• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New event??

DeletedUser9537

Not to beat a dead horse... But I am late to the Party... Or the Wake...

There was a brief mention of loss in translation which I think should be expounded upon. BTW I am very carefully crafting this to give many examples.

One thing Americans do very well is create far too many words to mean the same thing. Many times the words that we use do not have supporting words in other languages. Or worse they have multiple meanings based on inflection or emphasis.

A fun example would be this. During a meeting with management we were told a story by an Aflac Insurance Representative. He told us that in Japan they could not use the talking duck in commercials or the phrase Aflac as the "Sound" when spoken was the same as a derogatory word in Japanese that suggested something sexual in nature.

This is mentioned because of the difficulty in not always being able to interpret intent, or sarcasm, or outright humor. Which is the MAIN reason I will never moderate a forum ever again. For those who do? I tip my hat and congratulate your patience and tolerance.

This phrase comes to mind here and quite honestly should be at the top of the Rules page of every forum.

"PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER"
Which translated means exactly what it says. The person delivering the message is just doing a job and do not deserve to be the receiver of anybodies anger or frustration. Always remember that the messenger is a human being just like you are. If you would not want to be treated or spoken to the way you have treated or spoken to someone?

Then you need to rethink what you are doing or what you have said.

DeletedUser7951

This thread is so out of topic I'd really appreciate it if a MOD cleaned it up (including this post) and got us all back on track. I come to this section for new juicy rumours and discussion about that. Not on how we should behave and who's a bad boy/girl/undecided/optional.

DeletedUser

I purposely have not moderated or edited this thread for a reason.
Yes it may have gone off topic, but the reason it did was a member of this community was upset. Anything I might have done to moderate the thread may have come across like I was trying to avoid the subject, or that I was trying to hide from the subject matter, which was or is not the case.
I don't expect everyone to agree with me, or necessarily like my style in the way I approach my community as a CM, but I do believe if a player or players were this upset, they deserved a place to communicate their feelings. I also believe I deserved the chance to respond to these concerns which is exactly what I did.
I do apologize if this was in any way disruptive to any of you, but I felt that being open and transparent with this was more important than just trying to sweep it all aside and pretend it never happened.
I love this community and how honest everyone always is with their feedback and opinions, and I have never been one to shy away from a difficult discussion, so this is why I chose to let this all unfold naturally as it did.
Thanks to everyone that has tolerated my approach in this matter, and for all of you who have supported me. It means more to me than I can say. With that said, keep up the great feedback Beta! :)

DeletedUser9251

I would point out that while this thread did get off track, it had gotten back onto the track before being pulled off track again. Now that everyone's had a breather...lets move on and back to topic (again)...does any one else have any other theories about this event...? When it's coming? Is it replacing the Summer Event? Is there expected to be a longer time-frame without an active event or other challenge (2 weeks+ now).

I'm really looking forward to a new event to break the doldrums...but I really liked last years Summer Event and am hoping they have more ship upgrades available this year (Like they did with the Cherry Blossom Selection Kit in the Spring Event). I've got a level 3 ship I want to make a Pirate Ship.

DeletedUser7262

well it is monday 8 april last week the loading screen was shown so every thing should be in place for the event to start this week..... here's hoping we do not have to wait too long

DeletedUser7262

i hope it is not a hood (luck) base event meaning you risk one item to win another item (which increases every time someone does not win) and then that item is used to get rewards. i really hate those luck base events

DeletedUser9734

If you combine a world's fair in China with the archeology theme, then add in the terracotta army, it starts to make sense.

DeletedUser9734

The TA is the crown jewel of China, along with the Great Wall. But seriously, a special building the size of a GB? Actually the same size as the TA. It's going to have to be amazing if it is going to be worth the space.

DeletedUser9251

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/archaeology-event.10255/

NewEventWindowBeta.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

It's a World Fair building...images in the spoilers in past comments. It's the same size as the TA
In my opinion, event buildings should stay at 4x4 or less. Notable exceptions have been the Halloween's Black Tower (4x5) and the Necropolis (7x3). Players in the early and middle stages of the game, not having yet cities of 10x10 expansions and more, should have space to place them along with the GBs they are working on. Players in near the endgame could compare if the new event building is more worthy of the space it needs more than a current Terrace Farm at the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

If stats at level 10 stay as said, comparing the 24 hrs cycle of TF:
  • FPs: 9 FP using 24 tiles the new building beats the Terrace Farm giving just 5 FPs using more space (30 tiles).
  • Population: Terrace Farms require population while the new one will give population.
  • Others: Terrace Farm just gives one thing (FPs ) at 24 hrs; the new building would give additional goods, coins, and medals.
Storing a TF and remodel to get the 6x wide per 4x deep required space seems a good solution.

Silveralius

Squire
It's nice to see that we didn't find all about event before it start. :)
There is still space for improvement in mining of new things . :)

DeletedUser8859

9 FPs is worth hiding 6 SoKs, which I will do. Hope there won't be troubles with achieving 9 upgrades without diaxes.

True, another option to find the space for the World Fair building. Six SOKs would require more aids than 1 Terrace Farm, but SOKs given the priority list likely get the aid needed, if not there are always the Self Motivation Kits or Mass Motivation Kits to fix that. However, removing 6 SOKs reduces 6 FPs then replacement with the World Fair will represent a gain of 3 FPs /day.

Replacing a Terrace Far for a World Fair represent a gain of 4 FPs (9 vs 5), plus also a gain in space (24 vs 30 tiles). That extra space gain could be used for an additional SOK or Sky Watch, then net gain of 5 FPs/day.

It all depends on what is available at the city, which buildings be at the chopping block.