• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Isig

Farmer
[QUOTE = "Darrth Eugene Vader, post: 69027, member: 8859"] No FPs per tariffa un accordo x FP di merci? Nessun membro della gilda per aiutare con le merci? [/ CITAZIONE]

Non ho abbastanza materiale o PF, la negoziazione è il grande esercito sono impossibili per quelli che sono all'inizio di una delle prime epoche

DeletedUser8277

There are WAYYY to many long production quests for this short of a timeline. I have 13 production buildings up which I think should be more than enough yet by quest 24 I've already spent something like 40 hours tied up in production cycles and the wiki tells me there are much more to come. I don't see myself being able to finish this event in time despite being on everyday.

Are people expected to set alarms for the game to make sure they get all these random 4-8-24 hour productions in? People work sleep and have lives. Having the event being held up for 4-8-24 hours daily is not entertaining. I think they do it because maybe they figure we'll all get so fed up waiting around we spend diamonds? It's one thing to spend 50 diamonds to rush a scout so players can keep playing the game it's another to spend 50 diamonds X20 production cycles everyday just to finish.

It's not like you can use the supply rush that you may have 1 or 2 of because most of these cycles are not producing supplies in multi production buildings, unless were to throw all our sunken treasures and terrace farms away and replace them with more and more blacksmiths.

Halloween was certainly one of the best mini event questlines but this version of it has just been bad. From the confusing multi OR's which feels like I'm taking a reading comprehension test (granted a simple one but things shouldn't need to be read, reread and read again to make sure you're right, they should just be clear at first glance like they were before this change) to this jumbled story line - Now it's a man and a wolf? what happened to the woman and the kid.. what was that about a cave?- Maybe the story would make more sense if you weren't reading each sentence a day at a time with how slow these quests are. Then to the bad, expensive and ridiculously time consuming quests. Unless you can get them from GE recruiting 3 of era units takes anywhere from 6 hours to days and that's if you don't have to wait the 1-8 hours to build a barrack. That quest is 'Play GE' otherwise known as, 'Waiting for Tuesday' or 'This is why you haven't played GE yet and it's Sunday' so let's just call it what it is. The amount of goods for the negotiations and the amount of FP required makes me not understand even if there is enough time, how any less advanced person could possibly hope to complete half of these before the clock runs out.

The doorway is an okay little 3x3 FP building and it's nice looking but it's not worth half the amount of effort/time/confusion and sheer cost of this 57 (FIFTYSEVEN!) quest event.

DeletedUser

I miss the choice to produce 4h/8h extreme often
how about: or spend 200 FP

DeletedUser9410

I'm happy to see the scientist lab as i haven't got it and for some mad ( lol) reason i like that building .
wish Frankenstein monster was offered as avatar again though.
i have the graveyard plus 2 upgrades for it but cant make up my mind if its worth placing or not .

DeletedUser9410

Just wanted to say that I highly approve of the "multiple choice" aspect of the Halloween Event.....awesome decision to have made and should be applied to all future events.
Agreed. it helps a lot on some quests . especially if you arent loaded with stocks of goods etc .
Full marks for this development.

DeletedUser9410

I am in a very similar situation and very disappointed. I just entered Progressive era. I have no Progressive units and very limited (some zero) Progressive goods to negotiate. I can not obtain any Progressive units, as I do not have enough Progressive goods to get through the tech tree. I will put Industrial for Progressive trades on the Market (but in Beta trades are very limited and my guild is small). It appears this quest maybe the end of the line for me too. I will try to make trades, as the Negotiation is my only option in this quest. The real quest kicker, was when I used Industrial goods as a trade, "no" Industrial goods (all red, and rejected). Then I had no chance, when my only option was to use Progressive goods. I have been playing for almost 3 years and do not foresee getting past this one quest (unless I can get those trades at the market). Possibly, the developers will reconsideration this situation, in this quest, when it rolls out to the other worlds. If not, hopefully the other trade markets will be easier than Beta or more people will not be able to get past this quest.
do as much GE as possible . you will get progressive troops in chests.
also try find someone who is prepared to help you with some unfair trades to get the goods needed

LordVaderIII

Marquis
There are WAYYY to many long production quests for this short of a timeline. I have 13 production buildings up which I think should be more than enough yet by quest 24 I've already spent something like 40 hours tied up in production cycles and the wiki tells me there are much more to come. I don't see myself being able to finish this event in time despite being on everyday.

