• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

1BFA

Viceroy
Add Manual Fight Control, not Auto Battle, and that would be a good improvement to "get there"

No No & No...Why so that 1 unit and 7 rouges can win the contest?

No No and No unless it is manual fight on both ends. or compromise would be rouges work the same way as c-map.

It is downright illogical to ask for manual vs AI.

1BFA

Viceroy
And why not ?? fighting in province you can manuel vs AI, neighbours you can manuel vs AI, why not PvP ???? Do you want everything AI vs AI , maybe we can ask innogames to allow bots that click auto everywhere so we only have to log in once a day to see how many points we scored.

no did you read the full comment????

if the logic for pvp changes to same as c-map.... yes there is a chance for manual vs AI....

Now you can user 1 army and 7 rouges and rule the towers because the AI ti dumb

Sinitar

Regent
no did you read the full comment????

if the logic for pvp changes to same as c-map.... yes there is a chance for manual vs AI....

Now you can user 1 army and 7 rouges and rule the towers because the AI ti dumb
AI from c-map isn't that you mentioned...It hits the nearest unit and then kills it completely so if they don't hit the real unit at first shot or if only not all can reach that unit they won't kill instantly. After if you go with 1 hover tank and 7 rogues,every troops will attack the rogues because the hover tanks have stealth,unless the opponent have skill that can hit stealth units but we return at first

Aether7

Farmer
Inno Developers,

Please stop messing with our game and go build a new one. Taking away existing features like the Tower tournament and replacing it with PvP Arena is like if you took GvG away and replaced it with GBG. These are very basic features that helped make this game a success in the first place. Think about that!

Older features like the towers can easily be updated by increasing the rewards. Any new features should be compatible with existing features. The Arena is an interesting concept but is a complete fail in its current state and minor tweaks are not going to fix it. Having said that, we dont need it. There is more than plenty to do in this game and you can keep it going with new events and future eras. Please bring back the old towers!

FAQ from July 9th:
I'm in Early Middle Ages, will I have to fight against players in Space Age Asteroid Belt?
Although such a scenario is unlikely to occur, you can face players from higher Eras, particularly as a strong fighter. If the difference in era and combat points is too great, they won't be included in your opponents' list.

Why I am facing constantly 2 of 3 opponents in Space Age Asteroid Belt, when I am in "Tomorrow"?

Additionally: the old PVP towers brought ranking points per week, when you gained medals. There is no description, how the new PvP influences the over all ranking. I'm afraid that not using diamonds to raise the number of battles per day means falling back, not a nice thought.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So reward changes for an LMA player who is likely easily in 1000-3000. and would have to fight like hell to get to 500-1000.

The reward for much effort is now... 12 extra medals instead of 7.
The reward for participating at all is now... 36 medals. And a 20% chance of a rogue hideout, 20% of a one up kit, 60% of nothing notable instead of 1 unit.

I'd say it's probably worth doing the minimum to be active now. But it's still not fun. Not really a competition. And not worth trying hard at.

----

The top prizes still don't stand out at all if they're going to be 1 per server (as opposed to 1 per hood or even 1 per age). At 1 person per server if you want people to care about this, it should be a minimum of say 2k diamonds for 1st. not 20% for 2k diamonds, just 2k straight up. Maybe even 10k.

Of course I happen to think it'd be better off if it *was* 1 per age instead of 1 per server but even then it could easily be 100% chance for 500 diamonds say (anyone who completes GE4 gets ~200 diamonds per week - it still should be higher than that given that only 1 person per age gets it).

----

Of course the biggest problem isn't the rewards, it's that the feature just isn't fun as-is. So what's going to make it fun should probably be focused on before what the reward should be since changes to make it fun could easily change the entire reward structure.

Manual battles are way more fair than only auto battle.
I lost a fight against 1 unit + 7 rogues ... well, how could you name that "fair"?
Well, I already did many suggestions (some possibilities) :
1) munal fights anyway, because like it is now? AI vs AI, clic and see, is it that what you want? Really, that's boring like hell !
2) make the AI like on C-map OR just don't allow to USE rogues at all !! (not for defending army, not for attacking army).
3) IF Inno stick with 1 PvP Arena for 1 whole world, give every player, EMA till SAAB the SAME chances to get a nice high position.
I've now played as much as I can and I'm still only around #1200 ... so playing "active" this PvP Arena have to give a nice reward, at least !
Where is the motivation in doing that ? No battle points after a fight ... No Unique Reward to go for ... No FAIR play : earlier this day all opponents where beyond my Era, so I had no choice to let my army killed (with manual battle: I always can "surrender" to not loose all units !) ... Fair ? Not at all !
4) Why not avoid all players boost for attacking and defending army ?
5) Avoid all attack and defense boosts, but make a difference in the Easy, Normal & Hard battles with % boost ... ? (not really my favorite suggestions so far)
...... BUT ....
6) Still I find this following suggestion best of all :
Create a brand new 5 units team of all ages (without the use of rogues), so everyone fight with the same kind of units and, again, avoid any bonus for attack or defense from players ...
Give those 5 different units Unique skills !
As special unique rewards you can win fragments of an Emmisary and when you gathered a complete set you can sellect this Emmisary for you Town Hall to get each day 1 very special Unit ! (or bonus or special ability or ... read further on about it!)
Or bring up more than 1 kind of Emmisary to collect (with fragments), like one that give a speical Bonus for one of your units or one that give the Special ability to Change some of the Tiles on the Battleground, right before the battle starts .... or one that ... etc ... (be creative, think about this idea, please!)

