• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Create the missing Perks! Discussion

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
Edited by Juber:
Perk_Contest.png

It seems like some of you want to discuss some Perks/general Contest. This is the place were you can do this!
Create the missing Perks!

___

Name: Perk Lovers
Level 1:
+ You can activate one additional Perk
+ All Perks require 10% less donations

Level 2:
+ All Perks require 20% less donations

Level 3:
+ You can activate two additional Perks
+ All Perks require 25% less donations

Shouldn't it be two additional perks? One perk is already needed for this!
So all that is left is a donation reduction for the other still unused perk slots! That would be a sum of 30-75% fewer donations for the other three, but an extra 100% donation for this. The result is an overall loss. You get less back than you pay!

Last edited by a moderator:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Shouldn't it be two additional perks? One perk is already needed for this!
So all that is left is a donation reduction for the other still unused perk slots! That would be a sum of 30-75% fewer donations for the other three, but an extra 100% donation for this. The result is an overall loss. You get less back than you pay!
No, this is intended. It gives you the option to focus on this Perk first. If your guild is very active, it will be usefull to get this Perk to Level 3. If you only get it to level 1 or 2 it is an overall loss, yes.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Think about balancing: The Perk should not be way too strong or way too weak.
  • Perks, that give effects like '+1500% Attack boost', '100 shrines of knowledge every day' and '0.01% chance to receive a good after negotiations' are not good choices.
Reading some of the unbalanced or totally aberrant proposals, I wonder if the developers are not coming here.
Let's stay serious!
Too bad we can't dislike!

Name: The harvest of Fame.
Level 1:
+ 10% to collect guild power from Halls of Fame and Statues of Honor (Elephants).
+ 10% to the personal ranking of players for goods spending.
-1% to all guild level boosts.
Level 2:
+ 15% to collect guild power from Halls of Fame and Statues of Honor (Elephants)..
+ 15% to the personal ranking of players for goods spending.
-2% to all guild level boosts.
Level 3:
+ 25% to collect guild power from Halls of Fame and Statues of Honor (Elephants)..
+ 25% to the personal ranking of players for goods spending.
-3% to all guild level boosts.

-x% to all guild level boosts. sounds vague to me.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Reading some of the unbalanced or totally aberrant proposals, I wonder if the developers are not coming here.
Let's stay serious!
Too bad we can't dislike!
Well, if you think they are way to unbalanced, just don't give them a like :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
This is up to me, but guidle perks should only be for actions within the guild or for the good of the guild.
Motivations of friends or interactions between neighbors are unrelated to the guild.

EG, GvG, CBG, treasury donations, guild members' motivations should be more in the spotlight.

The pros and cons don't shock me that they are individual, just like the guild bonuses with its level.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
Perk name: Guild fighter
L1: +2% attack in GBG

L2: +5% attack in GBG
-3% attack in GE

L3: +7% attack in GBG
-5% attack in GE

You can already get better attack bonuses in the tavern (10/20/30%) or with a potion.
And when you are in the Venus Age, like me, and already have an attack power > 900% and an attack defense > 800%, such extra bonus is not worth all the effort and goods.

Last edited:

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
Name: Perk Lovers
Level 1:
+ All Perks require 10% less donations

Level 2:
+ All Perks require 20% less donations

Level 3:
+ You can activate two additional Perks
+ All Perks require 25% less donations

Do I understand this right? You get one extra perk at level 1, another extra perk at level 2 and two more perks at level 3. So after finishing level 3 of you can activate a total of 7 perks?

I was thinking about writing a perk where you can double your active perks to six, but this would even be better!:)

Oligarchy

Farmer
Name: A Present for you
Level 1:
+ every guild member (except Leaders) gets 20 Forge Points every day
+ every guild member (except Leaders) gets 10 of each good of their era every day
- Guild Leaders produce 10% less forge points (except great buildings)
- Guild Leaders produce 10% less goods (except great buildings)

Level 2:
+ every guild member (except Leaders) gets 35 Forge Points every day
+ every guild member (except Leaders) gets 20 of each good of their era every day

Level 3:
+ every guild member (except Leaders) gets 50 Forge Points every day
+ every guild member (except Leaders) gets 25 of each good of their era

