• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

really ??

attacker see the fight result
next time he knows what that opponent has (at least he could if he writes it down)

defender gets a message in the log (that is much worse then neighborhood battles where he could watch the fight)

so it was never fair

attacker: can select different units for each fight and from 2nd fight he could know what the defender has
defender: uses the same units against all attackers and not even knowing after the fight why he even lost

in neighborhood battles after getting plundered I watch the replay and could change the defense to surprise the attacker once and hope that make him lose the next fight (but he already adjusts in future attacks)

you are saying one would sit and write each opponent army that he might not see in his attack list again for months? come on...

this pvp arena is really flawed.... however apparently a correct strategy would be to change def army on daily basis, maybe even few times a day

CrashBoom

Legend
you are saying one would sit and write each opponent army that he might not see in his attack list again for months? come on...
some tell they get the same opponent all day long :rolleyes:

and btw
I would only need to write down hard opponents
as SAAB player I can defeat all normal and easy with autobattle and same army
and that hard opponents list for SAAB players can't be extremely long

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
... so reading the daily changelog note of an "attempts chest" my first thought was "hey, something for trying: a chest for using an attempt". So I went and used my 5 attempts... which don't seem to be getting better. No chest.

Go take another look at the weekly rewards: Oh no... rather it's a punishment chest to try and encourage you to spend *more attempts* next season on a feature that's still pointless for low age players to do more than the absolute minimum to be considered active.

Proven Legend

Merchant
Most subscribers here are hanging on because they have spent too much time and/or cash to just walk away now, Inno knows this and they have the audacity to say nothing knowing they do not have to because they hold all the cards including 'The Most Ignorant' card.

Arwaren

Squire
I understand, they wanted to increase the importance of the defensive army, but it makes no sense. And this function will not lead to suddenly increasing the percentage of the defense army. Battles in the PvP Arena are the same as battles in GBG, GE, and neighborhood battles. Apart from the fact that in the PvP Arena you can fight a player who is in the Asteroid Belt where you are in the Early Middle Ages. The creators of this function consider this to be normal. See: if you beat a difficult player who is in the Asteroid Belt, you can win 200 points. Wow. Thank you for choosing such a player when I am in the Early Middle Ages.
Why is this happening? We do not know. Nobody wants to give us an answer to that. And many other questions. Communication between the players and the people who make this game is practically non-existent at this point. There are going to be some small changes that don't solve the problems at all.
Example: After two weeks since we can fight manually, a chest has arrived where we can do more battles.Even though we can do a lot of fights now (84 a week). Now the game forces me to use an excess of attempts because if I do not do it, I lose attempts that appear every 2 hours. In addition, having about 15 attempts on the bar, I have to do 15 manual battles? I do not have time for this and what I will do will be: Clicking on an easy player, setting up an army, automatic battle, and repeating it about 15 times. I don't see any fun in it.

The arena is not needed, it doesn't add anything new, it copies the elements that are already in the game. For me, it can be kicked out of the game.

Last edited:
Perhaps the fact that you can end up facing a player from any era, no matter how many ages above you they are, is an attempt on Inno's part to discourage camping and encourage players to progress upwards through the ages as quickly as they can.
As to all the fights being auto, we all know any decent fighter can manually beat a defensive army 2 or 3 times stronger than their offensive one. At least this way somebody with a good defensive can reasonably expect to beat off most attackers, so in this case I assume that Inno is trying to encourage people to stop ignoring their defense.

Cardena

Squire
Perhaps the fact that you can end up facing a player from any era, no matter how many ages above you they are, is an attempt on Inno's part to discourage camping and encourage players to progress upwards through the ages as quickly as they can.

To make camping in lower eras less attractive is not a bad idea.

And perhaps the PvP-arena would be not so bad if they were only open for the last three eras. (Well of course being able to buy attempts with diamonds should not be there. There should be a max to the attempts, equal for those playing with diamonds and those without. Maybe those attempts someone cannot use (because he is not online all the time) can be make usable with diamonds, that way the diamonds would be inline with prior uses for diamonds, to save time online, nothing else)

And because the players in lower eras are now missing something, just bring back the old towers.

As an additional feature for the higher era players, perhaps the arena may be something not so bad (perhaps with some minor changes even nice to have)

Nessie

Baronet
That´s what I call arbitrary rule.

When it was clear from the beginning that neither devs nor senior management gives a ...thing ... about players opinion why is there a FEEDBACK FORUM? To waste our time???!!!

Cardena

Squire
It really would interest me, would that sources could be. I am unable to think of any.

But it is clear, our feedback here is without any interest to INNO. That is very sad.

BTW if INNO have seen more players in that feature than those that have actively abondened it, and if INNO think that is a feedback saying that those players like the feature, INNO should think again. Many just do not want to be bothered with finding out, how to leave that feature and just to nothing instead. Many who still hope, that INNO would consider our feedback in the future may just trying to find out what goes well and what not. But this is beta. Not only the game it different to the live servers, but the players also behave differently.

The last announcement is quite ridiculous. I'm sorry, @Dudettas, I know it's not you but this message is not convincing at all.

Whilst there are still some changes expected for the PvP Arena, there are no plans to either abolish the new feature nor reintroduce the old PvP towers. We are very much aware of the strength of feeling on the forums, and it has been faithfully fed back. However, it is not consistent with the strong feedback we are receiving from other sources, where the feature is well received.

The changes so far have been largely driven by Forum Community feedback, except in the case where that feedback strongly contrasts with the feedback gathered elsewhere. In order to keep that feedback organic, as always we cannot give you more precise information on where that feedback is coming from.
So, there's a very mysterious new source of feedback just when the forum hates a new feature? How convenient... Since you won't say who are these people or the nature of this source, maybe you can tell us what they like in the Arena: the dull rewards? the inane matching system? the non-existent gameplay? I'm really curious, I feel as if I've missed something. I didn't find anything I could have fun with in the Arena, please explain to me what exactely in the new feature has been so "well received" by the other sources.

We are aware that many of you are experiencing battles that may seem unbalanced. This is to be expected in a server of our size and you should begin to see more balance as the Arena progresses.
Are you kidding us? A fight of EMA versus SAAB doesn't "seem unbalanced", it's plain stupid. And I don't see the link with the size of the server. The matching system doesn't take in account what makes a fight hard or easy (bonuses, units, era), time and size of the server won't balance that.

Whilst some smaller changes will continue to be made, the feature is here to stay. I continue to feedback all of your comments and suggestions. Please look out for the updates we hope to announce soon.
Why should we make more comments and suggestions since you tell us they won't be listened because some mysterious source seems to be so much more important than the players?

Last edited:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I'm sorry for the mystery, but feedback is collected in a variety of ways, and it has to remain organic. As such we can't be more specific to try and prevent distortion by players thinking they can try and manipulate the other sources of feedback collected.

Please don't think this means that your feedback is not valued or listened to. Many changes (with the exception of the diamond attempts) are a result of the feedback here, notably the introduction of manual battles.

There have been lots of calls on the forum to abolish the Arena and bring back the PvP towers. The PvP Arena is here to stay and the PvP Towers are not going to be reinstated.

There will be some more upcoming changes to the Arena, and we are continuing to collate this feedback.

@Dudettas, I understand we'll never know what or who the other sources are. But can't you even tell us in what way the Arena has been marked as a success thanks to this other sources? What is there to like in the Arena according to them? I don't want to know who has well received the Arena but what they have well received. What does make the Arena so wonderful and such a great feature? I'm not playing anymore in the Arena and I won't play again, neither on beta nor on the live servers. So tell me: what am I missing that the other sources love so much?