• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Postponement of Guild Perks

InnoGames

Your friendly forum bot
Guild Perks Logo.png
Dear Kings and Queens,

Today, we announced that Guild Perks will be postponed after the next cycle ends. That means that the current cycle (that runs until December 29th), will be the last one until a later date (following changes to the feature). The announcement is here.

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Guild Perks was not good" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Best regards,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Thank you for listening to us, but WE need answers from you.
I like you to understand that we have high expectations of these guild benefits and that you accept your mistake in coming up with an unfinished solution.
But WE also expect frank answers from you on several "bugs":
- GbG balancing, and more particularly in the 1,000 LP league
- the "cure everything" button (no concrete answer for 3 months)
- automatic troop compositions (popular during the sprint)
- guild rankings (too much impacted by GvG)

In short, we want a dialogue and not just a "simple listening".

Ironrooster

Baronet
One major problem in my guild was the Steady Formation perk.
The -3% that was applied to GBG negotiations resulted in the goods cost going from 1 to 2 at 0 attrition. This rounding issue effectively cause a 100% in crease for the first 5 negotiations. The next set went from 2 to 3 which was effectively a 50% increase. And so forth.

Another problem was the negative effects in general. The guild I am in has players at all stages of development from just starting to very experienced. The result is someone is very effected by the negative effect most perks have.

Third problem was the high cost of the perks relative to benefit. Since many of our members are in the early stages of the game, they could not contribute very much if anything to the perks. Even for those of us who could contribute, the cost was high so most contributed coins or goods resulting in a perk not being achieved for almost a week. Given the short time period the perks are available they do not seem to be worth the cost.

Some suggestions for improvement would be:
Have more perks with no negative effects.
Have the perks be effective for 3 weeks after they are achieved. Leveling up a perk would restart the 3 week clock.
Have some perks with less benefit and less cost.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Make sure that the costs to unlock a perk are prorated to the number of members in the guild BUT only one member can give everything. This would penalize less beginner players within guilds just as it would not be detrimental to recruitments.
Do not try to believe that everything should be done for guilds made up of 80 experienced and young players.

The benefits of guilds should be interesting for everyone, gentlemen developers do not base it on your experience on your time-lapse server, you are totally disconnected from the live servers.

Instead of reducing the cost of the goods in negotiation, add an additional turn, even if this advantage is only available at level 3 with no advantage at levels 1 and 2.

Think of the benefits that GBs and special buildings don't provide. We all have the possibility of having attack, defense, gold, goods, .... but nothing that improves the omnipresent randomness in all areas. Example: increase the chance of having a x4 in a colony, increase the chance of having a daily prize during events, simulate the power of the Galata tower for the little ones who do not have one, increase the% of have a relic in GEX, reduce the harvesting time of a city (same as 2 or 3 minutes), ...

In short, innovate! Don't try to reinvent the wheel !!!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
And while we're at it, don't think of guild perks as something new that won't evolve.

The tavern, in its day, was highly appreciated. But no adaptation or addition of new bonus.
Just like the antique store, where you add things without taking them out, making it less and less likely to get a desired bundle.

We accumulate so much tavern and antique money, whereas in any management game, it should be the other way around. We should think about any expense because it is so difficult to replenish a stock. In FOE, it's the opposite, we easily overflow everything.
Why ? Because you think of a novelty without even imagining improvements to follow to perpetuate the actions of the game.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm a *little* surprised they're backing it out so soon. I'm guessing this was because they're on holiday break and didn't want another cycle without iteration on it for people to rage at them doing nothing when they didn't really have the people to do anything.

Rickster911

Farmer
Since it takes awhile for guilds to unlock a single perk it should last longer than 3 weeks. If a guild manages to activate all 3 level 3 perks there should be a really good perk bonus, like Deadpool said maybe and extra turn with negotiations in GBG or something attractive like that.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
See content you will find pages loaded with inspiration. See also discussion about the content for more detailed feedback.

Short sided summery:

1.) Perks need guild benefits only

2.) Guild exclusive benefits enable special guild tactics, giving perks a purpose

3.) Guild perks must have no personal benefits (only), otherwise they must become player/personal perks

Thought it was already forwarded though. Hopefully this shorter and more clear version will be forwarded too.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Short sided summery:

1.) Perks need guild benefits only

2.) Guild exclusive benefits enable special guild tactics, giving perks a purpose

3.) Guild perks must have no personal benefits (only), otherwise they must become player/personal perks
And as @DEADP00L pointed out perks need reasonable costs, the possibility for 1 or a few players to biting the bullet to not putting smaller players under too high demand. Also future proving or having a few perks to add in later as friends tavern is laying down dead in the water for years now. Despite decant suggestions for new mechanics around it. AD at least offers some functionality, imo.

jovada

Regent
No reason to cry victory it's not a battle between us and the developers, only this time they realized with our feedback that guildperks as it was will not work.
So let's see and wait how they make it better.
But pvp arena they withdrawed it also and came only back with a new paint on it but with the same broken tool.

