• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New event??

ParkerP11

Farmer
Archeology Event coming soon?

archeology_event_0.png

archeology_reward_0.png

archeology_hud_0.png

Tool bundle 1:
archeology_tool_bundle_icon_1.png

Tool bundle 2:
archeology_tool_bundle_icon_2.png

Event background:
archeology_event_background.jpg
seasonal_background_over.png

Event currency background:
archeology_currency_background.png

World Fair
reward_icon_upgrade_kit_world_fair.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19a.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19b.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19c.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19d.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19e.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19f.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19g.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19h.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19i.png

R_SS_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19j.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_1.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_2.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_3.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_4.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_5.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_6.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_7.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_8.png

portrait_325.jpg

portrait_326.jpg

Questgiver - Edward:
allage_archeology_edward.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Some of the items in the first image may look Egyptian, but the Building at the Upgrade Kit did not. File names point to a new Seasonal Event not to a Cultural Settlement. It is interesting to see new themes at seasonal events, wonder which one get replaced (I hope for the one related to the Maypole).

DeletedUser8859

The FOE Soccer Cup Events (2018, 2016, 2014) have been classified as "Special" not "Seasonal" Events.

Seasonal Events include:
  • Annual Season related: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
  • Specific date related: Carnival, May Day, Halloween
  • Sports related: Forge Bowl Event
Seasonal Events are expected annually, unless replaced by new ones like old Valentine's Day and Easter Events that were replaced during 2017 by Carnival and May Day Events. May Day is expected after Spring and before Summer Event, seeing a new Seasonal Event after Spring (already at Beta) point me to think if the May Day event is being replaced by this new "Archeology" Event.

Special Events include:
  • Birthday,
  • 5th Anniversary
  • Memorial
  • Leonardo's Visit
  • FOE Soccer Cup
Special Events are not necessarily repeated in a pattern. Only the FOE Soccer Cup have been repeated every two years, all others have been one time only. Maybe we will have a 10th Anniversary Event in due time.

Besides these we have seen the Historical Events themed around Political / Military Leaders, Scientists, Explorers, Artists, Celebrities, etc.

DeletedUser

@Darrth Eugene Vader
May Day is dead since 2017. There is no level 4-Achievement for May Day and we had no May Day in 2018.

Special or Seasonal is completely irrelevant. Inno never said they would replace seasonal events only with other seasonal events.
Fact is, there is no soccer event this year so there is time for another event until Summer19.

Also, Forge Bowl is classified as Special Event, not seasonal.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Since there is no big soccer event this year, due to the lack of a soccer event IRL...

Women's world cup is this summer. World Cup, Women's World Cup, Euro Cup, Women's Euro are on a 4 year rotation. There's a soccer event every summer - well except 2022 when the World Cup will be in November/December and conflict with the regular winter event.

DeletedUser

Women's world cup is this summer. World Cup, Women's World Cup, Euro Cup, Women's Euro are on a 4 year rotation. There's a soccer event every summer - well except 2022 when the World Cup will be in November/December and conflict with the regular winter event.
Pffff, "women's"... c'mon, let's be serious...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
So definitely archaeology... the question is what's it for. I'm guessing an Egypt/Indiana Jones theme, not settlements though.
Also, I'm thinking the main building is some kind of museum.
Finally, I think that we might finally see the one down kit. That would make sorta sense with archaeology (kinda going into the past?)

[EDIT] More observations! I think I might be on to something, but still, 100% guesswork. From here on out, I'm talking about the background in the top left of the first post's first image.
  1. The green field will contain different archaeological tools, which reveal a certain amount of the map (the middle section). Those tools cost different amounts of currency.
  2. The little post-it note like thing in the very top left is where the daily special will appear
  3. The box in the middle is the progress bar to the grand prizes.
  4. The box to the left of the one above is for grand prizes.
  5. The whole event is kind of like the Winter Event in which you choose squares, but you have different tools (or maybe powerups) that will clear more squares for you.
So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

I agree on the Indiana Jones (or other archeologist / explorer / adventurer) theme and a Museum as the top rewards. But there are no Egyptian hieroglyphs on the vases / urns / objects shown, and the golden idol looks to me more Central or South American (Incas?, Mayan?, Aztecs?) than Egyptian.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
True. They could be from literally anywhere at this point where there's sand. (or maybe dirt... as shown in the image with the grid...)

DeletedUser

Kinda looks like Summer Event, with this sand everywhere...

DeletedUser

The name for the Upgrade Kit is "reward_icon_upgrade_kit_world_fair.png".
The next Expo will start by the end of April in Beijing, China.

DeletedUser

The name for the Upgrade Kit is "reward_icon_upgrade_kit_world_fair.png".
The next Expo will start by the end of April in Beijing, China.
OMG, Expo? :D The very next event would honor International Day of Potato... And that would be the very moment I quit the game for good, too much absurd.

DeletedUser

OMG, Expo? :D The very next event would honor International Day of Potato... And that would be the very moment I quit the game for good, too much absurd.
Actually I don't think the event will have anything in common with the Expo. It is just a good time to have an event and the building matches.