• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

At live we've decided as guild to open GE5 despite the costs for the upcoming weeks. To giving it a try. After that we'll decide if it's worth the trouble. Personally I suspect it won't but I could be wrong.
I predict some interesting guild dynamics may occur on the live servers. Many guilds, especially the top guilds, will have players that can and will want to complete L5. The guild will need to either open L5 weekly or risk losing these players to guilds that will. It won't be long before guilds amend their description to include "We open GE L5 every week".

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Pericles the Lion time will tell. It's likely like GE4, GbF and GvG. The guild I'm in is rather small-ish but very active. Cooperative decisions are always made together. This includes GE5 but also GbF. We're handeling situations dynamically as they occurred. It's likely that indeed some will dedicate themselves for GE5, others won't bother. Personally I think after <2yrs the new-ish paint of GE5 wears off and the appeal starts to drop. As permanent GE5 buildings are satisfied, desired avatars collected and maintaining the temple a chore. Eventually sure some GE5 temple maintainers will continue chasing down GE5 fanatically but I suspect this after 2-ish years to be the remaining hard core of GE5 players. Beyond those GE5 buildings it has nothing to offer of interest, besides maintaining the temple.

shad2389

Viceroy
I predict some interesting guild dynamics may occur on the live servers. Many guilds, especially the top guilds, will have players that can and will want to complete L5. The guild will need to either open L5 weekly or risk losing these players to guilds that will. It won't be long before guilds amend their description to include "We open GE L5 every week".
i predict INNO will lose most of it's long term players and will be left with only new players who don't know how good a game this used to be

SirAlucard

Steward
i predict INNO will lose most of it's long term players and will be left with only new players who don't know how good a game this used to be
Not only this, but that the new players will stay as long as the "old" players is probably unlikely. Even more unlikely will be the amount of new players willing to pay for these unattractive diamond packages. They wil even lose now a hugh chunk of "whales" and attracting (the same amount of) new ones, yeah I don't see that. Shortterm they may gain more money now, but longterm they will bury FoE, if they don't change their course NOW! But that is even more unlikely than everything I mentioned, because the managemant practicants at Inno don't think longterm.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I don't understand the last comments.
What does it matter to you if Inno loses players or revenue?
Foolishly I thought the main goal of any gamer is to have fun.
If the game isn't fun for you anymore, there are so many better ones (according to what you regularly say) Inno doesn't force you to stay here.
Unless we are in a world of hypocrites who always want more?
If you think you are an influencer, you are on the wrong platform!
The lack of reflection of some people will always amaze me. What's the point of yelling, post after post, that you don't like and that you're going to stop and keep reading? Instead of calmly bringing thoughtful ideas, understanding that the goal is not to have everything without doing anything!

shad2389

Viceroy
there are so many better ones (according to what you regularly say) Inno doesn't force you to stay here.
this is the only game i'v played for years now found nothing comparable to this but am about to stop playing all together and find stuff to do in real life instead of being online on a game that the devlopers are insisting to scrap by implementing stuff like this GE5 and working on new events every 2 weeks instead of solving the real problems of the game like bugs , bots in GVG and custumer support , asking support questions and thingking you'll get an answer is like having sand in a condom

I suggest to boycott level 5 in guilds. Just don't open it. We looked once, made sure that it was trash, and we don't go there anymore. Just this will help to correct the situation.

Or don't whine, but just put up with it and rebuild cities.
First I going to "try hard" if I can re-build my city here on beta to see if it's "even possible" to get it working and if it turns out not, then I don't know what to do, but probably I stop beta testing. IF it works, then I go on...
I give it 2 years, because it will take a lot of time to:
1) gather enough buildings that provide boost for defending army, especially attack boost is hard to get.
2) I don't wish to simply delete (sell) valuable buildings I worked for to get them, so I have to gather a LOT of "Store Building" items !! This will need a lot of time too ! (I just maked a start with the re-build and my Store Building items are already all used! )

In the meanwhile I do not open GE5 till I know for sure I can at least win the first 4 battles (read : first upping my boost!!) ...

If Inno means with "a marathon and not a sprint" the above description about "re-build cities over (long) time" , then they're right ... ! :p

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
1) gather enough buildings that provide boost for defending army, especially attack boost is hard to get.
Why still put the cart before the horse?
During certain events it is not uncommon to win 10 to 20 prizes of the day.
Who tells you that Inno has not planned to provide a kind of place for the winners but with blue %?

So yes, it could have been better perceived if this type of building had been created before GE 5 but we would have had complaints that this building was winnable when we didn't need it yet. Whereas if Inno does it now, everything will make sense.

jovada

Regent
I suppose most of the guilds have a treasury big enough to open level5 weekly but there is not the problem.

End players have enough goods now to negotiate ( i doubt that many can beat level 5 by fighting) but what if next month the new area opens ? are you goiing to spend your goods needed for tech in a not rewarding level 5?
Smaller players who maybe are already negotiating to finish level 4 are they goiing to spend 10.000 goods every week when they also need for tech?

I doubt that many guilds will open level5 weekly for only 2 or 3 players willing to play level 5

zookeepers

Marquis
Maybe some guilds would stop opening L5 for a while after SAT comes, due to being low in new era goods. But after that they got enough treasury nothing bothers opening L5. Latest era goods is never a problem in big guilds.

CrashBoom

Legend
then let's hope the GB will be terrible
or else players need the first 5000 SAT goods for that :D

if there are 3 GB then we need at least 15k goods for them

and with the summer event building chests players get the first BP immediately ;)

Last edited:
this is the only game i'v played for years now found nothing comparable to this but am about to stop playing all together and find stuff to do in real life instead of being online on a game that the devlopers are insisting to scrap by implementing stuff like this GE5 and working on new events every 2 weeks instead of solving the real problems of the game like bugs , bots in GVG and custumer support , asking support questions and thingking you'll get an answer is like having sand in a condom
Indeed !
If someone can find a game you can compare with FoE (please don't say Elvenar, I've tried that, no fun :p )...as I like to play a FREE to play browser (so prefer computer over app-game on phone of tablet!) game:
1) strategy with turn based combat
2) if possible a strategy game wherein you can building up something interesting

I've searched the web, but so far couldn't find something. The visuals in FoE I mostly really like and to be honest I'm not planning to stop playing FoE just because of GE5. My point is : I'm totally not greedy and I always have played FoE the very slow way (like a marathon, neverr take a sprint) ... I find it simply sad that GE L5 is such a brutal change in the Guild Expedition !

The more time passes and the more I observe the processes, the conviction that INNO wants to make the old players with well-developed cities get disgusted and leave the game gets stronger.
It's ugly, but understandable for them. Obviously they only want to win, and that's exactly why they don`t want players who remember that good game that started to evaporate four years ago.
The sad thing is something else. There are a dozen or so regulars here on the Forum who support every innovation wholeheartedly and are practically blind to the rest of the players.
And, guess what, in the end the "opinion" of those ten people takes over.
We live in a world that is becoming more and more insane by the day, and here was one of the few places where one could find refuge.
Alas, it's like real life here now too.

thelegend88

Squire
Played it on live, absolutely horrible change. Taking away diamonds which was a reson to play GE is unimaginable. Having people actually spend diamonds and 10k goods to finish new level is absolutely awful. People who played this game successfully now have to pay a tax on their success.

Can't you guys see that you are just tripping down your own players? And you enjoy that?