• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

joyfulrider

Squire
No need to replace the point mentioned, there are three different dungeons, three boss so add three different rewards.

First, they mentioned as stormsphire. - Zombies boss

Second, you mentioned with "Phantom Carriage" - Vampire boss

Third, selection kit of "Ectoplasmic nightmares" - Werewolves boss

Sounds nice and feel happy if they really made this change!!
If this change added means, I will withdraw all my complaints mentioned earlier and state this as my favorite halloween event.

I didn't like anything regarding stormsphire building in this event. After few guys mentioning about other buildings, become a fan of phantom carriage design and the properties too, somehow missed to notice in the announcement earlier and shocked to know that it will be available for gold league players only.

In my live server, if I reach gold league means, surely I might be going bankrupt. Those many big players are there every event and not even a chance to reach gold league. There should be some way given for normal player to gain that building. Anyhow, unfairness is like bread and butter for FoE, so only sadness will be left for normal players if they wish to acquire that building.

To be precise, it's better not to consider that building if you are normal player who doesn't buy diamonds through purchase, because hard earned money will be saved very much if you don't make an attempt for it.

Last edited:
I can't figure out how this works or could work on day 1, apart from mindlessly hitting fight fight fight till it ends. That means I can't play this to assemble the complete building. So I will not bother starting this on the live servers. I'll pass.
I suggest to rethink this minigame and present it next year.

hades8840

Squire
Not overkeen mine is still bugged hasn't been fixed or partially has but still bugged the amount of teeth you have to use also its stupid and I say have too because on almost every occasion the card i have wont even dent an opponent and in most cause even redraw ends up with cards that are little help and because win or loss your drained of life rapidly most of your teeth supply will end up being used for more life

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I can't figure out how this works or could work on day 1, apart from mindlessly hitting fight fight fight till it ends. That means I can't play this to assemble the complete building. So I will not bother starting this on the live servers. I'll pass.
I suggest to rethink this minigame and present it next year.
I think technically that would be sufficient to get the main building if you do it as much as possible (using all 3 free decks once per day + spend 100 for extra plays of the decks as available). It's far from best, but it'll get you the main building I believe.

CDmark

Baronet
Improvements helped. I used the tip, chose vampires got majority of zombies in the dungeon. I liked the 5 tooth for the extra card, big plus.
I took the time to look at all the cards, each set of 15
V-deck 8-V, 2-Z, 2-W, 3-X X being the witches but cant use W, the wolves own it
Z-deck 8-Z, 2-W, 3-V, 2-X
W-deck 8-W, 2-V, 2-Z, 3-X

So the zombie deck had one less witch, 1 more vampire
Also, the attack damage for all cards were the same, meaning the 8 vampire were the same as the 8 zombie and wolf.
1-3 2-3 2-3 2-4 3-4 3-5 4-5 4-6
Now the 2 other creatures, for vampire deck, Z and W, Z- 1-2,1-3 W- 1-3, 2-3 and the corresponding creatures for the other decks, same attack damage.

The only outlier is the extra vampire for the witch in the zombie deck, it had 1-2, 1-3 and a 2-3 (witch replacement)

No pattern seen in the Witch cards but the vampire one, the "tip" was the strongest.

What does this all mean, not sure, but I will track my next dungeon, they aren't cheap as we all know.

My cost was about 400 teeth. I think 200 went to health, 100 to ability cards, then the 5 for the card shuffle, gonna track that better next time.

I will say, those dungeon opponents really hand out max damage a lot. I know when they don't. When you use the frenzy card and they attack themselves twice. My 5 HP opponent doing 2-4 damage, still had 1 left. 4-8 damage, I got the 4..hmm Could be bcs it was a zombie, I had rotten luck.

This event was a complete failure and basically as conceived.
Many question why this is, teeth, teeth, teeth ad infinitum and why so much is required.
The answer is simple - to spend money. Nothing else.
The whole concept is based on this and the mechanisms are solely in this direction. Profit.
This FOE team that we have all been "enjoying" for the past few years has no understanding that this is first and foremost a game that should bring entertainment and fun.
In their eyes, FOE is only and only a money making tool.
Draw a parallel between this unimaginative team and the previous one which was mainly creative.
It won't be clear to those who didn't play under the last one, alas.
The new "mechanics" are nothing more than a means of not giving the player control over the game and events. It's all solved on the principle of slot machines - you make any number of bets, and it gives you an exactly fixed reward for the number of bets in question. If you want more - you spend money.
This is not a strategic game.
You cannot invent and implement a strategy here because things are unpredictable. You fight, but with whom, under what conditions - you don't know. You can't decide how to fight, what units to use. Where is the strategy in all this?
It doesn't exist. This is gambling in its pure form.
And all this happens because those who create the events think themselves infallible, but in fact they are not aware of the game at all.
That's why many don't accept this event and many won't iterate in the servers.
A big failure that only gamblers can like.
I'm just curious if they will release this imperfection in the live servers.

So they made some changes.
Okay. I have one very very kind request to development team.

Please ask any one developer to record the video in the event mini-game by killing the boss of each dungeon without using diamonds.
With that I will classify how many teeths needed, why ask them because they are the ones know very well how to play it. Let them showcase their skills to beta players and definitely I will applaud them if they share the video here.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So they made some changes.
Okay. I have one very very kind request to development team.

Please ask any one developer to record the video in the event mini-game by killing the boss of each dungeon without using diamonds.
With that I will classify how many teeths needed, why ask them because they are the ones know very well how to play it. Let them showcase their skills to beta players and definitely I will applaud them if they share the video here.
Plenty of people are clearing dungeons - no "proof" is needed. Incidentally my one I tried after the changes was well under 400 teeth, including buying 2 extra cards (thiefs) and using them on the final boss.

You cannot clear *every* dungeon for free. But you don't need to. You may not need to clear any dungeon (though that is one of the best uses of teeth - to take runs to the end). Just fight fight fight die without spending teeth til you have enough saved up to do a run comfortably.

Just fight fight fight die without spending teeth til you have enough saved up to do a run comfortably.
Very specific, this statement is the one disturbs me very much from the beginning. So many share the same concept, why this kind of event play is needed.

Without using teeth, Is it possible for anyone to grab silver or gold key on free dungeon, if not why to perform that. Why to waste the free dungeon process without using teeth. I still don't get it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Very specific, this statement is the one disturbs me very much from the beginning. So many share the same concept, why this kind of event play is needed.

Without using teeth, Is it possible for anyone to grab silver or gold key on free dungeon, if not why to perform that. Why to waste the free dungeon process without using teeth. I still don't get it.
Bronze Keys still have value. Yes you will gain some silver keys. No you will not gain any gold keys in this manner.

In general you'll get 8-11 progress per run (8 bronze or 8 bronze and 1 silver). You can do 66 free runs over the event so that's already 528-726 progress without spending a single tooth. Why would you want to leave that on the table. So as a starting point, you use all your free runs.

After which the question is : you have all these teeth, how to best use them? Which yes, one of the best answers is to turn some of those free runs instead into full runs - and there's lots of ways to spend teeth to do so. But there's plenty of leeway in terms of how efficient you have to be. So even if you don't make the best decisions, you're probably finishing the main building.

I LOVE Halloween.
I hate the Halloween event, and I was so looking forward to it. :(

I have read the info, I have read the tutorials from MooingCat, joined their Discord, watched videos. I do not understand what I am doing. Collected a lot of teeth (3K+) doing the event tasks and from incidents, but I have zero understanding of the mini-game. The graphics are cool, but that's about it.

I find this event extremely confusing; there is nothing intuitive about it at all. Unnecessarily complicated.

As the event stands currently, I will definitely be skipping it on the live servers (will just do enough to stop the game from flashing an arrow or hand at the event button). I don't mind if an event is challenging, makes you think; but this is so much so that it's not a bit fun.

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
So, the chains are off, I am free again, checked my cards, same as the day before. So, 2 days, I have the same deck and same tip, use vampires. I am gonna have to record the dungeon cards. Last time I met the Boss, think it was Elder a zombie, 11 HP, does lots of damage and has bad breathe. Guess no scope or listerine in the dungeon medicine cabinets. :))

Last edited: