• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

I can only guarantee you'll see my fight numbers go down to zero and then I'll have had my 'comeuppance' won't I :) literally I can't wait!!

I also said for the log in once a day players they may find fights available to them that they may not have always had before, so some in the lower echelon may get some more fights, of course the distribution will be more even, the question remains should the active players not get more than those that choose to participate less and I see no argument that justifies why this should not be so.
Why does this question exist remain? Unless I missed something nobody on this thread has said that active players should not get more fights than less active players. Seems intuitive doesn't it? Post-change, active players will continue to get more fights than less active players - just not as many as pre-change.

King Flush

Marquis
Why does this question exist remain? Unless I missed something nobody on this thread has said that active players should not get more fights than less active players. Seems intuitive doesn't it? Post-change, active players will continue to get more fights than less active players - just not as many as pre-change.
okay seriously you really need to be pedantic about things? but if you really need to rephrase it then I shall - the question remains, should the active players not get a whole lot more than those that choose to participate much less? and I see no argument that justifies why this should not be so. why should a player with 2000 attack only get a handful more fights than someone with less than 1000 ? or someone who plays for hours to be restricted back towards those that hardly play?

jovada

Regent
the question remains should the active players not get more than those that choose to participate less and I see no argument that justifies why this should not be so.
The answer to your question is really simple, if you the active player does more fights then the player who participate less you automatically have more rewards, the only thing you loose is your free candie.

blueskydwg

Steward
okay seriously you really need to be pedantic about things? but if you really need to rephrase it then I shall - the question remains, should the active players not get a whole lot more than those that choose to participate much less? and I see no argument that justifies why this should not be so. why should a player with 2000 attack only get a handful more fights than someone with less than 1000 ? or someone who plays for hours to be restricted back towards those that hardly play?
OK, now that's actually a great question. Let me rephrase just a bit - Why is Inno making this change?
And I don't think they have ever said other than vague references to balancing.
Is it to address the possibility of players using scripts to speed up their fights? Maybe - I haven't seen that in any of the cities I play, but I guess it's a possibility.
Is it somehow thought that this will help balance the competition among the 7 to 8 guilds in each battlegrounds? If that's the case, I'd say Inno is indulging in wishful thinking. Unless it's always the top 7 or 8 guilds always included (and I think they did this for awhile - I seem to remember in my live city having to compete against the same 4 or 5 guilds each season - then they adjusted it and I usually don't see a repeat for 4 or 5 seasons) then there is always going to be larger, more active guilds (and the more active is the key - 40 really active players can dominate 80 so-so) running the show and the less active guilds just picking up the scraps (if they even want them - but how did they get in diamond anyway? That really amazes me).

So, bottom line, we don't know why.

But we can mostly determine the impact.
More active players will get a reduction in their fights. The reduction will be proportionate - everyone getting 1000 per day now will likely stay in synch with each other - either at 500 or 600 or whatever.
That will happen. No ifs, ands, or buts.

What we don't know, and what most of the comments here are really going in giant circles about, is what will be the impact on everyone else.
My guess is "Not much". Less active players will still be less active players. And let's face it - probably 95% (and I'm picking a number out of thin air here) would fit in that category.
Less active guilds may be able to get in more fights and capture more tiles, but most probably won't.

Just more insults.

Make up your mind what the question is. At first it was "should active players not get more than those that choose to participate less". Now it's "should the active players not get a whole lot more than those that choose to participate much less". I will give you my answer for "why should a player with 2000 attack only get a handful more fights than someone with less than 1000". It's called the law of diminishing returns.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I thought we were playing a game for fun, a management game to adapt, a strategy game to overcome difficulties, but not to worry about 155 pages unnecessarily!

King Flush

Marquis
The answer to your question is really simple, if you the active player does more fights then the player who participate less you automatically have more rewards, the only thing you loose is your free candie.
well Einstein thanks for pointing that out to me, however there's actually a whole lot more I'd lose like the whole game, as without the tactics etc the game is meaningless to me, the rewards I receive from GBG sucks for the time I have put into it in the past to facilitate my guild mates to play as a team is more important, I for sure deserve a whole lot more than I get, as I've said before I don't try for excessive fight numbers and could get many more rewards if I was to choose to play more selflessly or concentrate on the mundane such as sniping etc. I don't as I'm one of the few (in this forum at least) who actually appreciates game play!

