• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Cardena

Squire
Well I hope for INNO, that the other source of feedback does not consist of heavy dia-players who now think they are going to easily buy their way to the top.

Without a huge number of non-dia players (or players who only buy modest amounts of dias) the game will not be of interest for the dia players anymore.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I have no more words. What I had stated to this point in time I will only say that and not repeat myself. Week 5 and no real response. Wonder what week 6 will hold, hmm?

mdlsoares

Merchant
I'm sorry for the mystery, but feedback is collected in a variety of ways, and it has to remain organic. As such we can't be more specific to try and prevent distortion by players thinking they can try and manipulate the other sources of feedback collected.

Please don't think this means that your feedback is not valued or listened to. Many changes (with the exception of the diamond attempts) are a result of the feedback here, notably the introduction of manual battles.

There have been lots of calls on the forum to abolish the Arena and bring back the PvP towers. The PvP Arena is here to stay and the PvP Towers are not going to be reinstated.

There will be some more upcoming changes to the Arena, and we are continuing to collate this feedback.
It would be nice as well the possibility to buy attempts with medals

1BFA

Viceroy
I'm sorry for the mystery, but feedback is collected in a variety of ways, and it has to remain organic. As such we can't be more specific to try and prevent distortion by players thinking they can try and manipulate the other sources of feedback collected.

Please don't think this means that your feedback is not valued or listened to. Many changes (with the exception of the diamond attempts) are a result of the feedback here, notably the introduction of manual battles.

There have been lots of calls on the forum to abolish the Arena and bring back the PvP towers. The PvP Arena is here to stay and the PvP Towers are not going to be reinstated.

There will be some more upcoming changes to the Arena, and we are continuing to collate this feedback.

Ok, any insight on the rational or upcoming changes?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Dudettas, I understand we'll never know what or who the other sources are. But can't you even tell us in what way the Arena has been marked as a success thanks to this other sources? What is there to like in the Arena according to them? I don't want to know who has well received the Arena but what they have well received. What does make the Arena so wonderful and such a great feature? I'm not playing anymore in the Arena and I won't play again, neither on beta nor on the live servers. So tell me: what am I missing that the other sources love so much?

From what was alluded to, probably something like usage statistics where they don't want to bias the statistics by specifying which precise measures they use (so angry people can't artificially distort them further than they would naturally).

Cardena

Squire
From what was alluded to, probably something like usage statistics where they don't want to bias the statistics by specifying which precise measures they use (so angry people can't artificially distort them further than they would naturally).

But to use the way players on Beta are doing for predicting how they are going to behave on live servers can be very misleading.
Many players are here to try new features and they are going to use them, even when they would not do so on live server . No player will be willing to loose EMA units in a fight with someone in Mars-Era, when things like that happen, on live players just leave (at least this feature). On Beta player just hope that may be a glitch, maybe report it and hope on live it will not going to happen. But it probably will, and then on live players will react much stronger, and mostly not in favor to INNO.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But to use the way players on Beta are doing for predicting how they are going to behave on live servers can be very misleading.
Many players are here to try new features and they are going to use them, even when they would not do so on live server . No player will be willing to loose EMA units in a fight with someone in Mars-Era, when things like that happen, on live players just leave (at least this feature). On Beta player just hope that may be a glitch, maybe report it and hope on live it will not going to happen. But it probably will, and then on live players will react much stronger, and mostly not in favor to INNO.

They've got past track records of beta feature->live release from which they could use the beta numbers to be predictive of live success or lack thereof. I'm not saying the numbers would be the same - just that between beta usage curve (not just absolute values but also how fast beta players lose interest in testing a feature), live usage is likely predictable.

Cardena

Squire
They've got past track records of beta feature->live release from which they could use the beta numbers to be predictive of live success or lack thereof. I'm not saying the numbers would be the same - just that between beta usage curve (not just absolute values but also how fast beta players lose interest in testing a feature), live usage is likely predictable.

Prediction, especially for the future, is always problematic

Had they so far ever released a feature on beta and then on live, that got such a bad feedback as the arena? I think that was not the case.

Most functions of natural behaviour, or human behaviour behave smooth over a good amount of variation. But than suddenly, that changes, and the behaviour becomes quite unpredictable. It may be, that with the arena they are going to cross the border of smoothness and get into the deep water of chaos.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Prediction, especially for the future, is always problematic

Had they so far ever released a feature on beta and then on live, that got such a bad feedback as the arena? I think that was not the case.

