• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Postponement of Guild Perks

We are asked to explain how we judge that a benefit is not worth the shot / cost (pun in French that jumps to the translation, too bad) perks to be activated.

We check if the perk is already useful:
- if not useful (% of defense of the city for example) we won't go any further => direct trash
- so useful, is it useful for many players?
* if not useful for many players, is it useful for beginners?
§ if not => trash
§ if useful for many players or useful for beginners, is the collective cost greater than the sum of the potential gains (not easy to determinate)
- if yes => trash
- if the cost is lower than the potential gains, is there a way to help for less (for example donating resources directly to a player)
* if another cheaper way => trash
* if no other cheaper means, if useful to the guild and if earnings exceed the costs => the perk will be activated

By following this simple / simplistic algorithm we see that 90% of the perks defined by the developers end up in the trash. And the remaining 10% will depend a lot on the guild profile (a guild with a lot of attackers? a guild with a lot of traders? a guild with only advanced players? a guild with a majority of beginners?)

To help us calculate whether a perk is interesting, the time taken to activate the perk should not be taken into account, the x days of validity should not be at the renewal of the perks but at the date of activation (for example benefit valid for 30 days after activation). And a perk on which we have started to invest should not be renewed.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What advantages could benefit an entire guild?
Not those giving Resources or Gold or Goods which can only help beginners,
not the city defense bonuses of which this aspect has been abandoned by Inno since the beginning,
not the support bonus because it penalizes players on the phone.
So what's left? The Gex, FP and GbG.
These 3 aspects are common to all guild members, whatever their level.
For the Gex, the benefits of guilds could act as the temple.
For FPs, a gain could be awarded at the Town Hall.
For GbG, guild perks could help treasury in complicated ages.

But without meeting the expectations and needs of the players, no improvement will be appreciated, whatever the duration or the difficulty.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Beyond the cost/benefit ratio, which must remain the responsibility of the developers, simply ask yourself what guild advantages should bring.
An advantage for some?
A benefit for all?
An advantage for the guild?
I will focus more on the third point, advantages for the guild.
To reach them, it must not be easy but it requires real mutual aid within the guild.
There are a lot of guilds where the older ones help the younger ones. And there are already the GbGs which penalize the integration of much lower ages within an organized guild.
So don't make guild perks just another excuse to slow down the integration of newcomers into the much lower eras.

The concern of the current policy of FOE is to lose sight of the mutual aid between members. Don't make FOE a lonely game.

To help us calculate whether a perk is interesting, the time taken to activate the perk should not be taken into account, the x days of validity should not be at the renewal of the perks but at the date of activation (for example benefit valid for 30 days after activation). And a perk on which we have started to invest should not be renewed.

I maintain that perks should be permanent, not temporary. So 'renewal' and '30 days' for me are out of scope.

What advantages could benefit an entire guild?
Not those giving Resources or Gold or Goods which can only help beginners,
not the city defense bonuses of which this aspect has been abandoned by Inno since the beginning,
not the support bonus because it penalizes players on the phone.
So what's left? The Gex, FP and GbG.
These 3 aspects are common to all guild members, whatever their level.
For the Gex, the benefits of guilds could act as the temple.
For FPs, a gain could be awarded at the Town Hall.
For GbG, guild perks could help treasury in complicated ages.

But without meeting the expectations and needs of the players, no improvement will be appreciated, whatever the duration or the difficulty.

"not the city defense bonuses of which this aspect has been abandoned by Inno since the beginning," - personally I dont mind if the defenses got a boost. The game is one-sided in this respect.

"not the support bonus because it penalizes players on the phone" - I assume you mean the support pool bonus, There are still lots of guilds that play GvG.

"So what's left? The Gex, FP and GbG." We would have: GEX, GBG, GvG, and Guild levels . The Castle System also provides an area of expansion.
Individual bonusses like defense, money and supplies may not be hot, smaller guilds may still be interested in them.

See my list of Guild perks on page 3, 30 dec., or the more expanded list below.

Last edited:
Instead of donations, the guild might be required to complete a series of quests.
Those things might be:
a. Complete x Daily quests
b. Complete x "Pay y coins" quests.
c. Complete x "Pay y supplies" quests
d. Complete x "Kill y units" quests
e. Complete x "Find y incidents" quests
f. Complete x "Defend successfully in PvP tower y times" quests
g. Complete x "Win y times a battle in PvP tower" quests
(I know PvP tower is not popular, it's just a possibility. I exclude GvG on purpose, as all quests should be doable on both PC and mobile)
Because the donations are still part of the system, this can be viewed as an extended version of donations.
The quests could be shown as a fourth icon below story quests, daily quest, and event quests.

The list of quests above of course just lists examples of some old and some new quests, Other quests are possible, see event quests and daily quests for more existing quest types..