King Flush

Marquis
Just more insults.

Make up your mind what the question is. At first it was "should active players not get more than those that choose to participate less". Now it's "should the active players not get a whole lot more than those that choose to participate much less". I will give you my answer for "why should a player with 2000 attack only get a handful more fights than someone with less than 1000". It's called the law of diminishing returns.
what the hell are you guys reading? point me to the insult? I rephrased the question as you were being funny but they both mean pretty much the same? diminishing returns indeed we already have diminishing returns for increasing attack stats, already I suggest there is not a big enough advantage to pushing your stats really high but we accept that's how it is. This is more than just diminishing returns in post nerf settings it makes it absolutely pointless to increase your stats over a much much lower threshold than it is currently members of the forum have already demonstrated this but the nerf puts everything so far out of balance it's crazy, can you imagine how many hours would have been wasted by players who have spent the last number of years painstakingly building their cities for current game environment for it to be in essence removed or at least so severely nullified. The sad thing is I doubt most players will even realise this until/if it comes in.

well Einstein thanks for pointing that out to me, however there's actually a whole lot more I'd lose like the whole game, as without the tactics etc the game is meaningless to me, the rewards I receive from GBG sucks for the time I have put into it in the past to facilitate my guild mates to play as a team is more important, I for sure deserve a whole lot more than I get, as I've said before I don't try for excessive fight numbers and could get many more rewards if I was to choose to play more selflessly or concentrate on the mundane such as sniping etc. I don't as I'm one of the few (in this forum at least) who actually appreciates game play!
I have my fingers crossed hoping that the Devs do their very best to see that you get everything you deserve.

Yekk

Regent
All that nonsens about small guilds does not deserve and big guilds blablabla.
You better should speak about active guilds , cause not every big or bigger guild is that active.
This resemble pretty much the spoiler NinjAlin posted
(in red the number of members guild has)
Your guild is in D-lite...You make my point for me. 1K is higher than D-lite which is higher than Platinum. Each has its own speed of play.

jovada

Regent
Your guild is in D-lite...You make my point for me. 1K is higher than D-lite which is higher than Platinum. Each has its own speed of play.
Did i speak of my guild ????? I only pointed out the activity (or not) in the group

Yekk

Regent
Did i speak of my guild ????? I only pointed out the activity (or not) in the group
Your attachment does that for you. Yours is the guild in white... You will see more fights for your players this league (D-lite) than in the last (1K) where you could not make let alone hold the middle. Thanks for playing...

jovada

Regent
Your attachment does that for you. Yours is the guild in white... You will see more fights for your players this league (D-lite) than in the last (1K) where you could not make let alone hold the middle. Thanks for playing...
We ended 5th but did more fights then the nr4 maybe even more then the nr3 in your 1k

Yekk

Regent
We ended 5th but did more fights then the nr4 maybe even more then the nr3 in your 1k
You did more fights than the 3 man guild that took 4th. Not than the 3rd place guild did though. My point is you do more for your guild in a D-lite league. I am a very good chess player but I would not make the candidates tournament. It would be wrong for me to say I deserved to be in it. It would be wrong to have a system which allowed me in unless I was actually that good. I might get a few draws in 100 games from Magnus Carlsen but he would consider me a fish (chess term for a lesser player).

King Flush

Marquis
You did more fights than the 3 man guild that took 4th. Not than the 3rd place guild did though. My point is you do more for your guild in a D-lite league. I am a very good chess player but I would not make the candidates tournament. It would be wrong for me to say I deserved to be in it. It would be wrong to have a system which allowed me in unless I was actually that good. I might get a few draws in 100 games from Magnus Carlsen but he would consider me a fish (chess term for a lesser player).
chess is a great game :)