• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Sinitar

Regent
no did you read the full comment????

if the logic for pvp changes to same as c-map.... yes there is a chance for manual vs AI....

Now you can user 1 army and 7 rouges and rule the towers because the AI ti dumb
AI from c-map isn't that you mentioned...It hits the nearest unit and then kills it completely so if they don't hit the real unit at first shot or if only not all can reach that unit they won't kill instantly. After if you go with 1 hover tank and 7 rogues,every troops will attack the rogues because the hover tanks have stealth,unless the opponent have skill that can hit stealth units but we return at first
and this is a dimostration from live servers
1° wave https://prnt.sc/tmuqd2
2° wave https://prnt.sc/tmur2p

Arwaren

Squire
By the way, it's interesting that the higher you rank, the more diamonds, goods, and rogues you get, but that doesn't apply to forge points ... Always 20 with a 20% chance. Wow.
Since this feature largely depends on who will pay more money, maybe you could increase the forge points in these chests in the best places ... diamond players would be very happy and you would earn more money then. Maybe think about it.

Fenix

Viceroy
For the last time, you can't force players to lose on purpose just because they do not have any alternative (nobody likes to lose). I might win a higher era if I have the option to do manual fights, but I do not think that I can win 3 or more eras high. Not even with manual fights.
This is simply wrong, extremely wrong and very stupid.

For this to work, you do not need to increase prizes, give more fights, not allow the use of diamonds, you need to make sure that the player gets 3 feasible options, tree real fights that he can win: one easy where he almost certainly will loose nothing; one complicated where he might win, but for that he might loose plenty unities; and the third in between. I am tired, and if you can't understand this I can do nothing more.

The options:
1595470295165.png
The expected result (I use only a rogue, yes, but do not matter what I chose, I am colonial, with colonial I would lose this fight, at least in this way I only loose 50 points and the rogue):
1595470385950.png

Ps, in the first image, shouldn't be a red balloon in there?

Last edited:
I am industrial age #1379, and my opponents are oceanic future, contemporary era and space age asteroid belt.
Who should I attack now?

Just for fun, I tried to attack the oceanic future player, and of course I lost, and the new opponent is now modern era with 211% defense.
I can't win that one either.

The matching algorithm is all wacky. I can't do a winning fight anymore. Not that it matters, since I can't advance much in ranking even when winning fights, I have tried.

FAQ from July 9th:
I'm in Early Middle Ages, will I have to fight against players in Space Age Asteroid Belt?
Although such a scenario is unlikely to occur, you can face players from higher Eras, particularly as a strong fighter. If the difference in era and combat points is too great, they won't be included in your opponents' list.

Why I am facing constantly 2 of 3 opponents in Space Age Asteroid Belt, when I am in "Tomorrow"?

Good point. Now we all know from experience that it is NOT unlikely that this will happen. It is 100% certain that the hard opponent will always be like SAM or SAAB, and the medium opponent will almost always be something like three ages or more above, and that even the low opponent will occasionally be several ages above and impossible to beat.

@Dudettas please update the FAQ to reflect that it is very unlikely that you will only meet oponents from your era or below.

Still repeat some of my suggestions that I think are worth to go for, not ?
But first : manual battles and show the defending army please ! Now it's going "blind" ... I ones tried to defeat the most low era opponent (I had no other choice!) and ... I won ! Why ? Just because that player had only 1 unit in defense ! IF we can SEE the defending armies, we can AT LEAST see which one only selected 1 or a few units and not 8 ! I've lost so far 24 units and I won 2 (since PvP Arena can be "tested"), woow, impressive !!
Manual battles, for my part WITHOUT rogues (I don't care, I can use enough rogues in GE, GBG or GvG!) and without any boost for attack or defense.
I'm not afraid to try a fight against a player that is 1 or 2 Era's above me, especially not if they only have 1 a 4 units in defense !
And secondly : please please please ... make this a FAIR TO PLAY feature for EVERY AGE ! I'm in PE already, but I can imagine being only in EMA (without an Alcatraz and maybe having just a few rogues ... this feature is simply a KILLER and I will immediately loose all Hope and will completely ignore (and forget!!) this "feature" (can't call it by it's current name anymore !)

