• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

You do understand that this may say not only (not so much) the event is simple? It says more about how few players care about the golden league
To me the reply sounded sarcastic.

I didn't care about the leauge, I mean it's what the top 20% of players anyway, most people (80%) won't reach that. But I was one whole item away from the gold upgrade to the building which did irate me.

Astrid

Baronet
You do understand that this may say not only (not so much) the event is simple? It says more about how few players care about the golden league
No, they just don't know how to play it, at least in the anniversary many had issues understanding it and by the time some of them got it right, they already made too many mistakes to even qualify for silver. If people wouldn't care, all golden leagues were reachable without spending diamonds.

Astrid

Baronet
Overall I have mixed feelings about this event, the prizes are quite ok I suppose(even though I don't like the designs / theme at all), I don't like the merge game at all(but I got gold league in most of my secondary towns with no diamonds) but I like that the event is quite short :)))

CrashBoom

Legend
Overall I have mixed feelings about this event, the prizes are quite ok I suppose(even though I don't like the designs / theme at all), I don't like the merge game at all(but I got gold league in most of my secondary towns with no diamonds) but I like that the event is quite short :)))
those on live where in the anniversary event where the gold league gave one level of Key Master's Workshop
without buying the premium pass that doesn't even produce fragments

in this event you get a building that produces 20 !!! fragments per day
and Blue Galaxy and finish special productions are more profitable for a 20 fragments buildings

and this building is unique: gold league only. not from premium pass (Key Master's Workshop) or buying treasure maps (summer event)

so I expect it will be much more difficult to get into gold league on live worlds
maybe impossible without diamonds

Emberguard

Emperor
People can reach gold league by spending diamonds only. Is this statement a valid one?
Only 1% of players will reach Gold no matter what.

That means even if we say "yes", even if hypothetically no one in the entire game spent diamonds or paid money, 99% of free-to-play would still never reach it anyway.

Hypothetically though.... yeah, you "could" reach Gold with free-to-play. Though it may depend on what world and server you play on.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
For reference, this is the distribution of leagues across many game worlds from many regions. The lowest was Japan, highest was us29.
1690198639543.png

AmateurBronzeSilverGold
Average152299841545246

So when factoring in what the leagues will look like in this event, you have to remember that players will be better at this event since last time and the gold league is more valuable.

CrashBoom

Legend
so what is the better strategy when planing to spending diamonds for gold league
4 boards per day, 160 energy per board (780 per day, 17160 footballs)
5 boards per day, 100 energy per board (800 per day, 17600 footballs)
or something different ?

Kronan

Viceroy
could be funny to see how you reached 500 points less than me that I bought 1640 soccer balls and max 500 from incidents

Seems like the math works - he got 5 incidents of 500 = 2500

You spent to get 1640 + got lucky for 1 @ 500 = 2140.
That's pretty close to say "parity"... both in gold. Other incidents aren't accounted for, so I'd say you're clearly both winners.
I didn't do as well as @Ironrooster for 5 x 500's, but did touch the GOLD level 1 time, 2 days before the event ended (mostly from a few of those 500 valued incidents myself...), then of course, couldn't keep up with the spenders and fell back to silver as all the real money started pouring in.

Kronan

Viceroy
Just curious to know.

People can reach gold league by spending diamonds only. Is this statement a valid one?

Yes, I'm a poster child ;) for doing that...(read on)...

I touched gold 1 time, (actually pushed up the level by a few point, too), then fell back. Didn't spend diamonds to do that, it came solely on the back of being lucky with multiple high valued incidents and the playing style I used, as well.

As I stated, I couldn't stay in GOLD by continuing to do well (luck and skill), but I did touch it and push it up a bit by being in it - no diamonds spent to do that. If I wanted to keep staying in it to the final curtain call, it would have taken diamonds... more than I have here in beta.

Our fortune may not follow us to live in that regard, though (to @Sinitar's point).

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
No, they just don't know how to play it, at least in the anniversary many had issues understanding it and by the time some of them got it right, they already made too many mistakes to even qualify for silver. If people wouldn't care, all golden leagues were reachable without spending diamonds.
Do you think most FOE players are degenerates? Unlikely. All these minigames are primitive. It's just that few people are interested in it here. If it was interesting, then people would play the original "Three in a row" and etc, and not in FOE.
In this case, it's not just that the event as a whole is boring and tedious. But that you can get a complete building without chasing rewards from the league.

Owl II

Emperor
To me the reply sounded sarcastic.

I didn't care about the leauge, I mean it's what the top 20% of players anyway, most people (80%) won't reach that. But I was one whole item away from the gold upgrade to the building which did irate me.
I don't know why you're so unlucky. I got all three gold ups and quit playing a few days before the finals. I just forgot about it...

Sinitar

Regent
Seems like the math works - he got 5 incidents of 500 = 2500

You spent to get 1640 + got lucky for 1 @ 500 = 2140.
Wrong, i gained a total of 500 not taked a x1 500
touch the GOLD level 1 time, 2 days before the event ended (mostly from a few of those 500 valued incidents myself...), then of course, couldn't keep up with the spenders and fell back to silver as all the real money started pouring in.

As you can view, when I posted those operations I was already in gold league means near at 3500 progress reached https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/soccer-cup-2023.16371/post-159645
I did 18 daily challenge of 20 total so an extra of 162 casualy pieces to spend for chests where I spent everything remaining with none excess of 1 category exist
If in anniversary I reached 5606 progress(the other world -200 progress since no bonus currency from newsletter) with no x500 valued per time but only x100 sometimes, you think I'm not able to reach gold in my world? and this with 0 diamonds spent in anniversary
Screenshot_18.png

Last edited:

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
Hey, I've got the Aegean Couples Resort this event and so far I've got only the 10 blueprints as a reward and never the 40 FP. Is this happening to anybody else, is this a bug? I use the Collect All option but I don't think that matters, when I look in my FoE Helper Production Overview, the Aegean Couples Resort is never there, and it should be the first if/when producing FP, since it starts with an A. (Make sure the building is motivated first, before checking, please)

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
Hey, I've got the Aegean Couples Resort this event and so far I've got only the 10 blueprints as a reward and never the 40 FP. Is this happening to anybody else, is this a bug? I use the Collect All option but I don't think that matters, when I look in my FoE Helper Production Overview, the Aegean Couples Resort is never there, and it should be the first if/when producing FP, since it starts with an A. (Make sure the building is motivated first, before checking, please)
I think you're only unlucky
Screenshot_27.png