• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

King Flush

Marquis
ROFLMAO! You truly don't have a clue about other player behavior. If you review the timestamps on my posts you will see that I am way over "a few minutes a day". I just don't center my entire game on GBG. Never did, never will. I get it that it's not your cup of tea, but you are in the minority. Adapt, or quit, it's your choice.
yea you say you do 7k+ fights so not a 5 minute player but you will be post nerf unless you can get enough satisfaction from sniping or taking GB positions all day long, maybe you can? wouldn't be enough for me, need something with a bit more of a challenge. will happily quit just as soon as I've had my fun watching the destruction.

yea you say you do 7k+ fights so not a 5 minute player but you will be post nerf unless you can get enough satisfaction from sniping or taking GB positions all day long, maybe you can? wouldn't be enough for me, need something with a bit more of a challenge. will happily quit just as soon as I've had my fun watching the destruction.
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. :cool: You seem to be ignoring the fact that there were hundreds of thousands of players that were in the game before GBG was introduced. To that point, there was enough to keep them engaged. Since then, new worlds have been added as well as three new eras. Your predictions of imminent doom are misguided. Unidimensional players may suffer but the vast majority of players will do just fine.

King Flush

Marquis
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. :cool: You seem to be ignoring the fact that there were hundreds of thousands of players that were in the game before GBG was introduced. To that point, there was enough to keep them engaged. Since then, new worlds have been added as well as three new eras. Your predictions of imminent doom are misguided. Unidimensional players may suffer but the vast majority of players will do just fine.
we'll see, if it comes in and doesn't become a complete train wreck I'll come back and say I was wrong but I don't see that being very likely, 3 new ages you mean the copy/paste space ages, hmm that sure got everybody excited right! there might have been many players playing before GBG and obviously some must have bought diamonds but I still say GBG has likely promoted a lot of the diamond spending in recent years and doubt post nerf GBG will promote the same level of spending, there is one way the nerf could end up being a good thing for the game - maybe off the back of it Inno might fire most of the developers and bring some fresh blood in who may just have a bit more of a clue, give me a bell Inno, don't come cheap but I'll sort the sh%$ out :D

Thunderdome

Emperor
so 2 more weeks the same people writing the same things in the beta forum about it o_O
Oh no no, mate. Like this season, and the round of voting, I am sitting both out. I had already said my pieces in the past. I'd be the one who probably go "I told you so" after a few more "rounds" happen and no peep from Inno about this while this hits the live servers.

I'm sure they will keep playing the "for internal reasons" card. To me, and for others, all I ask is a little common courtesy and communication from them; and it has to be more than just the "your feedback is considered" (okay, it is, but can you tell me why and what my feedback has that stood out from the rest?) spiel that we all have been spoon fed onto.

jovada

Regent
Things are soooo slow on the map since the nerf.... we are holding 12 sectors at 159 waiting on the owner guilds to take something.... ten of them have been at 159 since yesterday morning.... The other guilds can't even take a sector..... We are in first by over 115,000 vp...lol
?? you are holding 12 sectors with flags 159/160 and wondering why another guild is not attacking them ? Tsssssssssssssss

Emberguard

Emperor
?? you are holding 12 sectors with flags 159/160 and wondering why another guild is not attacking them ? Tsssssssssssssss
Yeah. That tactic is normally deployed to make the sector as unappealing as possible to Guilds you don’t want taking the sector. No one’s going to expect to be able to take the sector if the person sitting on it is already at 159/160, so the only reason to hit it is to either force the opponent to take it, or if you’re in a farming agreement and therefore know the Guild isn’t going to finish the sector until you’ve both finished farming

Edit:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gbg.44130/post-382706
MJ Artisan of War said:
They own those sectors.... we are trying to wait for them to take one of our sectors... slow pecking....
If we close them all everyone else would be beached in home base.... Then we have to wait two more days for them to emerge...
Nevermind, that makes more sense than what I thought you meant initially