Be creative, think creative, please Inno, think beyond the walls of your imagination !! Give every player (on the PvP Arena army managment, apart from other players army window !) 8 units of each 5 kind of units. These units, even killed, restore after the battle is done, ONLY those "special units" you can get from that Emmisary , if killed, are lost forever . That way those fragments of a possible PvP Arena Emmisary become even more valuable and more players will try to get them !

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
1595444846976.png
1595444873214.png

All day I met the same player as my enemy, He is lucky only the first 5 fights/day are counting and shown in his log, lol ...
I am like a nightmare for him ...

In 14 minutes him again :))
1595445143159.png

Thats weird ...

Last edited:
FAQ from July 9th:
I'm in Early Middle Ages, will I have to fight against players in Space Age Asteroid Belt?
Although such a scenario is unlikely to occur, you can face players from higher Eras, particularly as a strong fighter. If the difference in era and combat points is too great, they won't be included in your opponents' list.
So the MORE Combat Points I gather, the more difficult the opponents become ? Hmm .. seems to be indeed the case ! I won battle after battle (mostly the + 50, so now I've 8570 CP's and start to face only armies I can not win from, sure not with AUTO battle !
How in the name can I EVER gather more Combat Pont this way ? !?
Looking at the top 3 ranking, all are from SAAB ! Fair PvP Arena it is NOT ! Change this immediately !

vicbeta

Farmer
given the cost in troops for the matchups you're making AND the fact that there auto battle is compulsory, your reward structure is insufficient for the player cost.
you may want that, so players spend more $$.
as a player, i'm not interested in this aspect of the game...too much risk for not enough reward.

Lekaylee

Farmer
Hey :)
That must be a bug or Joke ;)

I am Progressive Era...
I can Choose my next fight between:
Light- TOMORROW,
Middle -Arctic Future and
heavvy fight- Space Age Asteroid Belt....

Please! Thats VERY hard over 3 Ages :((
...is that really, really? wanted ? -

No chance to win against Tomorrow - Units
...if you want it "FAIR" - Please make the "light fight" same age as the Player's age.
It could be the middle fight one Age higer and 2 ages the heavy fight.

I have a city in the iron age and the neighborhood are Players up to 20.000.000 and more Points.
So I think there is no really need to take Space age Mars or Future etc... The System could choose Players with higher Points for the fight, maybe...

Do you have made a Test if it is really possible to win? - Does anyone who tests this also won a game?

Last edited:
FAQ from July 9th:

This is just a flat-out lie. Every set of three opponents I've ever had has included at least one, and usually two, opponents who are at least TEN ages ahead of me. I am routinely getting attacked by players 7-10 ages ahead of me. One of them got 200 points for doing so, even though my 50-point opponents are five ages ahead of me sometimes and I've never been offered a 200-point opponent who wasn't at least 10 ages ahead of me. My last battle (and most likely, it was indeed my LAST), all three opponents I had to choose from were at least five levels ahead of me. I had no option but to select the easiest one (for 50 points) and let my army be annihilated. I don't have a problem with new features or changes that don't work out to be very good. Not everything will, I get that. That is what Beta is for. But just openly and brazenly lying about it like this tells me the developers already know what the problem is and just don't care.

I've done my Beta duty. I've tried it, I've given my feedback, and now I can ignore this new "feature".

If I dont have control of my side of the battle, then remove my P from the P v P. My participation/strategy is just select a a good combination of up to 8 units, close my eyes and wish the AI use them well. This is AI vs AI, not P v P.
Without my mind directing how those units attack, and to which unit from opponent side attack next, then it is just AI vs Ai and we all now how bad it is.

If 1 unit + 7 Rogues is the best units combination ever, then give the AI the best to use among all possible scenarios.

No No and No unless it is manual fight on both ends. or compromise would be rouges work the same way as c-map.

We (you, me , many others) want PvP (Manual at both ends), but what we have received is only AI vs AI.
Current Towers are P (Manual) vs AI, are they illogical?

P (Manual) vs AI is closer to P v P than AI vs AI, is a middle ground to get there, to get to P v P (manual at both sides).

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor

Actually, a manual fight with 1 unit and 7 rogues won't always win a fight. I tried to get froggy with folks who attacked me as I am not one of those that would back down. I tend to do the 1 unit/7 rogue offense that some of the fights I fight to the last man (got my alc) to see how well I do. Some battles I win with that mentality, others I lose all the team. For me, if I am seeing at least three quarters of their team gone then I am doing something right... I just got to work harder.

Automatic battle does not do that. A hidden troop auto doesn't teach us anything let alone allow us to be better players. It's more like a random "send to the slaughter" thing because "we don't give a damn".

And if you're worried about the 1U7R sendoffs, do not forget that not everyone's attack/defense values are the same and there will always be room to rebound on the rankings (i.e., revenge).