• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New event??

DeletedUser8859

I think that the archaeology stuff might be related to Egyptians Colony.. Or maybe im wrong :)

In the Vikings Settlement we interact with the Leader of the Vikings village as if we both were in the same period of time. If the archeology stuff (including brushes and other tools to uncover buried treasures) is related to the Egyptians Settlement then we would be interacting not with a Cleopatra character/quest giver but with an archeologist on our present time performing an excavation at an Ancient Egypt site.

DeletedUser8859

Expo 2019 IS the World Fair...and it's time frame matches up. It's also an annual IRL event that showcases human progress, development and history.
Now...what archaeology has to do with The World Fair (Expo 2019) is another question...

Expo 2019 / World Fair
… showcases human progress, development and history ...

Definition of archaeology

How to see progress / development without comparing the changes of present vs past?
  • Archaeologists study human prehistory and history, from the development of the first stone tools at Lomekwi in East Africa 3.3 million years ago up until recent decades.[5] Archaeology is distinct from palaeontology, the study of fossil remains. It is particularly important for learning about prehistoric societies, for whom there may be no written records to study. Prehistory includes over 99% of the human past, from the Paleolithic until the advent of literacy in societies across the world.[2] Archaeology has various goals, which range from understanding culture history to reconstructing past lifeways to documenting and explaining changes in human societies through time (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology#Historical_archaeology)

DeletedUser8859

What an enlightening and informative post. I'm so glad I come to the forums to be educated like this.
I'm sure you could provide another view on the "what archaeology has to do with The World Fair (Expo 2019) " question. Waiting for your insight.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I got it. The world fair building was covered in sand from a sand storm from Egypt and we have to dig it out. After all, we are in VF and this building is from a long time ago :p

DeletedUser

Expo 2019 / World Fair

How to see progress / development without comparing the changes of present vs past?
  • Archaeologists study human prehistory and history, from the development of the first stone tools at Lomekwi in East Africa 3.3 million years ago up until recent decades.[5] Archaeology is distinct from palaeontology, the study of fossil remains. It is particularly important for learning about prehistoric societies, for whom there may be no written records to study. Prehistory includes over 99% of the human past, from the Paleolithic until the advent of literacy in societies across the world.[2] Archaeology has various goals, which range from understanding culture history to reconstructing past lifeways to documenting and explaining changes in human societies through time (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology#Historical_archaeology)
What are [5] and [2] reffering to?

DeletedUser8859

What are [5] and [2] reffering to?

They identify references at the Wikipedia article from where I copied the section.
Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology

[2] points to: " a b Renfrew and Bahn (2004 [1991]:13) "
[5] points to " Roche, Hélène; Kent, Dennis V.; Kirwa, Christopher; Lokorodi, Sammy; Wright, James D.; Mortlock, Richard A.; Leakey, Louise; Brugal, Jean-Philip; Daver, Guillaume (May 2015). "3.3-million-year-old stone tools from Lomekwi 3, West Turkana, Kenya". Nature. 521 (7552): 310–315. doi:10.1038/nature14464. ISSN 1476-4687. "

The article from [5] is here: https://www.nature.com/articles/nature14464

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7262

looks like i might be wrong about this comming out this week but i am sure we all can agree it will be release soon

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
looks like i might be wrong about this comming out this week but i am sure we all can agree it will be release soon

Considering there were about 7 Events per year (not counting historical questlines) and each event goes for about 3 weeks, there should be a break of about 3-4 weeks between events.

Since the beginning of the year, breaks have been only about 2 weeks between events - It has already been 2 weeks without event... so either
- a longer break from events is to be expected to compensate for the short breaks in the beginning of the year, or
- next event will start early next week and the number of events per year is expected to go up (to about 9-10), or
- some "mixture" of the both...

Last edited:

DeletedUser9982

Im starting to hate this long duration events..
Theres no longee thos 5 or 7 days small events??
Miss those

DeletedUser9251

Expo 2019 / World Fair

That question was related to what aspect of archaeology, or era of discovery was at focus during which fair. The focus (theme) of World Fairs constantly change to showcase something new, and archaeology as a whole is a rather broad topic.

The World Fair building appears to be from an earlier age...roughly early to mid 20th century. The majority of the archaeology at focus during these World Fairs was...Egyptian History. And in fact, it appears that at least one featured exhibit in many of the Event building levels are Egyptian in nature...

56337188_1120159928156053_1826539343473278976_n.png

56226121_366915403914610_7592072401895030784_n.png

55865249_376098052983429_1514386772576960512_n.png

56321843_372443643607789_2195682870507339776_n.png

Later in the 20th century, the focus began to shift more to Aztecs and Neanderthals. A large portion of the beginning of the 21st century has turned attention to Asia's rich history.

So...If the building is an indication of era, then it's reasonable to question whether this is related to cultural settlements...given the archaeological focus at the time, particularly after the opening of King Tut's tomb.

So again, what Archaeology has to do with the World Fair remains a reasonable question...as in the focus of archaeology.

DeletedUser9251

I should have better phrased that as "what aspect or focus of Archaeology has to do with the Worlds Fair (Expo 2019) is another question"

DeletedUser9251

The reason I don't think this is related to the Egyptians or cultural settlements, is because one of the images is an event banner...also, that appears to be an Aztec idol and an (American) Indian spear.

55653388_765438073840028_5388357663371296768_n.png

55669545_2060031720963674_8150344470211067904_n.png

Just saying...

DeletedUser9988

The reason I don't think this is related to the Egyptians or cultural settlements, is because one of the images is an event banner...also, that appears to be an Aztec idol and an (American) Indian spear.

55653388_765438073840028_5388357663371296768_n.png

55669545_2060031720963674_8150344470211067904_n.png

Just saying...

Looks like an event banner to me.

DeletedUser9822

Women's world cup is this summer. World Cup, Women's World Cup, Euro Cup, Women's Euro are on a 4 year rotation. There's a soccer event every summer - well except 2022 when the World Cup will be in November/December and conflict with the regular winter event.
You know why 2022 is in the winter? Because it is in Dubai.

DeletedUser9822

The players had complained about too many historical quest lines. Historian quests seem to have been completely canceled. Now come a lot of events. In April then already the 4th of this year? In December we will be at the 12th Event in 2019?
Yes. yes we will. And I loved the historical events. I still feel cheated that I only get Genghis Khan to walk around my comtemporary city.

DeletedUser9822

There only really needs to be four events a year, and those are the Seasonal ones. Since they've cancelled the Historic events, they should eliminate all the others as well.

The gender of the person/character in the avatar is not automatically indicative of the gender of the person behind the computer screen. ;)
My opinion is they don't need GVG because this is a city building game after all so why don't we just cancel that and repurpose that on the historical aspects.

RedRed

Viceroy
"ARCH|Archaeology Event"
"ARCH|Archaeology"
"ARCH|Tool Shop"
"ARCH|Buy Scrolls"
"ARCH|Collect scrolls through quests and use them to get tools. Click to enter the Archaeology Event window."

Last edited: