• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
The tip "I am useful in the next dungeon. Opt for....."
I have not found this tip useful at all, I think it has nothing to do with dungeon deck. I think it just tells you that, for example, opt for vampires, your deck will have many vampires but nothing to do with what I will be facing. It doesn't mean I will be facing zombies (vampire has bonus).

It is not fake. You can check what each deck includes before going into a dungeon. Most of the cards are from the given faction, but not all. Similar to that, most of the enemies are from the given faction, but again not all. The hint is for the next dungeon, not just a random one.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Forget my last post.

This game really is too expensive.
It is impossible to play with the given teeth.
I am spending a lot of diamonds.
If this game stays the way it is, I will not play this game in the other worlds.
It is frustrating, not fun.
It's quite possible to get enough done before the changes coming.

But changes are coming - at 5 teeth each, using redraw heavily is going to be a no-brainer to a large extent (it was already often one of the best deals for where to spend teeth). Will have to see how much harder late cards get to beat though - that might offset the gains.

You probably still will want to do some toothless runs. Where you just get what you get and die.

evil marge

Farmer
I think a trial/practice game when it hits live might help a lot. Like day 1 people can play all three decks and do everything without costing teeth but with no prizes or anything, and then after using all three decks, the teeth costs kick in with prizes/keys.

angelgail

Baronet
I'm wondering why was my 'vampire'-pack full of werewolves? Was it because I had just tried one and lost miserably with werewolf-pack because of forgetting to keep an eye on health. If so, why not add an INITIALIZATION of the card pack for the next try to have there cards which actually help in fighting?
were is the health part located ?

It is not fake. You can check what each deck includes before going into a dungeon. Most of the cards are from the given faction, but not all. Similar to that, most of the enemies are from the given faction, but again not all. The hint is for the next dungeon, not just a random one.
KISS - keep it stupid simple! I don't know how you guys are expecting this to go over well on live in this state. If there's anything relatively simple you can do now it's to keep all of the cards and all of the dungeon to the faction that they are picked by the player.

Thunderdome

Emperor
As I finished GE 4, as a fighter, this quest then got marked complete by finishing GE 1-4 (FYI).
Yep, I had worked hard to save on my goods by fighting through GE encounters (1-64). I only care about GE 5 (which I still have to work more on my city defense) if I wanted the items it offers and I have tons of previous and current age goods at my disposal.
SO the good news is that it now automatically completes when GE 4 does,
Glad to hear that as I am hoping to speed on through 1-64 when it comes out again tomorrow (and since I am going on overtime yet again... I ain't complaining as the money's there for me, heh heh). Only 120 diamonds for 8 attempts (I am 1 expansion away from splurging on my medals) each time... I am not too worried.
However it ends, it should not mandate negotiations.
Exactly!

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Myself expecting Halloween teeths to get this punches before hitting the live server,

Current Teeth Usage:
Health - 10, 45, 85
Dungeon - Free, 100, 150...
Ability - Free, 50, 100
Redraw - 25, 50
Quest - 50 and 60
Quest timeline - 250, 400, 600
Keys - b4, s3, g2
Chest - b4, s9, g12

Expected Teeth Usage:
Health - 10, 25, 50
Dungeon - Free, 50, 100...
Ability - Free, 25, 50
Redraw - 25 (fixed)
Quest - 60 and 90
Quest time line - 300, 500, 750
Keys - b4, s3, g2
Chest - b4, s6, g9

Chest progress slightly reduced based on the teeth frequency.

Waiting to see if any nerf or buff sneaks into this halloween event. Game concept like it, design like it, then what is still disturbing,
1) Gold league players getting one interesting building which other players don't have a chance to grab.
2) Playing the mini-game with our strong planning getting insulted by random cards picking.
3) Teeths, Teeths, Teeths everywhere.

Overall not a bad mini-game, but it needs to be improvised in so many ways. So many good feedbacks came along, but what the team decides not able to guess it.

estrid

Baronet
I'm a bit confused... I think that when the game started the thief card also killed the opponent... yesterday when I played it did not.
I ended up using two thief cards against the same opponent and, in consequence, run out of cards.
Was this a bug or am I imagining? If it is intended, I'm not buying any thief-cards in the future...

CDmark

Baronet
I'm a bit confused... I think that when the game started the thief card also killed the opponent... yesterday when I played it did not.
I ended up using two thief cards against the same opponent and, in consequence, run out of cards.
Was this a bug or am I imagining? If it is intended, I'm not buying any thief-cards in the future...
Thief card only steals chest, like a thief. If there was an assassin card, then I would expect it to kill the opponent. Other ability cards do damage to opponents, it depends on how much damage they do versus the opponents hit points.

CrashBoom

Legend
that you can get it twice (from the boss) is great :)
(especially after todays update when refresh only cost 5 teeth to select that card)

but not very logial: if you steal it from your opponent he normally doesn't have it twice ;)

CrashBoom

Legend
Dear spooktastic duelists,
with the next update, we are going to implement some changes to the Halloween Event. Some of these changes may only be applied for the next dungeon you enter.

We have changed the redraw costs from 25 to 5:htooth:.
just great

:htooth: Costs for continuous redrawing will now increase by a factor of 4, instead of 2.
still great: 2 refresh = 5+20 = 25. that is one in the old balancing
and I think refresh more than twice shouldn't be necessary

We made the choice of your deck more meaningful! Some enemy cards are now guaranteed to be of the faction mentioned in the beginning.
sounds good. we will see

Dungeons now start out easier and become more difficult! Later enemy cards now have even more health for example.
that makes card selection more important. not to spend better cards too early
and maybe more cards (even more ability cards ??) are needed to win against later enemies (we will see)

one thing would be terrible: if the enemy hits itself twice card (-1 HP) won't kill the boss anymore because of too much health (we will see)

nice2haveu

Baronet
My reaction: :confused:

Instead, if it mentioned like,
You can now gain :fragment: s for "Spectral Steeds Phantom Carriage" by defeating the boss at the 11th encounter, I could have shout like anything in the excitement:D despite being in the office or sleeping in the bed.
No need to replace the point mentioned, there are three different dungeons, three boss so add three different rewards.

First, they mentioned as stormsphire. - Zombies boss

Second, you mentioned with "Phantom Carriage" - Vampire boss

Third, selection kit of "Ectoplasmic nightmares" - Werewolves boss

Sounds nice and feel happy if they really made this change!!

estrid

Baronet
that you can get it twice (from the boss) is great :)
(especially after todays update when refresh only cost 5 teeth to select that card)

but not very logial: if you steal it from your opponent he normally doesn't have it twice ;)
Except that card keeps coming way before you get to the boss, meaning, you never get there.
I have now lost several times before getting to the boss or just at it just because running out cards... so, any card that does not provide progress seems useless