And my biggest fear is that fixing guildperks will be a priority and they put fixing heal all button and GbG balancing on the long road again.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Thinking stuff more throughly. Tbh I feel like the dev. team’s time and resources are better spend in fixing the following;
Fixing heal all button debate
GbG rebalancing & anti exploitation update
Prior to release SAJM figuring out something to give the next space age an unique twist

After all those things are fixed first. I feel like they should moving on introducing new features like guild, ehm personal ehm I meant GUILD perks. Removing the personal perks entirely and introducing perks beneficial for the entire guild or if balancing is needed to using an burden an burden for the entire guild and not just a few groups. I think that can give the perks an gimmick to spicing up guild tactics. Though it must be thought throughly. I feel like gaining and maintaining selected Perks are the best among no restrictions to daily donations. Allowing the strong of the guild to biting the bullet for their trainees. You know? Taking one for the team

Instead of reducing the cost of the goods in negotiation, add an additional turn, even if this advantage is only available at level 3 with no advantage at levels 1 and 2.

Think of the benefits that GBs and special buildings don't provide. We all have the possibility of having attack, defense, gold, goods, .... but nothing that improves the omnipresent randomness in all areas. Example: increase the chance of having a x4 in a colony, increase the chance of having a daily prize during events, simulate the power of the Galata tower for the little ones who do not have one, increase the% of have a relic in GEX, reduce the harvesting time of a city (same as 2 or 3 minutes), ...

I'd very much like to see some of these but I'd also really like to know what gets changed to "balance things out". If players get more x4s in settlements, and if that reduces the number of diamond expansions sold (for example), what will be made more difficult or expensive to compensate? In other words, if Inno gives a benefit with one hand, what will they take away with the other hand? And if feature xyz is made more "challenging" to counterbalance an x4 boost, will it apply to everyone or just players whose guilds have achieved the boost?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Strange coincidence, at the moment on the French television channels, FOE is advertising to "start again on good bases"!
Inno finally understood that he was losing a lot of his clients that he did not listen to?
Personally, I discovered a free online management game that is just starting to develop. While not as rich as FOE, the designers are listening to players by immediately modifying feedback instead of adding rash stuff over and over again.
Focused more on gameplay than aesthetics, I predict a bright future for this competitor.

Yekk

Regent
Was Guild Perks a great idea? No... It was at best a good idea. But good ideas are like a good golfer, a good chess player, a good student. None would expect to make The Open, be in the Candidates Tournament, get into Harvard.

GP should not have been introduced to the beta server. It should have had a thread where suggestions were made, possible proposals talked over, items put off limits, pipe dreams exposed. One that enriched the good idea of guild perks and made it a great great idea.

Much of what was written pre version 2 in the original GP thread could then have been expected to have made the first beta release. That is be about guilds. How they can help their players. How their players can help them. The consensus was no negative perks. Version 2 changed version 1 a bit but actually ignored the comments much more than working them in.

I am a diamond player. I am all for new additions that entice me to want to spend my diamonds. I hope the complete remake has that fire in it. Like GvG, ,like GE, like GBG, like events.

Surprise me Inno. Show the genius we know you have. Make GP into the newest puzzle piece to building mine and my guilds players cities that both makes you money and us enjoyment.

Owl II

Emperor
The idea of working together on shared perks for all participants is a great idea. Such things could rally the guilds. But why is such a sad content chosen? I don't know. Do something like.. capitals? fortresses? Let it be multi-level, and at each level it brings guild or personal perks. Do you want it to be temporary? Well. why not? Let it will have cycles. Do you want to activation to require separate resources? let's do it. But let the building material be mined in GBG, GE... Fragments of buildings for example. Or some special bricks. Or something else that could be rewards at the end of the GBG season. As a reward for GE cups or for GE encounter. This could enliven the team gameplay in general.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Let it be multi-level, and at each level it brings guild or personal perks.
It’s GUILD perks…
But let the building material be mined in GBG... Fragments of buildings for example. Or some special bricks. Or something else that could be rewards at the end of the GBG season.
Why rewarding GbG swap exploiters more? They already blocking out everyone and getting lots of free candy. We already have what you’re suggesting as rewards for GbG swap exploiters and plenty of it: SoH, Great elephant… no need for even stronger rewards for exploiters.

Guild perks are on themselves an decant concept. Working together towards an common goal. Sharing the burden over the members. Leaders a bit more then less established players. Then enjoying together as an guild new guild tactics it unlocks. No need to turning them into yet another free candy bar for GbG swap exploiters.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
It’s GUILD perks…

Why rewarding GbG swap exploiters more? They already blocking out everyone and getting lots of free candy. We already have what you’re suggesting as rewards for GbG swap exploiters and plenty of it: SoH, Great elephant… no need for even stronger rewards for exploiters.

Guild perks are on themselves an decant concept. Working together towards an common goal. Sharing the burden over the members. Leaders a bit more then less established players. Then enjoying together as an guild new guild tactics it unlocks. No need to turning them into yet another free candy bar for GbG swap exploiters.
The issues of the GBG are the issues of the GBG. Guilds that are successful in one direction will be successful in the other. Ok, let's not GBG. Does the addition to the GE rewards raise any objections? I would also ask about the GVG. But you and I know the answer;)