• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Feature "Guild raids"?

Hey Nova, I found the following text:

"id": "guild_raids_money",
"name": "Quantum Coins",
"nameSingular": "GR|Quantum Coin",
"namePlural": "GR|Quantum Coins",
"era": "NoAge",
"abilities": {
"outpostResource": {
"type": "outpostResource",
"content": [
"guild_raids_iron_age"
],
"__class__": "OutpostResourceAbility"
}
},
"__class__": "ResourceDefinition"

The adjective "Quantum" is also used for all the other Guild Raids resources: Quantum Supplies, Quantum Limestone, ... even Quantum Residents for the population in our outpost. And Happiness is called "Euphoria" instead of just plain Happiness.

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
"name": "Quantum Coins",
This name change may also reflect somewhere else, we'll surely find out soon.

Also, some more updates today. The raid map has gotten a slight update.
new
2E13PVw.png
previous
8A1KypU.png

There are now designated military unit portraits, which now almost certainly confirms there'll be a separate army pool apart from our main city, just like Egypt settlement, and just as shown on one of the infoscreens - two raid passes, still WIP, and a bunch more small HUD elements.
guild_raids_raid_pass_0-7664cf22e.png

Thanks Nova, but where are the designated military unit portraits? I can't see them. Or are they not posted in the main thread?

I hope we will be able to fight with our own troops and not have to create an army from scratch. It's okay if it's just an additional army, for the people who are already taxed to the limit with GBG.

They are the same as the iron age units we know, just with a different name - production_icon_guild_raids_<unit>

production_icon_guild_raids_archer-d3466d1f8.png

production_icon_guild_raids_archer
production_icon_guild_raids_balista-761bc02f2.png
..and so on.
production_icon_guild_raids_balista
Hmmm... there was mention in the announcement that guild raids would be some sort of separate reality with its own units. If I have to fight with ballista's again instead of my beloved hover tanks I will be deeply disappointed. Iron Age combat is also very boring when played manually. There are no special abilities.
I pray it doesn't come to this.
We have icons for the resource buildings in our outpost but not for the military buildings (barracks, archery range, ...). If we have to fight with iron age units, where are we supposed to train them? Of will we get them from rewards? That can't be enough... The absence of military buildings gives me some hope that we won't have to use iron age units.

Hmmm... there was mention in the announcement that guild raids would be some sort of separate reality with its own units. If I have to fight with ballista's again instead of my beloved hover tanks I will be deeply disappointed. Iron Age combat is also very boring when played manually. There are no special abilities.
We have icons for the resource buildings in our outpost but not for the military buildings (barracks, archery range, ...). If we have to fight with iron age units, where are we supposed to train them? Of will we get them from rewards? That can't be enough... The absence of military buildings gives me some hope that we won't have to use iron age units.
99% you will have seperate army for guild raids.
Seperate army, seperate guild city.

those icons can be placeholder - the name of icon - "guild raids archer, guilds raids balista"

I think guild city will produce army for every member which will be used in guild raid.

CrashBoom

Legend
if you look at the file names then you see that those pictures aren't for the units
that are the pictures for the production of a building which then will produce those units
production_icon_guild_raids_archer

so how do we get them?
build the buildings which uses those pictures ;)

and you sure know what that means:
when we can donate units in raids we can't donate the units from our main city :rolleyes:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I suspect there’ll be a parallel TT. Iron Age might be the starting age. I won’t be surprised if we’re advancing a 2nd city. Part of the parallel universe of guild raids. I just hope when we’ll get down to the space ages we won’t get an parallel colony, lol.