Owl II

Emperor
Uh, I think that "Someone" would be you. This is your guild, right? You are guild leadership, right? My bet is that these players have been "dead wood" as far as GBG is concerned, for a long time. They have been embraced because they are guild goods providers and do not take battles away from the top hitters. I'm thinkin' that practice is about to change. :cool:
No, man, you've got your finger in the sky again.
And you're also a talker who doesn't keep his word

Owl II

Emperor
Things are soooo slow on the map since the nerf.... we are holding 12 sectors at 159 waiting on the owner guilds to take something.... ten of them have been at 159 since yesterday morning.... The other guilds can't even take a sector..... We are in first by over 115,000 vp...lol
I think there is no point in this (not to close the provinces of neighbors). The map is dead, anyway. We just give them the opportunity to gain more VP. I don't know, maybe they will canning VP. Or will they find a way to put it in their GB:D
We do fewer and fewer fights every season. We will get 20% fewer fights this season compared to the seasone before last, although this time we got Guilds with a large number of players in the group

Last edited:
We have taken the entire map and are holding flags on other guilds in the hope that they will capture several sectors from us.. and we can wait for them for hours so that we have some fights.. this nerf spoils the game and it becomes more boring
The map is a snapshot which makes it difficult to comment on battle progression. However, the same phenomenon that I observed in the top guild on Beta (top fighters are fighting less but many mid-range fighters seem to be fighting more) is happening in your guild also. Caveat: the available data shows total battles, it does not break out GBG only so variations in GvG activity could be distorting things.

-Alin-

Emperor

Well ...
1659524287251.png
map_89.jpg

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Beautiful map, Ninjalin, which demonstrates activity of all guilds.
Is it because of the nerf or is it because of how you play with other guilds? maybe a bit of both...

Owl II

Emperor
VP will be the same in the copper league. The essence of GBG was in the amount of battles so far (before nerf) It's almost as dead a desert for you as it is for us now. The tiles are without locks, and no one claims them. It will be possible to assume that this feature is finally killed if everything goes the same way on live servers. However, we now know what the developers are trying to achieve. They are waiting for the distribution of guilds by league to change. Well, we'll wait too.

King Flush

Marquis
Agree with Owl the map looks okay from a layman’s point of view but anyone with a bit of knowledge will note at how slow everything must be moving with that many unlocked sectors that aren’t being hit, clearly the other guilds have been beckoned to take sectors so there can be something to take back but just looks completely tedious to me.
Pre nerf if all the other guilds are weak I’d imagine map would be similar but just moving a lot quicker.

-Alin-

Emperor
Is it because of the nerf or is it because of how you play with other guilds? maybe a bit of both...
We just fight and build camps where is needed, we leave sectors for everyone, thats what we did in the last 3 rounds with the nerf, we dont hold sectors either, when we are online we take what is possible and done for the day, we barely look at the map :))
In the morning when I woke up almost everything was white/gray, they took sectors back now, some of them, it will happen this again and again, people still want fights and rewards, as our guild is interested in taking first place too in the league everytime.
VP will be the same in the copper league. The essence of GBG was in the amount of battles so far (before nerf) It's almost as dead a desert for you as it is for us now. The tiles are without locks, and no one claims them. It will be possible to assume that this feature is finally killed if everything goes the same way on live servers. However, we now know what the developers are trying to achieve. They are waiting for the distribution of guilds by league to change. Well, we'll wait too.
1659528544866.png
That is what we have so far.

Things slowed down again anyway, first days guilds were a bit more active.

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
I think Inno is manually adjusting the leagues compositions. If true they will see the need to change how guilds move to Diamond. It proves that small guilds do not fit in the 1K leagues.

jovada

Regent
All that nonsens about small guilds does not deserve and big guilds blablabla.
You better should speak about active guilds , cause not every big or bigger guild is that active.
This resemble pretty much the spoiler NinjAlin posted
(in red the number of members guild has)

Attachments

• beta gbg 01.jpg
    beta gbg 01.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 32
  • beta gbg 02.jpg
    beta gbg 02.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: