• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9356

I just started on beta servers and in the middle of Iron age.
Completly stuck at quest 9. I have the choice to either defeat a 13 man army (heavy and siege weapons) or an extreme expensive negotiation:

View attachment 3380

I'm in exactly the same position; here in the Late Middle Ages, I'm totally jammed, unable to fight and with nowhere remotely near enough goods and medals to bribe my way to a successful negotiation of Quest 9. I expect the game to be over, and I'll still be mired in the dung of bad game balance. And I'd been looking forward to this one.....

DeletedUser8899

Only 2 graveyard upgrates? So I need to wait another year for a Necropolis?

+1
I hope there will be a third one on live ^^

I just have the second upgrate so i’m on the end, i play on the app, it works good.
I am in the FA since tuesday, it was difficult with this changing but not impossible.
I understand that it can be difficult for young age => lot of good needed, army, long and many production...
On my level it’s the perfect difficulty i think, thanks for diamond, they help me a lot. :cool:

Good game !
And dont forget adding a third upgrate :D

babs

Merchant
I'm in exactly the same position; here in the Late Middle Ages, I'm totally jammed, unable to fight and with nowhere remotely near enough goods and medals to bribe my way to a successful negotiation of Quest 9. I expect the game to be over, and I'll still be mired in the dung of bad game balance. And I'd been looking forward to this one.....
I am in a very similar situation and very disappointed. I just entered Progressive era. I have no Progressive units and very limited (some zero) Progressive goods to negotiate. I can not obtain any Progressive units, as I do not have enough Progressive goods to get through the tech tree. I will put Industrial for Progressive trades on the Market (but in Beta trades are very limited and my guild is small). It appears this quest maybe the end of the line for me too. I will try to make trades, as the Negotiation is my only option in this quest. The real quest kicker, was when I used Industrial goods as a trade, "no" Industrial goods (all red, and rejected). Then I had no chance, when my only option was to use Progressive goods. I have been playing for almost 3 years and do not foresee getting past this one quest (unless I can get those trades at the market). Possibly, the developers will reconsideration this situation, in this quest, when it rolls out to the other worlds. If not, hopefully the other trade markets will be easier than Beta or more people will not be able to get past this quest.

DeletedUser

I am passing all this feedback on to game design, thanks everyone :)

dpghost

Steward
I have managed to get to quest 33
I have done 4 hours supply and I am really bored
Does Inno wants to see our cities full of blacksmiths?
Anything more intelligent?

I have to say I was hoping that the single negotiate will disappear from daily challenges being replaced with a dual negotiate/fight
Not so... still we have to negotiate, with no option

babs

Merchant
I am passing all this feedback on to game design, thanks everyone :)
Thank you for the quick response. I certainly hope the developers will be able and willing to resolve this situation. Appreciate your assistance and help in trying to resolve this matter.

DeletedUser8946

The Daily Challenge gave me medal options or Medium Medal package. And i had to negotiate a very complex trade.
totally not worth it for a certain medal reward.

As with the Halloween, the game shouldnt be asking me to negotiate with goods I do not have.
I prefer to do x amount of 4- or 8- hour productions but negotiating makes me want to stop.

Please reconsider both in the upcoming events and in the daily challenge.

DeletedUser5097

A better altarnative for this very costly negotiation that may even require diamonds
to complete, would be ''pay 1 of each good of your current/previouse age'' since this
is arround the same costs, but no risk in waisting goods for the ''wrong''
person.
As for DC I feell like you have always a next time, but the use of this negotiation
should be less. I would prefer that it is a bound altarnative in DC for defeating a
specific army made up by the DC. As for the events I think the better way is, for
when it's required to defeat a army made up by the missions, there should always
be an altarnative for paying 1-2 goods of each of your current/prev. age.

Anyways regardless of all of this. When it was made clear that something great and
new in missions would be introduced with this Halloween that would improve the fun
of missions... I'm highly dissapointed; buy fp's (spend a lot of coins), make mindless
many X productions, do some expansive negotiation, etc.
also I find it a bit confussing where there are 3 altarnatives. I know that I look quickly
to what the missions ask, but in the way it's designed at the moment, I read like I have
to do all 3, not just 1. For example the mission to build a good buiding from current age
or 2 good buildings of prev. age or recruiting 6 units. I'm not sure how, but maybe with
some collor coding in the word or might help. In our example:
build a good buiding from current age or 2 good buildings of prev. age or recruiting
6 units.
In any case if the word or would stoot out somehow it might help. Mor altarnative
roads for a mission are fine, but making it eassely and quickly clear when seeing
it, might help fantastic.

EDIT

Graveyard proposed extra upgrade

I feell like the necropolis is not complete. Some pilars are a bit broken and some
other parts of the build as well. Yes it's a very old graveyard, but how about renovating
the place? It's something that is pretty common to old places. It could become the
Renovated Necropolis

Possible with some affeacts like others did ask for. Perhaps some extra attack
power, or something more unique. Like a small tavern silver boost; fokes from
far to visit your great renovated necropolis and donate some extra tavern silver
for keeping it renovated.
Altarnative it may unlock a special tavern boost. Also related to the greatness of
the renovated necropolis. Maybe like mourning, when mourning is active a special
funneral takes place, or has taken place recently. This buff may influence diffrent parts
of the game. Like during the time of mourning other friendly players show there respect
to the great lose, when they aid you there help will be stronger. Like instead of
double production of supplies/coins it will be now 3x, cultural buildings polished
by others will generate 3x more happines then it's default status. As for special
productions, one extra fp or 2 random goods (when it's producing goods) will be
added when motivated. This is symbolic for the support from friendly players
towards you. This buff last short in order to counter is strengh, like in periodes
of 1h, 2h, 4h all 3 will cost a lot of tavern silver; we are not stingy during this
short periode of sadness. This also counter the strengh of this buff.
Another option for the mourning buff or even a side effect can be, making it curse
and blessing: when you fight while mourning is active, your units are greatly
weaken (the curse of it), because they are very sad and not very motivated. However
the honor of winning battles during this buff is big. Resulting in extra bonuspoints,
maybe 10-15% bonus battle points?
I'll make later a topic for this suggestion, but I have not enough time for it at this
moment, sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
And here I had been supportive of the negotiation option in the Daily Challenge, only to see it become nothing more than another method for Inno to make even more money in diamond sales. Pathetic, but not surprising (Inno is a business after all). I won't bother taking my Live cities through this event, because the more complex negotiations require diamonds if you've a shortfall in goods, and I don't buy diamonds. As it is, I'm not going to push my Beta city passed the Lab, and that's if I don't run out of diamonds before then.

Does Inno wants to see our cities full of blacksmiths?
Anything more intelligent?

They can always make it worse.

DeletedUser9274

I can not get into the city, it opens, I just can not do anything. It gets frozen, I can not do the event.

And here I had been supportive of the negotiation option in the Daily Challenge, only to see it become nothing more than another method for Inno to make even more money in diamond sales. Pathetic, but not surprising (Inno is a business after all). I won't bother taking my Live cities through this event, because the more complex negotiations require diamonds if you've a shortfall in goods, and I don't buy diamonds. As it is, I'm not going to push my Beta city past the Lab, and that's if I don't run out of diamonds before then.

When Inno removed the -1 from the Daily Challenges, I speculated that they would balance a change that benefits players with some change(s) to benefit Inno. I guess that's some of what we're seeing here. Maybe when some tweaking has happened, it will be worth it. For now, when I look at what a quest will probably cost me (for example, goods for a negotiation) and compare that to the random rewards I've been seeing, I don't feel the least bit encouraged to play.

If the Black Tower were the final prize, I might be OK with it. Of course, the folks who got BTs last year might be unhappy.