• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

esoterism

Squire
Can you give me the link to this source?
I am very present in the French community and I have not seen such information.
Because it's counterproductive to claim things the beta community can't verify are true and then yell that Inno isn't listening to you.
It was said "Ces changements ne seront pas disponibles dans l'expédition de guilde de cette semaine, mais seront ajoutés plus tard. "

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It was said "Ces changements ne seront pas disponibles dans l'expédition de guilde de cette semaine, mais seront ajoutés plus tard. "
Yes it was a basic Naolia translation of Juber's text whose reason was justified here on the beta but not on the FR server. Hence the edit...

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I also remember that all the players present also on beta had said that the test would have lasted months before arriving on the worlds. It only lasted three weeks.
Maybe it would be a good idea to put it back on beta to have time to test it better before putting it on the official versions.

I assume they are testing on Live right now, to see how many touch it. Hope not that many will do not but boycott it, so they'll make adjustments to make it more accessible to a larger group of the playerbase. And no, I'm not speaking for myself, as I could easily finish GE5, I have my concerns for the other players, especially for those who are below the space ages where producing goods are much harder.

esoterism

Squire
We wish INNO recognize they press the wrong button to publish GE5 in live server and revert to old version, meanwhile they reinsert diamond revert and adapt %defense and number of ressources to realistic level,, ie. half of people able to complete 5th level fighting.

Look back to the feedback for the Anniversary Event. Here, and on my live server, there were lots of complaints about how hard the mini-game was. Interestingly, the complaints died down quickly when players learned how to play it and realized that it was not so difficult after all. Seems like each new introduction goes through the same growing pains and I'm sure that INNO is not oblivious to this. I predict the same phenomenon will occur with L5. Many players, perhaps most players, will figure out a way to complete it that works for them. Perhaps INNO will continue to tweak it but, if they do, I would not expect them to be large
Yes, could be... althought I don't think so to be honest... GE 5 is simply too high boost... if I wish to win all battles (yes I do!), I need more boost for my defendingg army than I ever managed to get for my attacking army! If I still wish to win till end of GE L4 and at the same time do GE L5 fighting? I need a LOT more place for my city.
And to be crystal clear : I do not expect to be aible to win NOW all of GE L5 battles ... it may stay as a new "goal" to get there over longer time.
Knowing this : just only aible to play a small part of GE L5 needs to be rewarding enough to play it, otherwise it give not the "fever" to get valuable pieces ! ;)
Yes, some players already found a way to beat GE L5 :
I've read there're players who can currently win all 16 battles of GE L5, ust because they're in Progressive Era and get units of +5 Ages higher !! Yes, that way it's, of course, possible ! Hmm... not sure what to think about such situation, players with units of Ages above their current Age ... Cheating or not?
Inno has to re-do GE L5 (or the whole GE?) ...

esoterism

Squire
Indeed on Monday it was announced that on Tuesday the EG would start with the new version, which contradicts your statements.

And if this has been modified, thought a little, it's only because Naolia is only limited to translating Juber's texts, but the latter announced at the time that the rewards for GE 1 to 4 would not be done in a first time, in the following week.

Stop seeing evil everywhere and think a little before starting rumors.
And concerning yourself stop thinking that by saying things you do not know, that therefore they are true.

esoterism

Squire
Yes, could be... althought I don't think so to be honest... GE 5 is simply too high boost... if I wish to win all battles (yes I do!), I need more boost for my defendingg army than I ever managed to get for my attacking army! If I still wish to win till end of GE L4 and at the same time do GE L5 fighting? I need a LOT more place for my city.
And to be crystal clear : I do not expect to be aible to win NOW all of GE L5 battles ... it may stay as a new "goal" to get there over longer time.
Knowing this : just only aible to play a small part of GE L5 needs to be rewarding enough to play it, otherwise it give not the "fever" to get valuable pieces ! ;)
I've read there're players who can currently win all 16 battles of GE L5, ust because they're in Progressive Era and get units of +5 Ages higher !! Yes, that way it's, of course, possible ! Hmm... not sure what to think about such situation, players with units of Ages above their current Age ... Cheating or not?
Knowing that level 5 is crap, and level 4 no longer give diamonds, why on earth people will try to loose army and ressources for crap ?
Average guy will simply do not do EG anymore. INNO have destroy EG ! Weldone beloved developpers !

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
And concerning yourself stop thinking that by saying things you do not know, that therefore they are true.
So factually what is true for you is that an announcement was modified before the implementation of the new GE but that you base your reasoning on an ephemeral announcement rather than the corrected version?
Hide everyone, the illuminati are back! ^^

Sinitar

Regent
Up to encounter 74 can be easy in a few months but 75 to 80 . . It seems they want most player atleast spend goods, do negotiations for atleast a few encounters casue most players never do negotiations in GE.
sometimes it's possible to negotiate only the last 3/4 encounters and I don't have high stats in saab(345att/745def) but I need to spent goods for fortification
and the cost of the last 4 is around 4k(1300 only the last)

esoterism

Squire
So factually what is true for you is that an announcement was modified before the implementation of the new GE but that you base your reasoning on an ephemeral announcement rather than the corrected version?
Hide everyone, the illuminati are back!
There is no point in discussing with you about that.
The matter is about EG5 here and not your thinking about translation.
EG5 is wrongly born and INNO should react to 77 pages of negativ feedback by implementing correction to please is paying players otherwise they will loose money.
Restore previous version of EG
- reinstate diamond reward
- suppress fragement of combo crap reward
- create a level 5 that is playable by average guys with nice reward that doen't need 4 to 12 weeks to complete
- reinstate % of winning different real reward (not fragment) instead on 100% win of crap fragment

Last edited:
I assume they are testing on Live right now, to see how many touch it. Hope not that many will do not but boycott it, so they'll make adjustments to make it more accessible to a larger group of the playerbase. And no, I'm not speaking for myself, as I could easily finish GE5, I have my concerns for the other players, especially for those who are below the space ages where producing goods are much harder.
In my main city. 33 of 66 have tried L5 with 18 completing is so far. Other cities: 0/27, 10/55 (4 completes), 20/63 (10 completes), 2/79 (1 complete). The stronger guilds are doing better. It's only one season. It will be more interesting to see if the participants increase, or decrease, in the coming weeks.

Knowing that level 5 is crap, and level 4 no longer give diamonds, why on earth people will try to loose army and ressources for crap ?
Average guy will simply do not do EG anymore. INNO have destroy EG ! Weldone beloved developpers !
Please get your facts straight. There are 3 chests in level 4 that provide a chance to win diamonds.

CrashBoom

Legend
I checked my data
when level 4 came out I was in arctic future (last age at that time)
I could win the first 5 encounters and negotiated the rest

the first time I completed level 4 with fighting only was after oceanic future part 6 !!!! was released

and before people now say: the last encounters are easy there with artillery: correct
the encounters 54,56,57 are the ones I had to negotiate until I can win all

I checked my data
when level 4 came out I was in arctic future (last age at that time)
I could win the first 5 encounters and negotiated the rest

the first time I completed level 4 with fighting only was after oceanic future part 6 !!!! was released

and before people now say: the last encounters are easy there with artillery: correct
the encounters 54,56,57 are the ones I had to negotiate until I can win all
When I started playing, Level 4 was already there. Allow me one question. Looking back, do you think that you would have had more enjoyment if you were able to complete Level 4 immediately upon its release? Or, did you more enjoy working your way up to it? Sorry, that was two questions.

Yekk

Regent
Inno as usual just did a copy and paste addition to the game. Bottom dollar'ed by using city defense to make GE5 new. GE use to be a very competitive. Getting a full guild of 70-80 players to get to 133.3% is a real achievement. BUT Inno does not play the game and does not care.

Although a CM has stated Inno does not use story boards is is quite evident that for the next months Inno will script the events and new age GB's to force players to have to remake their city. I feel like a smoker on the "Deez" with Deacon upstairs saying " they'll row for a month before they figure out I'm fakin' it."