I repeat and I don't stop repeating it, here back some INSPIRATION for Inno ...
1) Create a 4th "slot", an empty one : here each player can select other players they wish to battle against (from neighborhood or whatever).
If possible (yes, many here would be pleased !), let players send a request to other players (like sending a friendship request, but now you name it : battle request or challenge request or ... ) ... that other player, if online, can accept such request and BOTH can start doing a battle, both manual, so that would be REAL P vs P !! Up with it, it had already be THIS WAY from the beginning ! ;)

OR (more work ? ) :
2) Create a brand new 5 units team of all ages (without the use of rogues), so everyone fight with the same kind of units and, again, avoid any bonus for attack or defense from players ...
Give those 5 different units Unique skills !
As special unique rewards you can win fragments of an Emmisary and when you gathered a complete set you can sellect this Emmisary for you Town Hall to get each day 1 very special Unit ! (or bonus or special ability or ... read further on about it!)
Or bring up more than 1 kind of Emmisary to collect (with fragments), like one that give a speical Bonus for one of your units or one that give the Special ability to Change some of the Tiles on the Battleground, right before the battle starts .... or one that ... etc ... (be creative, think about this idea, please!)

Be creative, think creative, please Inno, think beyond the walls of your imagination !! Give every player (on the PvP Arena army managment, apart from other players army window !) 8 units of each 5 kind of units. These units, even killed, restore after the battle is done, ONLY those "special units" you can get from that Emmisary , if killed, are lost forever . That way those fragments of a possible PvP Arena Emmisary become even more valuable and more players will try to get them !

Last edited:

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
The slightly increased rewards was a step in the right direction.

But the real problem I still think is the match making. Even if I always had at least one player available that I know I have a real chance to defeat.
Only once have got a hard player from my era (Modern), otherwise the hard option have been only Space Age Asteroid Belt players or a few exception another era way above what I could possibly have a chance to defeat. And I have been really good in using my tries since the beginning.

The whole thing is definietely the opposite of the FAQ where it says it's an unlikely scenario to face players of higher eras.

I completely agree with the following to get a feeling of fun to the PvP Arena, which I think is important to keep player interest in the long run:

The constructive criticism that does exist in this feedback thread tends to drown in posts of general dislike. What I, from my point of view thinks has to be done to turn this into a success is the following:
  • Match making based on the oponents defensive armies and bonuses, not their ranking points
    • This should take care of the problem with low- and midera players only facing impossible oponents in hard and medium
  • Manual fighting, or if that is out of the question, at least show us the defensive army we are meeting
It might also be neccesary to split up the league, so you meet oponents of the same era, or perhaps bundle two or three eras together. Otherwise it will probably only be SAAB and maybe some SAM players who can compete for the top places, and other players will pretty fast loose interest.

Have you ever wondered if developers insults our intelligence with this construction? And who will defend us on this?
AT LEAST they can let us know (make us curious, whatever) if they will DO something with one (or more) of the already maked suggestions they read on this feedback thread ?
Or do Inno ONLY accept constructive feedback about HOW the PvP Arena is at the current moment and feedback about the last changes ?
In that case : I'm very sorry, but I can't find anything positive about the current PvP Arena (do we have one ? PvP ? Arena ? ), nor I can give about the small changes you maked so far ... that's why I don't stop giving Inno some inspiration to brainstorm, some new fresh ideas ... does that ring a bell ?!?
Yes I know, it's just 12 days ago ..... but typing 1 message to give a constructive feedback on beta players their constructive feedback (suggestions, etc)) ... or give us "any direction" about possible more changes .... do that need to cost you so much days ? :(

If I know manual battles will NOT be the case, never ... or at least the view on the defending army (one of both NEED to be done, really !) ... well, in that case you lost me for sure, then I immediately stop playing on beta and delete that city ! Why ? Well, because without one of those changes I just mentioned, it's for sure NOT a P vs P, so why would I ever make TIME for typing on this forum thread (yes, I do care about FoE & beta,, still I do!), for taking my time play-testing on beta IF even our constructive feedback get only a WALL to speak to ... This all making me more and more sad & angry at the same time !
I've experienced in the past on a game delelopers forum much more feedback from delelopers ! This here is a very good example of how it NOT going in the right direction .... I've the strong feeling soon you loose beta testers, many and you probably already lost some ...

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
My suggestion still is:
- manual fighting (defenders army is hidden)
- no bonuses from GB or other buildings (like Egyptian settlement)
- new pool of troops similar to the Egyptian units and no rogues (current age troops can be converted to Arena troops of the same type)

That way the arena would be a real show of skill (besides buying tries with diamonds).