• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Great Building: The Galata Tower!

AGranolaBar

Squire
"Blueprints can be obtained via an early game quest line"
can we also get more details on this? does a certain action cause this quest to start up? maybe one not so obvious

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Seems like a good GB for folks starting out. It's visually pleasing.
It could be advantageous for the rest if us as well since it's no age (cheap to level) and 3x3 - for goods.
Dudettas, can you give us a number on that? Goods produced at key point/higher levels? Wiki says 12/24 at level 10.

I have added some further information to the initial post. I hope this helps!

"Blueprints can be obtained via an early game quest line"
can we also get more details on this? does a certain action cause this quest to start up? maybe one not so obvious
@Dudettas

Could you tell us after what story quest ?

I'm sorry but as already indicated, I don't have this information at this time.

It should have been attrition repel, first 5 fights that would have given attrition have X% chance of repelling that instance of attrition. That would have been a GB diamond players would have dropped mad cash to get to level 100 very fast.

It not too late Inno.... You guys have the real attack/plunder statistics, it's nowhere near enough to justify this building.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That is all. Plunder is hard enough to make worthwhile as is. Passively repelling it?

Moderator note : removed disguised swearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
For beginners it looks like a nice to have GB at least. Since every beginner can build it for sure (quest line), at no costs at all, it is a very helpful building especially from the goods point of view, which I would consider to be the main effect, while the anti-plundering effect is just a bonus.

Apart from Ropery and Paper Mill its goods production from level 18 on is the same or (much) better compared to normal Goods Buildings and its production per square is much better than the one of Babel.

In addition I do like the idea that Inno is giving a new GB for beginners, too! :) It's also a building for players focusing mainly on trading (must have I'd say), for fighters of course, it's of less importance, but might be still useful to annoy plundering neighbours a little bit!

Will players not in the BA or IA ages be able to start the early game quest line? Or they will need to get the BPs by the other methods like investing FPs in Galata Towers already built?

Sinitar

Regent
If you are not in the early stages of the game then you will need to invest in the Great Buildings of players who have it for blueprints.
But before you have mentioned only the Ema players can have the quest line for the galata tower

Arwaren

Squire
By the way, buildings that give a percentage boost to the defending army are even more useless. I have a suspicion that Inno Games knew about it at the time of designing this Great Building. That's why we got the PvP Arena, where the game took the parameters of the defending army. Maybe the PvP Arena turned out to be a failure due to the rush. They wanted this feature to be released as soon as possible and the quality suffered. Why invest in defense now when looting can be repelled?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
In the second announcement post with the stats, the links for information about the GB bonuses are for the testwiki, which no normal players can see...

[EDIT] Also tried researching PvP, thinking that might trigger the questline. It didn't.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
I don't get the negativeness of the GB. its small, 3x3, it will give Goods as well, it will occasionally stop a plunder. It doesn't cost Goods to build. I'm assuming the initial idea/purpose is for younger aged players, Iron, Ema, maybe even Hma, to help them vs the longtime players in those ages who haven't aged up, have numerous GB's above their age, and just attacking new players/young players daily. Sure the Plunderers aren't crushing it with big rewards, but to the Plunderee they hurt. Yes they Plunderers will still attack, they will still get to plunder more often than not, but at least its something for the players starting out. Just like Oracle, its nice to have at the start, but after a few ages, you delete it. If Inno doesn't want players to delete it like Oracle, then boost the Good output to make it more intriguing to keep, but based on the how they will hand out the prints via quest to young aged players, I don't think that is the plan with this GB to worry about older era players.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't get the negativeness of the GB. its small, 3x3, it will give Goods as well, it will occasionally stop a plunder. It doesn't cost Goods to build. I'm assuming the initial idea/purpose is for younger aged players, Iron, Ema, maybe even Hma, to help them vs the longtime players in those ages who haven't aged up, have numerous GB's above their age, and just attacking new players/young players daily. Sure the Plunderers aren't crushing it with big rewards, but to the Plunderee they hurt. Yes they Plunderers will still attack, they will still get to plunder more often than not, but at least its something for the players starting out. Just like Oracle, its nice to have at the start, but after a few ages, you delete it. If Inno doesn't want players to delete it like Oracle, then boost the Good output to make it more intriguing to keep, but based on the how they will hand out the prints via quest to young aged players, I don't think that is the plan with this GB to worry about older era players.

Personally my negativity towards this !@#$ is that I don't want others to have it. Plundering is unappealing enough in terms of effort/reward - it doesn't need more things in the way!

Snownothere

Farmer
Absolute garbage. For the amount of forge points spent leveling this up you could buy the goods many times over on what this will produce.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Absolute garbage. For the amount of forge points spent leveling this up you could buy the goods many times over on what this will produce.

Don't really think that's true. Not that you really want those goods probably anyways. But:

Let's say you have to pay 150 FP per 1000 OF goods (whyever it is you want them). That's about the rate goods sellers want to offload them at.

It'll take 15000ish FP to level this little turd to 60. So you could buy 100k OF goods for that. This building at 60 will output 124 OF goods a day for a SAAB player. So you're looking at ~800 days to payoff the FP value of the goods it makes. Given what people are working on these days for GBs, that's a pretty solid turnaround time (better for instance than taking HC from 58 to 91 which some people do). If for some reason you want more OF goods ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And if you are in the lower ages, you can trade those OF goods down for many times over.

If anyone actually wants to take them off your hands. I've never recommended people buying goods do the buy high and trade down approach because weeks later they wind up frustrated that they're not moving.