CrashBoom

Legend
When I started playing, Level 4 was already there. Allow me one question. Looking back, do you think that you would have had more enjoyment if you were able to complete Level 4 immediately upon its release? Or, did you more enjoy working your way up to it? Sorry, that was two questions.

it was more fun to figure out how to get best results in fighting
(instead of today where level 4 is just auto)

but it was a different time: not so much boost buildings

too bad that I didn't write down what boost I had at that time

qaccy

Emperor
There is no point in discussing with you about that.
The matter is about EG5 here and not your thinking about translation.
EG5 is wrongly born and INNO should react to 77 pages of negativ feedback by implementing correction to please is paying players otherwise they will loose money.
Restore previous version of EG
- reinstate diamond reward
- suppress fragement of combo crap reward
- create a level 5 that is playable by average guys with nice reward that doen't need 4 to 12 weeks to complete
- reinstate % of winning different real reward (not fragment) instead on 100% win of crap fragment
something something yadda yadda I hate change. I think that about sums up your post, along with the majority of complaints. Same old, same old, every time something new comes along that isn't just more of the same. You can huff and puff here, meanwhile there'll be players who you don't see nor hear on the forums just adapting their gameplay to accommodate the changes.

As far as the diamonds are concerned, everyone's beating a dead horse over that one. This is Inno finally deciding to respond to GE diamond farms. My guess is they now have enough data (gathered over years and across the entire game, not just what forum posters say) to determine that it was actually having a negative impact on diamond sales. It's not hard to imagine that there would be players who, given how many free diamonds were available, simply never felt it necessary to buy any whereas they might have if they were more scarce and they didn't really have any other option. The addition of other bonuses that cost money instead of diamonds (like event passes) gave them a way to sidestep the issue while they kept collecting data on it. Making FoYs take longer to acquire is a part of that; This stuff almost certainly isn't going to be reverted because it impacts Inno's bottom line.

TARS

Merchant
I also played through GE5 on the live server to see how it might work. (SAJM)
It reminded me a little of the first time of Foe when you still fought manually. The game was not so extensive.:cool:
But now manual fighting is not nice anymore, too time consuming.
I got as far as platform 77 with manual fighting. Attack power approx 150/190 + a lot of defender boosts stacked up to 150/3100.
At the platforms I have always taken the fortifications for the attack power. The last 3 negotiated.

Of course, that doesn't work every time. I don't get enough defender boosts for each week.o_O
Therefore, I will skip the next rounds. I think 90% of those who did it the first time will skip it in the next rounds.
The time/benefit factor is not good enough compared to the rewards.

I had spent real money before, would have been willing to do it again for sure.
But the way that the game is changing right now I see no reason to continue supporting it with real money.
I guess a lot of player think like that now.

Do not misunderstand, the GE5 can be heavy, but the rewards do not stand for it.
Also, in my opinion, the events are going in the wrong direction.
I hope the next age comes soon and becomes more interesting again. If not I think the game is over for me.:rolleyes:

Una Queen

Squire
How good it is to know that the developers care and consider feedback from the beta forum. lol

Everything that was said about key balancing at the anniversary event (for example) was considered very important as we see right?...
View attachment 9412

I wonder if these 75 pages of GE5 feedback will be like the example above, just a huge waste of everyone's time.
you just dont understand the concept of balancing out your keys obviously and this is not the anniversary event thread.

As you will recall, when INNO first rolled out the "Heal All" button it was placed right next to the "Ok" button. In protest, I stopped buying diamonds and built 4 GE diamond farm cities. That was 18 months ago. Since that time I have used the accumulated diamonds to purchase all of the diamond expansions available on 5 worlds plus spent a bunch on event currency. Still, I have over 45K diamonds in inventory (obtained from all sources, not just GE). Despite INNO moving the "Heal All" button to a less obnoxious position I have not resumed diamond purchases simply because I don't need to. Certainly, I am not alone in this pursuit. Certainly, INNO is aware that there are many players just like me. I bear no grudges towards them. Reducing the ability for players to win free game currency just makes sense.