• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New event??

DeletedUser8277

How do you interpret the rules? What is a personal insult ?, or attack.
The rules I’ve come to understand and see enforced is the difference between saying something is something and someone is something. For instance if I were to say ‘Your idea is garbage’ it is not a personal insult, if I were to say ‘you are garbage’ it is.

Same with play styles, I could say as a player you are bad, your methods are bad, your attitude is bad, your post is bad etc. I could say your post is childish, I cannot say ‘you are a child’. One is stating an opinion about something game/forum related, the other a personal insult.

As an example, in what I posted above I needed to be careful that despite what I had wanted to say about the person I only spoke derogatorily of the person's actions/opinion/post.

Of course I would think it’s harder to enforce on beta because much of the intention could be lost in translation. But when it’s clear, it’s clear. I don't know if anyone actually gets in trouble for insults, typically I tend to just see Norma Jean edit the post and state what rule it broke but for some reason when it's a direct insult to a mod it seems to stay. As if they don't want to incur any additional wrath by removing an insult to them the same they would if it was directed toward any of us.

Dessire

Regent
Wow i dont know how beta test 03 still being able to post after his magnificent childish behaviour to somebody whose job is tell us any new content being developped. Whe should say thanks to foe team for let us know about what are they working on instead of inform us in the same day of releasement. A ban for 1 month..that would be good for him :)

DeletedUser9251

Perhaps i shouldnt say this, but im going to anyway.
This is just a personal opinion based on my observations on this and the EN forum.
This is not directed personally at anybody.

One of the forum's rules is. No personal attacks on other members nor insults etc etc etc .
I have noticed that some people on both forums say just what they like and seem to get away with it all the time, whilst others are quickly "shot down "

How do you interpret the rules? What is a personal insult ?, or attack.

Some people are called whiners and wingers, that could be construed as an insult. (its calling people names and referring to them in a derogatory way. People are called fools, idiots, chickens to name a few, iv seen people and their countries insulted by others.
I think a lot of people play very fast and loose with the rules, also what is felt to be an insult by some people may not be by others.
Also iv seen posts which are created to deliberately antagonize other people and cause friction etc.

I think its not only what is actually said that should be taken into consideration but also the general tone of the post, whilst i realize that the mods cannot read every single post ( this is why the reporting system is in place, a system i might add, in which i have absolutely no faith or belief in ) i think the rules are a bit ambiguous in as much there are many ways of bending them or interpreting them.

The forum is a place to discuss various aspects of the game, and whilst this will of course create disagreements and perhaps heated discussions i feel it does at time degenerate into a slanging match and its really ( in my opinion ) about time this was looked at more seriously and the devs and mods take a good look at the rules ( clarify and/or changing them if necessary )and start enforcing them far more correctly and strictly.

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."

I agree with you. And until I responded back...I was the one they were mocking. I'm with you Zarok!

NormaJeane

Viceroy
On Beta forum we are usually far more lenient than on the live forums, especially Zarok Dai (who is female btw ^^^)
I on the other hand am just a tiny bit less indulgent than my boss-lady...
Therefore I wanted to close this thread a to clean certain posts ;)

But then I thought:
With all the support shown to Zarok Dai, maybe I shouldn't edit.

Somehow NOT editing this post is in my opinion in this case also a form of punishment...
What do you all think ?

Last edited:

Silveralius

Squire
I think what BetaTest03 did is cross the line, but I also think it shouldn't be a reason to close the topic.
Personal punishment could be more appropriate.
We've probably found everything about this new event, but what if not. Creating a new thread for that could be confusing.
I am very sorry to find ungrateful players among the community. Maybe some kind of education could come along with the punishment. Maybe he just doesn't understand how things work, how the world works and is just confused.
Zarok Dai does a great job and always deserves our support.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9251

especially Zarok Dai (who is female btw ^^^)

Oops! Sorry Zarok! I stand by the support for you though! I think you do an incredibly good job and handle a LOT of bad attitudes very well.

Betatest03 just wants a victim...someone to mock and make fun of. When I stopped being that foil, Zarok took my spot.

DeletedUser

Wow...
This forum conversation feels like public lynch of just one player - Beta Test.
I thought that was against Forum rules.

I guess I was incorrect...
Really? And I mean: REALLY?

Should we all not say some behavior is bad when it is bad? You call it a lynch? Maybe it is just justice? Maybe that kind of behavior deserves stopping? Maybe his freedom of speech (if that is what you are defending, I hope this is it...) doesn't mean we should not make use of our freedom of speech...?

What would you say to a person who stepped waaaaay out of line? "Oh, nevermind, next time you do better!"? Because @BetaTest03 never does, you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9410

Wow...
This forum conversation feels like public lynch of just one player - Beta Test.
I thought that was against Forum rules.

I guess I was incorrect...

to be fair he did ask for it.
Besides perhaps this could turn out to be a good thing, where the players/members start moderating themselves, where common courtesy as well as general respect for ones self as well as others becomes something everyone takes an interest in enforcing.
Where those who break these rules get what they justly deserve and where people perhaps think twice about what they say to and about others.
Also this is about a game, not real life and perhaps it gets taken a wee bit too seriously sometimes.

DeletedUser9410

Really? And I mean: REALLY?

Should we all not say some behavior is bad when it is bad? You call it a lynch? Maybe it is just justice? Maybe that kind of behavior deserves stopping? Maybe his freedom of speech (if that is what you are defending, I hope this is it...) doesn't mean we should not make use of our freedom of speech...?

couldnt have said it better:)

DeletedUser

to be fair he did ask for it.
Besides perhaps this could turn out to be a good thing, where the players/members start moderating themselves, where common courtesy as well as general respect for ones self as well as others becomes something everyone takes an interest in enforcing.
Oh yeah. Moreover, if we do not stop ourselves, in the near future no one will. I am not that shiny and clean, you know, I admit that first. But there are some limits. Trying to lynch Zarok Dai just because she had nothing to report to us is one of them.

DeletedUser4379

Actually, I'm hoping this Archaeology thing digs up the remains of a Ziggurat , and said building is returned as a prize (multiple times, if this turns out to be the Summer Event).
I personally believe it is the finest building introduced to FoE ever.
**Confectionery being a very close second.**

DeletedUser9410

Actually, I'm hoping this Archaeology thing digs up the remains of a Ziggurat , and said building is returned as a prize (multiple times, if this turns out to be the Summer Event).
I personally believe it is the finest building introduced to FoE ever.
**Confectionery being a very close second.**

Ziggurat would fit into the theme of it. I remember those, that was years ago, i got rid of mine long ago. if i remember they gave coins but i think it was every hour ( open to correction here) and was easy target for plunderers. Perhaps this time it could be upgraded and motivated.

I liked the confectionery as well, especially the sound effects of the kids laughing, always reminds me of my daughter when she was very young. I still have a few of those floating around.:)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ziggurat would fit into the theme of it. I remember those, that was years ago, i got rid of mine long ago. if i remember they gave coins but i think it was every hour ( open to correction here) and was easy target for plunderers. Perhaps this time it could be upgraded and motivated.

I liked the confectionery as well, especially the sound effects of the kids laughing, always reminds me of my daughter when she was very young. I still have a few of those floating around.:)

It could always be motivated. And you didn't care if anyone plundered it because it was just coins. In the context of now:

- its population is insufficient in high ages - it was a competitive population building in the ages at the time of its release though that came with free happiness. Starting in AF it fell *way* behind in terms of being competitive population,
- people didn't like the 1 hour cycle not because it could be plundered but because it ate a lot of aid you wished was going elsewhere. The priority system would mean this is no longer an issue.

To maintain the flavor any upgrades to it would probably need to focus on passive boosts rather than per collection motivation stuff (as that doesn't work well on an hourly basis) - and apart from attack boost those aren't that popular among players. It's only a small portion of the player-base that would want a building for primarily population anyways.

DeletedUser9410

It could always be motivated. And you didn't care if anyone plundered it because it was just coins. In the context of now:

- its population is insufficient in high ages - it was a competitive population building in the ages at the time of its release though that came with free happiness. Starting in AF it fell *way* behind in terms of being competitive population,
- people didn't like the 1 hour cycle not because it could be plundered but because it ate a lot of aid you wished was going elsewhere. The priority system would mean this is no longer an issue.

To maintain the flavor any upgrades to it would probably need to focus on passive boosts rather than per collection motivation stuff (as that doesn't work well on an hourly basis) - and apart from attack boost those aren't that popular among players. It's only a small portion of the player-base that would want a building for primarily population anyways.

Yes you are correct about the motivation. also today it would mean nothing if it was plundered, but at the time if you were just beginning to grow it could have meant a lot. Much like the Confectionery which today isnt worth much even the fully upgraded one, what it gives for its size is pretty worthless. But when they came out i loved them as they helped me, ( and as i said the effects remind me of some good times in my life , which is perhaps a bit silly, but i think in today's world anything which reminds you of good times is a good thing ) today i keep one or two around for sentimental reasons.
I think maybe a few people have buildings which aren't really worth their while in today's game, but they keep them out of sentimentality, or because they like the look of them. :)

DeletedUser9251

I think maybe a few people have buildings which aren't really worth their while in today's game, but they keep them out of sentimentality, or because they like the look of them. :)

That's the only reason I have a Tigers Den...I have a thing for Tigers...the extra defense boost is nice, but when you already have 500+%, it's ultimately quite useless. But I still love it.