• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Feature "Guild raids"?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I suspect there’ll be a parallel TT. Iron Age might be the starting age. I won’t be surprised if we’re advancing a 2nd city. Part of the parallel universe of guild raids. I just hope when we’ll get down to the space ages we won’t get an parallel colony, lol.
Yes, I am really curious how it is going to be. One common city for the guild where everybody participates to its development ? And then we fight by age ?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes, I am really curious how it is going to be. One common city for the guild where everybody participates to its development ? And then we fight by age ?
I’m curious too. Another possibility is it being a secondary city like the colonies. Acting similar to our main city when interacting with GE and GbG. Much like the ancient Egypt settlement.

i was under the impression that we'd have a 'guild city' where the units and goods are produced, which can then be used in the fights on the map etc
Quite the opposite. Is it practical that 80 players manage one single city together? I don't see how I will ever need to visit it because there will be so many other people trying to place buildings or collect goods. It would be chaos. That could be solved by allowing only a few people with admin rights to manage the city. But why would other players then bother to visit it? Also, there is no mention of such a position in the leaks so far. We only have a "Guild Raid Officer" who can choose nodes on the castle map and that's it. Supposedly this Guild Raid Officer will also have the power to activate a hero buff.

It makes more sense that we all have our own cities/outposts. There we can collect fragments for Neo Colossus, Neo Zeus, etc. The Quantum goods that we produce might be needed for unlocking the next difficulty levels.

The castle map on the other hand is most likely a shared map because the announcement of Juber mentions: "With Guild Raids, we want to introduce a new concept of a Guild quest in which the participants move together from one point of the quest to another, winning rewards on the way."

Of peculiar interest are the HUD's that Nova posted. Take a look at these:

qdsfqdf.jpg

The little icon above the red node looks like a player. Does this mean you can see which players are at that node? If you hover your mouse over it, will you see every guild member who is currently there? That would be cool. I have always thought that this should be done in GE as well, so that you can see where your guildies are. It creates motivation to exceed them. "Just one more encounter and I am ahead of PrincessCornelia68."

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have always thought that this should be done in GE as well, so that you can see where your guildies are. It creates motivation to exceed them. "Just one more encounter and I am ahead of PrincessCornelia68."
This already exist in GE since its beginning. It's possible to see how many encounters everyone has completed. It's presented as: X/64 encounters. GE5 encounters are counted as bonus encounters. No need to overcomplicate stuff by giving more ways to seeing their progress. It's already motivating to see how your doing compared to your peers at a score board.

Personally I rather believe that guild goods are required to advance. Quantum goods and units are used for negotiations/battles. Quantum goods probably are also used to unlock more of the TT. Assuming a TT exist for the feature.
It makes the most sense to me. With the limited information we got so far. Probably it's similar to ancient Egypt's settlement. That the battles/neg. are in a more controlled environment. Compared to GbG/GE where we have acces to the full might of event buildings.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
The castle map on the other hand is most likely a shared map because the announcement of Juber mentions: "With Guild Raids, we want to introduce a new concept of a Guild quest in which the participants move together from one point of the quest to another, winning rewards on the way."
I guess I am repeating myself, but this system does look like a event in Elvenar , where all players move on the same map and need to provide with goods, ressources, units, etc to move from one point to the other. I guess that in GR we might have the possibility (or obligation) to do fights instead of providing stuff.
The guild officer mentionned somewhere would be the player in charge of choosing the path (assuming there are several paths to choose from)

Legendary Kata

Merchant
If they add the Fellowship Adventures feature in FoE I am all in for it! I personally think it will be a better substitute for GvG and will be more rewarding for anyone no matter if it is a small alliance or a big alliance. I played Elvenar for a solid bit and I do hop in every now and then but that Fellowship Adventure is by far the best balanced feature they have added for getting previous year's event buildings upgrades and other OP buildings

Looking at the same quote that @Charles el Britannia mentioned: "With Guild Raids, we want to introduce a new concept of a Guild quest in which the participants move together from one point of the quest to another, winning rewards on the way.". I'm definitely thinking that the quest steps act as gates that are opened based either on accumulated contributions of the members, and/or by a certain threshold of players completing that step. So it would be a series of challenges/quests?? That every member must complete - suitably adjusted for their era?

I think that that will lead to much resentment in the guild if it's designed like that. Leaders would PM the absent players and say "Hurry up and complete your next GR encounter because you are preventing us from making progress". Players would get kicked for not contributing fast enough. It would be really bad for guild cohesion and atmosphere.

My guess is that it will be more like GE where we start on lvl 1 and begin fighting the first encounters. We get less attempts than in GE but you can win some extra attempts as rewards. Maybe after the first day you are done with lvl 1 but advancing to the next level might be locked behind: a) contribution of Quantum goods from our outposts, and/or b) enough players reaching the final stage (the castle) of level 1 (and then lvl 2 and so on). That second requirement could be the part where "participants move together" as stated in the announcement. It would be more fair to place the treshold requirement on the final encounter instead of on each encounter.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Players would get kicked for not contributing fast enough. It would be really bad for guild cohesion and atmosphere.
Doesn’t that happen with fanatic GbG guilds already? Didn’t hear about mass outcries of competitive GnG being bad for those reasons. So, doubt it would affect guilds that badly
It would be perfect to kick vegetables xd
I doubt any fantastically competitive guild isn’t purging regularly. To remain competitive

Doesn’t that happen with fanatic GbG guilds already? Didn’t hear about mass outcries of competitive GnG being bad for those reasons. So, doubt it would affect guilds that badly

I doubt any fantastically competitive guild isn’t purging regularly. To remain competitive
yup, but it was kind of sarcastic
cuz this would require every day activity and GB even on top of the top allow few players to have a day break and still they will do minimum and can be on top.