• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New event??

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
For me, 12 (total) events per year, giving 3 or 4 "event free" weeks between one and the next is still OK, more than that too many.

hm... that does not add up, unless the evens get shortened to about 10-14 days... but more shorter events might also be OK. Most events get really gooey after the first week anyway...

DeletedUser8859

I do not expect you to know my sex by default. And what should I choose for an avatar to indicate that I am a woman? Fluffy pink rabbit...?

Not a bunny rabbit or rainbow unicorn unless you really like those. A fierce Amazon warrior if you like Greece mythology, a female Elvish Archer if you are a fan of JRR high fantasy works, an image of a movie / graphic novel / anime female character ?

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
There only really needs to be four events a year, and those are the Seasonal ones. Since they've cancelled the Historic events, they should eliminate all the others as well.

Not a bunny rabbit or rainbow unicorn unless you really like those. A fierce Amazon warrior if you like Greece mythology, a female Elvish Archer if you are a fan of JRR high fantasy works, an image of a movie / graphic novel / anime female character ?

The gender of the person/character in the avatar is not automatically indicative of the gender of the person behind the computer screen. ;)

DeletedUser4379

I do not expect you to know my sex by default. And what should I choose for an avatar to indicate that I am a woman? Fluffy pink rabbit...?
Shoudda gone with Salma Hayek.
But - - Fink - - no.
Just ain't makin' it.
You gonna choose Fink, then why not BubbaJoeBillyJimBobRay?

DeletedUser8859

The gender of the person/character in the avatar is not automatically indicative of the gender of the person behind the computer screen

True, a female fan of Sylvester Stallone (for one example) may choose a John Rambo or Robert "Rocky" Balboa image as avatar. But if I see a John Rambo or Rocky avatar my first thought would be that the player's gender is male. Maybe my mind works in an old fashion.

DeletedUser

The problem is, most profile pictures must be in expected size to be approved. So I don't do them, since I'm lazy and I prefer to put my energy into words :)

DeletedUser

Shoudda gone with Salma Hayek.
But - - Fink - - no.
Just ain't makin' it.
You gonna choose Fink, then why not BubbaJoeBillyJimBobRay?
I do not understand, honestly :)

Maybe because my nick is a word puzzle in my national language - which I changed during the time we could change nicknames on beta server to something more likely being word game in English and then I couldn't change it back, because they have taken this option back... so... it's their fault! :p

DeletedUser9666

There are 3 different tools to use - brush, spade, dynamite. Each cost different amount of historical event currency - depending on event. You use them to collect certain number of artifacts. Once you have gathered first X number, you can open your very small museum. If you keep adding your artifacts - the museum keeps expanding - like Yiggrassil (or whatever the name) tree in Viking settlements.

Now, one of the black, rectangular windows has to be a map of the area where you dig. It is just a plain ground so you cannot tell where the artifacts are. You purchase a tool (as described above) and you hit the ground in random place. Maybe you have found an artifact or maybe you just have wasted the tool... Like playing 'battleships'.

Now, the other black, rectangular window has to be some sort of progress map towards next level of the museum. Perhaps it will ask for a number of AYN artifacts, or perhaps will demand particular type. The second one will make the process longer, of course. The progress map would look different too - more of jigsaw puzzle type, as not every artifact piece will do.
But since you will be building the thing over the course of multiple events - there is always the chance to get the missing pieces during the next event.

Now, the left bottom 5 windows are the inventory of what the artifacts collected so far. That makes me think, you need particular type to expand your museum.
Or perhaps it is the inventory of the artifacts still hidden on the map, an ones found already...

I made it all up here of course. ;) Just an excercise for my imagination...

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke Stark

Marquis
I do not understand, honestly :)

Maybe because my nick is a word puzzle in my national language - which I changed during the time we could change nicknames on beta server to something more likely being word game in English and then I couldn't change it back, because they have taken this option back... so... it's their fault! :p

I love dolphins too ^^ the only sea mammal that has sex just for pure enjoyment :D

now back to the topic:

last year was really nice, less big events in my opinion mixed with historical ones, that was nice mix. Now the life on foe goes from one event to another, and it makes them less and less special. It would be less annoying if we could do all the quests with no daily restrictions after, say, 2/3rd of the quests done.

DeletedUser8277

True, a female fan of Sylvester Stallone (for one example) may choose a John Rambo or Robert "Rocky" Balboa image as avatar. But if I see a John Rambo or Rocky avatar my first thought would be that the player's gender is male. Maybe my mind works in an old fashion.
Agreed. I have a male avatar though I am female, people assume I am male as well (though I doubt many assume I'm Patrick Stewart) and being called 'he' doesn't bother me in the least, people are just going off what I'm showing them. In fact someone I knew on the live forums saw my ingame avatar being female and was rather confused as they had believed me to be a man for years, no harm done. Though I will say I don't believe my gender gives me any more right to diss female athletes (if that was the intention) and I don't believe your gender (assuming male) gives you any less right to defend them.