Yikes!!! You must have been in some really bad guilds. I dont understand why youd feel the need to penalize leaders? Leaders do more,give more, help more,and sacrifice a ton to help the guild and all of its members. Its a thankless job that can only be done well by selfless individuals, true team players. The are already penalized by the their generous nature. But you suggest helping the guild and hurting them? Ouch.... thats either very messed up, or youve had some messed up leaders.
A mandatory requirement that a player must have before they are even considered for leadership in my guild is that they must selflessly and consistently help others or the guild as a whole. Knowing this Im sure you can now understand my aversion to this suggestion.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Yikes!!! You must have been in some really bad guilds. I dont understand why youd feel the need to penalize leaders? Leaders do more,give more, help more,and sacrifice a ton to help the guild and all of its members. Its a thankless job that can only be done well by selfless individuals, true team players. The are already penalized by the their generous nature. But you suggest helping the guild and hurting them? Ouch.... thats either very messed up, or youve had some messed up leaders.
A mandatory requirement that a player must have before they are even considered for leadership in my guild is that they must selflessly and consistently help others or the guild as a whole. Knowing this Im sure you can now understand my aversion to this suggestion.
Actually, I am a guild leader myself. In most guilds, it is like this: Guild Leaders are the more experienced players and they are already further into the game. I would personally activate the perk, just to help my guild mates out.
I put a lot of thoughts into my ideas, for example for this one I also considered, that guild may change, who has this roll. It is better, the less players have it, but some have to have it. And you can't just give it to someone to screw him over, because the right comes with many other things. The Perk also gets better, the bigger the guild is.
So no, I was not in some really bad guild, neither is the idea "messed up". Good guild leaders want to give as much as they can to the guild. With this perk, they can give this "gift" to the other players.
And finally, if you don't like the perk, you can just not activate it. Guild Leaders always have to activate the perks :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually, I am a guild leader myself. In most guilds, it is like this: Guild Leaders are the more experienced players and they are already further into the game. I would personally activate the perk, just to help my guild mates out.
I put a lot of thoughts into my ideas, for example for this one I also considered, that guild may change, who has this roll. It is better, the less players have it, but some have to have it. And you can't just give it to someone to screw him over, because the right comes with many other things. The Perk also gets better, the bigger the guild is.
So no, I was not in some really bad guild, neither is the idea "messed up". Good guild leaders want to give as much as they can to the guild. With this perk, they can give this "gift" to the other players.
And finally, if you don't like the perk, you can just not activate it. Guild Leaders always have to activate the perks :)
I think the intentions behind the perk are good but the sacrifice just being too much for most leaders. Missing out on
the bonuses the perk could offer would already been an decant sacrifice on it's own. The downside of compromising
resource production from leaders would do more harm than good. As those resources could've been used well in
GB boost systems. EG 1.85, 1.9+ booster lineups or aiding newbies to getting the ball rolling in their GB in fps
exchange lines, etc.
That been said I do like the concept and you're way of thinking for a perk. Aiding the smaller and weaker members
to accelerate their growth. Which is beneficial for the guild entirely. As you're as weak as you're weakest shackle,
they said.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I think the intentions behind the perk are good but the sacrifice just being too much for most leaders. Missing out on
the bonuses the perk could offer would already been an decant sacrifice on it's own. The downside of compromising
resource production from leaders would do more harm than good. As those resources could've been used well in
GB boost systems. EG 1.85, 1.9+ booster lineups or aiding newbies to getting the ball rolling in their GB in fps
exchange lines, etc.
That been said I do like the concept and you're way of thinking for a perk. Aiding the smaller and weaker members
to accelerate their growth. Which is beneficial for the guild entirely. As you're as weak as you're weakest shackle,
they said.

as a guild leader I give thousands of goods and FP's, daily as well as help and support, be that advice or whatever players need, a level on a GB for 1FP so they get medals, FP's and BP's (some of these levels cost me/us a lot of FP's and time to prime these buildings at the right time so the GB's are not sniped by none guild members) our leaders and higher era members give support to all our members, even our lower level members are encouraged to think about how they can help other members and all ideas are rewarded even if not used. jeepz do these people even play the game they design or moderate o

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding the format of the contest, and as someone who benefitted from it, the format heavily slanted towards people who posted their suggestions early (and thus collected likes for a longer time - and even later on, earlier posts are more likely to be seen by someone who just reads the contest from the top-down). I think future contests of this nature could benefit from some methodology to give a fairer shake to later entries. A separate poll might be troublesome to get interest for, so I'm not sure what a good idea would be to determine a winner.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Regarding the format of the contest, and as someone who benefitted from it, the format heavily slanted towards people who posted their suggestions early (and thus collected likes for a longer time - and even later on, earlier posts are more likely to be seen by someone who just reads the contest from the top-down). I think future contests of this nature could benefit from some methodology to give a fairer shake to later entries. A separate poll might be troublesome to get interest for, so I'm not sure what a good idea would be to determine a winner.
Actually, that was an intended side effect. I just noticed, that I forgot to add one comment to the final version of the contest announcement. I wanted to add, that you have to be fast, because posting your idea earlier, would also increase the time your idea could be voted for.
With this I wanted to encourage you to post the ideas as fast as possible, so you come up with more original ideas. :)
But if most agree with you, I can think of another way to do it in the future :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually, that was an intended side effect. I just noticed, that I forgot to add one comment to the final version of the contest announcement. I wanted to add, that you have to be fast, because posting your idea earlier, would also increase the time your idea could be voted for.
With this I wanted to encourage you to post the ideas as fast as possible, so you come up with more original ideas. :)
But if most agree with you, I can think of another way to do it in the future :)

I think the idea limit should also have been lower than 10 perhaps. 3 maybe? I can understand you wanted more than 1 in this case if the idea was to actually gather a variety of useful ideas. But 10 with the forum format means pretty much a full page of posts that belong to one person.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I think the idea limit should also have been lower than 10 perhaps. 3 maybe? I can understand you wanted more than 1 in this case if the idea was to actually gather a variety of useful ideas. But 10 with the forum format means pretty much a full page of posts that belong to one person.
Yeah, I noticed, that 10 was a bit too much too. I just wanted to get as many ideas as possible without limiting the ideas you have. Since I created contest for the German Forum in the past, I tried to scale it accordingly, but seems like I did not a good job doing this. ^^
Speaking of it, I just came up with an idea, but I will have to ask, if I can do this here in the forum. :)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Did you all like the image I created for the contest? I tried to mimic the current guild perks header image and adjust it to fit to the story with frosty and his friends. Did anyone notice? ^^

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
out of the 6 most popular suggestions, there is a link 4 times with the GE and 3 with the GbG.
These are therefore the main concerns of players.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
out of the 6 most popular suggestions, there is a link 4 times with the GE and 3 with the GbG.
These are therefore the main concerns of players.
I have another idea: Maybe, but only maybe, hear me out, this is because they are Guild Features and they are fitting for the Guild Perks. :eek:
Ok, sorry, I just had to write it. Please do not hold it against me. ^^