• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Feature "Guild raids"?

Doesn’t that happen with fanatic GbG guilds already? Didn’t hear about mass outcries of competitive GnG being bad for those reasons. So, doubt it would affect guilds that badly
No, those are the most dedicated and hardcore guilds and they make up only a very small minority of the player base. Like 1%-2% or so. I'm in the number 4 guild of my server and we are nowhere near that competitive. I doubt even our number 1 guild can expect all players to log in every 8 hours to fight 1 encounter in GR.
If it already would be a problem for us then it would really screw less active guilds like medium diamond, low diamond, platinum and the deplorables below platinum.

ironsage

Merchant
In Rise of cultures I know there are guilds that require you to be active every 6 hours to do 4 encounters in ath so they all get ath 60 by Wednesday night( 36 hours after ath starts)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
No, those are the most dedicated and hardcore guilds and they make up only a very small minority of the player base. Like 1%-2% or so. I'm in the number 4 guild of my server and we are nowhere near that competitive. I doubt even our number 1 guild can expect all players to log in every 8 hours to fight 1 encounter in GR.
If it already would be a problem for us then it would really screw less active guilds like medium diamond, low diamond, platinum and the deplorables below platinum.
I doubt it'll reach that level of severity. If I must believe the guilds' leaders that exploit(ed) the 4h lock in the GbG. That their members have a rotation system of every 4h to hit provinces. I doubt they can't set up an 8h rotation, if they already succeed at the 4h rotation.

Either way, we'll see what happens. Wouldn't stress out over speculation. It might be as unforgiving as feared, it might be more forgiving.

Finally:
"We also want to give you a bit more details on what we are working on at the moment. We the Wildlife event is still active on beta for a few days! We did some balancing changes already, not only to the Event itself, but also the Rival Challenges! Guild Raids are near completion as well! You can test them very soon on beta. Make sure to join a Guild beforehand."

Found some more text from tooltips in the game files. It's definitely going to be named Quantum Incursion (like the Turkish community manager earlier leaked). The adjective Quantum is everywhere.

GR|Place the Quantum Shard Expansions adjacent to your Quantum Settlement grid for more space to build.
GR|These expansions can only be used in the settlement you are currently playing. Upon finishing this Quantum Incursion, they will not carry over to any other settlement.
GR|These expansions can be bought with any Quantum Good. Place the expansions adjacent to your Quantum Settlement grid for more space to build.
GR|Buy more Quantum Actions
GR|A Quantum Officer can unlock this level.
GR|Defeat the previous boss to unlock this difficulty
GR|Do you really want to remove this impediment? The removal will cost Quantum Shards
GR|Research 'Chain of Command' in the tech tree to unlock Quantum Incursion.
GR|The total amount of Quantum Actions spend within this Quantum Incursion.
GR|The total amount of Progress Points generated within this Quantum Incursion
GR|Unleash the treasures from another world, including the prestigious grand prize, as you progress in the Quantum Pass. Valid until the end of the Quantum Championship.
GR|Finish the first Quantum Map to gain access to the rewards at the end of the Incursion
GR|Collect enough Progress Points by participating on the nodes and unlock additional free chest with each full Progress Points bar here.
GR|Choose one of the following Quantum Goods to pay for this type of expansion.
GR|You can remove an impediment by paying Quantum Shards. This can be done within the build mode.
GR|Quantum Coins, collected from residential buildings within the current Settlement, are cruicial throughout the whole Quantum Incursion. At the end of each Incursion this resource will be reset.
GR|The total progress of a guild within this Quantum Championship
GR|The amount of won Championships.
GR|Noone has contributed to this node's progress yet
GR|This node is currently locked. To unlock it all preceding nodes on the same path must be cleared first
GR|Successfully finish a challenge to definitely gain more Progress Points and to increase the chance for individual rewards
GR|You unlocked all extra free chests!
GR|You haven't gathered enough progress points to unlock an extra free chest
GR|Finish your raid to collect your rewards!
GR|"There are two ways we can go, but we only have the resources to take one! What should it be?
GR|Find featured rewards! You can open reward chests when the current raid is over. The cost will rise with every chest
GR|On placement %d a guild is eligible for the following rewards. Fragments will be handed out immediately, whereas Guild Power will be added within 24 hours after an incursion ends.
GR|Your current difficulty.

Last edited:
A new image has been uploaded with several chests. The big green chest is the "end_legend_reward_chest". Perhaps if you defeat the final boss?

guild_raids_windows_0-faf1aac51.png

The URL for the event pass grand prize chest is mentioned but the image is still a placeholder. When the link breaks or the image is updated then we know guild raids is nearing more towards completion.

guild_raids_event_pass_grand_prize_chest-e0f4bb4d5.png

guild_raids_event_pass_grand_prize_chest

Last edited:
Finally:
"We also want to give you a bit more details on what we are working on at the moment. We the Wildlife event is still active on beta for a few days! We did some balancing changes already, not only to the Event itself, but also the Rival Challenges! Guild Raids are near completion as well! You can test them very soon on beta. Make sure to join a Guild beforehand."
where does this announcement come from?

CrashBoom

Legend
and I thought they were already near completion beginning of December 2023
because that was the original time plan to deactivate GvG and release raids shortly after :rolleyes:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
personally I prefer them to take their time, over rushing it. It's better to have an great overall feature than an badly designed feature. Even if it means we have to be patient for many more months, if not years (unlikely though). It's much better to release something decent or great than, releasing something mediocre at best and make it over months or years great. The first impression sticks

Consider this though - the more time inno works on it, the more time the managers "force their influence" on the feature and ruin it like any DC movie that's 99% reshoots because the producers think the audience wants more pop songs and almost-black screens. We didn't want literal darkness!

There is a lot of code already in the game that relates to guild raids and it seems to be increasing.

Based on the code below it looks like there will be 5 kinds of military encounters: regular army, garrison, stronghold, mini boss and the final boss. Note that the mini boss and the final boss both have the same tooltip text "Attack the Boss!" and not "Attack the Final Boss!". There is no disambiguation.
My guess is that the final boss is the boss in the castle on the highest difficulty level, while the mini bosses are the bosses on the lower difficulty levels.
Both red stats and blue stats can be needed, even against the final boss.

The military actions is case 2 while the donation actions are case 3. It's unclear to me (because I'm not a programmer) if that means that case 3 is a separate path or an alternative to a case 2 path. Meaning that, if you are not strong enough to beat the encounter with units, you can buy you way through the encounters by donating goods, resources or units. Note that you must donate goods, not negotiate. The tooltip text even says so. The negotiation game seems to be omitted. Just blunt donating of loads of goods. That is the right choice imo.

The donation option appears to vary between units, goods and resources, which is a change from GE and GBG. We are used to always paying with goods, but now units? And the "resources" case is not clear to me. Will it be Quantum Supplies? Or supplies/coins from our main cities? I still haven't found the role of the Quantum Supplies. Quantum Coins can be collected from residential Quantum buildings and are needed to buy expansions for our outpost.

If you look at nodes/all_age image you can see on the far right 4 icons which I believe give the answer: 2 swords = attack encounter, shield = defend encounter, Quantum supplies/coins = donate resources, military units icon = donate units, and in the middle the goods icon = donate goods (from our main cities).

all_age_0-d0ec45955.png

Code:

FTa._getHeadingText = function(a) {
switch (a._hx_index) {
case 0:
return "Start here!";
case 1:
return "Choose your path!";
case 2:
var b = a.fightType;
switch (a.armyType) {
case "attacking":
switch (b) {
case "garrison":
return "Attack the Garrison!";
case "final-boss":
case "mini-boss":
return "Attack the Boss!";
case "regular":
return "Attack the Enemy!";
case "stronghold":
return "Attack the Stronghold!"
}
break;
case "defending":
switch (b) {
case "garrison":
return "Defend the Garrison!";
case "final-boss":
case "mini-boss":
return "Defend against the Boss!";
case "regular":
return "Defend against the Enemy!";
case "stronghold":
return "Defend the Stronghold!"
}
}
break;
case 3:
switch (a.type) {
case "goods":
case "resources":
return "Donate resources!";
case "units":
return "Reinforce the base!"
}

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
2,5%:att_def_attacker:/:size: + 1,66:forge_point:/:size:
&
%:fpboost:
3,33%:att_def_attacker:/:size: + 4,1%:att_def_attacker_gbg:/:size:-12%:att_def_attacker_gbg:/:size: + 4,16%:att_def_defender:/:size:

Anything except GB's with higher efficiency, than the above specs? Something wrong with an usage for %:att_def_defender: that comes for free with recent event buildings?
Ranking overhaul to make GbG impactful, which was needed and requested by the community. Improved buildings and patched 0-low attrition. Making #1 streak spot in D-league meaningful, to inspire competition.

Those where indeed good examples of the devs' potential. When they're taking their time to design something decent and taking community feedback seriously prior to live. Curious how they'll manage to make GR or quantum mania exceed both. GbG isn't stellar in rewards except for quick :forge_point: and a few :diamond:, GE1-5 is actually really good. Although it takes 4-5w/building, much like an event nowadays.

@Charles el Britannia thnx for the information. It's quite helpful in getting some expectation for the upcoming feature.

nd my space is limited so when i place one i need to store an old event building or get rid of some ( foa or some gos lvl 2 ) but the event buildings i place must at least minimum give me what i loose by geting rid of those and normaly the event buildings give a bit more then what i get rid of + give me some Blue ( att def )
this is this game about xd rebuilding and andjusting city to factors that are needed xd