• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

Fenix

Viceroy
As I said, I would like to try this GB. I am an active plunder. I still have not encountered a player with it, but my perception is that this GB should initially give a bigger protection (not only a number of times, but also % of success). I would say a much bigger protection.

Ps. If someone already has it, add me as a friend (nick Fenix), I will help you raise it.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I don't agree that this GB is in any way balanced
for the owner somewhere above level 20 it is a:
congratulation you have 1 plundering less in your city (on average: 1 would be 3 times and 33.3%)
(at level 10 is is 1 plundering less every 2nd day on average)

so what values would be balanced for you ?

HannahMecoe

Merchant
Thinks: is this a replacement for the Oracle? Same footprint... same process for getting it....

The Oracle isn’t really very useful, apart from showing new players how to raise and feed a GB, but this sounds like a far more useful building for a newcomer. And higher-era cities are more likely to contribute to it too.

Emberguard

Emperor
so what values would be balanced for you ?
I don't find this something that could ever be balanced on %'s alone as then you're relying on it not activating to balance it. The bonus itself would have to change so it's not just cancelling out a win. Even if it meant Atlantis Museum and Voyager ignoring Galata while the base production staying in tact at least then you'd have a counter to it.

antoto51

Farmer
this GM is not bad but there are 2 concerns I find:

it doesn't ask for resources, it's weird, the temple of the relics and the observatory ask for it, except they are of the same age (ageless), the oracle does not ask for any but it seems normal to me, it is included in the main quests at the start, except we don't have any resources yet at this stage of the game, so it doesn't cost anything but this GM is not implemented from the start so the resources will be unlocked and we could therefore pay some resources to put it down (10-20 ress from each ADB, like the observatory)

the second concern is the attempts I find, currently we could compare it to the kraken or to the virgo project, there are a number of attempts with important% then it is no longer useful, I think it will be a good one thing to withdraw the attempts and modify the% a bit, more in the style of the orangery

FrejaSP

Viceroy
For beginners it is great. Against other beginners, they may be able to defend their city but against this players hanging i low ages for ever, they only have one defence, harvest begore the plunder success it.
Now this little GB may have a little chance to make the plunder fail and I belive that will give the beginner a little joy to know it.

For the plunder, it won't happen that offen, they can still plunder men will have a risk for failing. I believe that is fine.

bones42024

Farmer
this GM is not bad but there are 2 concerns I find:

it doesn't ask for resources, it's weird, the temple of the relics and the observatory ask for it, except they are of the same age (ageless), the oracle does not ask for any but it seems normal to me, it is included in the main quests at the start, except we don't have any resources yet at this stage of the game, so it doesn't cost anything but this GM is not implemented from the start so the resources will be unlocked and we could therefore pay some resources to put it down (10-20 ress from each ADB, like the observatory)

the second concern is the attempts I find, currently we could compare it to the kraken or to the virgo project, there are a number of attempts with important% then it is no longer useful, I think it will be a good one thing to withdraw the attempts and modify the% a bit, more in the style of the orangery

It's fairly week for repelling plunders, anyway, especially at low levels where most of the smaller players will have them (hard to get prints to level a GB much past 10 without a high level arc and with minimal fp income dedicating the fp's to raise it slows city growth) and It only has 2 charges until the teens and even up to 20 only 3 charges, and less than a 50% success rate. It's best value is really as a small cheap goods producer and those people that will want to dedicate the resources to leveling it high will be doing so more for the goods and wont' really care about the repel plunder feature for anything more than annoying unfriendly hoodies in the top hoods. I'll probably build it in most of my cities for the goods production, I rarely get attacked and almost always collect on time so plunder is of no effect. The players that actually get the prints via the quest line aren't going to want to spend several hundred goods for a small chance of preventing people from stealing their goods.

AGranolaBar

Squire
I've tried to find players that have the GB. People I know in early ages have tried doing stuff around the city and quests to get this going. No result.
We might need some more details to get this going.

CrashBoom

Legend
People I know in early ages have tried doing stuff around the city and quests to get this going. No result.
We might need some more details to get this going.
at some point in "early game" a questline will start and give the BP

the exact point isn't reported yet

early game doesn't mean it is in the early middle age
probably earlier

if I would have made it I would trigger it by researching Military Tactics in iron age
reason is simple: at that point player can start attacking and plundering other

AGranolaBar

Squire
at some point in "early game" a questline will start and give the BP

the exact point isn't reported yet

early game doesn't mean it is in the early middle age
probably earlier

if I would have made it I would trigger it by researching Military Tactics in iron age
reason is simple: at that point player can start attacking and plundering other
I meant details from Inno, sorry. I had a quote there but it did not attach.
I assume they meant for us to build this GB so they should help us get the ball rolling by offering the info of where does this questline happen/how can people trigger it.

I like this GB but it's difficult to test anything when we can't get any BP. We have to wait until some new players get it. It would be nice to have some information about the quests (what triggers them, what they are) and, maybe, for the sake of testing, to be able to do these quests even if we're too advanced. Maybe a bunch of players could be drawn to receive the quest or the BP and test the the Galata Tower.

CrashBoom

Legend
I bet it will be released on live before somebody gets it on beta :D

the advanced players don't get it
the players who could get it aren't playing or campers who don't want to research whatever is needed (a player who avoided military tactics sure won't research it now. or maybe one researches it and it is something else)

antoto51

Farmer
It's fairly week for repelling plunders, anyway, especially at low levels where most of the smaller players will have them (hard to get prints to level a GB much past 10 without a high level arc and with minimal fp income dedicating the fp's to raise it slows city growth) and It only has 2 charges until the teens and even up to 20 only 3 charges, and less than a 50% success rate. It's best value is really as a small cheap goods producer and those people that will want to dedicate the resources to leveling it high will be doing so more for the goods and wont' really care about the repel plunder feature for anything more than annoying unfriendly hoodies in the top hoods. I'll probably build it in most of my cities for the goods production, I rarely get attacked and almost always collect on time so plunder is of no effect. The players that actually get the prints via the quest line aren't going to want to spend several hundred goods for a small chance of preventing people from stealing their goods.
the thing is that if at level 20 we were let a good% (good = 50%) at level 80 it will be a trux of patients, we will exceed 90% (it will have the same stats as the kraken)

given the cost to assemble it which is the same as the oracle (less than the time and the observatory which are also in ageless) I wonder if this GM will not come to replace the oracle which is not used strictly for nothing

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
I think it's a nice to have especially for beginners on live servers, who are unlocking military tactics too early - and it could easily replace Babel for them (as new event buildings give enough population and goods are more rare). Whether and in which grade it helps to repel plunders, has to be tested, as we all know, that given percentages are still giving randomresults.
Anyway, it would be nice to have the chance to test it :) The fact, that absolutely nobody has it 2 days after announcement, is suspicious. Pls give us a hint ♥

Goldra

Marquis
A lot of players had asked for a GB for newbies, better than delphi oracle. Game gives you the blueprints of this GB, but all players delete it sooner or later. This galta tower, will be placed in most citys that likes goods GB, becuase its the best one, and now, you will have a good GB given by the game to expend your fp.