• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

esoterism

Squire
People are buying less diamond not because they getting them from EG, but because FOE is less and less fun. and EG5 will not make people buying diamonds to get crap fragment number 1, 2, 3 or 4, which we do not care at all as we destroy them as sooon as they reach our inventory.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Look back to the feedback for the Anniversary Event. Here, and on my live server, there were lots of complaints about how hard the mini-game was. Interestingly, the complaints died down quickly when players learned how to play it and realized that it was not so difficult after all. Seems like each new introduction goes through the same growing pains and I'm sure that INNO is not oblivious to this. I predict the same phenomenon will occur with L5. Many players, perhaps most players, will figure out a way to complete it that works for them. Perhaps INNO will continue to tweak it but, if they do, I would not expect them to be large
I agreed, acknowledge your observation and recognise what you've described. This first GE5 round I managed to fight through the first 3-4 encounters. From the video of Inno with the defence serpent, I'm also feeling more confident. It'll take a while for to gather enough pieces of it but eventually it'll be possible to using it to pushing deeper into GE5 fighting. On top of that, like some others pointed out, there are good event buildings in the pipeline to assist in this too. Personally I suspect it wouldn't be surprising if I could manage with my guild mates to push through the 1st 8, maybe even 12 GE5 encounters eventually. Cutting back on neg. costs.
Just my personal opinion but I feel it's a rewarding experience in a game. Where you start off weak-ish and can only get so far but with learning, growing and developing in the game eventually getting further. I'm still in debate with myself if investing into a defence GB is worth it or not but I favour the serpent over it. The serpent looks awesome and offers me a good deal.

In conclusion I feel GE5 it's just barely worth it. Mainly carried by the serpent. The forgotten temple is a okay building but I'm not sure if I would build it or not. My guild mates feel it's not worth it though. Mainly because the rewards are fragmented and the high difficulty. To me in the long run the serpent makes it worth it. I will for certain develop my 2nd city with GE5 in mind.
I understand the frustration and disappointment in GE5 for the rewards being fragmented and the lvl being expensive and very hard.

Feedback,
A good improvement on the serpent could be either the addition or a slight change to the goods chain option. Giving 15-30 prev. age goods. This makes it much better and more appealing for traders.
As you will recall, when INNO first rolled out the "Heal All" button it was placed right next to the "Ok" button. In protest, I stopped buying diamonds and built 4 GE diamond farm cities. That was 18 months ago. Since that time I have used the accumulated diamonds to purchase all of the diamond expansions available on 5 worlds plus spent a bunch on event currency. Still, I have over 45K diamonds in inventory (obtained from all sources, not just GE). Despite INNO moving the "Heal All" button to a less obnoxious position I have not resumed diamond purchases simply because I don't need to. Certainly, I am not alone in this pursuit. Certainly, INNO is aware that there are many players just like me. I bear no grudges towards them. Reducing the ability for players to win free game currency just makes sense.
Finally someone else who also understands basic economics.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the trick to win battles in GE L5 is to stack defender potions till your defense boost is high enough to win most of the battles ... hmm .. this way it don't feel as "FUN" for me and it's, like TARS said above, not something you can do endlessly... defender potions will be all gone fast.
I like to see coming up attacker potion for defending army, or better a potion that boost both attack defense at the same time :p ... OR ... Inno changing the settings so that not one kind of potion can be "stacked" anymore and NO units of HIGHER than player's current Age can be used to prevent cheating ! Then they please also lowering the boost to a something less insane !
If I look at the numbers now for SAM :
GE1 : 110% - 120% / GE2: 120% - 135% / GE3: 145% - 160% / GE4 : 278% - 458% (for GE4 = ca factor X 2 (278 x 2 = 456) [ boost for attacking army]
GE5 : 345% - 1697% (= factor almost X 5 ! - 345 x 5 = 1725) [ boost for defending army]
The factor for the negotiations for GE 5 are even more insane, X 7,8 !! (negotiations in GE4 : 4 - 9 ! )

Are the GE5 rewards at least 5 times better than previous GE levels? :oops:
It would at least be more fun IF you get a fragment of Serpent and/or Forgotten Temple, even if you could ONLY win 1 encounter !

And please Inno, LOWER the unlock cost to open this 5th level drastically ! Or implement something like this (example!) :
That a Guild can pay the unlock costs in 4 parts, like encounters : 65 - 68 / 69 - 72 / 73 - 76 / 77 - 80 .
This way Guild treasury don't get ruined and guild and players make it like a new goal to go for (working up to reach last part of GE5 after a longer time).