On topic: I really miss historical questlines. It was a great way to win diamonds and they were over much quicker for anyone deciding not to partake. Personally I would have rathered more historical questlines and less events as events are more hit or miss. Historical lines if you had a high CF really paid off even if you didn't want the final prize. If anything I'd consider the abandonment of historical lines a decent nerf to CF as a whole at least from a diamond perspective.

DeletedUser

Agreed. I have a male avatar though I am female, people assume I am male as well (though I doubt many assume I'm Patrick Stewart) and being called 'he' doesn't bother me in the least, people are just going off what I'm showing them. In fact someone I knew on the live forums saw my ingame avatar being female and was rather confused as they had believed me to be a man for years, no harm done. Though I will say I don't believe my gender gives me any more right to diss female athletes (if that was the intention) and I don't believe your gender (assuming male) gives you any less right to defend them.

On topic: I really miss historical questlines. It was a great way to win diamonds and they were over much quicker for anyone deciding not to partake. Personally I would have rathered more historical questlines and less events as events are more hit or miss. Historical lines if you had a high CF really paid off even if you didn't want the final prize. If anything I'd consider the abandonment of historical lines a decent nerf to CF as a whole at least from a diamond perspective.
I wasn't dissing female athletes, rather pointing a fact and sorrow, kind of, as a female myself, that female sport events are treated as non existent, not only in Inno world. Be careful with assumptions, will you.

DeletedUser4379

' . . . I made it all up here of course. ;) Just an excercise for my imagination...'
I truly enjoyed reading this post, and have done so several times. Your observations make a lot of sense, irrespective of how much of your 'imagination' may have filtered through. I for one will be following this very closely, if only to see how close you are in your suppositions.
Nice post, TwoRivers.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I wasn't dissing female athletes, rather pointing a fact and sorrow, kind of, as a female myself, that female sport events are treated as non existent, not only in Inno world. Be careful with assumptions, will you.

It varies depending on the sport and market to some extent. Women's singles tennis gets almost the same amount of tv time here (not quite though), and the same amount of prize money as men's singles in the major tourneys. Also here, the women's world cup gets as much attention as the men's world cup but there's another odd bias that might be behind this in that we have a competitive women's national team and a men's national team that's done worse than most 3rd world countries (qualified once ever, 30+ years ago iirc). Curling's another example of a sport where men's and women's games seem to get equal attention (here at least).

On the flip side, men's hockey is everywhere here on tv where women's hockey is pretty much just every 4 years at the olympics. And I suspect in europe it's the same thing with soccer where they have multiple men's club games on daily for most of the year.

It's not something that's easy to fix as it's not like you can force people to watch it - and as long as there's viewership differences tv networks can use that as an excuse why they don't show it as much. And there's a critical amount of awareness needed before people who would watch it start to bother to look for it which makes the viewing numbers worse than they could be. There has historically been an excuse that the women's game was slow/unpolished in many sports - one i tended to agree with 20 years ago. But these days the biggest concern tends to be parity (i.e. in women's international hockey it's pretty much two top tier teams, a few more second tier teams who might very rarely manage an upset, and then everyone else). Top talent is very much worth watching.

DeletedUser7624

I think it's to early even for beta test summer event. Otherwise we would have to wait about 2 months before fall event. Unless IG decided to make seasonal events 100+ quests long :)

DeletedUser8859

The cycle requires, time to test in beta, time for developers make any balancing changes based on feedback from beta, and then prepare to launch at live servers. (Am i missing a step?) In the mean while, we get a few weeks free and then to Beta testing next event or new game feature.

Timeline for Summer Event should look like this.
{ BETA Testing Summer Event} - {DEVs Rebalancing fixes Summer Event } - {Live Servers Summer Event }

Inserting activities of Fall Event:
{ BETA Testing Summer Event} - {DEVs Rebalancing fixes Summer Event } - { BETA Testing Fall Event} - {Live Servers Summer Event } - {DEVs Rebalancing fixes Fall Event } - {Live Servers Fall Event }

If another event (Historical?, Special?) or game feature change gets to BETA (Cleopatra Settlement?, Space Age Mars, New GvG (I wish)) then more things to do in those 2 maonths between BETA Testing and Event in Live Servers.

ParkerP11

Farmer
cash_shop_bundle_archeology_1.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_2.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_3.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_4.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_5.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_6.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_7.png

cash_shop_bundle_archeology_8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8807

Two Rivers' idea sounds really fun, something different than what we mostly get. Now if they could make the quests and the choice of rewards to choose from in-game as interesting, instead of the same-old....That would really be GREAT Something to look forward to. I personally enjoy playing all the events and don't find there are too many and mainly joined Beta "to get- in- on-it all"

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I hope that my imagination
will make everyone laugh
maybe
to relate to change Emissaries and quests
in an already active part of it F.O.E
for example Daily Challenge
or
the replacement of cultural settlements with archaeological adventures (this seems difficult to me)
or
development/extension of Guild Expedition

Last edited: