• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, June 30th, the season with the rebalanced Siege Camps and Watch Towers will start.

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

Feedback provided here will no longer be forwarded. If you want, that your feedback gets forwarded, have a look in the Feedback Thread!

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Ok, time to deleted Ai Core, Atomium and sohs, 6500 Treasury goods aren't needed anymore.

Also, now traps and statues will be a thing, no more peace between some guilds for being #1.

Also, Little new players are f..d, whales got everything for 2 years, myself included, and they will be left with almost nothing.

Owl II

Emperor
I think that the ability to farm abundantly was the only attractive feature of GBG. You removed it. Excellent. Now it will be the same trash as the PVP tower. But now at least GL can breathe freely and not be stuck in the game 24/7, providing farm to teammates

Last edited:

thelegend88

Squire
I understand issues regarding GBG, but this might not be a good solution... I thought you will just limit number of fights each player can do per day like 600 or 800... Like you limited RQs, without going into this convolution and basically devalue SCs after we all have built up our treasury GBs and spend a whole load of FPs on them...

If you push this trough then give ability to Atom, OBS and AI core to give attrition decrease

JuiceJuicin

Farmer
For casual players/guilds or ones who don't spend a lot of time logged in the game this change works for them.

For those guilds who spend all the time building up the guild Treasury, Guild Goods GBs. Having a 66.6% max cap when before having a 3 camper @ 72% just about took you out of GBG for the day after a few 3 campers. Now having 66.6% max no matter what's put down disregards what these guilds/players that put time and effort into building since GBG came out.

Shouldn't punish guilds and players that built up to sustain what Inno has had out for the past 2.5 years and instead make a better league than Diamond since now most servers have 8 pages of "Diamond" guilds (knowing half of the guilds aren't even ready for Diamond league).

Make GBG cross server as GE and rebalance the League Placements so we don't have to hear about smaller guilds crying about no rewards in GBG due to the League Placement system. That's what should be addressed instead of cutting off the fun and resources the top guilds and players already put in.

Disagree with this 66.6% change max, even for a newer player prospective that wants to grow, GBG is a great fun way to grow but as a new city even having low troops/goods; this change will make it harder for newer players to continue to earn rewards and get higher attrition.

The point of leveling guild good GBs and treasury management shouldn't be punished trying to "balance" those who guilds that want to compete.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
First of all, despite I have mixed feelings about this change, I think it's a good one. There are obviously cons here, but everything taken into account, this was very much a needed change, should've been done year(s?) ago, if we are honest to ourselves.

Two things I would like to mention:
1. What about the other buildings?
Especially traps and decoys? Now that you can't nullify their power, it...might make sense to nerf these at some level? Not sure about the others (like status, palaces), but feel like these 2 should be reevaluated with this nerf.

2. Loot for the main buildings.
You have about 25% chance to get a SoH fragment, ~12% to get an Elephant fragment (based on the Fandom wiki), but for the sake of simplicity, let's say half of how many SoH fragments you can get (and who knows, maybe that's exactly the chance here :) ).

Now, depending on how much one can go in attrition, it might take some time to get a fully leveled main building (SoH or Elephant), even if you fight at 66,6% every time, every day. For each 10 attrition you can get to, you get about 7,4 fragments ( ( 10 / ( 1 - 0.66 ) ) x 0,25 ) for SoH, daily. So, that means, if someone can get to 60 attrition, he would get ~44 fragments, if you can get to 100, about 74. You need 1600 fragments in total for a fully leveled building, so not including the reward you get from the end result, it...might take some time to level these.

For someone who could get to 80 (quite decent number I think, with that, it's ~59 fragments, daily), it would take 27 days for a fully leveled SoH, so ~2,25 rounds (on the Volcano map), since 1 GBG lasts for 12 days, 10 full days + 2 (first day, last day). 54 days for Elephant, so more than 4 rounds. And since there is a rotation between 2 maps now, there is a "2x" multiplier there, in time. So it's not 8 (4x2) weeks for an elephant, but 16. That sounds a lot.

Not saying the loot should change (rewards, rates), but...something I think should be considered with this change.

(Hope my numbers are correct, if not, let me know)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'll take my case as an example:
I am part of an average guild of 20 active members who are 90% of the time in the 1,000 LP league
I push my daily attrition to 90 and average 3,000 fights per GbG.
With your proposal, I will only do:
- 990 fights with 0 Camps per GbG.
- 1.227 fights with 1 Camps per GbG.
- 1.406 fights with 2 Camps per GbG.
- 1.544 fights with 3 Camps per GbG.
- 1,650 battles with 4 Camps per GbG.
I won't waste as much time in GbG anymore, but I will spend less diamonds as a result.
In short, I do not criticize, I ask to test and possibly make a return if the % of the camps are to be reviewed.
On the other hand, ArklurBêta is right, the traps and others must also be nerfed.

thelegend88

Squire
@Juber

Two questions:

1. Let us say we swapped 10 sectors with average of 20 SC being constructed every swap, for 5 swaps a day. That is 100 SC a day and a lot of goods used. After this change we will construct how many? Perhaps 10 a day? Where will all this goods be used, you surely have an alternative ready?

2. How will the rewards be increased now that fights are trimmed down, will we in diamond league for example get 30 FPs instead of 10. Where is the new loot chart so we can see it?

Last edited:
I consider this proposed change to be a significant detriment to my goals and play style for the game. The fast and frantic battles of GBG are one of my favorite parts of the game. As a player who is just now finally climbing to higher ages and has been looking forward to racking up battles and move up the leaderboard, this puts me at an extreme disadvantage to the players that have been getting thousands of battles per week for years on GBG. Basically a huge nerf against any players hoping to someday reduce the gap of hundreds of millions of score points that the top few hundred have, making it essentially impossible.

CrashBoom

Legend
I'll take my case as an example:
I am part of an average guild of 20 active members who are 90% of the time in the 1,000 LP league
I push my daily attrition to 90 and average 3,000 fights per GbG.
With your proposal, I will only do:
- 990 fights with 0 Camps per GbG.
- 1.227 fights with 1 Camps per GbG.
- 1.406 fights with 2 Camps per GbG.
- 1.544 fights with 3 Camps per GbG.
- 1,650 battles with 4 Camps per GbG.
I won't waste as much time in GbG anymore, but I will spend less diamonds as a result.
In short, I do not criticize, I ask to test and possibly make a return if the % of the camps are to be reviewed.
On the other hand, ArklurBêta is right, the traps and others must also be nerfed.
according to my math
4 Camps = 66.6% less attrition
so you get approx 1/3 attrition
so you can do 270 fights a day when you reach 90 attrition

11 days = 2970

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
No more need to have big tough fighting guilds.....
Now everyone can just belong to crappy mediocre guilds.....
Say goodbye to all those rushed SC's Inno... no more need for diamonds... lmao....
Now the game game can be so much less rewarding.... nice job!
You do not seem to have understood the current system...

The players in big guilds currently make less profits than the players in 20 member guilds, simply because there are not enough progress points available to fully use up their attrition potential.

Now big guilds finally will make sense again for the personal gain - only the big guild will be able to get to the center and make more fights on low attrition.

The GBG will now finally get closer to what they were intended to be from the get go - "not a 24/7 feature". And the endless farmerama will have an end.

Personally, I would be fine without the cap, or with a higher cap. The gains above 4 camps do not seem too big...

The only thing standing in the way of a proper ranking now are the given LP gains/losses such that guilds do not continue to be on a roller-coaster...