• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

My feedback, with apologies if some or all is rehashing what others have said, as I have not read the 50-page thread:

I don't like the new PvP feature. It seems we are competing globally, not just with the people in our neighborhood or near the same age. The small number of attempts, the fact that anyone of any age can be my opponent, and the fact that the draw and value of opponents is nonsensical, all make this version pointless and random for me. I just had a battle in which all three of my potential opponents were at least five ages ahead of me. I chose the easiest one (for 50 points) and of course got slaughtered. Then I checked my log and found that someone SEVEN ages ahead of me (and from my friends list, no less!) had attacked me and cost me 200 points. I've never been offered a 200-point opponent that wasn't at least 10 ages ahead of me. How in the world am I the 200-point opponent for a player seven ages ahead of me, while a player five ages ahead of me who wipes the floor with me is only my 50-point opponent?

FYI, here are my stats in case that's the issue:
Colonial Age
Attackers: 321% attack, 128% defense
Defenders: 27% attack, 78% defense
PvP defensive army includes four Industrial Age units among the eight total

So, for an attacker from The Future, defeating my puny little defense is worth 200 points, but for my Colonial Age attackers, a Contemporary Era defense that wipes out my much more boosted attackers is only worth 50. Ridiculous.

I've never let my attempts bar fill up and stop regenerating, I've always chosen the highest value opponent that I think I have a good chance of beating, and I've never cracked the top 900 in the rankings. I'm currently ranked #1258. I do see that the rewards have been increased. That's a very good start, but without some balance in the competition or at least a shred of rhyme or reason to the draw and value of opponents, there seems little point in participating in this.

Last edited:

Sinitar

Regent
exact amounts please , not a general description
Increased medals:
Medals gained by the first position in industrial age is increased of 400 from 700 to a total of 1100 but when I can gain the first global position?ahahaha

Bonus reward chest - Increase in Forge Points awarded
before https://prntscr.com/tmnmlz
after https://prnt.sc/tmn9so

Units chest is now called 'Rogue Chest' - a chance to win one of an attack boost medium, defender boost medium, rogue hideout, a number of rogues, and a one-up kit

before https://prnt.sc/tmnjut
After https://prnt.sc/tmnak3
players in 4-50 position change only the number of rogues gained(3) as for the player after 51 position up to 3.000(1)

Reward chest adjustment to a random chance of: Wishing well, a Shrine of knowledge, Renovation kit, goods, diamonds
For 1st global position
Before https://prnt.sc/tmnl3o
After https://prnt.sc/tmnly1

you see only the change because the other things is same
For 2nd global position
before: 20% 75 diamonds, 15% 25 goods
after: 20% 150 diamonds,20% 75 goods

For 3rd global position
before: 20% 50 diamonds, 15% 20 goods
after: 20% 100 diamonds,20% 50 goods

For 4-50 global position
before: 20% 30 diamonds, 15% 20 goods
after: 20% 50 diamonds,20% 30 goods

For 51-500 global positition
before: 20% 10 diamonds, 15% 10 goods
after: 20%30 diamonds,20% 20 goods

1BFA

Viceroy
Can we get idea on what devs are thinking about or ask someone to come here and answer few questions. When GbG was in conceptual phase we had
The Envoy here on the thread. Why cant we get someone for this?

e.g. Have you changed the concept of pvp tower in a fundamental way, i.e. earlier even a hma guy could top his/lower age towers. With the new concept the top dogs will be from the top ages....if that's what you are going for...why not say it... and close the chapter.

Same with manual fight, atleast I get when you want to make auto fight: 1. Because 1 sided manual fight is not fair. 2. makes it even for everyone as long as your attack/def is high you can win. etc etc...

So if a dev rep can come and clarify some of the intent and future plans...things on this thread will calm down a lot

podkap1970

Emperor
e.g. Have you changed the concept of pvp tower in a fundamental way, i.e. earlier even a hma guy could top his/lower age towers. With the new concept the top dogs will be from the top ages....if that's what you are going for...why not say it... and close the chapter.

so for you its importent, that your name is displayed a week long: i had most points in HMA, i "ruled" my neighbourhood? (HMA as example)

Praeceptor

Marquis
The rewards have been updated as follows:
  • Increased medals
  • Bonus reward chest - Increase in Forge Points awarded
  • Units chest is now called 'Rogue Chest' - a chance to win one of an attack boost medium, defender boost medium, rogue hideout, a number of rogues, and a one-up kit
  • Reward chest adjustment to a random chance of: Wishing well, a Shrine of knowledge, Renovation kit, goods, diamonds

What difference will this make? Do you think that spending a fortune in diamonds to win a few rogues or a few medals will appease low age players who have had the challenge of winning the neighbourhood tower for their age taken away?

Is nobody listening here? Hello... hello?

bromtor

Squire
What difference will this make? Do you think that spending a fortune in diamonds to win a few rogues or a few medals will appease low age players who have had the challenge of winning the neighbourhood tower for their age taken away?

Yep its not the prices i dont care about its the game fun whats gone that matters but they all deaf around here and will proceed with it.
We had a train vol of candys and now we must share some 3 candys thats BS we want competition witch player above progressief dont already got all that prices.

Got banned for placing piece off ............................................. jeh love you to.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor

So is this just about the feeling of winning the tower? Those towers are extremely outdated and unrewarding as far as modern gameplay is concerned. A handful of medals when players almost universally complain on the forums about medals as a reward? (take a look at any discussion about the ToR and see how long you read before someone mentions the medal prize from gold relics) That whole system was long overdue for a change, and this new system will get there eventually.

bromtor

Squire
So is this just about the feeling of winning the tower? Those towers are extremely outdated and unrewarding as far as modern gameplay is concerned. A handful of medals when players almost universally complain on the forums about medals as a reward? (take a look at any discussion about the ToR and see how long you read before someone mentions the medal prize from gold relics) That whole system was long overdue for a change, and this new system will get there eventually.
Its not about the prices even without the prices i would go for the towers medals i dont need its the competition and options to fight mutiple era and that gives a great feeling as a player ( fighter ) its in all off us FoE ( forge off Empires ) is a war game not a harvest only game.

Thunderdome

Emperor
"Sixteen pounds of Monterey Jack Cheese and the Continent of Australia"

That's the way I translated it (mind anyone it's from Cats and Dogs when Mr. Tinkles said it best) when the devs supposedly "increase" the rewards. I'm in PME and I think the medal count is far more than just a dinky amount stated for a single tower of that age. However, there are some of us who engage in fights that utilize different eras of troops and taking all of the previous age towers for maximum rewards (for those of us that managed to make it to the top spots once a tower tourney ends).

Just because you put a little "increase" doesn't mean that everyone is going to love it. Had you said the medal count be like 3k for those within the 1001-1500 rank (for example), you might turn a few heads of interest. Had you said the medal count be like 15k, you'll get every boy and girl to the yard, guns blazing.

Now, I just said this for the medal rewards. You got to take in mind the other rewards as well. If you are presenting the dinky size, you're not going to get any love.

But, in all seriousness, if a developer don't want to be insulted then they should not have insulted the players with this. It's an insult to those of us who spent many years working hard in accomplishing many things to be presented with something that steers the opposite.

Think about that.

Thern keep the towers per era as they were and change/improve the rewards to be given to the top 5 (or whatever number) wining players. Give medals, FPs, and goods to the 1st , smaller amounts to the 2nd and 3rd, the 4th and 5th to receive medals and FPs, no goods. etc. Change the rewards, keep the mechanism, keep Manual Battle control, be able to fight the whole neighborhood if I like, no limited fights, no facing SAAB units if this is the Colonial Tower.

Last edited:

AllamHRK

Baronet
How long does each PvP Arena last? Is it 1 week like the PvP Towers used to be?

It would be useful to put a time remaining indicator in the Arena window, don't you think?

Sinitar

Regent
How long does each PvP Arena last? Is it 1 week like the PvP Towers used to be?

It would be useful to put a time remaining indicator in the Arena window, don't you think?
Each Sunday night you have the rewards with lost the 10% of total point gained, so there's not a precise time to reset and this I don't like

jovada

Regent
Nothing strategy anymore, GbG is have high alca , go into a guild with plenty goods and start farming points, PvP is a copy of summerevent , have your ticket , spin the wheel , and maybe you beat your opponent if you are lucky.