Last edited:
Here's a list of ideas for possible perks. They are based on my post dec 30. I group them by subject, and divide them over several posts to make it easier to comment on them.

GBG:
BG1 - In GBG a guild gets additional building spaces (1, 2, 3 etc, depending on perk level) in sectors adjacent to its starting sector. These extra places are not available to other guilds. So any siege camp over the normal limit is automatically eliminated if its taken. The 1, 2 and 3 are distributed over all adjacent provinces.
BG2 - In GBG, the guild may put a 'fine' on 1 other guild, once per GBG round of 10 days. The size of the fine is based on the level of the perk. The fine consists of extra attrition suffered by the members of the penalized guild. In the current situation, I see GBG where 2 guilds swap the entire map every 4 hours. With these fines, the 5 or 6 other guilds have a chance to gang up on the 2 big members.
BG3 - The guild may put an extra exhaustion % on an indicated sector, in addition to other penalties. % of course depending on perk level. Still to decide: reset which sector once per day? Or once per game?
BG4 - The guild may subtract a % from exhaustion from an indicated sector. Also still to be decided wether once a day new appointment of sector, or permanent for 10-day period.

GEX:
EX1 - In GE a guild may open an extra 5th level withe 2, 4, 6, 8 etc engagements depending on Perk level.
EX2 - Guilds get a % extra on their result of the GE (the part that goes into raising a guilds level)
EX3 - Guilds get an extra % on their completing % of GE. So Guilds may finish above 133%, with for example a guild with this level at 10 might end at 143% instead of 133%. That doesn't directly change the contribution, though it does make a big difference in chances in winning 1rst place in the GE-pool.
EX4 - Guilds pay % less goods when negotiating

GvG (I know this is not popular here on beta forum, but there are still plenty of guilds which still require observatory etc for GvG. Here on beta, I see Army of darkness, Explorers and Legendary knights mentioning observatory / GvG in their profile)
V1 - In GvG a guild might gain an advantage by adding a % to the support pool.
V2 - In GvG a guild has to pay a % less goods for laying siege to new sectors.
V3 - In GvG a guild may indicate 1 sector as a "Key position", and guild leaders may allocate a % of support pool to that sector (% of course depending on perk level)
V4 - In GvG increase the support pool production of Observatories by x %
V5 - in GvG add x defending units in a 2nd wave of defenders.
V6 - Perk that allows guild leaders to switch a certain amount or % of guild power to guild support pool.
V7 - Perk increases Guild support pool output of Observatories by x%
V8 - Perk increases Guild support pool output of Saint Basil's Cathedral by 8%

Guild levels:
L1 - Guilds get a % extra on their Guild prestige generated by the guild level, making the guild appear higher in the ranking list
L2 - Guilds get a % extra on the guild power gained from GE
L3 - Guilds get a % extra on the prestige gained from GvG
L4 - Guilds get an extra % on the prestige gained from GBG
L5 - Perk that lowers the number of points required for a new guild level by x%
L6 - Perk that allows guild leaders to switch a certain amount or % of guild support pool to guild power

General
G1 - What about a Perk that allows a guild to accept more members than 80 (with a guild with this perk at 10 allowing 90 instead of 80 members)
G2 - allow a guild to define 1 other guild as 'friendly'. Members of the friendly guild can not be attacked. The relation is displayed in the profile. Relation works only one way, to avoid abuse. To work both ways, the other guild should do the same.
G3 - the first x trades between members of friendly guilds are without fp - penalty. 'x' off course depending on perk level.
G4 - Guild leaders may trade goods between guild treasuries of befriended? guilds x times daily or weekly. (I think there's a danger for abuse here, but there's also scope for diplomacy)

Warrior816

Farmer
Will this feature be reintroduced?
While the feature will not be available in the short-term (after December 28th), it is still very much in our plans for 2022. Indeed, the feature still has a solid foundation, and we look forward to building on that and providing you with an updated version in the coming year.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
Will they delay the shutdown of GvG now that they delay the Raid??? If not, what action do they want us to play while waiting on GR??

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Will they delay the shutdown of GvG now that they delay the Raid??? If not, what action do they want us to play while waiting on GR??
What did I miss with delayed raids? This topic is about guild perks. A decent concept but badly executed: poor perks, high costs and downright bad costs/value ratio. They basically were unlocked by leaders selecting a perk for the guild and huge donations. It's something entirely different than raids. From my understanding raids is vastly more complex.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
What did I miss with delayed raids? This topic is about guild perks. A decent concept but badly executed: poor perks, high costs and downright bad costs/value ratio. They basically were unlocked by leaders selecting a perk for the guild and huge donations. It's something entirely different than raids. From my understanding raids is vastly more complex.
Must have misread it c",) Thanks for the reply