Most functions of natural behaviour, or human behaviour behave smooth over a good amount of variation. But than suddenly, that changes, and the behaviour becomes quite unpredictable. It may be, that with the arena they are going to cross the border of smoothness and get into the deep water of chaos.

The first settlement was a largely negative feedback they pushed through anyways. There was a couple champions for it where I haven't really seen any for Arena, but overall the hate-level was similar.

If they change the "EMA players see SAAB opponents" aspect, I expect this feature will be unoffensive to most players. I still don't know who's going to *like* it but even if it was pushed live as is I can't see it causing the predicted exodus some people have been calling for happening - people will just ignore it as it's not so rewarding as to matter. (On the other hand, lack of significant downtime between battleground rounds I am seeing cause people to burnout)

coolyfooly

Squire
The rewards are too poor, if they want to make money as a business and get people to spend diamonds on it the rewards should be better. U get chance at more fps with 1 week of Dailies then you do for PvP.

Cardena

Squire
If they change the "EMA players see SAAB opponents" aspect, I expect this feature will be unoffensive to most players. I still don't know who's going to *like* it but even if it was pushed live as is I can't see it causing the predicted exodus some people have been calling for happening - people will just ignore it as it's not so rewarding as to matter. (On the other hand, lack of significant downtime between battleground rounds I am seeing cause people to burnout)

A fix for the opponent problem is a must. If they than also bring back the old towers and reduce the possible to just by one's way through the arena with diamonds, I would think most players would be ok to have that feature in the game. But as it is now?

(Yes the reaction to the first settlement was bad. But I think that was mostly due to the fact, that before they introduced that feature here on beta the expectations of the players were much too high.)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A fix for the opponent problem is a must. If they than also bring back the old towers and reduce the possible to just by one's way through the arena with diamonds, I would think most players would be ok to have that feature in the game. But as it is now?

(Yes the reaction to the first settlement was bad. But I think that was mostly due to the fact, that before they introduced that feature here on beta the expectations of the players were much too high.)

My thoughts on settlements didn't improve til egypt - and even that was short-lived. Japan actually did cause me to quit for a while ;) I came back for battlegrounds.

Unlike settlements, arena as it is isn't something I'd feel I have to engage in. Which probably means it needs better rewards - but unless it gets fun too I hope it doesn't get them ;)

(on the note of the old pvp towers: that's just a very vocal minority. I often win them without trying and I don't care about them - what must the other 70ish people in my hood think of them for that to happen? Old towers can stay gone even if the replacement is equally worthless)

Last edited:

esoterism

Squire
Now the introduction of mysterious hidden positive feedback,
Are you kidding ? who will believe that ? Can you please show us, list these feedback ?

If they are real it will be easy for you to do and reinforce your point. We will then be able to understand what are the positive point those guys find and provide us the opportunity to understand those and enable us to share own feedback on those, as this is the objective of this forum, isn't it ?
It this is not the objective of this forum, so what is the objective of this forum ? if we can not share view.
Make us share the views of these mysterious guys, come on !

As I am pretty sure we will never see, those,
One can then imagine that Trump's Fake News has finally reached Inno !! (humour!)

Destroy the PVP Areana and the entire FOE with it. SHAME ! SHAME !

Last edited:

1BFA

Viceroy
As simple as it gets:
- impossible fights is a no no
- unlock this feature only when a player reaches SAM or even SAAB
- rename PVP to High Era Tournament

i'm in hma and i cant do anything :p

j/k

Anyway I guess this will same as ranking....it is probably not possible for someone with lower ages to be #1 on the server...(not including new servers)...same with arena only the top age'ish players will be at the top...

Nessie

Baronet
Let's face the truth: InnoGames wants to save money by drastically reducing server performance - therefore we will never see the old PvP towers again or points for global ranking after every fight. The company with its Senior Management is NOT poor, on the contrary.

InnoGames not only wants to save money, but also wants to sell more diamonds for practically every "feature". The game became somewhat boring, shallow, without depth.

It became a very simple game without much fun - instead, endless mindless clicking - especially in SAAB with a dozen clicks between each requerring quest.

Last edited:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I just stopped playing PvP Arena. Seems Inno's Senior Management is focused on short-term revenues and extracting as much money from diamond players as they can. They did the same with "the West"; just read some of the Wet’s forums to see the same lack of concern, frustrated and unmotivated players, and just a general feeling that playing is not that much fun compared to the effort needed.

Still think Senior Inno management is trying to inflate short-term profits to sel. Maybe potential investors will read these forums, and learn that FoE is well past its growth stage.

There are many alternatives; including reading a good book. I mean, why pay to be annoyed, when I can go to work and get paid to be annoyed .