• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

2 3 5 7

Farmer
Hello to all,
Just now I saw this:
Dear mobile Kings and Queens,

To make sure you have no issues when the next Guild Expedition starts, make sure to update your app to version 1.252. If not you could experience long loading times or crashes when looking at rewards not yet added to the 1.251 version of the game. Updating your app will ensure you don't have these problems.
Thank you for understanding.

Your Forge of Empires Team
Playing on mobile (on Apple), I have since about a week (about the creation of GE5), abnormal loading times (several tens of seconds) to open the inventory and to open and retrieve some GE rewards, while everything was working fine 2 weeks ago.

So I updated the application, but the problem persists (so the update was useless ...).

So I now have FoE version 1.252.15

01DC4208-1BFF-43FE-987C-652CDEFA876E.jpeg

My problem lies in the display of some EG encounters (the golden chests) as well as their opening. It takes about 15 seconds to load, during which time the game is not responding. It even crashes once or twice.
The game does not react and this is displayed after 15 seconds:
72134CF1-B995-42D1-BDC1-9061F081E068.jpeg
When I want to collect my reward, the game loads:
EB2B604E-A598-43AE-8BE1-4FB44050C8C2.jpeg
And after 15 seconds, my reward appears (without picture)
90FD4718-CC34-451A-B8D8-A278B0D2926B.jpeg

The same problem occurs when opening the inventory (and all the actions within it), in which I have buildings from GE 5 and the wildlife event.
The game does not react and the inventory is displayed after 15 seconds, with this in it:879B2DE0-2A9D-4835-A502-ED42CBE5AEAC.jpeg

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Why do level 2 and forward have chests with rewards divided like this instead of 50% for each type of reward?

20 Previous Age Goods 25%
20 Previous Age Goods 25%
30 Goods 25%
30 Goods 25%

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
I know we have to be respecfull towards developers, you don't stop to say they do their best and often listen to our feedback and make changes according to our feedback.
But can we ask the same from them ???? What they bring us now is not very respectfull towards the players ( who had a great part during this last 10 years to make it a succes) they just give us a big slap in the faces now. How can they even think about giving 5 fragments (180 needed) from an ancient face or gate of the sun when you still receive them from relics ( not fragments but complete) this is totaly insane and shows that they have no respect for us and that they even don't understand their game.

I know we have to be respecfull towards developers, you don't stop to say they do their best and often listen to our feedback and make changes according to our feedback.
But can we ask the same from them ???? What they bring us now is not very respectfull towards the players ( who had a great part during this last 10 years to make it a succes) they just give us a big slap in the faces now. How can they even think about giving 5 fragments (180 needed) from an ancient face or gate of the sun when you still receive them from relics ( not fragments but complete) this is totaly insane and shows that they have no respect for us and that they even don't understand their game.
I keep seeing posts where players claim that the Devs don't play the game or the Devs don't understand the game. I think that these players are trying to make sense some of the boneheaded revisions to the game. IMO, the Devs both play the game and fully understand it. The changes to L1-L4 were well thought out boneheaded changes made by people who know what they are doing and how it will affect players.

Are you saying there are only 2 devs ? or are you mistaken with the mods ? I have no negative comment on the mods .
Sorry, I could have worded it better. I meant that I think the Devs play the game and that they understand it. I don't have a clue how many Devs are on the FOE team.

Una Queen

Squire
question...

on my main world store buildings need 15 fragments to assemble but here on beta its 30? is live worlds going to change to 30 fragments?

Bucchioni

Farmer
Level 5 Colonial Age, complete fighting the first 12 encounters and have to negotiate the other 6, spent about 2700 goods from the previous era and 23000 from the current era; it is unsustainable in the long run

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
FLIP your perspective for a moment to understand why this happened and why these last 2 weeks of GE changes seems like such a blindside (meaning the changes offered are very unexpected).

We can't see their corporate numbers, but is anyone here gonna bet their revenue is NOT FLAT to DOWN over the last 2 years (post Covid)?

Each of us typically says: Well INNO, if you add game content I enjoy, I'll pay you something for it and a better experience here. That's a fair trade, right?

But that's not happening....

First of all game content isn't better nor exciting much these days - many thought (hoped) a new GE would be the Messiah event. How'd that work out, huh? :(
  • GbG is stuck in a player/player tug of war where to go with the design, and we can't decide how to advise Inno (not that they'll listen).
  • It's quiet on TITAN too, but we all know that's going to be a CLONE of the past 20 eras... they're not breaking the game mold with something radically new. Maybe you'll have to PAY for things in Titan - that would be new.
  • GE was our big hope of something exciting, fresh and possibly something we could invest in and enjoy. Seems the bubble popped.
  • What does a veteran player need that costs money in this game now, except accelerated and more robust event reward? Most likely: nothing.
We are NOT collectively SPENDING or spending enough it seems - and it's clear. For Fun - you can even review MTG's financial impact and corporate reports.

Maybe it shapes up like this (NO FLAMES please - but it's radical).
  1. First of all - we're not customers anymore - we don't buy anything. It's hurting the bottom line.
  2. We're seeing where INNO plans to take their FoE game - plan after plan, venue after venue - it's very different than where it came from.
  3. We just HANG ON and extract what we've learned how to extract for free. Giving them a few dollars for Premium track isn't a sustaining model.
  4. Inno wants to create pain and despair in their veteran population. They want you to consider leaving and all this in your face, "P2W design" is to help you break your game addiction and stop you from chronically "free play gaming" them.
  5. We're not paying anyway, doing a lot of complaining, and costing them money. People think they matter, but really - we don't. We can leave.
  6. We voice mostly that we don't like anything they've done, nothing is working compared to what we've already accomplished in the game.
  7. Veterans that remember and still play "old-school" don't fit anymore with new-school financial requirements to spend much more serious amounts money to lubricate their game, and as a byproduct, allow more content.

So... the thinking goes:

1. if we depart, their "let's fix FoE" to be more profitable theory is that new players come in and don't know anything about the "old" game we all played over the 1st 10 years here.
  2. New players, when they see the NEW FoE think - OK well I have nothing to compare it to, and I'm new so I'll spend money to accelerate my own game. Fragmented GATE of the SUN GODs will be the norm to them, not a comparison.
  3. If Inno thinks the direction for the new game is what they've been told to create - we're not going to stop it. Pages and Pages of suggestion and better strategy ideas bounce off the reality they're creating going forward.
From what you've seen and all these venue changes and product hints - DO YOU LIKE WHERE they are taking FoE?

Things do not get built and and thrown over the wall for us to TRY to be scrapped immediately. Lots of money was spent to bring GE to where is now is (from where it was) and it might get a few tweaks, but the GE venue strategy is already cement.
Inno games made a fortune during the last two years: record-breaking profits: (just google the below)
"InnoGames saw record-breaking revenues of $266 million in 2020"
Like many IT companies, they may face a post covid slowdown, but that it unknown

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Like many IT companies, they may face a post covid slowdown, but that it unknown
You mean, a little bit of something like this?
1679439396258.png
1679439489276.png
FoE is around pre-pandemic levels of revenue, when you'd be hoping that it would have at least undergone more growth in that period. Additionally, the past couple of financial reports from MTG (they own Innogames) have stated that revenue from FoE has declined from the previous reports.

The above charts were taken from MTG's 2022 Capital Market Day's presentation.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
My thoughts on all the updates/news/info on GE up to this point (sorry it's so long):

----------------

I think Xivarmy is right here. GE has moved away from being something that has any value to someone who can't repeatedly complete it every week, and for those who do complete it, the rewards are a complete nerf to what we could expect before.

Today, if you complete GE, you will get absolutely nothing to immediately place down in your city. Nothing. Hilariously enough, the only way to really ensure that you get any prize from GE in its entirety (without fragments), you have to win it from the ToR, which is only available from Level 3 now.

The funny thing is that this all could have been a very positive change for the game. the defense boost thing? Neat, if it was balanced. Same with the negotiations. They're both too expensive to justify playing Level 5 consistently, but could have been really cool if they were balanced. Similarly, the changes to level 1-4 rewards could have been cool, with us getting selection kits so we could choose the buildings we want, but it's hard to like that when you won't be getting a single Terrace Farm or Fountain of Youth unless you wait 8 weeks.

I really want to like the GE changes. I really want to have this be a positive step in the game's history. But the choices made here just seem misguided. However, you can't even use the excuse that it's for more revenue. You can't pay anything extra to get the rewards back from GE, so what's even the point of nerfing them so hard?

---------------

The changes that I think currently need to be made (bolded ones are the ones I think are the most important):
  • For GE Levels 1-4
    • Give the player tangible rewards that they can place besides just fragments (yes, you get FP and units, etc. but that's not enough). Most GE buildings aren't that powerful, even at Level 2, so I don't think it's too big of a balancing issue. Just do the same thing as it was, basically.
    • Give ToR blueprints more often, there's no reason to put them only at Level 3. Players will just get them as contribution rewards then.
  • For GE Level 5
    • Decrease goods needed for negotiations, or find a way to make fortifications for negotiations be worthwhile (ie, use less goods than not having the fortification active).
    • Change the Forgotten Temple to only last a week, and give players enough fragments to assemble one after each GE season. That way, you get a tangible prize after each season, so it feels like you actually were rewarded. Once again, a tangible reward.
    • Decrease defense boosts to about the same as the normal attack boosts from Level 4, maxing out at 569% for SAJM. It's still high for a lot of players and could definitely be a bit of a challenge, but it isn't so impossibly hard that players will just give up rather than trying.
    • I'm fine with the feathered serpent staying as fragments, but maybe give one of the tail pieces every week? There could be a chest that gives a 33% chance for winning each from one of the encounter rewards.
    • Diamonds. If you're going to rebalance the diamond rewards, maybe consider replacing the portraits that can be won with diamonds instead (doesn't have to be much, maybe 10-20?) I can understand the diamond nerf though.
  • For GE in general
    • We need more attempts, not less. If you want players to have any shot at Level 5, you have to assume they won't ace every one. With how expensive medal costs get, it's just unsustainable.
    • Maybe add something extra to the top guilds' prizes? Kind of like GBG, where you get prizes based on placement. You could add in extra fragments or something there. Idk.
    • If Level 5 isn't changed, maybe a second GE GB to reduce the difficulty of the Level 5 encounters could be useful?
    • I think a buff to the ToR might be worthwhile. Not sure what form would be best for it to take, but maybe rearranging some of the rewards, or changing the odds?
I'm interested to see the supposed upcoming sources for defense boosts mentioned in the GE Level 5 Difficulty Clarification posted earlier, but the problem is that we don't have those new sources now, so we are forced to evaluate the feature with what we currently have in game.

---------------

Overall / tl;dr, I think that GE 5 is a step in the right direction. Does stuff need to be rebalanced? Yeah. Are fragments annoying? Yeah. Do I want more diamonds? Absolutely. However, many of the changes are understandable and I'm happy to see the game moving away from relying on pure attack boost. Just please, get rid of at least some of the fragments.

CDmark

Baronet
Sorry, I could have worded it better. I meant that I think the Devs play the game and that they understand it. I don't have a clue how many Devs are on the FOE team.
Wonder if they have to pay for diamonds...like in the cafeteria line after the chips but before the cookie rack, diamonds on a flash drive.

GE 5 some thoughts

I remember talking to guildmates a couple years back about a suicide GE level 5. This level was not guild related, you did it on your own like settlements. I had no idea how to make it extremely difficult, and yes, for many impossible, like casual players. I guess city defense is one way to do it. BUT, there needed to be great rewards. Putting the Forgotten Temple on a timer so you have to do L5 all the time, isn't something I would do as a player. Why cant it be like settlements where you get something permanent but over time, more than 6 months, even a year. Because of the cost like goods, it can have both A/D at 40%. Settlements only cost time. I went to look up the stats on the Forgotten Temple and I forgot what it was called...lol, so at least you named it right. I forgot bcs when I first saw the timer and L5 cost, I knew I wasn't going to maintain that building in my city. Other players can get the smaller rewards, they don't have to get the grand prize, so can do 4,6,8 encounters, or however many they want or can, this is fair.

Portraits as rewards in L5 I don't think so. Not sure what % to put there but that is where diamonds should go...remember, cost/reward. If you want to make special portraits fun, make them like blueprints, but as an additional reward. So, 90%? fragments of X, 10%? diamonds, PLUS 1 portrait BP. Maybe you don't put diamonds in the first 4 or 8 encounters but afterwards I can see them.

Making this part of the guild, so 125% to win isn't something I like, really at all. Right now, as a player, I get on Tuesday morning and check if the guild is racing. This is fun, builds teamwork as a guild. We offer unfair trades and help with medals, guild, team. Now, to win, L5 will need to opened (not even going to discuss the cost) but to win a week, I am going to ask a guildmate to make huge sacrifices, non-sustainable long term for a fake gold trophy and a few extra guild points. Nah, I like my guildmates too much to do something like that to them.

stay rita

Merchant
Much has bee said already so no need to rehash everything, let me propose a few changes to improve things.

First of all, the GE1-4 selection kit fragments need to be heavily rebalanced. Either lower the number required, or increase the number you get. Currently on live, if you combine all the buildings within each kit, you get 1.03 GE1 kits, 0.53 GE2 kits, 0.98 GE3 kits, and 1.21 GE4 kits worth of buildings each week. I think giving enough fragments for one each of the GE1-4 kits every week makes sense, you'd get more or less the same number of buildings. It is a buff compared to live due to more flexibility, but I don't think that's unwarranted or too extreme. The current GE balancing has been around for years, a lot has happened in that time, inflation etc etc.

Secondly, the diamonds nerf. Diamonds have been cut in half, from around 160 to 80 on average per week. Both for new and established players this sucks, especially considering this is one of the final remaining ways to get diamonds for free. I know that's the idea and Inno wants people to buy more diamonds or just spend money directly, but as a player it sucks. Another reason it sucks is that now GE5 practically requires diamonds to play unless you want to waste a lot of goods.

I think the diamonds from GE1-4 should be reverted to around 150, but I also think diamonds should be added to GE5. I think a great incentive to play GE5 would be for the final encounter to give a decent chunk of diamonds, say 150-250. It's a big reward, but requires a lot of effort. It makes it rewarding to play GE5, and I truly think it will make a lot more players try to complete it, rework their cities for it, etc. To accommodate this change, simply redistribute the Forgotten Temple fragments from the encounter to the other big GE5 encounters :)
HERE HERE THE HERO WE NEEDED

SnowyNinja

Farmer
Something I don't get is that we still get buildings just fine from the ToR and they haven't said anything about reworking that and what about ritual flames since they are changing that are they going to change it as a reward from ToR's? Reading what Uber just said the only reason I can see a reason for them to nerf the diamonds is so they can make more money, nothing good for the player.