Are people expected to set alarms for the game to make sure they get all these random 4-8-24 hour productions in? People work sleep and have lives. Having the event being held up for 4-8-24 hours daily is not entertaining. I think they do it because maybe they figure we'll all get so fed up waiting around we spend diamonds? It's one thing to spend 50 diamonds to rush a scout so players can keep playing the game it's another to spend 50 diamonds X20 production cycles everyday just to finish.

It's not like you can use the supply rush that you may have 1 or 2 of because most of these cycles are not producing supplies in multi production buildings, unless were to throw all our sunken treasures and terrace farms away and replace them with more and more blacksmiths.

Halloween was certainly one of the best mini event questlines but this version of it has just been bad. From the confusing multi OR's which feels like I'm taking a reading comprehension test (granted a simple one but things shouldn't need to be read, reread and read again to make sure you're right, they should just be clear at first glance like they were before this change) to this jumbled story line - Now it's a man and a wolf? what happened to the woman and the kid.. what was that about a cave?- Maybe the story would make more sense if you weren't reading each sentence a day at a time with how slow these quests are. Then to the bad, expensive and ridiculously time consuming quests. Unless you can get them from GE recruiting 3 of era units takes anywhere from 6 hours to days and that's if you don't have to wait the 1-8 hours to build a barrack. That quest is 'Play GE' otherwise known as, 'Waiting for Tuesday' or 'This is why you haven't played GE yet and it's Sunday' so let's just call it what it is. The amount of goods for the negotiations and the amount of FP required makes me not understand even if there is enough time, how any less advanced person could possibly hope to complete half of these before the clock runs out.

The doorway is an okay little 3x3 FP building and it's nice looking but it's not worth half the amount of effort/time/confusion and sheer cost of this 57 (FIFTYSEVEN!) quest event.
I have to agree with this. I thought I was moving along fairly quickly but I still have 32 quests left to finish with just under 10 days left. Granted, on live I'll probably be able to move along faster but it seems very slow on the beta server.

DeletedUser8425

1. Quest 34 requires fighting. I'm a peaceful player - no attack bonuses and I hate fighting. I play and enjoy FoE as a resource management game. Needless to say, I won't be finishing this questline. Disappointed. :(

I was thinking that I might actually prefer seeing considerably fewer quests (maybe a third less) and have the quests themselves take longer.

I think they do it because maybe they figure we'll all get so fed up waiting around we spend diamonds?

At the risk of stating the obvious, the whole purpose of the game is to get people to give Inno money. It's a difficult balance point to find: not so much frustration that you cause people to leave the game but not so little that you feel that you're leaving (players') money on the table.

I'm very doubtful I'll finish the questline (but who knows?) but, when the event goes to Live, I expect to skip it on all but one city and that's only because I have an upgraded graveyard in the city and I'm not sure how many more upgrades it needs. The doorway just isn't something I'm going to make any effort to get.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
And that's me out of the event. The requirements for the fight or negotiate option are in my opinion ridiculous, and if it is going to be in future events, I'm not going to waste my time or resources on them. o_O

DeletedUser9126

Just wanted to say that I highly approve of the "multiple choice" aspect of the Halloween Event.....awesome decision to have made and should be applied to all future events.
+++
I agree too

DeletedUser8277

Hopefully with the CM herself possibly having issue finishing in time they will do something about it before it hits live. Not only are there 57 quests, most I've seen have been multi part quests. Not to mention the length of the quest/productions I went on about earlier.

I just wanted to clarify that I too like the multiple choice, weve asked for more options for a long time. I just don't like how they are being phrased and find them often confusing with this new set up. The set up we had before would give us options sometimes but it was obvious at first glance. Not, do a or b do c or d do e f. Possibly if they added in the word 'and' it would help, do a or b, and do c or d, and do e and f. Maybe a different background color for the different quests, though that may not help the color blind people.

DeletedUser7959

If the devs want players to play more and be active they should propose something better than cute but dead pictures, productions of which (in the best case) you will gather once per day. We have GBs that are the main reason this game still alive, why don't you use them as an example to make similar stuff? I want some interactions with buildings instead of placing the most profitable one and forget about it. Where are the thematic shops where you could buy some exclusive boosts, buildings or upgrades (depends on what you need), new units with cool abilities, icons, etc.? Those shops could be open only during the event...
It looks like 90% of the work is about visual components and the rest 10% about the game process.

Last edited by a moderator: