• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

the official polls are saying that
not me :rolleyes:

and first round was 466!!! voters of which 153 liked it = 1/3 approx
round 2: 114 of 323 liked it = 1/3 approx
round 3: 104 of 301 liked it = still 1/3 approx

so I am not claiming anything that isn't proved
but where is your prove that people like the GEx changes ?
The majority are not in favor of the nerf.
I never said anyone like GE changes.

Perhaps you have low reading comprehension.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
so I am not claiming anything that isn't proved
but where is your prove that people like the GEx changes ?
I conditionally like the addition of GE5 - i'd like it better if it wasn't all fragments all the time. I think particularly the top-end rewards for it are worthy of effort ; just that there should be more immediate-gratification-filler mixed in with them. And that the scaling with era is too high accounting for the reality that space age players aren't any more ready for it than say future era players.

The changes to the first 4 make it mesh with the things I dislike about their approach to 5 (all fragments all the time) for what seems to be no good reason (diamonds needing to be reduced, whatever, not what i would've wanted but i can deal; but was anyone really getting "too rich" off buildings from the first 4 levels that we need to get a quarter of what we used to? i.e. is a world getting a level 2 terrace farm and a couple decorations in the first month "too much" when they'll also get a panda reserve and either a couple eagle mountains, or a bunch of chain elements for that panda reserve?

Why should a new world invest precious resources in GE at all for this drip feed?

CrashBoom

Legend
The majority are not in favor of the nerf.
did I say that ??

then you understood me wrong

actually the meaning of what I said is:
more people like the GBG nerf than people like the GEx changes
(with the focus on the current changes to level 1-4 because that is the topic of today. not many are talking about level 5 today)

and GBG was postponed. so I see potential that the current version of GEx doesn't go live how it is now

Dessire

Regent
Howcome a game which started with the idea of be fun by allowing us have a city which can be developed through ages and gave us the joy, hype and happiness of see it with new buildings with desgins related to those new ages became a game where fragments of buildings and pay for a pass for an event are important but also a problem?

This game is not FoE anymore and it should have it's name changed.

-Alin-

Emperor
Howcome a game which started with the idea of be fun by allowing us have a city which can be developed through ages and gave us the joy, hype and happiness of see it with new buildings with desgins related to those new ages became a game where fragments of buildings and pay for a pass for an event are important but also a problem?

This game is not FoE anymore and it should have it's name changed.
Fragments of Empires or Forge of Fragments :p

mcbluefire

Baronet
I have never thought the day will come when i decide to put in my 2 cents about the game, because i enjoy the game in general. The changes in GE (as it stands now) however, i am sorry to say but it will be not fair anymore (at least from my point of view).
I am not able to recall the exact date, but roughly 2 years ago Wishing wells have been removed from the events (daily rewards), do understand the reason behind, got to sell those diamond packages somehow. I did not lose hope, i have decided to work really hard and get all my cities to 64th gate aiming for that Fountain of Youth specifically. As it stands now (fragments 720 required), it will not be worth the effort, eventually less time spent in game...will become a hobby at best.
Behind my frustration is that, there are players out there with 1000-1500 or more wishing wells in their cities, which they acquired before they were removed. These players make 130.000 diamonds per year (without a sweat)...... yes i am jealous!!! When i see a building i really like, i WANT to burn diamonds too, to get as many as possible. With current direction GE1-4 levels are going... What chances i have/we have (not as much old timers), to catch up to their level?

Apologies, but I'll make you more sad....
It only takes 581WW's to pull in ~130K/yr. The folks with 1500WW's are pulling in 337K+ per year....if they collect everyday.
While it is lame that all your effort isn't going to see the fruition of your plan, the devs to hold the right to make things less achievable when it affects a premium currency. While I'd be pretty ticked if they blew up my already established moderate WW farms I wouldn't blame them for trying to correct a flaw in original design as long as they did some form of consideration to all players that had farms - say a one time diamond award and then poof go the diamonds from WW's..

Only things left to make diamonds will be SC (it also drops WW's every once in a while in Diplomatic Gifts), HC , TOR for FoW, and SV@L100 can bring in some serious diamonds per day if you aid guild, friends, and hood.

The one overriding element for any game company has to be revenue.

Players want a game that's enjoyable to play. We want it to be fun and rewarding (rewarding being part of what makes it fun).

Inno surely realizes that there must be some degree of fun and rewards or people just won't log in. These GE changes, levels 1 -5, show Inno wants us to have far fewer rewards and, with that, to have less fun.

I recall a statement I made in another feedback thread. IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE.

Inno is proving me a prophet.

How the rewards are now in GE L1-4 makes my Temple of Relics shining more than ever !! I'll explain short : I'm almost at the end of GE L3 so far this week and I got "REAL stuff" from my ToR ! (no fragments, real stuff!!) ... So the Rewards I got from my ToR makes me smile, the rewards I got from GE encounters makes me cry.... maybe I need to laugh till I cry !! And that's more healthy than making myself angry on this whole GE change LOL

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Much has bee said already so no need to rehash everything, let me propose a few changes to improve things.

