• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New event??

RedRed

Viceroy
ARCHEOLOGY_A_Loading_Screen_1.jpg

ARCHEOLOGY_B_Loading_Screen_1.jpg

DeletedUser7262

well with the loading screen reveiled the question is is it going to start this week (which is almost over) or next week (more likly this i think)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
according to the update announcements the next thing they will release is Space Age MArs
But I think that was because that was the release note for live servers... as spring just startet on live, they would not announce that the next event is already in the make (at least I can not seem to remember that they ever announced working on the next event, if there was currently one running)

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Why say anything at all, when you can let the forum players speculate on what comes next, then laugh when they're wrong?

That's exactly what I would do if I were in that position. Which is why I will never be in that position. :p

DeletedUser

how old are you? 12 ?

If I'm 12 and have been working support for 5 years that would mean I started at the age of 7.

grow up and do your job

Since when have I not done my job? I am available to this community virtually 7 days a week. I will stand by actions and history in support here on Beta with no apologies. If you don't like me, that is of course your prerogative.

inform the users correct and not play around here

If I have something to announce, I announce it. If there is something to be put in the changelogs, I put it there. If a little humor along the way offends you, I apologize you don't like a little humor. Although you have been here on Beta long enough to know how things work, and how I communicate with this community. So I am not sure where the new hostility is coming from.
With that said, while I go out of my way to be overly tolerant while everyone vents their opinions and frustrations here on our forum, you will find that becoming adversarial with me will serve no purpose at all.

DeletedUser8277

how old are you? 12 ?

grow up and do your job
inform the users correct and not play around here
Unfortunately the only way to really reply to something so pathetic would result in a ban on me and not you. Check your life if this is something so important to you you can't handle the anticipation for it without throwing a temper tantrum. Would you walk up to your bank teller out of nowhere and spew that garbage or do you just feel all empowered sitting behind a keyboard?

A personal attack against a mod shouldn't be treated or allowed any different than one against any other user. Zarok does her job very well and I doubt part of the description is supposed to be taking personal insults.

DeletedUser9410

Perhaps i shouldnt say this, but im going to anyway.
This is just a personal opinion based on my observations on this and the EN forum.
This is not directed personally at anybody.

One of the forum's rules is. No personal attacks on other members nor insults etc etc etc .
I have noticed that some people on both forums say just what they like and seem to get away with it all the time, whilst others are quickly "shot down "

How do you interpret the rules? What is a personal insult ?, or attack.

Some people are called whiners and wingers, that could be construed as an insult. (its calling people names and referring to them in a derogatory way. People are called fools, idiots, chickens to name a few, iv seen people and their countries insulted by others.
I think a lot of people play very fast and loose with the rules, also what is felt to be an insult by some people may not be by others.
Also iv seen posts which are created to deliberately antagonize other people and cause friction etc.

I think its not only what is actually said that should be taken into consideration but also the general tone of the post, whilst i realize that the mods cannot read every single post ( this is why the reporting system is in place, a system i might add, in which i have absolutely no faith or belief in ) i think the rules are a bit ambiguous in as much there are many ways of bending them or interpreting them.

The forum is a place to discuss various aspects of the game, and whilst this will of course create disagreements and perhaps heated discussions i feel it does at time degenerate into a slanging match and its really ( in my opinion ) about time this was looked at more seriously and the devs and mods take a good look at the rules ( clarify and/or changing them if necessary )and start enforcing them far more correctly and strictly.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How do you interpret the rules? What is a personal insult ?, or attack.

Some people are called whiners and wingers, that could be construed as an insult. (its calling people names and referring to them in a derogatory way.

It's not an insult if it's factually true!

In general though, avoiding over-moderation is usually for the best. Sometimes people will have negative opinions of each other and as long as they don't take it too far, it's best to leave the occasional expression of them alone.