• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

esoterism

Squire
Revert to GE4 with diamonds reward until you fix GE5 with a proper balance so that at least more than half of the guys can reach last encounter fighting with current level of defense of these average guys. When guy will have increased their defense then you would be able to increase back but not the silly 2000% which nobody will ever be able to beat in the future 10y.

Some interesting reads here ... well, one thing I (I speak for myself!), feel like a WIN in FoE :
1) get some distraction for a moment from "real life"
2) have FUN doing so !

I still try each day to hold those 2 above things in mind so that this game stay as a "Win" ! ;)

esoterism

Squire
It would be nice if INNO could communicate so that we know if they are thinking readjusting of not so that we know if we start boycotting EG or not ?

Beta567

Baronet
When I can say I've won a game, it's over.
So you think with 64 days in top 1, that means you've won and the game is over?
Didn't you get my point? It would be logically correct to assume that be the best means constantly be at the top of the table and no one can beat you. I don't see any other options in this game. Definitely this game is not about personal success. More like a guild success.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Even if you were first on all the rankings, your reasoning would not hold water because no time limit determines an end in itself.

AllamHRK

Baronet
How good it is to know that the developers care and consider feedback from the beta forum. lol

Everything that was said about key balancing at the anniversary event (for example) was considered very important as we see right?...
1680895329165.png

I wonder if these 75 pages of GE5 feedback will be like the example above, just a huge waste of everyone's time.

Sinitar

Regent
How good it is to know that the developers care and consider feedback from the beta forum. lol

Everything that was said about key balancing at the anniversary event (for example) was considered very important as we see right?...
View attachment 9412

I wonder if these 75 pages of GE5 feedback will be like the example above, just a huge waste of everyone's time.
Well, wasn't a waste of time there in anniversary since in IT server I'm in Gold League without problems:D

qaccy

Emperor

View attachment 9412

This game isn't developed by the community nor by popular vote. The developers create the game, and we players are given the opportunity to talk about it. The developers have no obligation to do as we suggest in our feedback, nor should we have any expectation that we can command them to do as we say. I dunno where this entitled notion that 'the game has to be developed exactly as I say or you're ignoring me!' comes from, but it's really, uh...well, entitled. That's about the only way to put it.

mcbluefire

Baronet
This game isn't developed by the community nor by popular vote. The developers create the game, and we players are given the opportunity to talk about it. The developers have no obligation to do as we suggest in our feedback, nor should we have any expectation that we can command them to do as we say. I dunno where this entitled notion that 'the game has to be developed exactly as I say or you're ignoring me!' comes from, but it's really, uh...well, entitled. That's about the only way to put it.

Aye, yet very successful games take into consideration what their players are concerned about and then follow up with why something isn't going to be changed or change something and typically give a nod to the player's who brought it to their attention.

Indeed the professionals should be creating new systems and venues of entertainment, but to so obviously ignore their player base is done at their own peril.

I've never been involved for more than a few months on any game whose developers are so isolated from their forum player base. I could name several extremely popular games that put Inno's bottom line to shame where the developers actually interact, except for the restriction about naming names here. :)

Dessire

Regent
Is the total amount of required goods to complete the 5th level by negotiating decreased a 35% to 40% if you can fight without problems up to encounter 74?

qaccy

Emperor
Aye, yet very successful games take into consideration what their players are concerned about and then follow up with why something isn't going to be changed or change something and typically give a nod to the player's who brought it to their attention.

Indeed the professionals should be creating new systems and venues of entertainment, but to so obviously ignore their player base is done at their own peril.

I've never been involved for more than a few months on any game whose developers are so isolated from their forum player base. I could name several extremely popular games that put Inno's bottom line to shame where the developers actually interact, except for the restriction about naming names here. :)
The thing is, the developers don't ignore feedback. Indeed, it's actually the forum posters who seem to ignore all the instances where Inno does act on it, or even make positive changes to things that weren't really being talked about. These forum posters are too busy complaining about the next thing they want changed to notice all the changes that actually happen. The forums also seem to largely be unaware of the fact that they're only a small fraction of the playerbase, while Inno considers the game as a whole for a lot of their decisions.

And again, transparency regarding the development process isn't an obligation. And by most objective metrics, FoE is still a very successful game, even with its 'isolated' developers and despite what some on the forums would like to suggest with their hyperbolic rants.

Yekk

Viceroy
On the flip side players need not spend their hard earned money... Your reasoning fails when that is added in. A long time ago the top game in the world made the mistake of adding a fear reaction to how the players saw the game. It lost a million paying customers with that mistake. At the end of the day the players are the ones who need to be happy and right now looking at the world servers few are. Your premise that a developer has a free hand to do what ever is wrong. Inno made the mistake of thinking how beta saw this was not how the world would.

Yekk

Viceroy
The thing is, the developers don't ignore feedback. Indeed, it's actually the forum posters who seem to ignore all the instances where Inno does act on it, or even make positive changes to things that weren't really being talked about. These forum posters are too busy complaining about the next thing they want changed to notice all the changes that actually happen. The forums also seem to largely be unaware of the fact that they're only a small fraction of the playerbase, while Inno considers the game as a whole for a lot of their decisions.

And again, transparency regarding the development process isn't an obligation. And by most objective metrics, FoE is still a very successful game, even with its 'isolated' developers and despite what some on the forums would like to suggest with their hyperbolic rants.
ROFL, yes they do ignore feedback. Inno promised more transparency then actually did less. Lets look at GE5 huh? If 6 months ago Inno had said "we see many players asking for a use for a players city defense and will make changes for just that soon" players could adjust their events accordingly.
I am a pack rat in games and think outside the box. That allowed me a head start as I had all my Tact towers and Ritual Flames. Even so I will not be able to beat the last 2 encounters of GE5 fighting with same age troops for months. That is not challenging. It is insane...

qaccy

Emperor
@Yekk Yes, thank you for proving the point I was making by continuing to insist that Inno ignores feedback. Choosing not to act on player feedback (that, need I remind you, is coming from a very small portion of the playerbase via the forums) is not the same as ignoring it. Having the expectation that feedback posts need to be acted upon or even responded to is borderline delusional, or at the very least, again, entitled.

As for your last bit, Inno has flat-out said GE5 wasn't designed to be beaten immediately. That's a player expectation. They expect players to build up over time to being able to complete it. Anyone who can do so now is far ahead of the curve Inno's balanced it around.

Dessire

Regent
Up to encounter 74 can be easy in a few months but 75 to 80 . . It seems they want most player atleast spend goods, do negotiations for atleast a few encounters casue most players never do negotiations in GE.

Yekk

Viceroy
@Yekk Yes, thank you for proving the point I was making by continuing to insist that Inno ignores feedback. Choosing not to act on player feedback (that, need I remind you, is coming from a very small portion of the playerbase via the forums) is not the same as ignoring it. Having the expectation that feedback posts need to be acted upon or even responded to is borderline delusional, or at the very least, again, entitled.

As for your last bit, Inno has flat-out said GE5 wasn't designed to be beaten immediately. That's a player expectation. They expect players to build up over time to being able to complete it. Anyone who can do so now is far ahead of the curve Inno's balanced it around.
You added nothing... You are not relevant

What inno could have done to make GEX5 a fun challenge would be to do the minigames from the settlements - fight with egyptian units, negotiate japan, the minesweeper aztecs game, I don't even remember what the game was for mougals except it was awful.

They could have reused all of the game mechanics and painted over it with gex graphics.