First of all, the GE1-4 selection kit fragments need to be heavily rebalanced. Either lower the number required, or increase the number you get. Currently on live, if you combine all the buildings within each kit, you get 1.03 GE1 kits, 0.53 GE2 kits, 0.98 GE3 kits, and 1.21 GE4 kits worth of buildings each week. I think giving enough fragments for one each of the GE1-4 kits every week makes sense, you'd get more or less the same number of buildings. It is a buff compared to live due to more flexibility, but I don't think that's unwarranted or too extreme. The current GE balancing has been around for years, a lot has happened in that time, inflation etc etc.

Secondly, the diamonds nerf. Diamonds have been cut in half, from around 160 to 80 on average per week. Both for new and established players this sucks, especially considering this is one of the final remaining ways to get diamonds for free. I know that's the idea and Inno wants people to buy more diamonds or just spend money directly, but as a player it sucks. Another reason it sucks is that now GE5 practically requires diamonds to play unless you want to waste a lot of goods.

I think the diamonds from GE1-4 should be reverted to around 150, but I also think diamonds should be added to GE5. I think a great incentive to play GE5 would be for the final encounter to give a decent chunk of diamonds, say 150-250. It's a big reward, but requires a lot of effort. It makes it rewarding to play GE5, and I truly think it will make a lot more players try to complete it, rework their cities for it, etc. To accommodate this change, simply redistribute the Forgotten Temple fragments from the encounter to the other big GE5 encounters :)

SnowyNinja

Farmer
If we look at the diamonds I see that with the new balance, we get on average 90 diamonds a week when we get 150 a week on live servers right now before this update. It doesn't really make sense that with an additional level, we get half as many diamonds. I think what MooingCat the fragments definitely need to be reworked so we get a kit every week even every other week, and diamonds need to go back closer to what they used to be for levels 1-4 and some should be added to levels 5. I do think that level 5 is supposed to be difficult that should be an option but it should at least be worth doing.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Much has bee said already so no need to rehash everything, let me propose a few changes to improve things.

First of all, the GE1-4 selection kit fragments need to be heavily rebalanced. Either lower the number required, or increase the number you get. Currently on live, if you combine all the buildings within each kit, you get 1.03 GE1 kits, 0.53 GE2 kits, 0.98 GE3 kits, and 1.21 GE4 kits worth of buildings each week. I think giving enough fragments for one each of the GE1-4 kits every week makes sense, you'd get more or less the same number of buildings. It is a buff compared to live due to more flexibility, but I don't think that's unwarranted or too extreme. The current GE balancing has been around for years, a lot has happened in that time, inflation etc etc.

Secondly, the diamonds nerf. Diamonds have been cut in half, from around 160 to 80 on average per week. Both for new and established players this sucks, especially considering this is one of the final remaining ways to get diamonds for free. I know that's the idea and Inno wants people to buy more diamonds or just spend money directly, but as a player it sucks. Another reason it sucks is that now GE5 practically requires diamonds to play unless you want to waste a lot of goods.

I think the diamonds from GE1-4 should be reverted to around 150, but I also think diamonds should be added to GE5. I think a great incentive to play GE5 would be for the final encounter to give a decent chunk of diamonds, say 150-250. It's a big reward, but requires a lot of effort. It makes it rewarding to play GE5, and I truly think it will make a lot more players try to complete it, rework their cities for it, etc. To accommodate this change, simply redistribute the Forgotten Temple fragments from the encounter to the other big GE5 encounters :)

I've never been a fan of fragments. Otherwise I really like your ideas to get something enjoyable instead of the current changes which has destroyed GE.

Last edited:
The "rebalancing" of L1-L4 is ridiculous. INNO is not stupid. They know, exactly, what they are doing. Cut diamonds in half. Exchange complete buildings and complete upgrade kits for fragments that will complete far fewer buildings than before. Reduce extra free attempts. I tried to find a "silver lining", something that suggested a compromise, but only came up with what appears to be a chance for a few more FPs and a few more units. This ain't "rebalancing", it's a NERF, and I fully expect for INNO to roll it out to the live servers exactly as it is.

hades8840

Marquis
The amount of diamonds may of dropped but also the chance of getting them I was pretty much guaranteed to get some every week even if it was just once for 100 as the chance of them dropping was higher in the later levels of GE now the chance is really low I played through didnt hit diamonds once so this week my diamond intake is 0 never ever had a week where I didnt get any .. so average them all you like most will get nil

SnowyNinja

Farmer
The "rebalancing" of L1-L4 is ridiculous. INNO is not stupid. They know, exactly, what they are doing. Cut diamonds in half. Exchange complete buildings and complete upgrade kits for fragments that will complete far fewer buildings than before. Reduce extra free attempts. I tried to find a "silver lining", something that suggested a compromise, but only came up with what appears to be a chance for a few more FPs and a few more units. This ain't "rebalancing", it's a NERF, and I fully expect for INNO to roll it out to the live servers exactly as it is.
I completely agree we can hope they will change something but there is a chance nothing will change. there is no way they did not know what they were doing and it is 100% a nerf.

Last edited: