• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

CDmark

Baronet
Are the steel key cards reduced , before you almost always had 2 and rare occasion 3 cards , since the changes i had 2 times 0 steel before reaching the boss.
I still see them, did 2 dungeons since the update. I saw at least 2 per dungeon. I think it is random.

It's not tricky while the event is still running.

Within game itself, you can get all the details for the quiz.

If you don't have any "epic halloween 2023 selection kit" in the inventory means, go to event league progress and click the epic selection kit icon displayed in any of the league progress to fetch the details. And to calculate the roads happiness, use the game road tab.

There is nothing tricky here, just time consuming.
I should have known that before I spent an hour on wiki trying to find the matching buildings.

rex18

Farmer
The first week of the event has passed. The Gold League starts at 838 keys. This means that 99% of players have a progression of less than 838 keys. And 94% of players have a progression of less than 645 keys.
Although there are still two weeks of the event ahead of us, we have all already found or earned most of the teeth from the entire event. And as I read the lamentations here, most of us have a meager supply of teeth. We will not exchange many teeth for keys anymore.
If things continue like this, the Golden League will start somewhere around 1300 keys and 99% of players will not reach the Golden Tarot Upgrade Kit.
It doesn't even make sense to buy a silver or gold Halloween chest. Apart from the Golden Tarot Upgrade Kit, there is nothing interesting there. And with the slow progress, we can't expect to get two Laboratory by buying the chest.

CrashBoom

Legend
The first week of the event has passed. The Gold League starts at 838 keys. This means that 99% of players have a progression of less than 838 keys. And 94% of players have a progression of less than 645 keys.

that means most players haven't SPEND their keys yet
because they wait for a good daily special

I am in amateur league and my keys are enough to reach 1000 progress and I still have 1200 teeth left

If things continue like this, the Golden League will start somewhere around 1300 keys and 99% of players will not reach the Golden Tarot Upgrade Kit.
if you only reach 1300 you shouldn't plan to reach silver ;)

Beta567

Baronet
I don't like Sparkforge buildings. Why so complicated? If you want to offer a 1x1 just make it one standalone building. I think worse than this can be only to offer fragments for those upgrade kits.

Overall event progress is unclear right now. The cardgame takes a little time which is probably good? but on the other hand doesn't take any involvement into event. Somewhat okay. I can't say it is bad and can't say it's good. Kind of average.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I don't like Sparkforge buildings. Why so complicated? If you want to offer a 1x1 just make it one standalone building. I think worse than this can be only to offer fragments for those upgrade kits.

Overall event progress is unclear right now. The cardgame takes a little time which is probably good? but on the other hand doesn't take any involvement into event. Somewhat okay. I can't say it is bad and can't say it's good. Kind of average.
Read the changes. Means more runs through the dungeon needed.

I enjoy the actual play of the event. Unfortunately, the cost in teeth is so high, and the amount of teeth I can get without spending is so low, I get about 5 minutes of playing the event each day. You would think that your health would regenerate over time, but no, you have to spend more teeth. And the prizes? blueprints and special units. Seriously?
I've never had a problem spending money on events in the past. Unfortunately I am disabled now and just don't have it to spend anymore. What little I do have to spend, I expect fair value for my money and this event just doesn't give that.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
My initial thoughts on the update are quite positive. The number of :htooth: have gone up from around 5.5k to 14.5k, perhaps another 500-1000 from incidents. That's not quite the 3x increase that we see in grand prize progress requirement, but it's not too far off. Based on the previous balancing you could get a lot more progress than required, and even with this slight nerf it should be very possible to get well above the required 3000 progress (2400 with league reward).

• 15,000 :htooth: / 21 days = 714 :htooth: per day
  • I spent 275 :htooth: on average my first 4 games after the update. That has gone up a bit since then, but I think 350 on average could be doable.
  • You get 68 progress per full dungeon, plus 25 progress per thief, plus 3 progress per remaining card (I usually have 4-5 remaining cards, so let's say +15). That's around 175 progress per day with 1 thief, for a total of around 3.7k progress.
  • You can also play games where you spend very few :htooth: for a few redraws, aiming for at most enemy card 9. From these I get around 30-40 progress, so with 1 of these per day as well in addition to 2 full dungeons you can get an additional 6-800 progress.
  • You can get around 500 progress if you get the daily double reward from gold chest. The daily challenge is worth around 3 progress per day on average, for an additional 60 progress.
  • So all in all, I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to get 4-5000 progress.

Additionally, daily special chance should actually be increased slightly. Yes the key requirements are tripled for bronze and doubled for silver/gold, but we should be able to get more than twice the amount of keys compared to before.

Main downside is the removal of rewards from dungeons, but I'm fine with that in exchange for much more room to play the event. We started out being lucky to get to play 10 full dungeons, now we're perhaps looking at 40 full dungeons across the event, that's a massive improvement if you ask me :)

Retired Guy

Marquis
The recalculate math doesn't seem correct..

I "had" 24 gold keys, 2 were required for a chest... 12 chests
so.. 11 days @ 24 (2x 1st chest) = 264 + 1 @ 12 = 276.. or 2.76 steps of progress

Now.. I have 72.. (18 plays) which gives 11 days @ 48 (2x 1st chest) = 524 + 168 (7 x 24) = 692.. 2.3 steps of progress..

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think I just lost all excitement for this event... I didn't really want to do 3 times the dungeons. I liked the experience of only having to really play it in full every couple days.

Also the diamond-currency is now thoroughly mispriced. 1990 diamonds for 810 teeth is about 2 dungeon trips which used to be enough for almost 2 grand prizes. Was pretty good. Now though 2 dungeon trips isn't even 1 grand prize for 2k diamonds - which is awful.