6 Blueprints (50%)
    • 2 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (50%) / 2 Finish Special Production fragments (50%)
  • Boosts:
    • 14-34% Attack for Attacking army
    • 15-25% Attack for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
    • 10-15 of one Good
    • 10-15 Goods from the previous era
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 40 Forge Points (50%) / 10 Blueprints (50%)
    • 6 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (50%) / 6 Finish Special Production fragments (50%)
  • Boosts:
    • 19-39% Attack for Attacking army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
    • 20-30 Goods from the previous era
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 88 Forge Points (25%) / 12 Blueprints (75%)
    • 3 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (75%) / 13 Finish Special Production fragments (25%)
  • Boosts:
    • 17-37% Attack for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 30 Goods
    • 20-30 of one Good
  • Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 32 Forge Points (75%) / 28 Blueprints (25%)
    • 13 Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit fragments (25%) / 3 Finish Special Production fragments (75%)
Iron Age, newer player in beta but growing
When I finally applied all the %'s and got myself the average daily collection numbers, I saw the following (C=couples, G=Garden, M=Marina, *=applies to all ages))

Starting with Motivated production
FP* C=20, G=22, M=24
Medd/Spec* C=3/3, G=2.25/3.25, M=3.25/2.25
BPs don't care, didn't calculate

So, being new FP's always important, FP M is the better one, like the 3/3 M/S fragments from C

Goods, well not important for me, really for iron age, it comes down to 10 vs 20 previous era goods but I post trades, got a few hidden goods working and don't plan to do lots of negos, so all 3 are fine. BUT, new GBs require goods, so a Titan player may consider the Marina bcs more current age goods.

Now the fun part, Military

C is most balanced, RED-15A/34D BLUE-15A/40D
G +5%A RED, NO BLUE A RED-20A/34D BLUE-40D
M NO RED A, +3% BLUE A RED-34D BLUE-18A/40D

I like C here.

Overall, Couples wins for me. I found one thing interesting (forget FP/goods)

CvsG 5% red A = 15% blue A
C is 5% less red A but 15% more blue A, all ages

CvsM 15% red A = 3% blue A
C is 15% more red A but 3% less blue A, not all ages, it varies Titan it is 34% more red A and 12% less blue A

BUT

GvsM 20% red A = 18% blue A Iron Age 39% red A = 37% blue A Titan

Dursland

Merchant
Hope to see future golden upgrades for buildings we'll actually have in our cities.

Heroes Tavern and Governor's Villa were good ones but most people had deleted their Windmills and Athlon Abbeys by now.

Fiore Village, Abandoned Asylum, House of Horrors, Tarot Card Caravans are among recent buildings that badly need upgrades to stay competitive.