Last edited:
Sadly I was afraid that players get in an endless discussion with eachother ... that's not a bad thing for sure, but it can end in something hopeless and full of missunderstandings, etc ...
I'm afraid "Juber" have run away from this thread ... :p ... at least, it's a time ago I've seen a post/reaction (or whatever) from Juber .

D-Best

Squire
I know it already "passed" the beta test, but I want to say that I... kinda like it, as an end-game player. It's one of the few challenges for me in the game right now and I already wanted to rebuild my city (mostly because I have "too many" attack buildings that I don't like aesthetically.. and honestly it's quite silly and useless after a certain stage to keep increasing the attack values and not focusing more on the aspect of the city, at least from my point of view).

It will take a while to be able to fight all the encounters but I remember that a few years ago, when I started playing this game, I found very difficult the GE and couldn't solve some encounters not even negotiating and with all the goods and the support from my guildmates. But at that time I found it challenging and impossible and I liked it that way. I remember too that some players were writing on the global chat which rewards are at the 64th encounter probably because it was hard for everyone to do all the levels and not always worth it.

Again, as an end-game player who has lots of goods, I don't mind at all spending 1k goods per week to complete all the levels even if the rewards aren't that great and the fact that they come in fragments is a big let down too. Mhmm, and for the little new players, I think they have an advantage knowing that they shouldn't concentrate only on attack bonus.

I agree D-Best with most but not 1K Goods a week, I strongly believe you've to write "10K" a week ;)
And negotiating the whole GE5 each week I've no problems with, I get tons of Goods each week, prrobably more than enough ...
BUT this way (negotiating),, it's for me for sure NOT a memorable experience... In some way I like it doing negotiations, yes I do, but I prefer doing manual battles. :D
Maybe I better concentrate on getting also even more Goods while I re-arrange my city to get also my boost for defending army.

D-Best

Squire
I agree D-Best with most but not 1K Goods a week, I strongly believe you've to write "10K" a week ;)
And negotiating the whole GE5 each week I've no problems with, I get tons of Goods each week, prrobably more than enough ...
Maybe I better concentrate on getting also even more Goods while I re-arrange my city to get also my boost for defending army.
Yes, I meant 1k of each good but I have like a lot of them and I actually didn't pay much attention on how many goods I spent. =))))

zookeepers

Marquis
I feel that everything is OK for now (although not great), but if Inno introduced 12 diamond expansions in SAT again, costing 2600 diamonds each this time, that's bull****.

Trying to make players pay for both expansions and the buildings would never gonna work.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
To come back on my earlier comment. It'll take app. 56w of completing weekly without fail, GE5 to raise my defence stats by a little under 300% att/def. with GE5 buildings only. Despite such a massive time investment and large bump in my buffs, I could probably beat up to somewhere half GE5 or getting close to it in OF.
The alternative is rather... interesting but not extremely interesting for the trouble. I could raise my attack buffs by 82 18% attack + 194 or 80 16% att. + 196% (attack serpent + sentinel tower + 1 tree of vitality or sentinel outposts lvl2 only). Both are with the 56w timeframe. Except for the sentinel outposts lvl2 but assuming I could pickup 28-29 sentinel outposts lvl2 within 55w from now (as I've completed the 1st GE5 already).
I'm unsure how this will play out. It would fun-ish to develop my defence further to push through GE5 further with my army. While taking a hit on my attack % (as I'll replace something with att%), or significantly buffing my attacking armies' defence while slightly increasing my att%. I could alternatively choosing a middle ground. Where I'll buffing my attack armies' defence by 80% over the upcoming 55-56w and buffing my defence by 98% att/def. The new GE5 gives some interesting stuff for thought. As increasing attacking armies hardly yield much benefits momentarily, while improving defence yields a personal discount in GE5.

So, in conclusion. There are 3 potential ways with over a year of GE5:

1.) fully buffing defence by <300% att/def, to gain "discounts" in GE5 neg. likely additional 3-4 GE5 fighting. Kinda cool to hit that point

2.) fully buffing attacking army to significantly buffing def. Attacking armies <200% (assuming sentinel outposts lvl2 are sufficiently obtainable), some noticeable increased resistance in attacking armies. Fairly helpful in the long run with eyes on my personal endgame plan

3.) Middle way, buffing defence by <100% att/def. and buffing attacking armies by 65% + 16% att. Which could lead to an additional, maybe even 2nd GE5 encounter fighting but hardly seeing any improvements in attacking armies. Could be an okay option to not compromise progress towards my endgame plan, as it doesn't compromises time and offers a exit-plan from GE5 "early" although GE5 is also kinda fun-ish for now

Overall GE5 throws up questions for strategy. I kinda like it. Though I'm unsure if the troubles are really worth it. As events are getting better and better with much less effort. Despite golden levels nowadays. For everyone the numbers would differ. Still I'm sure there is a lot of potential in the GE5 buildings. The issue however is the time: 4x GE5 for getting (all) buildings. Would've felt better if Greater ritual flame was split in a selection kit. Which you could get enough frag. for every 2nd GE5. For example;
Greater rit. Flame lvl 1: 4% att/def.
Greater rit. Flame lvl 2: 7% att/def.
The balance remains the same but at least GE5 feels somewhat more rewarding. The same could be done for the serpent's chain buildings. The buffs remain equally strong over the same 4w period but at least we got every 2nd GE5 something to look forward to. Which is many times better than what we got. The 4w minimum waiting time and grind of GE5 is just too much.

joyfulrider

Squire
Strategy: Brilliant
Complexity: Maximum (since it is under defense boost)
Rewards: many garbages with few good building but time limited
Balance: Not necessary since it is extra level.
Abuse: Entire FoE players playing all these years.
Summary: Few years back, GbG unbalancing if someone raise a concern, most people replied like "instead of crying, go and improve your city". Now, the same happened from Dev's side, but players are crying and Dev's are indirectly referring the same statement. Life is a circle!!

SIf they have a stock of goods, yes, but not for a long time, a maximum of 2 months, their stocks are completely empty
Na minha cidade principal. 33 de 66 tentaram L5 com 18 completando até agora. Outras cidades: 0/27, 10/55 (4 completas), 20/63 (10 completas), 2/79 (1 completa). As guildas mais fortes estão se saindo melhor. É apenas uma temporada. Será mais interessante ver se os participantes aumentam ou diminuem nas próximas semanas.

It will take a while to be able to fight all the encounters
A little hahahaha it will take a long time and by then I think the game will have already changed plans. The SAV trigger dragon has 700 atk and 900 def. GE5's opponent has 11k atk and 11k def adding another 2,000% atk and def, do you know what happens to our measly dragon shooter? He won't even be able to tickle even with 5k atk and def

A little hahahaha it will take a long time and by then I think the game will have already changed plans. The SAV trigger dragon has 700 atk and 900 def. GE5's opponent has 11k atk and 11k def adding another 2,000% atk and def, do you know what happens to our measly dragon shooter? He won't even be able to tickle even with 5k atk and def
I don't understand your logic. Why would an SAV player not be successful with 5K atk and def? In SAV, the GE80 opponents are boosted 1,874% which is the same boost as opponents in GBG when a player is at 93 attrition. I was able to get to 105 attrition when I was in SAV and I promise you that my boosts weren't close to 5K. Stands to reason that a player with defending army stats of 2000/1500, give or take, should be able to fight all of L5.

qaccy

Emperor
Based on boost levels, I can match the opponents for the first half of GE5. The scaling starts to get a bit crazy after that, but as I start updating my city to replace all the old buildings from when I last played back in 2021, I expect I'll be able to make some pretty significant gains in that regard without really giving up too much. Power creep is a thing!

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I'm surprised how many players forget about negotiating. I haven't focused on goods at all, just placing down event buildings (including 16 sleigh builders though, but they're easy to get), and I'm basically already at the point where I can negotiate all of GE 5 comfortably in VF. Sure, it's costly, but I wouldn't be using those goods otherwise. The hardest part is previous era goods, but just don't reno kit your event buildings and voila.

If I went full in on attack at the expense of everything else in the game, then yeah, it might be difficult. But unless you've sold all the non-hardline attack event buildings, you should be halfway to being able to negotiate anyways. You don't have to convert your city to defense. You can add a little defense if you want with the GE buildings, but by no means do you have to.

I'm surprised how many players forget about negotiating. I haven't focused on goods at all, just placing down event buildings (including 16 sleigh builders though, but they're easy to get), and I'm basically already at the point where I can negotiate all of GE 5 comfortably in VF. Sure, it's costly, but I wouldn't be using those goods otherwise. The hardest part is previous era goods, but just don't reno kit your event buildings and voila.

If I went full in on attack at the expense of everything else in the game, then yeah, it might be difficult. But unless you've sold all the non-hardline attack event buildings, you should be halfway to being able to negotiate anyways. You don't have to convert your city to defense. You can add a little defense if you want with the GE buildings, but by no means do you have to.
But how long can you do that for? Are you making 10k goods + previous era goods per week? I amassed a good amount of goods over a long time, this isn't a feasible method for most people to keep up over long term. A lot of people are just sitting in certain eras like FE/VR/SAJM, so those previous era goods are going to be depleted over time as well since repeats don't give previous era and only one gb gives previous era (and nobody builds it).